Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

the events of the last two pages have radicalized me and I will now do everything in my power to ensure number goes down

the prequel of NGU Industries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

the events of the last two pages have radicalized me and I will now do everything in my power to ensure number goes down

Now this is an idle game idea, start off with an absurd number and full upgrades and then slowly reverse purchase them to reducing everything down to zero

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Numbers going down can be good, too, if that's part of the game!

What we really like is the absolute value of the first derivative of numbers going up. Second derivative is even better.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Samuringa posted:

the prequel of NGU Industries

The final boss of NGU is a negative sign, you lose and your numbers get wiped and you pass out....

.. and wake up in an empty factory with a convenient supply of iron and copper plates nearby.

*Cue title screen*

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

something posted:

The final boss of NGU is a negative sign, you lose and your numbers get wiped and you pass out....

.. and wake up in an empty factory with a convenient supply of iron and copper plates nearby.

*Cue title screen*

are you loving kidding me?

You are going with the it was just a dream ending? Just to wake us up to play a new idle game about being a factory worker? No I'm not doing that all over aga.... oh hey that number is going up, I kind of like that

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

something posted:

*Cue title screen*

Oh I thought I was gonna wake up the day before I first played cookie clicker and learned a valuable lesson about my times value

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

Samuringa posted:

This is a very bad list because for some reason it tells people to ignore Generic Magic Bars perks and Golden Showers, and skimming over Banks. The 5 Clock Shadow perk is also useless and you shouldn't ever buy it.

To be honest I'm idling Chocolate World and I still have invested any points in banks, they just don't feel that necessary compared to, say, dumping all my recent points in quest and MacGuffin-related perks. I'm done dumping resources into Adv Training and TM about 2 hours into my 24h+ rebirths, shaving a couple minutes off that isn't a priority. Beards are a little different since they naturally accumulate over the entire run so I'll probably grab some levels of those sooner rather than later.

Edit: That list also has bonus titan exp at tier 6, I'd get that way earlier.

Peepers fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Dec 23, 2019

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Why is the 5 o'clock shadow perk bad? It feels like it should be a pretty decent bonus, since you're improving beards overall.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

5 o'clock shadow only does something if your rebirths are less than 24 hours long but still greater than 1 hour. Once you have 24 hour fruits I honestly don't know why you'd ever rebirth at that frequency besides, very rarely, for challenges.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Peepers posted:

5 o'clock shadow only does something if your rebirths are less than 24 hours long but still greater than 1 hour. Once you have 24 hour fruits I honestly don't know why you'd ever rebirth at that frequency besides, very rarely, for challenges.

5 o clock shadow perks also cost as much per rank as the +seeds bonus so it's just more PP that isn't going into the ultimate direction the game is going to push you in past troll challenge 3.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Mr. Peepers posted:

To be honest I'm idling Chocolate World and I still have invested any points in banks, they just don't feel that necessary compared to, say, dumping all my recent points in quest and MacGuffin-related perks. I'm done dumping resources into Adv Training and TM about 2 hours into my 24h+ rebirths, shaving a couple minutes off that isn't a priority. Beards are a little different since they naturally accumulate over the entire run so I'll probably grab some levels of those sooner rather than later.

Edit: That list also has bonus titan exp at tier 6, I'd get that way earlier.

Banks are one of the best ways to make progress. You never stop putting resources into your advanced training or time machine. Then, every 24 hours, you get to rebirth, get all the benefits of rebirthing, and then add up to 50ish% of your prior day's progress onto today's progress. Then 24 hours later, you'll have advanced past the point you were at in your previous rebirth. Every rebirth, it tacks on additional progress and lets you push your TM/advanced training levels further.

That's one of the reasons why challenges suck so much and you want to get as many of them done in one shot as possible, you have to abandon your banks to do them.

Basically, invest in banks and invest more in your TM /adv training.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
Beard Banks are also very useful in Challenges, always start a rebirth with a quick boost.

Only the TM Banks is just ok, and now in early Evil its pretty much useless.

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012

Good luck with the diet.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Samuringa posted:

Around the time you start autokilling UUG or Walderp you'll buy all the Special Adventure upgrades that aren't Guffs or Daycare II.

Don't buy the Double Basic Training yet, it's a very superfluous upgrade that you won't even notice aside from when doing Challenges. The Generics are all worth it, and after that the NGUs, Boosted Boosts, Wandoos, Golden Showers, and ygg related Perks. Banks as well at some point. That's assuming you already have the Crappy Perk.

