Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
If aliens want to make some really nice circles why not carve it into the ground? What kind of pussy technology are they using that they can only push down some weeds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
If bob lazar worked on literal alien spaceships it would have been the most colossally earth shattering discovery in the history of our species and he'd be a lot more famous than going on rogan, who is notoriously credulous about like everything

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
He seems really humble and says he totally doesn't keep the money or really like the attention he gets for it though. I think being on the worlds biggest podcast with the guy who he recently appeared in a documentary with proves that.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Aliens don't make crop circles they do cooler stuff like stacking your trashcans up so that they're balanced in very precarious ways.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

If aliens existed and they did talk to our greedy amoral leaders there'd be no reason to share that knowledge with the general public since it would be an irreversibly humbling admission on the part of those in charge, who benefit from their own constructed authority

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Pontificating rear end posted:

Near the end of the podcast he does address how the government had his degrees wiped and even his birth certificate was removed from whatever database it exists, or something like that.

I'm the Man In Black sitting in his secret office with his finger hovering over the delete key, a man's degrees from MIT and Caltech selected in Window's Explorer. Because the government can just do that and would do it to a dude who got fired for bringing friends to Area 51 lol.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Leon Einstein posted:

I can't believe it's almost 2020 and someone seriously defended the idea that aliens make crop circles. It's done with ropes, boards, and posts. It's not difficult. I saw a video of guys making an intricate one in no time. It's basically redneck graffiti.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
I dunno guys im pretty sure a lot of people work at area 51 and have worked there throughout the years and nobody else spilled the beans or thought to enrich themselves? He can claim to not want money (lol right) all he wants, but somebody surely would have been an opportunistic rear end in a top hat and we'd be chilling on mars by now or something

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

If aliens did make contact with us, they could decimate us economically. Gold is nearly $1500 an oz, suppose they brought tons of the stuff and flooded the market until it was worth pennies. Then they could use their gold money to corner other markets.

What hope has the wealth of nations against the resources of entire galaxies?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

roughly 100% of abduction stories are just people who got fingerblasted by their uncles and have created a complex coping mechanism

:suicide:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

super sweet best pal posted:

If aliens did make contact with us, they could decimate us economically. Gold is nearly $1500 an oz, suppose they brought tons of the stuff and flooded the market until it was worth pennies. Then they could use their gold money to corner other markets.

What hope has the wealth of nations against the resources of entire galaxies?

Then I could have the giant gold brick I've always wanted.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
as neil degrasse tyson says, if you find yourself with access to an actual alien spaceship just take a sec to like grab an ashtray off the shelf or something and present it to the world at large for study. an alien ashtray has gotta be pretty cool.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

The_Continental posted:

roughly 100% of abduction stories are just people who got fingerblasted by their uncles and have created a complex coping mechanism

No most of them are just people straight up lying for attention. People that get sexually abused generally don't make up wild tales to cover it up. They just don't talk about it then turn to drugs and alcohol to cope.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Another explanation for that area 51 dude, and a number of conspiracy theories generally, is that it's easier to toss out bonkers theories to discredit the plausible and real conspiracies. Easier than silencing the true ones wholesale

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Relayer posted:

as neil degrasse tyson says, if you find yourself with access to an actual alien spaceship just take a sec to like grab an ashtray off the shelf or something and present it to the world at large for study. an alien ashtray has gotta be pretty cool.

Smoking is actually what's keeping us from being brought into the galactic community. Nobody wants to deal with that in space.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

The_Continental posted:

aliens are real but this is still true

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
arent like 99% of alien stories put out by the government just noise to protect actual top secret projects and poo poo

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Kazak posted:

Another explanation for that area 51 dude, and a number of conspiracy theories generally, is that it's easier to toss out bonkers theories to discredit the plausible and real conspiracies. Easier than silencing the true ones wholesale

Hmm well I think he's just lying

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I read a thing once by a dude who claimed that the government is picking on isolated people for mind control experiments and then implanting a false memory of alien abduction to help ensure that nobody takes them seriously. Still complete bullshit but I find it much more plausible than aliens grabbing rednecks to take blood and sperm samples.

I've also heard that the government knows bigfoot is real but is keeping it suppressed because if the fact that they're real comes out they'll naturally be declared an endangered and protected species and thus their habitat will be subject to conservation law which would cost the logging industry billions. Still complete bullshit but I find that one MUCH easier to swallow.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Actually I'm going to describe the Bob Lazar interview for the lazy goons

He worked at Area 51 during its heyday and saw 6 or so spaceships in one area, with 3 on either side, in hangers. They were distinctly different; Bob said the only whispers of where it came from were 'an archealogical dig' or the Zeta Reticuli system, but said they might spread disinformation this way. He went inside one, where it was mostly one-color, only smooth edges, and smaller than human size (cramped) with no wires. The only spaces were in the cockpit and a small area under the cockpit where THE REACTOR came from; he had to hang upside-down to look inside.

