Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

whos looking forward to monster hunter world iceborne on pc janurarry 9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah banner saga is an easy skip imo swd2 owns

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I just beat outer wilds on pc it was very good but i needed a few hints

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Been playing Siege, battlefront ii, and titanfall ii. I downloaded dmc5 via gamepass (never played the series before) but haven’t gotten too far in. Seems like it’ll be tough to learn three different characters. Need to get some more tekken going as well

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ethanol posted:

I just beat outer wilds on pc it was very good but i needed a few hints

Sounds like you have a hypocritical attitude towards spoiler culture

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Stux posted:

never seen someone in here self own this hard congarts

lol okay corn cob

FastestGunAlive posted:

Been playing Siege, battlefront ii, and titanfall ii.

Titanfall 2 owns but the first game is better imo and I hope they make a third game that's like it. The original game felt like the Burnout of fps games and TF2 going more complex and shifting to hero titans (and bad map design) was disappointing.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

SUNKOS posted:

lol okay corn cob

[checking notes] corn cob. triggered. yeet. dab. [to audience] is this anything

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Never change, Stux.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Where is Xbox Ambassador to tell us about how perfect and saintly the new Xbox series X is?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Blind Rasputin posted:

Where is Xbox Ambassador to tell us about how perfect and saintly the new Xbox series X is?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Stux posted:

i enjoy playing games on my pc but dislike that i have to use windows

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Wouldn't it be nice if this thread was more like the PS4 thread and less repetitive moaning? I dunno just a thought.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
In.my experience, the PS4 thread is one of the better places to talk about Xbox

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

ethanol posted:

It’s gonna be a big year for Xbox

It's gonna be a year for the big Xbox

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
fellas I was home with a stomach bug yesterday and got some good gamepass time in

I was very excited by the prospect of playing through the whole gears franchise, but man when they did the update to ultimate why did they only modernize the graphics and not the game play

Dead cells owns

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I really want to hear your ideas to "modernize" Gears. I keep seeing that but nobody ever days what they want. I'd love to see people actually play the game because I'd bet money they play it like a scared robot.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
i've played forza for like 30 hours and still have no idea how to drift properly or drive a rwd car. please help.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

RBX posted:

I really want to hear your ideas to "modernize" Gears. I keep seeing that but nobody ever days what they want. I'd love to see people actually play the game because I'd bet money they play it like a scared robot.

Zoom the camera out so you can see more than 20% of the screen, get rid of the horrid camera shake when you sprint, change the cover to be sticky so you don’t just slide away from it when you try and turn the camera around...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Make it titanfall 3

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
give me a jump button on gears, having to take cover before being able to jump is annoying

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Blind Rasputin posted:

He had a massive meltdown over not being able to use transphobic language, so he auto banned himself and requested a permaban.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

ethanol posted:

It’s gonna be a big Xbox

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I said come in! posted:

He had a massive meltdown over not being able to use transphobic language, so he auto banned himself and requested a permaban.

Lol what. Not surprising I guess that a person with the worst gimmick behavior I’ve ever seen on a games forum has toxic as hell views on other things I guess.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

John Romero posted:

fellas I was home with a stomach bug yesterday and got some good gamepass time in

I was very excited by the prospect of playing through the whole gears franchise, but man when they did the update to ultimate why did they only modernize the graphics and not the game play

Dead cells owns

I tried Dead Cells for about 30 minutes, died once. I didn’t understand the mechanic. what’s happening when you die? Do you completely restart the game, or are there perks and upgrades and such that carry over and build up with each play through?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Zoom the camera out so you can see more than 20% of the screen, get rid of the horrid camera shake when you sprint, change the cover to be sticky so you don’t just slide away from it when you try and turn the camera around...

You can increase FOV on PC, console is weak so you can't there.

They have lessened the camera shake over time, believe me. But that's an asthetic choice for "immersion".

You only move off cover when you move the left stick away from it. Just moving the right stick you should be able to look around. Like at the start here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGaGOxoAM-E

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Blind Rasputin posted:

Lol what. Not surprising I guess that a person with the worst gimmick behavior I’ve ever seen on a games forum has toxic as hell views on other things I guess.

Yeah, I remember when he was allowed to post in the Xbox thread, every post he made was telling others to kill themselves, or pretending to play games with other goons, for some super weird reason. No one ever chimed in with confirmation that they actually ever played anything with him. No one is sure he ever actually owned an Xbox.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

RBX posted:

Drop the realism angle and triple down on the ridiculous over the top masculinity.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
That part from jaws where he says “we’re gonna need a bigger boat” but it’s the shark is a PlayStation and the boat is an Xbox and he says box instead of boat.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
They refuse to say if the PSU is internal in the sex box

So I’m gonna guess it’s a huge brick, again

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bricks are super annoying. Please have the PSU be internal.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Blind Rasputin posted:

I tried Dead Cells for about 30 minutes, died once. I didn’t understand the mechanic. what’s happening when you die? Do you completely restart the game, or are there perks and upgrades and such that carry over and build up with each play through?

The stuff you find during a run goes away when you die, with two main exceptions:

1) Special abilities like double jump and wall climb that allow you to reach new areas. I think there's one of these hidden in each zone?
2) The stuff you buy with souls from the merchant in the safe area at the end of each zone. The perks like extra healing potion charges are straight up permanent. When you buy weapons or abilities from him, it puts them in the drop pool forever. So even if you die, you'll still find those items in chests or at merchants or whatever during subsequent runs.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

I said come in! posted:

Bricks are super annoying. Please have the PSU be internal.

PSU will be internal but will require a massive cable and a 220v outlet like you would use for an Oven

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
480V 3 phase power required.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
Hey all, I looked through the OP and didnt see an answer to this question. I have an original model Xbox One (500gb with a 1tb external hdd connected). Well i just grabbed that $250 Xbox One X bundle w/ extra controller on Gamestop since I am using my xbox more with Gamepass now. So can I just use that same external drive, connect it to the X and transfer its games over (also having backed up settings to it), then wipe that drive, go back to my older XB1 and copy that 500gb of internal hdd games over to the external and connect it to the X. So previously external HDD games are now internal on the X, and previously internal hdd games are now external on the X? Looking for the quickest way to get everything over.

Thanks, I hope I made sense.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yes I'm 99% sure you can do that. Switching internals and moving data is pretty painless.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Why not just network transfer what’s on the internal drive and then plug the external one in and you’re done?

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Chasiubao posted:

Why not just network transfer what’s on the internal drive and then plug the external one in and you’re done?

True, I may just do that then. Thanks!

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Has anyone found a good list of free poo poo that you can get in games today?
Forza horizon 4 is giving away 5 expensive rear end cars. I couldn’t find anything else though.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

AFewBricksShy posted:

Has anyone found a good list of free poo poo that you can get in games today?
Forza horizon 4 is giving away 5 expensive rear end cars. I couldn’t find anything else though.
Thank Santa for the xCloud Preview so I can log in and redeem these while I'm away from home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Might try to start playing Witcher again. I was maybe halfway through it. Any tips for a person that’s basically not played it in years? I remember the mechanics about potions and combat being very confusing at first.