Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I meant unironically good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Wow rude

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

cats is definitely some free tickets must-see

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Definitely recommend Knives Out, it is an incredibly fun and extremely well made film.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I had a big old grin the entire time Knives Out was on, probably from the moment it cut from JLC saying she’s not stupid enough to start trash-talking her sibling, to Don Johnson doing exactly that

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Knives Out is where it’s at. Holy poo poo, Blanc’s monologue at the end...

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

thanks for spoiling who is alive at the end just to only offer a wordless implication. i'm hopping mad. Edit the above post with a very large and satisfying review of the ending 'logue

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Knives Out is being screened basically next door in four-ish hours, think I’m gonna go catch that. Grandma’s gonna be going to bed around then too so I don’t have to keep her company. But first I gotta bake this Christmas ham

Edit: Lol actually can’t because the free ticket can’t be used until the 25th

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Dec 22, 2019

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

extradite THIS! posted:

Got a movie ticket from my grandma. What's currently good in the cinemas? The Lighthouse still seems to run, I understand that poo poo's supposed to be dope

Knives Out for sure, if you'd like a drama I quite enjoyed Uncut Gems. Or see if Ip Man 4 is playing nearby on Christmas.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

crossposting from the MOTYC thread because I am still amazed that this video for early 2000s mainstream pop artist Robbie Williams existed
:nws:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnO3nijfYmU&t=151s:nws:

I know this was pre-9/11 but drat this is still fuckin surreal to see these days, especially with that lovely CG skeleton

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I bought my partner a book she wants, Ali Wong's Dear Girls hardcover. I am going to write a note for her in the front pages of the book but frankly I feel a little weird doing that since I try to never tarnish the books ever. She'll be okay with it, she writes and highlights stuffs in her books all the time, and I figure I might as well do the same. I just feel weird about it (but also excited!)

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Artelier posted:

I bought my partner a book she wants, Ali Wong's Dear Girls hardcover. I am going to write a note for her in the front pages of the book but frankly I feel a little weird doing that since I try to never tarnish the books ever. She'll be okay with it, she writes and highlights stuffs in her books all the time, and I figure I might as well do the same. I just feel weird about it (but also excited!)

Have you considered a bookplate? Inscribe something on a sheet that can be affixed to the front page, and if you ever need to remove it, it's a bit more possible.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Lamuella posted:

Have you considered a bookplate? Inscribe something on a sheet that can be affixed to the front page, and if you ever need to remove it, it's a bit more possible.

I never knew this existed, thank you! Not sure if I can source for one before I give this book away, but will definitely keep a lookout in the future for the many, many books we will continue to give each other :)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkjXr9SrzQE

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Easily the worst thing about spending Christmas with my grandma: 24/7 Jesus radio

I've been here for less than 24 hours and I'm already losing my mind

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

So apparently Cats was sent to the theaters unfinished as far as CGI goes and the studio is still trying to finish it even though it's already released? lol

That would make sense with all the reports of inconsistent effects and feet floating above the ground etc

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

cats2k20

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Imagine having this movie you've spent 100+ million dollars on that is almost entirely CGI and thinking "nobody will notice in some scenes they have human hands with wedding rings and feet floating above the ground" as you rush your unfinished prints to theaters expecting it to somehow do well

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Honestly at this point I’m half convinced they realised it was a turd months ago and decided that going full Producers was the only way to sell tickets

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

You're probably right

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Stop making me want to see Cats

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Go see Cats it owned

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

If you're going for the effects gently caress ups do it before they fix it or it'll just be a bad movie instead of a bad movie with hilarious effects mistakes/delays

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm genuinely surprised I didn't see Rum Tum Tugger t-posing in the background at any point. The effects are a sight to see

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Mr. Carlisle posted:

So apparently Cats was sent to the theaters unfinished as far as CGI goes and the studio is still trying to finish it even though it's already released? lol

That would make sense with all the reports of inconsistent effects and feet floating above the ground etc

Trying to make their return on the DVD/BD/streaming revenue...lmao this is literally a Day 1 patch

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I heard tjey cut off one of the cats dicks in post and he's very angry

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Cavauro posted:

I heard tjey cut off one of the cats dicks in post and he's very angry

this is pretty much Rum Tum Tugger’s entire arc in the movie

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

this is pretty much Rum Tum Tugger’s entire arc in the movie

You never logged it on Letterboxd bitch

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hey check this out. https://letterboxd.com/cavauro/films/

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

what's maligno

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

dead baby content in witcher. yuk.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I'm hoping to see Knives Out this week. Decided I got no interest in Star Wars. Assorted spoilers and internet discourse killed any desire to leave the house for it

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Star Wars didn't deserve my beautiful baby boy Rian Johnson, go see The Knives Out

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

jesus WEP posted:

what's maligno

evil one

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

I rewatched episodes 7 and 8 in preparation for seeing 9 tonight. My opinion of them is pretty much what it’s always been - they’re pretty good but not great, with hit or miss characters, some good gags and excellent special effects. Also I forgot just how looooooooong 8 is, and it sounds like 9 is the same run time. Even though I like the movie overall all I could think of while watching 8 was the MST3K scene where they just yell “END! END!”

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Are you talking about a tv show or a film?

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Star Wars article IX subsection 4a

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Oh, sorry! That's an embarrassing one.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
New Star Wars needed a lot more loving is all I’ll say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Finished Witcher. A bit messy for what should have been a straight forward story. I can see GoT comparisons because of the wacky state powerplay stuff they tacked on. That should have been ale fluff while the witcher does his witchering imo. They also did a poo poo job explaining what the gently caress a witcher is.