His assigned project was to work on THE REACTOR which was simply a sphere that would emit energy to power the spacecraft (I don't think they could turn it on). They were to try to figure out how it works without opening it because of the hard material, or because he believed they had tried to cut one open and there was a horrible explosion. He took his friends to see the spaceships flying at night because he knew when they would do it, and the military found out and fired him and that's about it.

Near the end of the podcast he does address how the government had his degrees wiped and even his birth certificate was removed from whatever database it exists, or something like that.

He said doesn't like attention (a scientist after all) and sometimes wishes he never came out with the info in the late 80's. He donates any money he makes from the UFO stuff to science programs.

one of his pet theories is he leaked word of element 115, or Moscovium, and that it's a component of the gravity engine/reactor and is the real secret everyone is trying to keep under wraps

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscovium

his latest documentation of this malicious intent is a 12 min conversation he had with a dude discussing it, but they kept their phones on and on their person (after Snowdens leak about the extent of smart phones used as surveillance devices) and suddenly he was raided by the FBI or w/e.

still seems like bs

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

no its not about covering up its about accounting for the cognitive dissonance that is created when a loved one or adult authority figure, through a traumatic event triggers a sort of semiotic reprogramming masking the authority figure

"In 1996, McNally and Clancy became the first researchers to examine memory function in women who believed they had recovered memories of childhood sexual abuse. They found that these women were significantly more likely to create false memories of nontraumatic events in a lab than were women who had always remembered being sexually abused, or women who had never been abused. (The findings are outlined in McNally's book, Remembering Trauma, published this spring. See review, page 81).

Here's an article from psychology today, the excerpt is the takeaway. I learned of the phenomenon from Dr. Bertram Karon, a brilliant psychoanalyst and professor who passed away in august at age 89.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

OMFG FURRY posted:

one of his pet theories is he leaked word of element 115, or Moscovium, and that it's a component of the gravity engine/reactor and is the real secret everyone is trying to keep under wraps

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscovium

his latest documentation of this malicious intent is a 12 min conversation he had with a dude discussing it, but they kept their phones on and on their person (after Snowdens leak about the extent of smart phones used as surveillance devices) and suddenly he was raided by the FBI or w/e.

still seems like bs

115 is elerium

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

The_Continental posted:

no its not about covering up its about accounting for the cognitive dissonance that is created when a loved one or adult authority figure, through a traumatic event triggers a sort of semiotic reprogramming masking the authority figure

"In 1996, McNally and Clancy became the first researchers to examine memory function in women who believed they had recovered memories of childhood sexual abuse. They found that these women were significantly more likely to create false memories of nontraumatic events in a lab than were women who had always remembered being sexually abused, or women who had never been abused. (The findings are outlined in McNally's book, Remembering Trauma, published this spring. See review, page 81).

Here's an article from psychology today, the excerpt is the takeaway. I learned of the phenomenon from Dr. Bertram Karon, a brilliant psychoanalyst and professor who passed away in august at age 89.

Are all the kids pretending to have dragon souls or the ones that think they're totally vampires doing so to cope with sexual abuse too?

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

They are here, they got Trump elected and are keeping climate change chugging along as part of their terraforming efforts. We all go extinct and they get a new planet for the taking

This way, if we are seen killing ourselves, it escapes audits by the galactic government

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Are all the kids pretending to have dragon souls or the ones that think they're totally vampires doing so to cope with sexual abuse too?

They are probably suffering from a lack of action in that case, or just playing, as kids do because dragons and vampires are flippin' sweet.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
DID aliens create bigfoot inside the basement of the pyramids?? Some ancient astronaut theorists say yes. Tonight on the history channel

Plumps
Apr 21, 2010

Julius CSAR posted:

The first I saw it my jaw dropped and it actually kind of scared me because it's like, I've always wanted to see a video that is like maybe not unequivocally proof of it, but something that I personally would be like, "That is very convincing to me" since most video or radar tracks are pretty easily explained. And then I saw this video, and I was just like... "Oh, so that's what it feels like to see this video.... I'm not sure I actually like this. The video I'm watching here is scary as hell, jesus

Got a link to the video(s)?
The ones ive seen just show the usual blurry bullshit that could be anything, or a dot moving in a straight line.

Kyron
Aug 6, 2013

Also being real, if the government had any actual knowledge on extra terrestrial life you know Trump would have spilled the beans on it by now

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

teardrop posted:

A few months ago the Navy admitted that UFOs are real, and the Pentagon has been documenting impossible aerial maneuvers for decades.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/18/politics/navy-confirms-ufo-videos-trnd/index.html

Nobody cares, because everything is so hosed up in general these days. Will a UFO come pay my bills? Will a UFO fix a broken social contract that destroyed our sense of community and put Right and Left at each others’ throats? Will a UFO abduct me from this dead gay Earth before climate change displaces a quarter of the population and destabilizes the entire planet? Lame.