This is a very bad list because for some reason it tells people to ignore Generic Magic Bars perks and Golden Showers, and skimming over Banks. The 5 Clock Shadow perk is also useless and you shouldn't ever buy it.

eh

bars is the least valuable of the generics, the only really good thing it does is boost beard growth for a 24 hour rebirth

that being said energy beards are generally better than the magic beards (since energy beards advance actual progress and magic beards are generally better for challenges) so grabbing the energy bars perk is a much higher priority than the magic bars one.

golden showers is good, but since it's a multiplicative bonus it has diminishing returns for paying for stuff that sees exponential growth unless you immediately max it, so sinking some points to start it and coming back isnt that bad of a strategy especially since the list tells you to start and then go and spend all of your PP the Yggs upgrade perks so you facilitate the experience fountaint that is maxxes out fruit of knowlesge.

Banks are something that you should be looking way into the run anyway, the list is basically assuming you're not doing challenges some time around beast v3/chocolate world so you knock them out in the shortest time

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Dec 24, 2019

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Uh What the heck just happened. I was adventuring in the high tech base right when the GRB fight went off cooldown and I clicked to switch to it and won immediately somehow.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Uh What the heck just happened. I was adventuring in the high tech base right when the GRB fight went off cooldown and I clicked to switch to it and won immediately somehow.

You reached auto kill stats.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
I'm playing RG on Android and for some reason this Research isn't opening. I'm playing as Fairy and have the required researches completed but it won't open up.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Buzkashi posted:

I'm playing RG on Android and for some reason this Research isn't opening. I'm playing as Fairy and have the required researches completed but it won't open up.

If it's showing complete progress and the yellow-green exclamation point, it probably just means "hey you just learned this". You can't select it at the moment because there's a limit to how many researches you can actively use at once, but if you abdicated and went back in, it'd probably be available. If not, pastebin your save file For Science.

Complete progress and yellow question mark is the more serious concern, it means you're not on the right faction to unlock it.

Vil fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Dec 24, 2019

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
That's not it (the red x is covering up the !) - tried abdicating, closing the game, etc. Maybe if I export to desktop and back?

And the g00f wiki says it's just those researches and playing as Fairy that's required.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

if you hover over the zone, the tooltip text will tell you stats required to auto kill a titan/various other bits

auto kill isnt the same as one hit kill or idle kill, it's what will let you kill a titan every respawn without leaving your current adventuring zone

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Buzkashi posted:

That's not it (the red x is covering up the !) - tried abdicating, closing the game, etc. Maybe if I export to desktop and back?

And the g00f wiki says it's just those researches and playing as Fairy that's required.

Okay, that one turns out to just straight-up be a recent bug, it's on the bug list on the RG Kong forums.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

pixaal posted:

No I'm not doing that all over aga.... oh hey that number is going up, I kind of like that

Sometimes I wonder what I'm doing with my life when I stare at my phone screen, but then the lizard brain kicks in and I'm happy again. Number is going up!

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So if i've managed to beat boss 150, i probably should have beaten Walderp already right?

Edit: i've only got 1 more bearded axe to get to max out the Beardverse set too.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

Kin posted:

So if i've managed to beat boss 150, i probably should have beaten Walderp already right?

Edit: i've only got 1 more bearded axe to get to max out the Beardverse set too.

Except for the very start of Evil, you're gonna unlock new adventure stuff way earlier than you can handle it. Cause the opposite is more boring.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Ok I need some direction in NGU. I've done a couple basic challenges and I'm at the point where I can idle out GRB and the highest boss I've killed is 67. What should I be focusing on doing some more of these easier challenges or should I be pushing forward on bosses to unlock more stuff?

I don't appear to be at the point yet where I can kill the second titan and get that dang seed.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Ok I need some direction in NGU. I've done a couple basic challenges and I'm at the point where I can idle out GRB and the highest boss I've killed is 67. What should I be focusing on doing some more of these easier challenges or should I be pushing forward on bosses to unlock more stuff?

I don't appear to be at the point yet where I can kill the second titan and get that dang seed.

The essence of Progression comes with unlocking new features - which comes from beating more titans

This requires higher Adventure Stats - the best source of which right now for you is maxing out and boosting up gear. Consider doing stuff to unlock auto-merge and auto-boost, it makes this a lot less painful if you can leave your computer on to idle.

