Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Hey, congrats on your Ironman win! Too bad about the half of your party that croaked, but I bet you have the dosh to revive them now that Sarevok is dead and nothing bad will ever happen again.

Shockingly, I'm not quitting while I'm ahead, and Flint Stonington, the Dwarven Defender woke up in a weird torture dungeon that's the start of a completely blind run of Baldur's Gate 2. Miraculously, Minsc is alive after he bought it at level one when I was still humoring the idea of an iron party run. Death has been kind to him, as he's now leveled up to be Flint Stonington's equal. ...In levels, anyway. I'm sure Flint could take him in a fight. After wandering around for a while, releasing some djinn (with a sweet sword that Flint can't use. Suddenly not too sure about winning that fight with Minsc.), helping dryads, scamming golems, chatting with tubed monstrosities that make a mockery of the natural order, and taking a break in the middle of his daring escape to take a nap, Flint Stonington has assembled all the keys to cross the murder hallway and... promptly gets magic missile'd in the face.

I mean he's got over 100 hit points, so he's fine, but is it bugged? I'm really sure I have the key, and I don't appear to need to do anything for the other keys to work. So, am I missing something?

Anyway, Flint scores some promising blue loot after exploring the murder hallway and hands it over to Imoen to get it identified when we bust out of here.

...And then the magic cops arrest Imoen, taking my only mage right before I can identify my loot. I did have a momentary bit of panic where I thought all the items would be with her, but thankfully the magic cops are nice enough to let us keep her personal effects.

But, honestly, that dungeon was easily the best in the series so far. Lots going on, and I'm really excited to see how things go from here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

If you beat BG2 blind you deserve a special honor. The pedestals in the dungeon had 6 keys 1 for each pillar and clicking once disarms that one and gives you a wand of that type. You might have been missing a key or not had the key on that character? I don't think other keys in the game function like that where the character clicking needs to have the key.

Wish you the best of luck and am really excited to hear more of your time.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing
I think I understand, the trap is across the floor but to disarm you have to "use" the pillars on the NW side of the room, row of pillars there go over and click on the bases.

Awesome that you're going on with BG2, it's an amazing game.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Idahoant posted:

I think I understand, the trap is across the floor but to disarm you have to "use" the pillars on the NW side of the room, row of pillars there go over and click on the bases.

Awesome that you're going on with BG2, it's an amazing game.

Ha ha, that's crazy, I didn't do anything like that. I just hugged the wall after the magic missile trap and figured I just needed them in my inventory.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
So you guys just skip SoD? I'm honestly not sure if there is anything noteworthy in there but the finale at least gets pretty brutal.

Speaking of - my most successful Ironman character, Beelzebubbles the shaman, died in but I'm still playing her through SoD; can I apply her imported version for a BG2 Ironman?
(see, that game I actually know stuff about)

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
Betty the Half Orc Berserker is battling through Durgans Tower. I snuck into BG to grab Quayle and Alora and didn’t run into any guards along the way. So it was easy enough to get my new members kitted out with magic items and a few more wands of fire. I’ve cleared all the above ground areas of the tower and I’m now working my way through the first underground floor. Betty is a beast at this point and usually only gets hit on a nat 19 or 20. Alora, Quayle and Neera hang back and pelt enemies with missiles as Betty just chunks the hell out of them.

I think once I finish the tower, I’m going up bum rush the finale because I’m very excited to get into BG2 with Betty. Once I buy enough potions to make my party fairly invincible against anything, or as close as I can make it.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

anilEhilated posted:

So you guys just skip SoD? I'm honestly not sure if there is anything noteworthy in there but the finale at least gets pretty brutal.

Speaking of - my most successful Ironman character, Beelzebubbles the shaman, died in but I'm still playing her through SoD; can I apply her imported version for a BG2 Ironman?

The rules are kinda there on an honor system and no one is here to tell you how to play. Although Ironman / Irongod do state to require Ironling. Other honors are open ended up to you how you want to apply it. Go with your gut.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

anilEhilated posted:

I'm not skipping it! I've never played it and I'm looking forward to seeing what it offers.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

So I skipped it because, when the BG1 cinematic ended and SoD started, half my party was naked at the start of SoD since they died and dropped all their gear. Maybe it would have been fine, but it seemed like a sign

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Also, Flint Stonington, the Dwarven Defender has blindly stumbled through a gnome's magical realm and is almost certainly getting conned by a dual-class thief/pigeon.