Is it weird that nobody cares? I feel like even 20 years ago, staring down Y2K, people were collectively searching for meaning and imagining worlds beyond their everyday. Has being connected to Google 24/7 with our personal portable Skinner box made us feel saturated with information, or have people actually always given no fucks? For all of the conspiracy theories about mind control brainwashing, the punch line is that advertising and fake news breed apathy cheaper and better.

The aliens called me, and they said that you're too much of a buzzkill to take off planet.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Actually I'm going to describe the Bob Lazar interview for the lazy goons

He worked at Area 51 during its heyday and saw 6 or so spaceships in one area, with 3 on either side, in hangers. They were distinctly different; Bob said the only whispers of where it came from were 'an archealogical dig' or the Zeta Reticuli system, but said they might spread disinformation this way. He went inside one, where it was mostly one-color, only smooth edges, and smaller than human size (cramped) with no wires. The only spaces were in the cockpit and a small area under the cockpit where THE REACTOR came from; he had to hang upside-down to look inside.

His assigned project was to work on THE REACTOR which was simply a sphere that would emit energy to power the spacecraft (I don't think they could turn it on). They were to try to figure out how it works without opening it because of the hard material, or because he believed they had tried to cut one open and there was a horrible explosion. He took his friends to see the spaceships flying at night because he knew when they would do it, and the military found out and fired him and that's about it.

He said doesn't like attention (a scientist after all) and sometimes wishes he never came out with the info in the late 80's. He donates any money he makes from the UFO stuff to science programs.

lmao what

He doesn't like attention which is why he's kept at the story for the last thirty years, maintains a personal website under his name that outlines the entire story http://www.boblazar.com/ , and runs and maintains a very classic and well publicized science-esque online store https://www.unitednuclear.com/ .

The guy's a kook or an attention seeker. The sheer number of coverups that would be needed to support his story is straight up comedic.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

The_Continental posted:

shadow people hallucinations during sleep paralysis mirror a lot of basic abduction scenarios tho (like waking up surrounded by figures and unable to speak or move) and it’s possibke the brain could be trying to fill in the blanks trying to compensate for a weird seizure-like moment. there’s also the possibility that some abductions are military abductions purposefully designed so the victim seems like a crazy person when describing the incident

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I seriously don't understand the aversion to saying "the people who say they got abducted are almost all lying" because that's what's going on there it's no loving mystery and we don't need to dig for alternative plausible theories.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Kazak posted:

There's a documentary about this called Mirage Men.

They drove one guy mad by making him think he'd stumbled across a government ufo cover up.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

zaepg posted:

I've been looking at a lot of crop circles at
http://www.cropcircleconnector.com/2019/rumours2019.html

Based off other sources, I honestly believe crop circles are a way, souls/aliens/beings from a future point in time are using to mark different cycles of the universe to inform other extraterrestrials of. IT's sad this gets covered up and dismissed because of human tendency to get assume if the science is not 100%. But if nothing else, I do honestly, believe a non-earth based lifeform is creating crop circles for whatever reason.

Yeah dude. They're super advanced and with sophisticated understanding about "cycles of the universe", but the best way to physically establish that important information is by bending some plants on the ground that are going to be harvested and gone in a few months. Even humans aren't that stupid.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Yeah, even humans aren't that stupid

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Goodpancakes posted:

They are here, they got Trump elected and are keeping climate change chugging along as part of their terraforming efforts. We all go extinct and they get a new planet for the taking

This way, if we are seen killing ourselves, it escapes audits by the galactic government

This is exactly the premise of The Arrival, starring Charlie Sheen.

Kyron posted:

Also being real, if the government had any actual knowledge on extra terrestrial life you know Trump would have spilled the beans on it made it piss on him by now

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

CPL593H posted:

This is exactly the premise of The Arrival, starring Charlie Sheen.

A great movie, starring Charlie Sheen

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
My dad once passed out drunk on a field of rye. Afterwards there was a man-shaped pattern there. How's that for a cosmic mystery, alienailures?

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
lol if you think the US military have these super advanced new physics types of propulsion, without doing nothing with it except confuse people for decades.

lol if you think any military does.

They commissioned a report on how they might possibly work and the best they came up with was "uh maybe plasma and general relativity stuff i dunno :shrug: "

The military just barely funds even mundane stuff like the Polywell reactor, because they have bombs to build and people to kill. They don't have time to invent new physics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Icochet posted:

My dad once passed out drunk on a field of rye. Afterwards there was a man-shaped pattern there. How's that for a cosmic mystery, alienailures?

That's so loving cool. I wish I was with your dad at that moment. Just me and your dad, passed out on a field of rye, drunk on rye. A fuckin dream I tell you