Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Zedd posted:

It's cool, Goku is at 7 now anyway with Ultra Instinct.

Ultra instinct is not a super saiyan form and is technically attainable by anyone. :colbert:

Vegeta having super saiyan god super saiyan 2 is all him though.

Kurieg posted:

The problem isn't the shield. The problem is that there are set HP% values when it will just stop taking damage entirely and put up shields. It will not go lower than this value until it has hit it, stopped, and put up shields. It's entirely possible for a sufficiently beefy monster hitting a weakness to trigger shields while shields are still up.

Squads of Eternatus will do this constantly because their dynamax cannon is a 100 power move with STAB and double dmg vs dynamax targets. On top of being a legendary with very good s.atk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I've got a box full of 4-5IV Modest HA Snom's if anyone wants them. They're going to be my Christmas dispersal on Wednesday. :v:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Would Eiscue’s be a good Xmas gift? Trying to see what I have available to breed that hasn’t already been mentioned.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Nemo2342 posted:

Would Eiscue’s be a good Xmas gift? Trying to see what I have available to breed that hasn’t already been mentioned.

As a Sword haver, I would appreciate Christmas penguins. I say go for it, particularly if they have egg moves and/or a good Fashion Ball.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I feel like Im missing something when you guys talk about getting pokes in specific balls. When you hatch an egg it just shows up in the same ball as the mother was in right?

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I'm thinking I might send out some Ferroseeds for Christmas, because A) it's one of the few things I have a finished breeding pair set up for already, and B) they kind of look like weird ornaments.

They're gonna be Relaxed with Toxic and Leech Seed, with 4-5 IVs including (hopefully) a 0 in Speed, in Premier Balls. Now to just figure out a fun item to send them with. Probably gonna end up going with Sword fossils.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

AlternateNu posted:

I've got a box full of 4-5IV Modest HA Snom's if anyone wants them. They're going to be my Christmas dispersal on Wednesday. :v:

Hold one for me, please. I won't be home for a while today but I will happily take one.

In return, I have some 4IV Magic Bounce Hatennas if you like, or some 2IV Magic Bounce Hatennas with No Good in Speed for Trick Room shenanigans.

Nemo2342 posted:

Eiscue is a pain in the rear end to get so I think it makes a fine gift for new players!

Free Drinks
Dec 16, 2006

Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.

I was thinking "heh, this is ok. Falinks is pretty cool, but a bit lame it's repeating the joke for an ending."

Then I saw snom.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Nemo2342 posted:

I have shield and I can't bring myself to hunt for eiscue so yeah, I'd say it's a good gift

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Furnaceface posted:

I feel like Im missing something when you guys talk about getting pokes in specific balls. When you hatch an egg it just shows up in the same ball as the mother was in right?

Yep. So you catch a Pokemon in one of the rare balls- the ones you get from Ball Guy: Friend Ball, Dream Ball, etc. and you breed more of them and pass them around.

It has zero practical application other than looking nice. I look fashionable, I figure my Pokemon deserve to look fashionable too!

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

You can pass down the father's pokeball if you breed with a Ditto.

There's also a chance to pass down the father's pokeball in regular breeding but it looks like they have to be the same species.

I was breeding Premier Ball Eevees and I started with a mom in a Premier Ball and a dad in a regular pokeball. The first round of eggs was mixed.

If I have time, I might breed up some HA Corsola in Premier Balls.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Rudoku posted:

That's Stonjourner's time to shine. Wide Guard to stop that poo poo and Power Spot to make up for the loss of one attacker that turn.

I took this advice to heart and set out to find my very own Ston. Went out to Route 10, immediately found one, hit em, Crit, died. No biggie, I’ll just switch to Butterfree I figure. Many more encounters later I find another one and after putting it to sleep go for the Bug Buzz. Stonjourner has...low, special defense.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Silver Falcon posted:

As a Sword haver, I would appreciate Christmas penguins. I say go for it, particularly if they have egg moves and/or a good Fashion Ball.

It came out of mystery trade with a pretty light blue ball. I’ll work on breeding some to distribute over Xmas, so thanks everyone for the feedback!

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Evil Fluffy posted:

Ultra instinct is not a super saiyan form and is technically attainable by anyone. :colbert:

Vegeta having super saiyan god super saiyan 2 is all him though.
You are correct...

Thanks to whatever goon it was that helped my GF touchtrade Swordwolf and get some harder to find mons. :3:

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
They call me GK. Grind King. And I'm here to say...

:siren::siren::siren:MERRY CHRISTMAS:siren::siren::siren:

As a special Christmas treat for all of the wonderful goons in the thread, for the rest of the evening I will be hosting SHINY GMAX PRANKSTER GRIMMSNARL raids on the discord!

Come hang with us on Discord in the #hairdevils channel and get yours!

(Unless I mess up and break the raid somehow oh god I'm pretty nervous)

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I might rev up the pony farm again. Or do applins? But I don't have the items you need to evolve them so it feels cruel to send them out..

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

GenericGirlName posted:

I might rev up the pony farm again. Or do applins? But I don't have the items you need to evolve them so it feels cruel to send them out..

The tree on the island in the wild area(Axew's Eye I think?) sometimes spawns them. It resets daily.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

AlternateNu posted:

I'll take one!
How do we do this I haven't done any trades yet.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Thinking about how cancelled I’m getting on Twitter right now after nearly ruining the raid by using a scarfed Toxtricity and locking myself into Sludge Wave.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
We're still runnin Shiny Gmax Grimmsnarls in the Discord! Get in while the getting is good!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

GenericGirlName posted:

Love ball Ponytas are super cute

I decided to also cook up some Wish/Present/Play Nice Pichus. They’re super adorable camping buddies.

