Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

Is there a vod/stream timestamp anywhere? I just woke up from a turkey coma

Nvm there's a video on the official twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/514721194

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cow
May 6, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
this was some good poo poo

Did anyone think light would win? I'm so happy though, first and probably last time I'll cheer for a terran

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
Great, great finals

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

pretty happy to have been wrong about basically everything this ksl. good for light, nice to see a guy who's been at it so long pick up his first major win. hopefully snow can pick one up next

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

I had a big smile in game 5 when Tastosis started comparing Lights macro to being equivalent to Flash’s level. That is some pretty high praise.

Entorwellian fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Dec 1, 2019

Khorne
May 1, 2002
My favorite finals game is when one of the observers desync and you can see them switch to the other observer briefly but then switch back to the desyncd one and it takes them a while to resolve it completely.

anchorpunch
Mar 30, 2006
that was an amazing tournament, broodwar ist somehow still getting better and better after 20+years.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Kind of on topic but I figured this was a good place to ask. Does anyone recognise this StarCraft mini?

I found this article that says there was a StarCraft WotC line shown at GenCon in the early 2000s, but I can't find any additional info about it or the game. I guess I can try contacting WotC or Blizz, but thought I'd try here first.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

looks like it could be Zeratul, or just a generic Dark Templar

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

I think it's a zealot or the hero guy who is a zealot

Those aren't DT weapons

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
It can’t be a light side Protoss because the psi dreadlocks are cut off

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
And that's exactly a dark templar weapon.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
whens the next Tastosis casted series of video games?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

JollyPubJerk posted:

whens the next Tastosis casted series of video games?

yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3kkZGetC1A

anchorpunch
Mar 30, 2006
Watched the first pvz today, great game! How do you guys find out about tastosis casting schedule? Team liquid?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

anchorpunch posted:

Watched the first pvz today, great game! How do you guys find out about tastosis casting schedule? Team liquid?

yes

speaking of which, in about an hour a wildcard qualifier match will be held to determine who gets in for rain's spot in the next asl, as the top 4 from last asl are guaranteed spots but rain forfeited his spot (can't find out why exactly). not sure if it will be broadcast in english or not.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

video is unlisted and their youtube channel doesn't have anything. Any good place that consolidates the english casts?

Loiku
Jul 10, 2007
I'm not good at finding random games but ASL season 9 will start 2-16 according to liquipedia and it looks like Flash will be making a tournament return or at least he's seeded. Those games generally get posted to the AfreecaTV eSports channel on youtube. I can't seem to find if/when KSL season 5 will be.

https://liquipedia.net/starcraft/2020_Afreeca_Starleague_Season_9

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Rapid said in this weekend’s BSL casts that ASL S9 qualifiers should start in a couple of days. I’m hyped just looking at that map pool...Hitchhiker :eyepop:

Also anyone dying to watch more Brood War could do worse than follow BSL. All foreign players and online tournament so there’s obviously a lower skill bracket and a lot of latency induced fuckups (shoutout to the guy who managed to irradiate his own mineral line), but it’s fun high level BW in English. No Tastosis tho.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

They actually did the wildcards like a week ago or something, but they're only Afreeca and only in Korean as far as I know. I watched them this weekend but I don't have the link here

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

ASL starting up again in 1.5 days

I hope everyone is excited for whatever this is

I'm excited, even though I think it's protoss favored probably

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Elyv posted:

ASL starting up again in 1.5 days

I hope everyone is excited for whatever this is

I'm excited, even though I think it's protoss favored probably

Been ages since I played BW, why'd it be protoss favored?

Also what is the white poo poo between bases?

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Cuntellectual posted:

Corsair disruption webs.

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!
Haha, wow. If those are disruption webs, this map is going to interesting to watch. I mean, also presumably hell for Terran, but interesting.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i thought flash was gone for military service but he's in asl :confused:

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Cuntellectual posted:

it's dwebs like was said, yeah

mostly I'm thinking about PvZ; land battles seem like they'll be fought in pretty narrow areas frequently which makes it hard to flank, and protoss air is generally favored against zerg air in the midgame

also storm(and I imagine mines) work under dweb

E: I should add that I was never any good at starcraft, haven't played in many years, and am totally out of touch with the community so I may well be wrong

Elyv fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Feb 16, 2020

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

First round is done:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta-zZKfeZUA

Inner Coven is a weird map. One thing the Liquipedia preview doesn't point out is that the expansion spots have a sunken turret (from the indoor maps) in the Nexus spot, which you need detection to clear. Zerg can send over their starting overlord, Terran can build off-center and move it later, but Protoss basically have to settle for a permanently off-center Nexus (or have 0 expansions until observers are out).

