Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

These guys better watch the gently caress out

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b9HCDezfxoM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

No because the Honda stuff works well and makes sense

Hydrostatic drive using the engine oil and a standard oil pump driven by the usual tiny chain on a farm quad neither works well nor makes sense.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

That's a masterpiece

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Is that yours?! That really is amazing.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Not mine, and unfortunately I don't have any other info on it other than SoCal Supermoto posted it as their random internet bike of the day

mewse
May 2, 2006

I am tempted to vinyl wrap my bike in that ahegao print but thankfully I can't find the wrap anywhere

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

mewse posted:

I am tempted to vinyl wrap my bike in that ahegao print but thankfully I can't find the wrap anywhere

a print like that won't be sold on a roll, you have it printed and applied

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

I just really want to know why you would do that?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Patrocclesiastes posted:

If looking at the pictures doesn't give you the answer...

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Patrocclesiastes posted:

:goofy:

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

I mean the ahegao print, that bike posted earlier looks amazing

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Patrocclesiastes posted:

Why would you not?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

maid cafe racer

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Martytoof posted:

maid cafe racer

This is good.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Martytoof posted:

maid cafe racer

:hmmyes:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I would like to take a moment for us all to LOCAO (laugh our collective asses off) at something.

There is a children’s museum in Milwaukee, which like all things in Milwaukee is required to have a Harley section. Since it’s a children’s museum though, each piece needs to be educational.

For instance there is a portion sponsored by a bank that has those pneumatic tubes that they send the containers through in the bank drive through. Teaches kids about pressure and pneumatics and is fun to play with and watch.

The Harley section? Well, it has a bike that the kids can sit on with a screen in front of it to pretend like you’re riding

That part is I guess educational, but what else can you do? Well, you can upgrade cosmetic parts on the bike like stickers, exhaust tips and air cleaner covers. You can see the spaces for them in the picture, however they’ve all fallen off and gotten lost I guess?

Also note that the whole thing is laid out like a dealership

The biggest piece of the display and I’d argue the thing that would attract kids the most? A giant touchscreen point of sale system where you......buy Harley merch.........because what else is there to do in life really?

It comes complete with a fake credit card and properly prepares kids for the fact that HD actually stands for “hundred dollars”

So what does the Harley section ultimately teach? The bike never actually moves, riding is fake, parts constantly fall off and the real fun is had in the dealership buying merch

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Education system miles from reality again if it’s teaching children those are motorcycle accessory prices.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I would like to take a moment for us all to LOCAO (laugh our collective asses off) at something.

There is a children’s museum in Milwaukee, which like all things in Milwaukee is required to have a Harley section. Since it’s a children’s museum though, each piece needs to be educational.

For instance there is a portion sponsored by a bank that has those pneumatic tubes that they send the containers through in the bank drive through. Teaches kids about pressure and pneumatics and is fun to play with and watch.

The Harley section? Well, it has a bike that the kids can sit on with a screen in front of it to pretend like you’re riding

That part is I guess educational, but what else can you do? Well, you can upgrade cosmetic parts on the bike like stickers, exhaust tips and air cleaner covers. You can see the spaces for them in the picture, however they’ve all fallen off and gotten lost I guess?

Also note that the whole thing is laid out like a dealership

The biggest piece of the display and I’d argue the thing that would attract kids the most? A giant touchscreen point of sale system where you......buy Harley merch.........because what else is there to do in life really?

It comes complete with a fake credit card and properly prepares kids for the fact that HD actually stands for “hundred dollars”

So what does the Harley section ultimately teach? The bike never actually moves, riding is fake, parts constantly fall off and the real fun is had in the dealership buying merch

This isn't funny it's massively depressing.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It’s a little funny because it’s a little corner of an otherwise very educational museum.

After getting bored with the HD section my kids programmed a gantry crane with a switchboard, which will be much more memorable

Harley gonna Harley

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Seems like it’s pretty accurate in educating kids in how much of a corporate experience owning an HD is.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

They could have at least put the bike on one of those lovely old arcade racing games so it would lean.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Deeters posted:

They could have at least put the bike on one of those lovely old arcade racing games so it would lean.

