Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
I'm sure people will start warming up to amy when enough of their betters tell them that their horrible boss who gets furious at the idea of doing absolutely anything for them ever is actually good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

oh hey, we found the fabled Bernie Bro

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ah yes, thoughts and prayers, that always works

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

comedyblissoption posted:

also keep in mind mainstream videos from poo poo like cnn used to get only a few thousand views, so google is literally now herding people by the hundreds of thousands to the klobb propaganda hour, resulting in massive dislike ratios

Those metrics are probably going to get someone fired. And I'm glad.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Why is NOBODY making the electability argument for Amy Klobuchar, the candidate with 12 supporters who loses to Trump in every single opinion poll.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

exquisite tea posted:

Why is NOBODY making the electability argument for Amy Klobuchar, the candidate with 12 supporters who loses to Trump in every single opinion poll.

electability has nothing to do with polls or number of supporters.

it’s all theoretical. it’s the Chicago school of economics but for elections

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

nate silver's identity politics logic is literally people will support someone who shares their own identity uncritically and was the basis of saying beto was gonna be a hit with young people

klob is from the midwest, therefore midwest people will support her

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

exquisite tea posted:

but haven’t you heard, she’s from ~~~The Midwest~~~

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

oh hey, we found the fabled Bernie Bro

The only real Bernie Bro is Larry Sanders.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

I loving love all of this

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lol that somebody found the one person on Earth who would have actually been pulled away from Bernie by Beto, and it's Madelynn Stapleton, 20

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

also keep in mind mainstream videos from poo poo like cnn used to get only a few thousand views, so google is literally now herding people by the hundreds of thousands to the klobb propaganda hour, resulting in massive dislike ratios

Meanwhile at the KLOB campaign headquarters

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ramadu posted:

I don't think he's wrong. I think Yang does bring a lot of good ideas to the table, its just those good ideas he has are implemented in the worst ways possible. I think Yang has done a good job touching on some aspects Bernie hasn't yet addressed like UBI and stuff.

Yeah, he's had some good policy opinions (and some bad but well meaning ones) among the garbage and would probably do better in a lower position with someone above him who can say no.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/bernforbernie20/status/1208486180322496512?s=21

literally John Kerry strategy

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

I'm an interesting man, I have a lot of hobbies that I dabble in but know nothing about beneath the surface layer

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

exquisite tea posted:

It all makes sense if you understand that the word "electability" is just shorthand for "support from the commentariat". Klobb has support from the commentariat, therefore she is electable. Bernie doesn't have support from the commentariat, therefore he's unelectable.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ramadu posted:

I don't think he's wrong. I think Yang does bring a lot of good ideas to the table, its just those good ideas he has are implemented in the worst ways possible. I think Yang has done a good job touching on some aspects Bernie hasn't yet addressed like UBI and stuff.

I feel like once M4A is established and running, UBI will be Bernie's next step. UBI is absolutely a necessity for the American people, but without social services properly established (healthcare, education, and childcare) UBI won't be the boon for people Yang is claiming it will be because people will be using their UBI money for things that should be paid for by the government anyway. Maybe if it was more than $1000 a month, then Yang's solution of "make up for government shortcomings by letting Americans choose where to throw their government stipend at" miiiiiight work. Maybe.

Also, Yang is a techbro through-and-through. Per the last debate, he doesn't have a problem with China's mass surveillance techniques, his issue is that the USA doesn't have a comparable program. So while I'm glad he's talking about UBI, he--or anyone with similar ideas to him--should not be anywhere close to the White House.

asecondduck has issued a correction as of 14:10 on Dec 22, 2019

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 17 days!)

Pete is gonna pin his corgi to a log like a dead bug

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
bow hunting is catering to old dads which is already his base? what’s the point

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pete Voice: It is much easier to extract an arrow from a carcass than a bullet, and while reusing the bullet is a labor intensive process that requires chemicals and heavy machinery reusing arrows is fairly simple. Bow hunting is an excellent skill to have when the bounds of society become unfettered and meat is back on the menu.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

CharlestheHammer posted:

bow hunting is catering to old dads which is already his base? what’s the point

As a father who has a passing interest in archery I can confirm this is the closest he's been to relatable

Though if he was really trying to pander he would be talking about going to one of those bar/ax throwing establishments

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Pete voice: when you shoot an animal with a rifle, if you do it right, you spray its brain across the forest and it is dead before it hits the ground. With a bow that almost never happens. it really lets you get close to the animal in ots last moments. it gives you a chance to see that moment when the light goes out. That's the real essence of hunting. It's what I live for.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

VideoTapir posted:

Pete voice: when you shoot an animal with a rifle, if you do it right, you spray its brain across the forest and it is dead before it hits the ground. With a bow that almost never happens. it really lets you get close to the animal in ots last moments. it gives you a chance to see that moment when the light goes out. That's the real essence of hunting. It's what I live for.

https://twitter.com/GravelInstitute/status/1208167332331347969?s=19

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Lastgirl posted:

people are aware that dany is a narcissistic psychopath who's self indulgence power trips involve casual murder

thats why libs see clinton and warren in her, so they can follow someone to not be at the wrong end of the stick

lol that was the best part of the last season, watching people get caught off guard about Dany's heelturn that could be seen a mile away

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/jaboukie/status/1208745641473499136?s=21

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

already gone

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/greg06897/status/1208617748458352645?s=19

Harry Enten using the lines he gets at the end of the second date for political analysis

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Just remembered this morning how like 2 months ago they broke a story about Stephen Miller being a white nationalist (obvious) and a bunch of people in the media spent a day on twitter being angry that everyone was responding with "yeah that's obvious." Then after that day some former DC politics journalist posted a tweet noting that anyone who'd been a DC press person since 2013 had gotten at least a few emails from Miller full of racist propaganda. Everyone suddenly stopped talking about the story after that.

Not really sure how you move the country forward, as opposed to turning in to England, with out [parody] [parody]ing all the journalists ASAP.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Rastor posted:

already gone

God drat it Jaboukie, stop deleting your tweets!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/burgerkrang/status/1207666901532446724?s=20

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

theCalamity posted:

God drat it Jaboukie, stop deleting your tweets!

Someone's thirsty for that Yang wang

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

smarxist posted:

old tweets but Jesus Christ, succ levels that beggar the imagination
https://twitter.com/drmistercody/status/1180190545127149569?s=19

Just a party full of funko pop collectors.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol that was the best part of the last season, watching people get caught off guard about Dany's heelturn that could be seen a mile away

I dunno Book Dany maybe, but TV Dany was legit a liberator who only seemed to care about freeing people from serfdom. She's crazy in the way John Brown was crazy.

In the book, you get in her head, and she's a boiling cauldron of insanity and obsessed with regaining her throne.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lmfao

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

A cool part of trying to make Klobmentum happen is that even with all this effort at best you can hope to get her up to 8-9% most likely, just hacking in to Biden, Pete, and maybe a bit of Warren even. Let's log-jam the not-Bernie lane!!

e- she can fill the role Harris had a month ago.

Fidel Cuckstro has issued a correction as of 15:34 on Dec 22, 2019

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

smarxist posted:

cenkghazi ain't going away!

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

what was it

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN