Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

For Timeline/PVP stuff, is it basically necessary to have an anti-web custom gear, or does some other effect on a CTP basically accomplish the same thing? Every single time a Spider-character shows up they stunlock my entire team to death, with my guys not being able to get off a single skill. My own Spider-man does not seem to fare as well for some reason.

I've only been paying attention to Timeline for Heroic Quest stuff (I've been trying to get the nine-tails lady to T2 for a while), but I'd like to at least be able to reliably get 5+ wins each day so it never takes more than 2 days to finish the "get 10 wins" objective. Currently I usually get 5 or 6 when letting it autoplay (I don't really do any better if I play manually lol), but sometimes I get 4 and that sucks.

Datasmurf posted:

So I've stupidly come back to this game after taking a break two or so years ago. And I can say that a lot has changed.

I hardly have any clue what to do anymore, and I've forgotten all my rotations. Is Nico/SG dead these days? I remember having her at rank 8 or something, now I'm down to 98, but she doesn't have a T3, so w/e.
And since I got in after black friday, I take it there's a while until the next time there's a uni sale. At least not for another week or so? I can't remember if they do anything for xmas.

Anyway. Is Deadpool still good, and what about this Lady Deadpool costume? Because I really dig her.

Everyone is technically useful because of the Shadowland tower thing. Or at least that's what I tell myself as I spend all my gold on T2-ing random characters and still haven't gotten a single T3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
In Timeline you use a leader with a passive that “removes all debuffs” (Jean, Surfer, Doom, Stryfe are ideal) or have Wasp on your team (whose passive does the same, and is a cheaper/easier option early on).

There are some weeks/teams that you can get away with other leads, but generally, just use leaders that remove all debuffs. Wasting a gear roll on web isn’t worth it.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArDnnEBnnw8

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

punchymcpunch posted:

nico is awful now, lady deadpool is good, id say a costume sale around new years? also they hosed something in the last patch and the game runs like poo poo now. and some of the world bosses are piss yellow

Boo. Oh well. At least fempool can be my new queen. Gwenpool awful too? I take it Singularity hasn't had an update in years, so I doubt she has surprisingly become better since last time I played.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Gwenpool's pretty useless but it looks like she'll be getting a bump this month. Ad hey, they're running out of characters to bump so they'll get to Nico and Singularity eventually.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Hopefully. :P

How about the warrior's three? :P

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I've just T2ed them all and they are fun for an early Shadowland clear.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

THEY DOUBLED THE MAXIMUM FOR PHOENIX FEATHERS!

Oh, and some new costumes for a Christmas shop but I don't have it yet.

BUT THEY DOUBLED THE CAP ON MUTANT STUFF!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

STAC Goat posted:

THEY DOUBLED THE MAXIMUM FOR PHOENIX FEATHERS!

Oh, and some new costumes for a Christmas shop but I don't have it yet.

BUT THEY DOUBLED THE CAP ON MUTANT STUFF!

Oh thank The Allfather. I was excited once I realized Apocalypse's potential so i can finally start using Mutant stuff to level him.
How do you get more Gwenpool tokens? Just the packs you need to use real money on and the smallest is 50bux? That's loving bullshit, that's the most nakedly greedy thing i've seen in a game I play.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Dec 19, 2019

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
The ugly sweater lady Deadpool costume is very OP and you should probably get it while it’s in the shop and on sale. DP absolutely rolls any WBU that’s not Thanos in that getup.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

b0ng posted:

The ugly sweater lady Deadpool costume is very OP and you should probably get it while it’s in the shop and on sale. DP absolutely rolls any WBU that’s not Thanos in that getup.

The best part about it is it changes the chopper to a sled.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Do we know that they're going to pull it? I only have 2k some crystals and don't want to rush into it.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

The Dave posted:

Do we know that they're going to pull it? I only have 2k some crystals and don't want to rush into it.

The wording on the release indicates it will be pulled from the store after January 1st.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Dammit. I'm saving for Negasonic and don't want to miss that. I wish Lady Deadpool was a separate character instead of a costume. I suppose I can Bugs Bunny it and just pretend he's in convincing drag.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
How the gently caress do I get these tokens? It claims I get them from logging on but that is absolutely a lie.

e: ok as I guessed, they're tokens you get from spending money. Jfc.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Adult Sword Owner posted:

How the gently caress do I get these tokens? It claims I get them from logging on but that is absolutely a lie.

e: ok as I guessed, they're tokens you get from spending money. Jfc.

you do get a few from logging in but you missed it. not enough to get anything tho

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

punchymcpunch posted:

you do get a few from logging in but you missed it. not enough to get anything tho

The header says you can get 10 by checking in twice, once before and once after the 24th. That'll get you some crystals or gold or whatever.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The only way to get the 30 you'd need for Christmas Gwenpool is to spend 50bux.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Saw a dude online say you could get it for $30. But that is still $30 real money.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Steve Vader posted:

Saw a dude online say you could get it for $30. But that is still $30 real money.