Leaning wouldn’t be an authentic HD experience now would it?

mewse
May 2, 2006

ought ten posted:

Only if they had the shower of sparks from scraping your pipes

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Please insert all remaining tokens to repair damage.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Deeters posted:

I was playing a game like this at the Pontins in Southport (picture a Chuck E. Cheese concentration camp where you can spend the night) but it pissed me off to no end because all the controls were wrong. Throttle? Squeeze the front brake. Forget what everything else was but everything was completely mixed up, so of course right after I told my friends let me show you how it's done, I proceeded to suck rear end at the game and give up on it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Remember that movie Wild Hogs? They spent the entire film twisting the throttles forward to rev the bikes and it infuriated me to no end.

I mean outside of that, Wild Hogs was still a terrible movie with no redeeming characteristics, but still.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Remember that movie Wild Hogs? They spent the entire film twisting the throttles forward to rev the bikes and it infuriated me to no end.

I mean outside of that, Wild Hogs was still a terrible movie with no redeeming characteristics, but still.

Nice harley rider documentary you just introduced me to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSvwmgWCJ2s&t=76s

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

This is extremely triggering.

Also you’re welcome

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Thinking back on it, it’s basically “boomer energy: the movie”, but we didn’t have the linguistic framework to describe it that way back in the day, so it just seemed strange, out of touch, and geared towards my parents more than me

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Dec 22, 2019

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I will never see that movie because the amount of substances I'd need to make it through would just kill me

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

ought ten posted:

Depends where

Leaning into the turn? Lol

Leaning on the accessories counter as the guy brings you the perfect concho-studded fringed saddlebags to encapsulate your freewheeling rebellious take-no-prisoners attitude while complementing your just-installed Screamin' Eagle™ Stage Two High Performance Shotgun Freedom Exhaust? Now that's an HD Experience™ money can't buy

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Man you guys really hate bikes you've never ridden.

Or alternatively you hate poo poo you don't understand?

timn
Mar 16, 2010

Slavvy posted:

Man you goons really hate [noun] you've never [verb].

DearSirXNORMadam
Aug 1, 2009
US goons probably have a reflexive reaction the HD based more on the fan base than the actual bikes. I dunno about the demographics abroad but domestically Harley customers skew towards ancient boomers who are vocal about their dumb opinions about non-hd motorcycles, minorities, the impeachment, etc. This is reflected in HD's very conservative design ethos and jingoistic marketing strategies.

Commentary on 1.8 liter engines making 60 hp aside, if someone has a really visceral reaction to Harleys, it's probably more about that.

(Not to put words in anyone's mouth, that is just my impression)

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Slavvy posted:

Man you guys really hate bikes you've never ridden.

:actually:

Slavvy posted:

This isn't funny it's massively depressing.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Mirconium posted:

US goons probably have a reflexive reaction the HD based more on the fan base than the actual bikes. I dunno about the demographics abroad but domestically Harley customers skew towards ancient boomers who are vocal about their dumb opinions about non-hd motorcycles, minorities, the impeachment, etc. This is reflected in HD's very conservative design ethos and jingoistic marketing strategies.

Commentary on 1.8 liter engines making 60 hp aside, if someone has a really visceral reaction to Harleys, it's probably more about that.

(Not to put words in anyone's mouth, that is just my impression)

It's no different here besides an extra dollop of SOA wannabe bullshit.

Doesn't make them crap bikes though.

I can't help being right :shrug:

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
How about, I get the bikes and have ridden a number of them and assisted wrenching on a few., they just aren't for me. I won't deride you for riding a Harley if it's your choice and you like it. When I lived in Iowa the guys I rode with were either adventure riders in DR650s or Highway riders on a Harley of some sort. Both were entertaining experiences as I rode a Bandit 1250 whichever group would have me along. The DR guys usually rode the dirt back roads and I either followed them at a leisurely pace, or met them up where a really nice curvy road intersected with their dirt one. A few of the Harley guys could really ride and would go with me along the sweeping corners found in the hinterlands of Wisconsin along the Mississippi river valley. Strangely enough the DR guys would usually just day trip out and back, teh Harley guys would usually pick a state forest to camp in overnight.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
50% of why I was put off of the Grom was the riders. It's ok to get biased against a motorcycle when most of it's riders are degenerate sacks of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Coydog posted:

50% of why I was put off of the Grom was the riders. It's ok to get biased against a motorcycle when most of it's riders are degenerate sacks of poo poo.

If that were the case you may as well abandon bikes entirely dude, everyone on this forum is like the 0.5% cream at the top of a very, very big bucket of scum.