As a side note, I'm a bit nervous to use my new winged elf's mage spells. I identified some items and I didn't get carted off, but...

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

hoo boy, you're in for a treat with BG2. Most likely you'll just die to an insta-kill trap or something obscene, but maybe collectively we can get you through it.

The Cowled Wizards will only get pissed off at you if:
1.) You cast OFFENSIVE mage spells, AND
2.) You do so OUTDOORS (they can't see inside houses), AND
3.) You're in Athkatla (they won't enforce it in other cities, dungeons, etc.), AND
4.) You haven't bribed them in the Government District (which lets you cast whatever, whenever, so long as you're not harming innocents)

You extremely do not want to piss off the Cowled Wizards. They're very powerful, and if you've not played BG2 before you're in for a world of "jesus christ, mages have become impossible to hit!"

If you played a bunch of 2e higher-level d&d you might know what's up. But otherwise pay VERY close attention to the combat log so you know what you're dealing with.

Some broad tips:

Invisibility/Shadow Door/Improved Invisibility/Mislead: all of these get wrecked by True Sight. They also get wrecked by a thief with Detect Illusions (100 points = 100% chance to dispel each turn) which is quietly one of the best abilities in the game.
Stoneskin: Can be brought down by Breach (l5 mage). Or by just beating through the stoneskin with a lot of melee. Weapons that add elemental damage will still do the elemental damage even as the physical component gets ignored.
Protection form Magical Weapons: Can be brought down by Breach (l5 mage). Or by, y'know...just switch to a normal weapon. Danger here is that while you can't have protection from normal AND protection from magical cast at once, some enemies innately are immune to normal weapons so they're effectively phys immune. Gotta have breach.
Globe of Invulnerability/etc: Can be brought down by Secret Word (l4 mage), pierce magic (l6 mage), khelben's warding whip (l7 mage), pierce shield (l8 mage), ruby ray of reversal (l8 mage). Each of those does something slightly different (lasts longer, rips off multiple protections instead of just one layer, does some magic resistance debuffing, etc. But that's generally what you want.

Dispel Magic and Remove Magic will take down ALL of those (dispel will hit your own dudes; be careful) but very rarely will work because of level differences. The exception is Keldorn, the NPC Inquisitor, who casts dispel instantly at 2x his level.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Liches and rakshasas are immune to spell levels 1 through 5 so you can't breach or dispel their protections. An inquisitor's dispel will still work because it has no level.

Demi-liches are immune to spell levels 1-9. Don't use magic.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

More important to add: Demi-liches cast Imprison (a special ranged version) at will which will permanently trap the target under the earth forever with no save until the 9th level spell Freedom is cast in that area. The person that has it cast on them is removed from your party forever unless you can cast Freedom. Few things protect against this effect. Berserker enrage, protection from magic scrolls, spell immunity abjuration, Slayer form is it. If this spell effects your main character it is an instant game over. Also demi-liches can only be struck with +4 or higher weapons and are highly resistant to all physical damage.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I learned something new about Baldur's Gate today! See if you can spot it in the continued adventures of Arris, human enchanter who is alive despite my best efforts.

Bone dudes take care of Sirines as I wander around the Sword Coast looking for xp and things to do before Cloakwood.

Kivan gets ONE hp at level up. I really think a character's CON score influences the basic die roll independent of the bonus HP. I've almost always had a character with 17 or 18 con and they've never rolled the minimum. Other party members have frequently done that over 3 plays now. The skald I abandoned had 16 con and rolled minimum once.

The fight against Kahrk gets...bloody. Oh well.

Tried to clear Firewine without a scroll of magic, and also going in the not-halfling entrance. I'll have to come back later. Good lord that was dangerous.

Finished Neera's quest. It's really oddly scripted. If you get a silence off, the mages just stand there like they're paralyzed.