GRB's drops might be the best you have right now - or maybe you can manually kill a monster in the highest zone you can see. If the highest zone you can access is trivial - push higher bosses by doing longer resets (like 24 hour), making sure to boost your number with blood magic.

Once you can manually kill a monster in the new zone, you can grab the equipment from the boss (duck in and out instead of killing the trash monsters) and then boost it up by idling lower zones.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Opinions may vary, but killing the GRB and getting his set took too long for me and the bonus seemed really lame, so I only got enough pieces to let me idle in Clockwork and jumped straight to that. 4G changed the way his drops work after I got past that but I'm not sure if it's worth doing.

2 Basic challenges is a huge boost with the recent rework, I'd only advise pulling a 24h before proceeding with the normal gameplay.

NGUs make more of a difference than it seems and are going to be your main boost from this point on, Power, Augments, and Gold might look like the only ones worth a drat but don't sleep on the rest, especially Adventure. It may take a while to get some levels but these are permanent additions to your stats, even in Challenges.

Feel free to ignore the Drop Chance, NGU Magic, and PP NGUs and also all the Magic NGUs for now, it's going to be a while before you can make any progress in those.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

once you get your basic trainings down to 1 energy a piece, start doing 24 hour rebirth cycles so you get a good chance for number to grow so you can unlock the clock dimension

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Haven't seen this one linked yet:
SuicIDLE

play with the music & singing robot on

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I played it for a bit a couple of weeks ago, unfortunately the loop is very repetitive. A couple of prestiges and I already felt like there wasn't anything else worth doing it.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I just got the whole clock set so I think I'm gonna grind up a bunch of boosts to try to kill the tree, then do a 24h challenge

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I just got the whole clock set so I think I'm gonna grind up a bunch of boosts to try to kill the tree, then do a 24h challenge

the sands of time are a particularly useful accessory in letting you punch above your usual weight

headfake
Aug 6, 2011

OK so now that I'm starting to cap NGUs, is it right that just pressing Cap alone is pretty useless, because it will almost instantly drop from 100% to 99.999% which is essentially 50% (2 ticks vs. 1)? So you have to either add a little manually, or use the cap modifier from the AP shop?

Is there a way to tell that it fell off of 100% bb? I assume this can happen without the bar even appearing a sliver off of full?

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Eyeballing the rate the level rises does it for me personally.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

headfake posted:

OK so now that I'm starting to cap NGUs, is it right that just pressing Cap alone is pretty useless, because it will almost instantly drop from 100% to 99.999% which is essentially 50% (2 ticks vs. 1)? So you have to either add a little manually, or use the cap modifier from the AP shop?

Is there a way to tell that it fell off of 100% bb? I assume this can happen without the bar even appearing a sliver off of full?

Set the number that you modify energy to 1 million or something that isn’t enormous compared to your max

Hit cap, then add your custom amount. If that didn’t cover your growth over 24 hours, use a bigger number next rebirth

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've almost Maxx'd the Mega Lands set. What do now. I should probably work on some Challenges next..

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

after a dew weeks NGUs actually decrease in time instead of increase. I still set it to 101%

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Manuel Calavera posted:

I've almost Maxx'd the Mega Lands set. What do now. I should probably work on some Challenges next..

Have you beaten Uug yet? That's a good next goal. Basic challenges for the adventure boost wouldn't be the worst thing if you're up for it.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Others have given solid advice, but I'd say you should stay AWAY from challenges until BV (do 1st of each), and ignore again until beastV2-3 for many more. You may be getting distracted from the core items worth focusing on, which is to build the foundation of your permanent stats. a

Truly, press adv. zones until you hit Mega, then do a long RB and get that mega set and get the next titan so you can start to actually make it into an idle game. Doing all that kinda gelled the core game mechanics for me. and it might be the same for you.

Challenges look appealing and beneficial early, but the "old heads" only do them when they can complete in 5mins, so take a bit of that wisdom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So what's the typical deal with walderp?

I figured out his 'game' but do you have to keep doing the 'Walderp says' stuff even after you beat his final form?

Basically, i'm at a maxxed beard set and have only beaten the 2nd form but i'm wondering if i should just keep dumping energy into advanced training until i'm strong enough to insta kill him to farm his gear after beating his final form.

My stats are 6 million for power and 4 million for toughness which is apparently way too low for the next zone (Badly Drawn World) too.

Kin fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Dec 25, 2019