50$ Canadian money not Trumpbux.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l

Steve Vader posted:

I think you can get it for $20 if you can bank on the 10 free tokens - there’s a “Offer for Agents” for $9.99 (US, iOS) that gives 10 tokens with a limit of two purchases.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

As much as I want the costume I refuse to give into straight up paying for it. I bought the Deadpool one and then bought a Stark Stash so I could hopefully still say on pace to get Negasonic before that deal runs out, so I did the math on a bunch of deals to see if there was anything I could justify but like those $10 crystal packages give you like the same basic number of crystals from the Stash for 5 or 6x the cost or something. Couldn't do it even with the "get Negasonic too" justification.

Netmarble, the worst Christimas gift giver.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Who is a better T3 - Captain Marvel or Quicksilver?

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l

Steve Vader posted:

Who is a better T3 - Captain Marvel or Quicksilver?

Depends on your roster and your needs. Both are super good for PvP, Captain Marvel is the best Universal and Quicksilver is the second best next to Holiday Lady Deadpool.

Either can wreck PvE.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i think quicksilver is miles ahead in pve, both with damage proc obelisks. captain marvel is supposed to be really great with a rage tho

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I have no Rage. I have Energy on QS and Destruction on CM.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Steve Vader posted:

I have no Rage. I have Energy on QS and Destruction on CM.

I get a lot more usage from QS at t3 than I do for CM. No rage on either of them (greed on QS, Destruction on CM

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Huh, it turns out that playing this game on a cheap phone and playing it on a decent one are two completely different experiences. Everything moves so fast! I'm not spending minutes on every loading screen! I don't suck at World Events any more! I can actually manage to do stuff in Danger Room! And not only did I log in and not crash from World Boss but I won! Like 5 times!

Its like getting a whole new game for Christmas!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I got Negasonic yesterday, but now i have to go back to doing Danger Rooms to get enough stuff to get her to T2.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

I got Negasonic yesterday, but now i have to go back to doing Danger Rooms to get enough stuff to get her to T2.

Danger Room is so much less painful if you can do it with a couple of buddies and you know who to pick and who to lead. It almost crosses over into being “fun”.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I usually find myself just going for whoever has the missile skill and trying to spam it as quickly as possible.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Dave posted:

I usually find myself just going for whoever has the missile skill and trying to spam it as quickly as possible.

Yea, missiles and enemy boss gain health make it way easier. And then when you are at 70% and your opponents are at 65% one of them rage quits, everyone gets kicked and you can't play again for an hour.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think that's how it works for me? When someone rage quits I think I just keep fighting hopelessly and when I do get the "early departure" punishment I'm pretty sure its only 5 minutes?

I've never really had the kinds of problems with Danger Room that others have connecting. Sometimes but its generally no worse than WBI for me and way better than GBR. My problem was that it was just so hard to make sense of things or maneuver, plus having bad teammates. But now that I have a not crap phone I realize its actually not hard at all to maneuver so even if I'm not doing damage I can go skill hunting now. That used to be so hard on the crap phone.

Seriously, its SHOCKING how much I was handicapping my gameplay until now without realizing it. I knew my phone sucked and wasn't prepared to upgrade it for a video game, but I had no idea HOW MUCH it change the game.

b0ng posted:

Danger Room is so much less painful if you can do it with a couple of buddies and you know who to pick and who to lead. It almost crosses over into being “fun”.

Yeah, the big rub is knowing who that week's important characters and what order to use them in. I love when I stumble into a group where the first guy is telling us who to pick. I'm happy to take the direction.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

STAC Goat posted:

Argh!

Got in, had Galactus down to 6, the game crashes!

I need to buy a new phone to get Surfer.

HE IS MINE AT LAST!

God bless new used phones and boost pts that get me 9 bios with 1 win.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Thread seems a bit dead but massive overall might renew interest. Highlights seem like:

- A complete overhaul of the Story Missions to make it all one big Quest like mission that resets regularly. Seems like a cross between Dimension Missions and Heroic Quests. A few new costumes are the big prizes.
- You can get bios from dimension missions now including ones for pay characters. Each day it’s a different set of five you can get with one pay amongst the five. Very cool.
- A new skill option that seems team orientated. Right now it only exists for the new team of original characters and you get them on each one when you rank up the rest. Seems like the sort of thing that would be added to more team combos like the FF, OG X Men, or stuff like that.
- Cosmic Cube fragments drop rate increases x1.5!

There was a whole lot in there and it seems like it’s gonna be one of those massive updates we need to play to get the full affect of. But it really seems like they’re working to make the game new and refreshed for longtime players.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I'm always up for more cosmic cube fragments.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i wish it was more titan components or, alternately, i wish my gear rank up luck wasnt insanely bad

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Wow they really shoved in a ton of changes.
http://forum.netmarble.com/futurefight_en/view/2196/1569204

Wonder how annoying the grind will be to get those 3099 costumes.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

The Dave posted:

Wow they really shoved in a ton of changes.
http://forum.netmarble.com/futurefight_en/view/2196/1569204

Wonder how annoying the grind will be to get those 3099 costumes.

i heard it takes about 4 hours to complete story mode, so 12 total i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

quote:

3.A New Battle System!

The Story only uses designated characters and adds quests such as infiltrations and various combat patterns as well as general battles making the Story interesting.

Well it's about drat time.