One of the gravestones in Nashkel spawns this dude if you click on it. Which I think I knew. But, uh...I didn't know this.

Holy christ. SHIELDS UP--time for emergency drinking of fire potions and scrolls!

Oh god.

Thanks to the Wand of Frost, I survive. But, uh...Ajantis isn't so lucky. (Nor is Minsc who was just kinda standing around.) Down to 5 characters. Grabbed Rasaad and I guess I'll grab Yeslick when I head into Cloakwood. I only have like 3 wilderness areas left. Really wanted Ajantis for the Karoug fight, though. Kivan has like 2 HP and Coran's not much better. Gonna be tough to tank things and that could make things rough vs. demonKnight and aec'Lectec should I get there.

Dorn doesn't do well with HP either but I think maybe what I'll do is grab him and do the other DLC character missions. The bastard sword from Dorn's quest would be nice to have.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Uh yeah you don't want to click on that grave. The phoenix guard don't even give very much xp.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Was doing Hexxat's Quest that I've only ever done once before and lost my Iron Party honor when Jaheria got killed by a monk's quivering palm.

I forgot to screenshot the moment of her death and have been forgetting to screenshot stuff in general. I wrapped up the Planar Sphere and mage stronghold and sacrificed my apprentices for a Ring of Wizardry. I regret nothing.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Here comes a new challenger.

Koveras, elven Fighter/Mage/Thief is candlekeeping.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Last update for a bit on Arris, human enchanter.

:rip: chicken man

This got REAL scary. One of the things I'm noticing in the EE is that sometimes character models OVERLAP with one another and it takes a while for them to unstick. Meanwhile they can't move. And when there's a mage about to shoot a lightning bolt into a very tiny room, that frightens me! Worked out ok though; tossed a fireball in there and interrupted her.

Strategy vs. Dave was to just have Kivan drink 1 of the potions of magic blocking and burn him down with arrows.

Can I...can I not recruit Dorn because I have 20 reputation?

Jesus christ, Kivan, my ENCHANTER has more HP than you.

Pictured: party buffing like crazy to do the house full of doom guards, helmed horrors, and invisible stalkers. Went off just fine.

Arris has done:
1.) Literally EVERYTHING in Baldur's Gate except for the Iron Throne fight
2.) All wilderness areas EXCEPT the Firewine Ruins. Meaning excluding TOTSC content I have nothing left but critical path stuff from the Iron Throne fight onwards.
3.) Neera's DLC. Might not be able to access Dorn's, and I'm waiting on Rasaad's for a bit.

Heading to Durlag's Tower next. At the bottom of Durlag's is a longsword that Coran can use to fight Karoug. I had to murder Sashenstar to get his bastard sword since his quest glitched out (all the doppelgangers were dead but it didn't acknowledge it.) Arris is level 8 now.

Only real setbacks were that Neera failed to scribe Cloudkill (Arris can't; enchanters don't get that school) and Arris failed to scribe improved invisibility. I won't really be using the latter, so whatever. The former...I'll get other shots at it in Durlag's Tower, and one in Firewine, if I recall.

Also I'm completely out of money and still need to buy Sandthief's Ring, the Robe of Neutral Archmagi, both Kazagoth relics. The rest of the $ will go toward fun potions for the warrior boys.

So far, so good.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

George Jetson has gotten revenge for Fred Flintstone.

I got distracted IRL and forgot to disarm the trap on this door and it petrified Jaheria. So much for that romance.

Kangaxx normal lich form died instantly to traps. Once his Demi Lich popped I used the helm with Simulacrum to make a clone of myself and hit him with 2 Rings of the Ram. This brought him to basically no life and then he was dead in about 2 rounds of melee and my clone finished him off with damage from the Ring of Energy or whatever it was originally called before Beamdog renamed a bunch of items for no reason.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Flint Stonington, the Dwarven Defender has gotten himself named a Lord after dealing with a mysterious troll infestation in a castle.

So, that golem room was so suspicious even I, a very dumb guy, knew that they were gonna hit me when I took the treasure. I outsmarted them, by casting haste, having someone on every treasure mode and then booking it out of the room.