Also, we might actually see Devourers used in PvZ on this map?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

stork made a scout in his game 1, inner coven confirmed for greatest map

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUHdRcnpxmc
Man, Devourers cripple Corsairs. Also some neat usage of Ensnare and Disruption web in Game 1.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

stork made a scout in his game 1, inner coven confirmed for greatest map
The sheer disbelief from Artosis/Tasteless when they see that is amazing.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Nostalgamus posted:

Man, Devourers cripple Corsairs. Also some neat usage of Ensnare and Disruption web in Game 1.

Yes, this is one of the reasons you don't generally see mass corsairs in the lategame anymore.

I think the scout was supposed to keep harassing the push after JyJ figured out what was going on and just started pumping vulture/tank, except instead he never did that so it did a whole lot of nothing

A much, much better set of games than Sunday's mediocrity.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Elyv posted:

It's always kinda interesting seeing someone like Stork play. You can tell he's a total monster at the game, but he was right in his exit interview that he screwed up macroing really bad at one point and his timings were slightly off.

It didn't mater at all though because he completely out classed his first opponent and just straight called out Larva's greedy play and broke him through brute force in a way most pro protoss would not even try. 5 sunkens and some lurkers? I'm going to walk right in with no loving observer, stand there hitting the sunkens while getting a lurker beatdown, get stopped, and I'll just keep the gateway train rolling behind a casual third and attack a few minutes later even though my opponent could have fully recovered. There are some pro players who just "get" the game and Stork is one of them.

A bit disappointed Larva lost that. Larva's mechanics and play seem so solid this ASL compared to the previous. That game was not out of reach, but Stork just kept saying "prove to me what you're doing is actually legit" and Larva couldn't because Stork sat on gateway units and didn't give him any breathing room.

Maybe I'm writing Starcraft Fiction because I'm garbage at the brood war.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 19, 2020

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India

Elyv posted:

I think the scout was supposed to keep harassing the push after JyJ figured out what was going on and just started pumping vulture/tank, except instead he never did that so it did a whole lot of nothing

Hey now, that scout killed an SCV that was building a CC

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6adNJKsmqQ
An interesting discovery in game 1: Psionic Storm can destroy the eggs on Inner Coven, and can be cast from inside the disruption web.
Also the first look at TvT on Inner Coven in game 2.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i was not able to watch the last set of matches live due to internet issues, so lemme say this now:

more like fireBADhero

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
it was pretty drat funny when they brought up firebathero's wife being a huge bisu fan

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF6GczAXpJI
Lots of good TvT, with quite a few surprises.

a cow
May 6, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
I really thought it was going to be sparkle v2, but the weird map makes for some fun games so far.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I was very skeptical about Inner Coven but so far all the games on it except group a have been good to great

This last group was just good in general too, I thought games 1, 2, and 5 were all great

I wish it had been forgg and light that advanced, Light because he was the best player in the group, forgg because he really put in the prep. I definitely didn't have 14 CC middle vs floated barracks bunker rush vulture drop on my bingo card

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Elyv posted:

I was very skeptical about Inner Coven but so far all the games on it except group a have been good to great

This last group was just good in general too, I thought games 1, 2, and 5 were all great

I wish it had been forgg and light that advanced, Light because he was the best player in the group, forgg because he really put in the prep. I definitely didn't have 14 CC middle vs floated barracks bunker rush vulture drop on my bingo card
The interesting part is 14cc mid actually worked well and wasn't why he lost.

I'm also glad the two who advanced, advanced. That protoss player is extremely good. Not Bisu level in terms of micro, his micro seemed more pragmatic, but the other parts of his play were at a higher level than many other people we've seen so far. I wanna see some Z :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9fuCqsiGTU
First ZvZ on Inner Coven. Most Mutalisks win.