Anybody else have a camping team for when you’re just leaving the game idle while you browse the internet or whatever?

EDIT: What’s the discord channel?

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Dec 23, 2019

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Open Marriage Night posted:

EDIT: What’s the discord channel?

It's in the op

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

CubeTheory posted:

As a special Christmas treat for all of the wonderful goons in the thread, for the rest of the evening I will be hosting SHINY GMAX PRANKSTER GRIMMSNARL raids on the discord!

CubeTheory is a gentleman among goons. I was able to snag a couple extras and spread the joy! +MaxFashion Premier Ball hype. :c00l:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

CubeTheory posted:

hell yeah, this was rad. thanks for doing this

i named him Grimsby

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

:henget:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/maxraidbattles.shtml

Gigantamax catch finally got found out. They literally made them legendary catch rates you only have 1 attempt at catching, what the gently caress Game Freak. Host for online raids has a catch rate of about 20, while everyone gets stuck with the old fashioned catch rate of 3.

quote:

Each Pokémon has got a specific Catch Rate. If you play Solo without going online, for any standard Max Raid Battle or Gigantamax Raid Battle away from the Special Events will have guaranteed capture. However, if you go online or play with other players locally this changes.

When you join other people's raid battles, you will have the standard rate of capture for the Pokémon based on its species, but Gigantamax changes this. If you're hosting the raid, you have a higher chance ofcatching the Gigantamax but if you're joining in, the rates are on par with Legendary Pokémon. All the Balls will have the usual effect. Status conditions are lost as soon as the Pokémon is defeated so it acts like the Pokémon at 1HP for the purposes of capture

Also don't even bother using status effects. They're a complete waste of time and don't make the catch easier.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I've taken to using repeat balls for gigantomax raids (provided I've caught the pokemon at least once before) since the only specialty balls that can get better capture rates have more niche conditions.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
e: I'm dum

QuietLion
Aug 16, 2011

Da realest Kirby
Those odds really suck for those joining Gmax raids, I figured something was a little weird when I managed to catch the two GMax Lapras I’ve seen and hosted - two fellow goons that joined in on the second one failed the catch and I grabbed both of my successes with the same ball they used (Net Ball). Plus several other examples like grimmsnarl and gengar. I was saving my master ball for something fun but I guess I’ll toss it at the next Gmax Machamp I see in stamps. :(

Up to this point I’ve been using dusk balls to try for the best odds because I usually play in the evening and you can change the system’s time to late PM while in the Catch/Don’t Catch text box.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
That's the real odds of catching a Gigantamax Pokémon? Christ, what are they thinking?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mizuti posted:

That's the real odds of catching a Gigantamax Pokémon? Christ, what are they thinking?

It’s like they’re doing everything in their power to make raids absolutely miserable for everyone that joins.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It’s like they’re doing everything in their power to make raids absolutely miserable for everyone that joins.

They really hit the sweet spot where AI makes soloing a nightmare, catch rates make joining a raid a nightmare, link codes instead of GTS make trading a nightmare, and removed breeding for max pokemon as an option entirely.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
It's utterly amazing how they made aspects of the game more convenient, and then made everything about G-maxes utterly awful. Like holy poo poo, way to make the players feel excited for seeing a rare thing, and then terrible for not being able to catch it.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
My thought is eventually all of the gmax mons will be an event at some point or another since those are like 15% or whatever.

I mean I hope so? Because spawning non event gmax raids is bad and catching a gmax mon is awful. Like gmax butterfree and snorlax are loving everywhere and it’s not so bad at 15% if you do it enough

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Mizuti posted:

"the players must keep playing sword and shield until we release the next game, we can't let them get everything till then"

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Everything about Gigantamax is odd. It's extremely hard to earn, it alters a single move and nothing else, and most of the exclusive moves are a sidegrade or straight downgrade from the standard versions. It really does seem like a mechanic designed to waste the players' time.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Mizuti posted:

Everything about Gigantamax is odd. It's extremely hard to earn, it alters a single move and nothing else, and most of the exclusive moves are a sidegrade or straight downgrade from the standard versions. It really does seem like a mechanic designed to waste the players' time.

You've solved the puzzle.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Gmax Pokemon have the same capture rate as legendaries like Mewtwo (3), cannot be hit with status aliments to boost capture rates like said legendaries, and you get only one shot at the capture after a fight that takes longer than dropping a legendary to 1hp and hitting it with a status effect.

For extra insult, both Zacian and Zamazenta have a base capture rate of 10. The box legendaries have more than triple the base capture rate as gmax Pokemon.

Or let us buy Master Balls for a million Pokebucks.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Evil Fluffy posted:

Gmax Pokemon have the same capture rate as legendaries like Mewtwo (3), cannot be hit with status aliments to boost capture rates like said legendaries, and you get only one shot at the capture after a fight that takes longer than dropping a legendary to 1hp and hitting it with a status effect.

For extra insult, both Zacian and Zamazenta have a base capture rate of 10. The box legendaries have more than triple the base capture rate as gmax Pokemon.

Or let us buy Master Balls for a million Pokebucks.

Or just let them be guaranteed captures and stop disrespecting the player's time. The gimmick is gonna be abandoned by next gen anyway so they might as well make it enjoyable while it lasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

AlternateNu posted:

I would gladly trade one of my better HA Jolly Darumakas for one of those tomorrow