And then one of them cast haste, which just seems very poor form. Thankfully the iron golem caused a traffic jam at the door and I ran down the stairs before they got sorted out.

The flail seems like a really decent weapon, but no one I have can really use it. It's a shame. But Flint ha a shiny +3 axe which he is using to great effect. He's also maxed out his dualwielding, so he's a whirling machine of death.

Next up is following up on the messanger who told me my cleric's sister died.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

The flail is well worth holding onto because in Throne of Bhaal it can be upgraded to a +5 flail which is excellent and even in BG2 its a great weapon.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Beamdog didn't rename items, just swapped what's displayed on the tooltip from the item type to the item name (if it has one).

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Slow progress is still progress, and Crick Watson has (eventually) cleared out the Cloakwood Mines.

(I'm splitting my limited playtime between this and Path of Exile right now so, yeah.)

After having, last time, having beaten down the latest mercenary group between us and our end goal, we make a remarkable discovery.

Check out what's at the end of that description text, or more specifically what isn't there; namely any mention of being prohibited to Wizard Slayers. I didn't realize it (or that it was legit til I looked it up) that the general ban on magic gear doesn't extend to either helmets or boots.

This is Perwell, the little boy who got kidnapped last update. He's in the cells on the second floor of the mine. He'll happily wait for us outside (and make sure you send him outside before you, for example, flood the mines) but after taking a look at my inventory, and after finding out that Imoen's backstabs aren't really cutting it on the "gently caress you, mage" front, I decide to take a detour back to civilization.

We first drop Perwell off with his mother at the Friendly Arms, and get a magic longbow (a reskinned The Dead Shot) for our trouble. Then we stock up on some potions and

Yeah. Now we're ready.

Yes. Ready.

We get back to the mines. The big fight on Level 2 is Hareishan the mage and a bunch of mercenaries and Black Talons. It's a bit touch and go just because of their sheer numbers and our (bolstered by summons) sheer numbers in some very crowded corridors, but it all works out in the end.

Yes, fine, we'll save the miners. And Yeslick too, by sending him off to the Friendly Arms Inn

Level 3 goes off without a hitch (Natasha falls to an invisible Imoen and Crick, the ogre mage gets his invisibility dispelled straight away, and there aren't any other real challenges down here).

As we prepare to take on Davaeorn, Jaheira decides this is the perfect time for makeup tips.

Isra is about as impressed as I was.

SCS makes a few changes to the Davaeorn fight. A couple of Battle Horrors show up even if you disable the traps, and if the fight goes on long enough mercenaries show up as reinforcements.

You know, if.

Inviso-Imoen opens with a backstab, and while he saves against the poison, it takes out a chunk of his health, and after Crick gets started darting him, I don't think he gets a single spell off aside from his scripted dimension door. The rest of the party and some summons polish off the battle horrors, and that's the show, folks!

Up next, we're off to Baldur's Gate.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

George Jetson human berserker/mage has been doing some questing around Athkatla and acquired a few new items.

A new staff is always nice.

Some silver pants to go with my gold.

I went and did the fight in the graveyard against the vampires to get some easy quest xp but didn't actually leave for spellhold. The Mace of Disruption is our prize there which we promptly upgrade. I actually had the Sir Sarles quest bug out on me / The Unseeing Eye bug out. The head cleric never went inside the Temple of Helm and just stood in the street for the rest of the game. The beholder quest I could do just fine but the quest with Sir Sarles I couldn't do the final turn in.

Our prize for this was a +4 shield for Jaheria and a 18 con belt for Viconia.

Our party is all over 2 million xp at this point except Jaheria who is still below 1 million. Because of my use of her at the start of the game to do the Circus I think she didn't get the free boost to 1.25 million as everyone else did because the game counted her as being in my party before. If you kick someone out from Irenicus Dungeon as soon as you arrive in the Promenade they can still get the free xp boost later on but I needed her for the Circus when I dual classed.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
Might as well throw my hat over the wall for this year. Not streaming again, because I need to watch something on my other monitor to keep from getting too bored.

Here's Maleficarum, the human Fighter, when I remembered to take a screenshot of his records screen.

