Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
“Yeah, we got a swan-eight-seven out here.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

"Are you sure it's not the rain thing? Thats the worst."

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Green Mask #5 (1941)

Marvel Feature #1 (1971)

Spidey Super Stories #11 (1975)

What If? #12 (1978)

Magneto #18 (2015)

Ms. Marvel #5 (2016)

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #20 (2017)

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Patently obvious, but also, dare you to shout it from a mountaintop in a thunderstorm while wearing wet copper armor

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Darthemed posted:

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #20 (2017)
Let it not be said that Jonah is uninterested in informing the public.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Ghost Spider #5 Earth-616 and Earth-65 Miles Warren meet

I love how being a scientist is the only explanation for being green 616 Warren feels he needs

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen continues to be a delight (#6).

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

If you just add a hyphen you can turn a simple description of those panels into an excellent compound adjective: cat-barfing rage!

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Darthemed posted:

Ms. Marvel #5 (2016)

Everyone's expressions and body language in the second page is a thing of beauty. I love that even while melting, the fake Kamala's still holding up its cup. :swoon:

As for the first page, Ms. Marvel's artist is a genius for including so much fun background details like that person riding a horse on top of the crashed bus on the second panel. It adds so much character to Jersey City and makes it stand out from other locations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen continues to be a delight (#6).

is that the good kitty who got one of those red rings to avenge their owner??

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

site posted:

is that the good kitty who got one of those red rings to avenge their owner??

Yes, Jimmy has had a few run-ins with Dex-Starr, most recently due to a prank that Batman pulled on him.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
dang thats cold af bruce

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

What the heck, Bats?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
He is a multi-billionaire. He can drat well do what he pleases, peasant.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Now I'm curious, who wants to hurt Jimmy and why?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

10 Beers posted:

Batman, for one.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Batman won't share Superman with any other man, damnit!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

10 Beers posted:

It's a mystery! Jimmy thought it was Luthor, but it's not.

Batman's also being particularly dickish because Jimmy's been pranking him and being a general rear end in a top hat in Gotham for a while now. He started by stealing the Batmobile's wheel. He's using the amazing cover of "Timmy Olsen" to hide from his would-be murderer.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Dec 20, 2019

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

TwoPair posted:

He started by stealing the Batmobile's wheel.

rip jimphony. beaten to death by the joker

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018
What the hell did Alfred to be dragged into it that hard? Don't be an rear end to your BatDad, Bruce.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Agaragon posted:

What the hell did Alfred to be dragged into it that hard? Don't be an rear end to your BatDad, Bruce.

That may be revenge for Alfred paying out a bounty if people at WayneCorp laugh at Bruce's jokes.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Bwoocey hungry.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
In Transformers/Ghostbusters, Optimus Prime has to go toe to toe with the Ghost of Megatron:

And in the Transformers Holiday Special, Megatron has to go toe to toe with Christmas decorating cloaking a ship.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Gann Jerrod posted:

In Transformers/Ghostbusters, Optimus Prime has to go toe to toe with the Ghost of Megatron:

And in the Transformers Holiday Special, Megatron has to go toe to toe with Christmas decorating cloaking a ship.

Man those brain shields are really flimsy.
It's a good job they have so many of them.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Senior Woodchuck posted:

The lesser known Superman & Spider-Man. It also contains a sequence I can't find online for the life of me, where Wonder Woman and Spidey, separately investigating Doom's hideout, run into one another, and Doom comes on the PA and says, "Well done, Spider-Man, my ally! Now kill her, and our plans will be complete!" and Wonder Woman completely falls for it.

This was posted a long time ago, but I've got you covered! My parents were both Marvel fans, and had a big pile of individual comic issues and TPBs I was constantly into growing up -- but they also had, tucked away on one of the many shelves of novels (presumably because it was MMPB sized rather than TPB sized), was a copy of Superman and Spider-Man. And when I made the transition to digital, I made sure it didn't get left behind.

Phy posted:

Patently obvious, but also, dare you to shout it from a mountaintop in a thunderstorm while wearing wet copper armor

:hmmyes:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wonder Woman should beat him up anyway for being a creep towards her. :colbert:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The west coast. Of Midgard.

Just love this whole routine with Enchantress.

Thor #375

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Solemnly swear I, thusly: One of these days I'm gonna read that Simonson Thor omnibus

And it's gonna own

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Phy posted:

Solemnly swear I, thusly: One of these days I'm gonna read that Simonson Thor omnibus

And it's gonna own

I went through and read all of Thor a while ago on Marvel Unlimited and I do not regret it for a second. Simonson's run starts off incredibly strong and just does not stop.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The first big run of Simonson's run they have on Marvel Unlimited is the recoloured versions, then it goes back to the original colours for what I'm guessing is a stretch that is either less popular or never collected, them it goes back to recolours for a bit again. And I don't know if Simonson ever comes back on art because where I am now it's been Sal Buscema for several issues at least. Not that I would ever complain about either Buscema pencilling a comic but based on the covers I always thought Simonson's run was him doing the writing and art double duty all the way.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Lobok posted:

The west coast. Of Midgard.

Just love this whole routine with Enchantress.

Thor #375

Asgardians are like Americans.

"Where did you go on your holidays?
Europe."

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Phy posted:

And it's gonna own

One of those boxes of comics I mentioned growing up with? A mostly-complete run of Simonson's Thor, including the complete Surtur storyline. It does, indeed, own bones.

Most of it belongs in the Badass Panels thread and not this one, though.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The Question IRL posted:

Asgardians are like Americans.

"Where did you go on your holidays?
Europe."

Americans don't go on holidays, we work nonstop to afford food take vacations. To Eurpoe.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen was a good recommendation. From #1.

Brute Squad fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Dec 23, 2019

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Why do Perry White and J. Jonah Jameson dress the same? Was there some stereotype about the fashion choices of newspaper editors in the 60's?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Crowetron posted:

Why do Perry White and J. Jonah Jameson dress the same? Was there some stereotype about the fashion choices of newspaper editors in the 60's?

Oh God, just because I've read way more Spider-Man over the years than Superman it took until this post to realize that wasn't JJJ.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Oh God, just because I've read way more Spider-Man over the years than Superman it took until this post to realize that wasn't JJJ.

I figured it out on the third page when I thought, "where's his mustache?"

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

it helps to read jimmy's lines in hank venture's voice.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Brute Squad posted:

it helps to read jimmy's lines in hank venture's voice.

Seems closer to Dean to me, but I'll allow it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Speaking of similarities between comic book characters, it just struck me that Jimmy reminds me a lot of Archie Andrews. I wonder how many alien girls send him love letters.