Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Nosfereefer posted:

this thread does not deserve the sweet release of falling off the first page. by the dark gods i demand your continued service

The dead walk. Hide while you still can!

bump

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreshCutFries

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

thank you for your sacrifice

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Nosfereefer posted:

thank you for your sacrifice

Heather Papps

hello friend

pm me if i messed up the upload somehow, i was not in the most lucid headspace that day

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Heather Papps posted:

pm me if i messed up the upload somehow, i was not in the most lucid headspace that day

thank you for your service

:911:

FreshCutFries

please someone help me out with how livestock works. i need to fix this starving animal problem.

corgski

Silly goose, you're here forever.

in the zones menu designate a large zone on a bunch of grass outside and then set it as a pen/pasture

then in the pasture settings menu assign all grazing creatures to that pasture and dorfs will maybe move them out of the meeting hall when they feel like it???

and then they will eat and not starve

thank 2 blaise rascal for a cozy sig

corgski

also rabbits are grazing creatures i made that mistake last fort poor thumper

FreshCutFries

we have so many rabbits lmao. thank you

FreshCutFries

ok good. a pasture is set up, so the dying animal messages i was getting must have just been built up from before there was one.

FreshCutFries

i love that there's a dead cow just sitting in our great hall, though.

Heather Papps

hello friend

FreshCutFries posted:

i love that there's a dead cow just sitting in our great hall, though.

DANG IT. i set up a huge pasture but i think more animals happened, or something. this game is intricate! i thought i only lost one yak but i was ignoring a lot of "brewer can't brew no rotten fruit" messages

Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

also once you breach the caverns moss and stuff will start growing on any soil/clay/sand layers of the fort and then you can set up pastures inside to protect all your animal pals

corgski

yeah every migrant wave brings more grazing animals who want to be friends with everyone and not stand where they can eat so you have to keep checking that menu to make sure lil sebastian doesnt become talk of the town for all the wrong reasons

Hihohe

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Turn rabbits into meat and leather

FreshCutFries

let's take some stock:

weird, we'll deal with that in a bit. maybe we don't have any booze.

hmm

whu---

what is happening here

Heather Papps posted:

i am noticing now some weird double door bed thing going on don't drink and dwarf

lmao. i missed that.

no!!! i thought i picked a site with no mussels. i do not want a return of the titanic landfill of mussel shells and vomit.

?

it looks like people were building a second workshop area, but i might consolidate these back into the original area. i have trouble enough keeping track of the fortress when it's semi-organized.

and speaking of the original workshop area, there's a dwarf in a strange mood:

oh dear. wait was that the dehydrated dwarf? what the hell are they doing.

up...a tree

attending a meeting

... let's just get them down.

this meeting must be pretty important to them, so i think the only way that's happening is by getting rid of the tree, so Who What Now heads out to chop it down.

i'm just curious and have no particular reason for asking this: have we set up a hospital?

FreshCutFries

Hihohe posted:

Turn rabbits into meat and leather

rabbits are for cuddling with

corgski

only if you go into the stocks menu and designate them all as available.

corgski

also please go into the stocks menu and designate them all as available. everyone needs a pet bunny

FreshCutFries

corgski posted:

also please go into the stocks menu and designate them all as available. everyone needs a pet bunny

that was actually the first thing i did

corgski

FreshCutFries posted:

that was actually the first thing i did

bless

Angry Diplomat

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
can't you make shell crafts at the workshop? commission a jillion tiny mussel shell figurines and foist em off on the caravans

Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

Angry Diplomat posted:

can't you make shell crafts at the workshop? commission a jillion tiny mussel shell figurines and foist em off on the caravans

yeah you can make helmets, greaves and gauntlets too. they aren't very good, but they can let your soldiers work on their armor skill when you don't have any metal. bad against goblins but okay against elves

or you can do like a caveman gimmick and have all your armor made out of shells and bones and leather

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
thing is that we already have decent armor, and the craftdwarves have been pumping out trade goods the last couple of years. maybe we can just dump them back into the river?

Angry Diplomat

that still drags your fps down!! if you make them into trade goods you can donate them to the next caravan to remove them from your map. trader wagons are like the garbage trucks of dwarf fortress

Nosfereefer

magma is what we need

let's pump a bunch up from the earth's core and make a garbage disposal

Angry Diplomat

"lets do large-scale fluid physics to reduce clutter and maintain good fps" is a terrible idea and I fully endorse it

Nosfereefer

there's a good chance things will go horribly wrong right

Stoner Sloth

bump!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Heather Papps

hello friend

i found sand and wanted to make a cabana bar, with a pool and stuff, but i ran out of time and also, by the end i was sick and right before that, kinda drinkin' playing df.

google THIS

(giving a tour) And this is the sand room. Just a room full of loving sand. Please hold all questions until the end. Now if you will climb over the bed and through this door you will see...

FreshCutFries

google THIS posted:

(giving a tour) And this is the sand room. Just a room full of loving sand. Please hold all questions until the end. Now if you will climb over the bed and through this door you will see...

lol

Heather Papps posted:

i found sand and wanted to make a cabana bar, with a pool and stuff, but i ran out of time and also, by the end i was sick and right before that, kinda drinkin' playing df.

ahh, i was thinking it might have been sand ops

FreshCutFries

also i accidentally did nothing but play death stranding yesterday, sorry

Stoner Sloth

let's keep this ol fortress on the front page of BYOB!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

FreshCutFries

Stoner Sloth posted:

let's keep this ol fortress on the front page of BYOB!

the weekend approaches...

corgski

FreshCutFries posted:

the weekend approaches...

and so too does it pass...

nut

took me forever to catch up but captain of the guard posting to admire my statue

Nosfereefer

freshcutfries better cancel christmas to make an update imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe

Fuck you and the sun you live under

If he doesn't I'm willing to take over. Be warned, I'm a cruel and vain overseer.