The dreaded wolf attack in the first area, made more survivable after I stole the healing potions from Xzar and Montaron.

First assassin down, far from where he should normally be. Also I switched it to Czech to slow me down a bit.

Can't believe the sort of poo poo people leave lying around.

Dead.

Dead.

Some Sirines dead.

Some more Sirines dead.

Rude adventurers dead.

And the progress I've made so far.

As of now, Maleficarum is dicking around and might pick up a spellcaster soon!

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Flint Stonington, the Dwarven Defender has a few side quests under his belt and has finally gotten enough scratch to pay the Shadow Thieves (and buy a few toys from the Adventure Mart).

This is getting really high fantasy, huh? I instigated an interplanar jailbreak, got a bunch of broke into a secret wizard tower, and stumbled upon a group of mind flayers (which I didn't pursue after they ate poor Minsc's brain). Also, the undead insta-killing throwing axe is more than worth it's weight in gold. It's oneshot mummies, vampires, and shadows from across the room.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Dec 23, 2019

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I'm not even sure where you would find Mind Flayers in the city before you do Windspear Hills quest. Did you do that one already?

A short update for George Jetson

I went and made short work of the Shade Lord.

I'm probably gonna wrap up minor side quests next that aren't more full on dungeon crawls. Stuff that is maybe just one fight. After I do that I am thinking of recruiting some different characters temporarily to do their quests such as Neera, Keldorn and Anomen and Jan.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

cheesetriangles posted:

I'm not even sure where you would find Mind Flayers in the city before you do Windspear Hills quest. Did you do that one already?

A short update for George Jetson

I went and made short work of the Shade Lord.

I'm probably gonna wrap up minor side quests next that aren't more full on dungeon crawls. Stuff that is maybe just one fight. After I do that I am thinking of recruiting some different characters temporarily to do their quests such as Neera, Keldorn and Anomen and Jan.

I did a lot over the weekend, so probably. Was that the one with the dragon?

But it's in the sewers in the temple district, right? Hidden wall that goes to their creepy mindflayer base.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Capfalcon posted:

I did a lot over the weekend, so probably. Was that the one with the dragon?

But it's in the sewers in the temple district, right? Hidden wall that goes to their creepy mindflayer base.

Yeah that's the red dragon. I just didn't remember you mentioning it.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

You get the key to the creepy mindflayer area in windspear.

Chaotic commands is a MUST have vs mindflayer. Potions of genius help a little bit too.

But man, for your first time playing the fact that you did windspear and at least WENT to the mindflayer area without dying is really impressive.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

cheesetriangles posted:

Yeah that's the red dragon. I just didn't remember you mentioning it.

You're right, I didn't mention it, I just lumped that in the general sidequests. I did the shadow dragon area too (totally didn't fight him, but the temple he was hiding in). Flint was in his element, oneshotting shadows with his undead slaying axe, and the shadow lord was a total chump. Basically, all the quests people kept bugging me about were prioritized because I wasn't sure how long I had before people would abandon me.

FairGame posted:

You get the key to the creepy mindflayer area in windspear.

Chaotic commands is a MUST have vs mindflayer. Potions of genius help a little bit too.

But man, for your first time playing the fact that you did windspear and at least WENT to the mindflayer area without dying is really impressive.

Oh, I didn't even know it was locked! I only fought the first mindflayer group (I'm assuming there's more further in, but I was very much not going farther after how rough that first fight was). Also, I managed to get a partial pull of the thralls, then focus fired the mindflayer and got a lucky domination off on the cleric.

Also, I've had more than a few deaths so far. Jaheria is probably the record holder with three (one in the jailbreak, one in the sewer brawl with the adventurers near the mindflayer base, and one with the adventurer party in the guardian labyrinth) as I keep forgetting to switch her to a ranged weapon when I don't want her closing to melee. Actually, three people died in the guardian labyrinth to that adventuring party, because I just moused over to where the person who gave me the quest was and move clicked there. Thus, my party was pretty much in the middle of the other party when the dialogue trigger fired.

