Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Honestly, I'm mostly fine with this, I'm a patient guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Guess the raws guy got busted.

As poor as the scanlations were at times, I liked seeing the comparative differences between them and the official translation.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i was just being lazy about having to get another subscription service, but i guess there's no choice now

Prowler
May 24, 2004

It's not just that. All of the WSJ series English translations have been removed from rehosting sites like MangaDex. If you view One Punch Man there, you'll only see Arabic and Brazilian titles.

I have definitely been reading Viz translations. I'm just surprised at how swiftly this all seemed to go down.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The raw providers didn't get busted as far as I can tell. The scanlators probably just got dmca'd finally.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I'm on Android: what's the app I should get to read the big SJ manga plus like the side populars like OPM?

There's Viz manga, Shonen Jump manga & comics, and Manga +.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I have the SJ app. It seems fine.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
It was nice of them to time it when there was only one thing in Shonen Jump left worth reading, honestly

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Prowler posted:

It's not just that. All of the WSJ series English translations have been removed from rehosting sites like MangaDex. If you view One Punch Man there, you'll only see Arabic and Brazilian titles.

I have definitely been reading Viz translations. I'm just surprised at how swiftly this all seemed to go down.

I'm not understanding what you're saying here because OPM is still on Mangadex as far as I can tell. https://mangadex.org/title/7139/one-punch-man

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

It's not the raw scans guy getting busted; raws are out.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Prowler posted:

One Piece is on Mangadex right now tho? https://mangadex.org/title/39/one-piece

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

It was nice of them to time it when there was only one thing in Shonen Jump left worth reading, honestly

Look, I love Chainsaw Man as much as the next guy, but it being better than everything else doesn't mean MHA isn't worth reading.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

chiasaur11 posted:

Look, I love Chainsaw Man as much as the next guy, but it being better than everything else doesn't mean MHA isn't worth reading.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
There's actually a ton of good-to-great series being published at WSJ at the moment, tbh.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Also, now you can catch up on One Piece without watching 900 episodes of anime.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm not especially broken up by this.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Hardest part is adjusting to a Sunday release. Gonna miss reading SJ releases Friday before work.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It's probably just a matter of time before 4chan or another similar setup who isn't subject to DMCA starts doing their own translations anyway.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's probably just a matter of time before 4chan or another similar setup who isn't subject to DMCA starts doing their own translations anyway.

The best early scanlator for One Punch Man (Ultimateking) posted his translations on 4chan (whereupon Reddit would poach them).

Just a matter of time, really, indeed.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

there are already scans for other shonen jump series. this will inconvenience people for a while but it doesn't really change anything

all they can do is hope more people move over to the official translations on viz/mangaplus in the meantime. they're not gonna stop scans

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
New Chapter!

Shigaraki is having a good time it seems.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Have a Mangaplus link for non-Americans

Little disappointed in setup nature of this but hopefully it pays off soon.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Rhonne posted:

New Chapter!

Shigaraki is having a good time it seems.

Couldn't have said it better myself

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I love our evil doctor cheering like a giddy kid at a carnival :allears:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Wark Say posted:

There's actually a ton of good-to-great series being published at WSJ at the moment, tbh.

Yeah, that comment was really bizarre. WSJ is kinda uncannily good right now. I guess if someone is only vaguely aware of WSJ being the magazine "that used to have Naruto and Bleach and now has MHA" that take might make sense.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Grouchio posted:

I love our evil doctor cheering like a giddy kid at a carnival :allears:

This dude gives off big Dr. Eggman vibes so I'm still hoping that they cast Mike Pollock for the dub.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
So, Daruma is totally modifying Shigaraki so he can safely use multiple Quirks, right? It was expected, but I figured it'd be further down the line.

amigolupus posted:

This dude gives off big Dr. Eggman vibes so I'm still hoping that they cast Mike Pollock for the dub.

He's voiced by Mark Stoddard,and has been since season 1.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

you know, given Hori’s love of Star Wars I wouldn’t be surprised if Shigaraki came out looking like Darth Vader after his mods

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
All For One looking badass in this chapter.

Can't make wine without crushing a few grapes.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Man chapters like this make me so happy scanlators will leave this series alone now.
Can you imagine how awful a rushed cleanjob of this chapter would look?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Mulderman posted:

Man chapters like this make me so happy scanlators will leave this series alone now.
I'd say that the way Horikoshi draws and shades generally has always made MHA look like poo poo when poorly cleaned from scans of the toilet-paper that Weekly Jump is printed on.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Carlosologist posted:

you know, given Hori’s love of Star Wars I wouldn’t be surprised if Shigaraki came out looking like Darth Vader after his mods

AfO was already the Vader - had a life support suit and helmet and everything

Here's hoping Shiggy doesn't become the Kylo Ren

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

AfO was already the Vader - had a life support suit and helmet and everything

Here's hoping Shiggy doesn't become the Kylo Ren

Shiggy was always the Kylo Ren, even before Kylo Ren was created. Grandson of a legendary figure, turned to evil by a heavily injured and shadowy villain at the head of an evil organization, whiny manchild... he checks all the boxes.

It's just that he's following the arc people expected of Kylo, moving to be more and more of a real villain, instead of... whatever happened with Kylo.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Unwarranted long movies is what happened to Kylo Ren.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The second the cgi scrotum man said "You're still seduced by the light side" no one with any grey matter expected Kylo to just get more evil.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mulderman posted:

Yeah good luck with that, there’s no way a new scanlator for MHA won’t pop up.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I get that AfO’s aesthetic was supposed to be Vader but he’s definitely more Palpatine if anything

Kylo Ren for Shiggy makes total sense tho

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Actual dialogue from AfO during Shiggy's childhood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ6nF6JKtRc

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Honestly? I wouldn't be surprised if AFO let Shigaraki use his Quirk on prisoners who were restrained or evidence he wanted to remove.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

AfO: Kill him. DEW IT -
*Shigaraki kills the guy with zero hestitation*
AfO: Oh. Well. That was easy.