Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That particular tropical fruit is very tasty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

freemandela posted:

That was actually fanfiction written by a third party about him and gross poster Tambourine Man, which makes it worse, imo. Don't look it up, and definitely dont read it. If you do, you will regret it, I promise.

Oh goodness, I'm sorry, I thought he had written it himself! And yeah, that's why I spoiled the grisliest details. I didn't think it would be fair to suddenly blast people with that kind of... I don't know what word to use for it.

luxury handset posted:

goldbelly seems to be a site where they take packaged food products and pretend they're artisinal so they can charge at least double what the thing would cost if your local supermarket stocked it. entirely mockworthy

$8 pie

https://www.kroger.com/p/kenny-s-all-natural-key-lime-pie/0071127610237

$79 pie

https://www.goldbelly.com/kermits-key-west-key-lime-shoppe/key-lime-pie

this is very funny

luxury handset posted:

$8/slice pizza makes more sense to me than an exotic superfruit

https://www.goldbelly.com/bonci-pizza/signature-sampler

I feel bad for not being sure, but is this a scam? No, say, 9" key lime pie in the world would be worth that by itself.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
You can't tell if it's a scam? Why don't you buy the pie and find out, stupid.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

luxury handset posted:

$8/slice pizza makes more sense to me than an exotic superfruit

https://www.goldbelly.com/bonci-pizza/signature-sampler

quote:

Serving pizza “al taglio,” or cut pizza, the focus is on the toppings and the airy focaccia-like crust.

I don't know about you but I am definitely willing to pay $100+ for the genius who finally solved the problem of having to tear a whole pizza into manageable portions with your bare hands. And focusing on both the crust and the things that go on top of the crust? Brilliant!

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

this is all i could see with the 100$ apple pie

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ASenileAnimal posted:

this is all i could see with the 100$ apple pie

Yuuuup. Yuuuuuuuuuuuup. Yupyupyupyup.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Straight White Shark posted:

I don't know about you but I am definitely willing to pay $100+ for the genius who finally solved the problem of having to tear a whole pizza into manageable portions with your bare hands. And focusing on both the crust and the things that go on top of the crust? Brilliant!

How dare you insult the traditional Roman pizza artisans of old

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Dammerung posted:

I feel bad for not being sure, but is this a scam? No, say, 9" key lime pie in the world would be worth that by itself.

it depends on what you mean by "scam" but in my opinion, touting the hell out of the superiority of your product so that you can charge a phenomenal markup isn't really a scam. the goods you receive are as advertised. it's the same reason why real luxury purses are like $800 and the knockoff is like $20 and you need to be an expert to tell the difference sometimes - not that the knockoff is a strictly inferior product, but that the legit product has a massive price because exclusivity and an unreachable price point is the purpose of consuming the good. it's the frozen food version of a VIP room

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
One time a dude paid me fifteen canadian for a can of cassoulet I brought back from Toulouse. People pay for novelty.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

luxury handset posted:

it depends on what you mean by "scam" but in my opinion, touting the hell out of the superiority of your product so that you can charge a phenomenal markup isn't really a scam. the goods you receive are as advertised. it's the same reason why real luxury purses are like $800 and the knockoff is like $20 and you need to be an expert to tell the difference sometimes - not that the knockoff is a strictly inferior product, but that the legit product has a massive price because exclusivity and an unreachable price point is the purpose of consuming the good. it's the frozen food version of a VIP room

Except when you go to a supermarket and buy that $60 Junior's cheesecake for $9, you're not getting a knockoff cheesecake, and you don't need to be an expert to tell it's the same cheesecake.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Omg who cares!!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Pick posted:

Omg who cares!!

Goons. Goons. Goons always care.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Pick posted:

Omg who cares!!

goons care

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Except when you go to a supermarket and buy that $60 Junior's cheesecake for $9, you're not getting a knockoff cheesecake, and you don't need to be an expert to tell it's the same cheesecake.

it's just an analogy, man

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

luxury handset posted:

it's just an analogy, man

I mean I'm not trying to be a dick but "$100 handbag vs $10 knockoff" isn't a great analogy for what's happening here.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Pick posted:

Omg who cares!!

Non crazy people who can think of a lot better things to do with 100 dollars than buy a pie?

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

purple death ray posted:

Non crazy people who can think of a lot better things to do with 100 dollars than buy a pie?

I'd at least want a few pies, or one very large pie, for that kind of money.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Or if it had weed in it, okay sure

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Feel like we're gradually circling in on the next ad hoc forums saga here

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Captain Hygiene posted:

How dare you insult the traditional Roman pizza artisans of old

Neapolitans I know would cut you for saying this.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Neapolitans I know would cut you for saying this.

Straight from the full ad copy in that link :ssh:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Pizza was invented in NYC and all dough must include New York tap water to be authentic

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I don't really understand how we got on the topic of gold belly dot com. Is lowtax touting it somewhere?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Achmed Jones posted:

I don't really understand how we got on the topic of gold belly dot com. Is lowtax touting it somewhere?

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Lowtax is a high class guy, of course he'll have expensive tastes

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
fwiw it's fine to spend $50 on a pie if you want to, it's your money. i wouldn't spend that much money on a pie though

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Achmed Jones posted:

On his Facebook, and disgruntled exiled FYADers are latching onto it

edit: dammit, luxury handset

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

purple death ray posted:

Or if it had weed in it, okay sure

That's not what they mean by pot pie

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I wish the dude would get a few bucks in his pocket instead of just a coupon for his next order, but the taxman has never been the savviest businessman as we just went over

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Turn the forums into a monthly subscription

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

There is the patreon.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

JacquelineDempsey posted:

On his Facebook, and disgruntled exiled FYADers are latching onto it

edit: dammit, luxury handset

You can just remind FYAD that they lost half their posters for having unfunny meltdowns about trans people every time they get mad, it's funny and cool.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

yeah, those posters are definitely losing their minds attacking lowtax over this, and it's not a dumb joke at all that even lowtax has been rolling with because it IS dumb

You all have really weird imaginations as to just how furious and invested people on this forum are

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I mean, this is a “post about posting” thread, we’re pretty invested round these parts

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

purple death ray posted:

Chocolate in chili is legit

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Chili in chocolate is even more legit

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Mole 4 life

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Hello I'm a forums scholar and my passion is determining the appropriate ingredients and price point for fart food

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Pick posted:

Hello I'm a forums scholar and my passion is determining the appropriate ingredients and price point for fart food

This but unironically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I would never pay more than one video game's worth for a single food item.