Surprisingly, the beholder right before that fight was pretty easy. No one really got hurt at all, which might have more to do with Flint being a whirling death machine at this point. Also, I probably lucked out, but he was down in about two rounds.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Did you kill Firkraag the red dragon? he is harder than the shadow dragon so if you can kill him you can take the shadow dragon. Just be careful because the shadow dragon level drains.

George Jetson is wrapping up some side quests

I never finished the slavers so I did that.

Jaheria decides she wants to talk romance in the middle of this.

I wanted the XP so I go to the guarded compound. I have no one that uses katanas at the moment.

After all that I kick Edwin, Hexxat, Korgan, Viconia out of the party and grab Keldorn, Anomen, Jan, Rasaad. I do Keldorn's quest but keep him around for now. I start Anomen's quest but that one takes time. I also finish Rasaad's quest and kick him for Cernd and am in the middle of his quests. I'm at 2.7 million xp now and trying to eek out as much xp as I can really wanting to get a Planetar. I know I could get a big chunk of XP from doing Windspear Hills but I'm a tad bit afraid of that fight.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

cheesetriangles posted:

Did you kill Firkraag the red dragon? he is harder than the shadow dragon so if you can kill him you can take the shadow dragon. Just be careful because the shadow dragon level drains.

Nooooope. Ate my slice of humble pie and said thanks for the child.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
Maleficarum is still traipsing around the Sword Coast, just he and Imoen.

:smith:

:unsmith:

Forgot to picture: Charisma tome, gnoll genocide.

9k more XP and I'll add a spellcaster. Or maybe I'll add one and then go basilisk hunting, I'll find out after the holidays. Maleficarum is full of indecision.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

George Jetson has reached epic levels and chooses summon planetar as his first ability.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Well I'm loving Pissed. Apparently Edwin is a coward and leaves your party if you try to fight Firkraag. He took my spare Ring of Wizardry and he took my only Ring of Acuity along with the +5 sling that makes it's own bullets. Also I wasted a bunch of good spell scrolls on his rear end.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Errr do you have mods installed? I don't run an evil party very often but I kill Firkraag with Edwin in the party every single time.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

No I have no mods installed. I found a few google results of people saying the same thing but not very widespread. I had not seen it happen before either. I always run ironman as vanilla and uninstall the games on Steam, delete their folders manually to make sure there's no left over files then reinstall.

George Jetson has made it to the Underdark.

Spellhold went flawless and I'm sure Imoen can find her own way home.

We get our prize.

Help a mage with his research.

And he rewards me. I was a bit nervous in this fight because he got a Time Ttop off so I wasn't sure what he would do. Thankfully he attacked the party member 2nd best prepared to defend against him. He tried to imprison Korgan which enrage blocked and he cast a disintegrate which Korgan easily saved against. As soon as his Time Stop wore off his Protection from Magical Weapons wore off and he quickly got chunked.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Apparently he disaffects if you initiate combat via dialog, but not if you just attack.

I suspect everyone wants to get in a free opening strike. I certainly do. Bet that's been in place since original BG2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I didn't think I needed it so I didn't bother. I turned out not to need it because he went down easily and I took minimum damage and had like 90% fire resistance at the time. Really wish I went with my original idea of just avoiding combat going to kill the mage then going back and putting down 5 traps from Hexxat as an opener.

George Jetson is continuing to tear apart the Underdark.

Did the statue thing for the 21 str belt. Did the beholder and mind flayer dungeons as well. The beholder was annoying because I had to personally get involved and kill stuff and couldn't leave it up to someone else due to Elder Orbs doing imprison. On the break in Neera got turned to stone but I keep plenty of stone to flesh scrolls on me. I filled all my level 5 slots with spell immunity and between those and enrage I cleared the dungeon. Mind flayer was going really well until Jaheria got her brain's eaten. I'm getting low on charges for my Rod's of Resurrection so I need to remember to charge those. Used a lot of Project Images / Simulacrum and Mords Swords to kill most of them and discovered that planetars actually work just fine for anti mind flayer duty if you cast Chaotic Commands on them first. Viconia, Hexxat and Korgan are all in epic levels now and Jaheria is close but Neera it's gonna take a while she still doesn't even have 8th level spells.