Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I expect an official cspam apology to homex is in order then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Lightning Knight posted:

lmao holy poo poo

also if the Chinese government acknowledges the program but disagrees with its character and the number of people in it, how many do we think is more realistic?

re: Guantanamo lady,

lol

That is more difficult to say but honestly, I thought they would at least try to have some data with that level of an assertion. Even the Cold War Soviet studies had some type of framework even if it was often nonsensical and held to a firm double standard.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

screaming about genocide denial is mostly about killing lf again so you can return to an ideological safe space where you can hoot and holler about bombing brown people without the negative nancies showing up

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

uninterrupted posted:

wait wait wait the source for the “mass rape” is the same lady that literally worked at guantanamo?

I've being saying all along that the libs are using false rape accusations against left wing concentration camp guards to discredit marxist eduacation and nobody believed me

really shows how infiltrated cspam by rightists, DnDers, sexists, racists and fascists nowadays

Typo has issued a correction as of 03:08 on Dec 23, 2019

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

comedyblissoption posted:

screaming about genocide denial is mostly about killing lf again so you can return to an ideological safe space where you can hoot and holler about bombing brown people without the negative nancies showing up

that was probably the most distasteful practice i have seen on these forums, like customer service helldump

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
sorry going to need some of our us state department posters to chime in :)

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
lollin pretty hard at western "leftists" signal boosting rapture ready lunatics like adrian zenz. I assumed he was standard issue NGOspook and not a hair away from being a quiverful christian terrorist

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Critical support for typo

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
My China real good right now

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

comedyblissoption posted:

it's fine to criticize the chinese government's censorship, but making a sarcastic comment about a "grown-up government" implies this is somehow uniquely chinese

My use of that term relates to the difference between the topics.
Imperialism (and, to an extent, apartheid) are very relevant to the pursuits of either certain western governments and/or influential political groups within them. Avoiding criticism of these things is therefore a morally repellent but understandable pursuit.

But, Chinese government vs The Big Bad Gays, wtf?
Judge someone by their enemies, etc.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

customer service helldump

lol

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

uninterrupted posted:

wait wait wait the source for the “mass rape” is the same lady that literally worked at guantanamo?

lmao i could NOT see that coming. I guess us statr affliated activist was a bit too generous of a criticism eh. Guantamo gang keeps on rolling regardless

Atopian posted:

Imperialism (and, to an extent, apartheid) are very relevant to the pursuits of either certain western governments and/or influential political groups within them. Avoiding criticism of these things is therefore a morally repellent but understandable pursuit.

are you going to tell us what your point is soon? Im sure it would be totally selfevident if you was posting for the gibbis china thread, so have mercy for our broken tankie brains please thank you and have a safe ride home or i am going to find out where you live and start screaming whats yer loving point at your window until you break or fight me

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Critical support for typo

:hmmyes:

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

Kurnugia posted:

lmao i could NOT see that coming. I guess us statr affliated activist was a bit too generous of a criticism eh. Guantamo gang keeps on rolling regardless

are you going to tell us what your point is soon? Im sure it would be totally selfevident if you was posting for the gibbis china thread, so have mercy for our broken tankie brains please thank you and have a safe ride home or i am going to find out where you live and start screaming whats yer loving point at your window until you break or fight me

Uh, I think I've made a similar (low) number of posts in this thread and the GBS thread, and in fact had less overall pushback here, but good job on the instant defensiveness.

My point was, people were talking about how the Chinese government didn't have anything against gay people, and I wanted to point out how that was untrue. With a side-order of "why the gently caress would a nation that didn't already have a bunch of historic religious baggage decide to jump on that particular bullshit?"

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Atopian posted:

Uh, I think I've made a similar (low) number of posts in this thread and the GBS thread, and in fact had less overall pushback here, but good job on the instant defensiveness.

My point was, people were talking about how the Chinese government didn't have anything against gay people, and I wanted to point out how that was untrue. With a side-order of "why the gently caress would a nation that didn't already have a bunch of historic religious baggage decide to jump on that particular bullshit?"

talking about defensiveness... Mate, i was joking, making a rreference to that one legendery dril tweet

i didnt really notice anyone say that the CCP was pro-lgbtq+ or anything of the sort, but if was talking about a topic different from the disney censorship then maybe you might perhaps on a really good good christmas day see how that might lead to some confusion in a tankie moron such as i

and i am now also making a slightly sarcastic, selfeffacing posting about um... Oh god im being defensive now aaaaäääÄaÄAÄÄ

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Atopian posted:

the us government criminalized being gay for a long time, homophobia as government policy worsened the aids epidemic, and american politicians literally stump on returning to that era

homophobia is terrible and the chinese government should rightfully be criticized for it and this is definitely the right place to talk about it, but stop acting like homophobia as government policy is a uniquely chinese phenomenon

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

like, it literally hasn't even been 5 years yet from the narrow 5-4 obergefell v hodges scotus decision to legalize gay marriage

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

If I posted in a US politics thread, for sure I'd mock those things. As you say, they're real and really ridiculous. But since I've been here for years, I treat western politics as a sort of horrible and distant entertainment. China government stuff, on the other hand, is actually relevant to my life / the lives of my friends.

Hence, China thread, China comments.

a cat youtube
Jun 25, 2013
I’ve been in a month long argument with a Facebook group over one specific Chinese issue and it’s driving me up the wall - I keep trying to tell them there’s absolutely nothing unhealthy (beyond the normal frying all food gets ) with Gutter Oil/地沟油.

It generally comes from places like old fryers and has ALREADY been used in food - how in the world could it be bad for you? I feel it’s honestly mostly anti- Han sentiment.

They keep trying to point out that it can cause diarrhea but whiteys purposefully eat food that causes diarrhea ALL THE TIME - hello, sugar free harbo gummies, anything with olestra etc. If anything this would make gutter oil both Green and a health supplement to regular frying , which lmao white people need air fryers for . Does anyone else have anything I can show them to prove A. Gutter oil is overstated and B. even if gutter oil is used it’s actually good for you/ the environment. If so PM your weibo handle.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

are you being real?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

are you sure you were talking with chinese people and not libertarians

a cat youtube
Jun 25, 2013

BrainDance posted:

are you being real?

Yeah? I mean I can link to several articles about US food safety that proves that China’s Gutter Oil issue is actually not a big deal.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

a cat youtube posted:

Yeah? I mean I can link to several articles about US food safety that proves that China’s Gutter Oil issue is actually not a big deal.

lol I get it

you rule.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

a cat youtube posted:

I’ve been in a month long argument with a Facebook group over one specific Chinese issue and it’s driving me up the wall - I keep trying to tell them there’s absolutely nothing unhealthy (beyond the normal frying all food gets ) with Gutter Oil/地沟油.

It generally comes from places like old fryers and has ALREADY been used in food - how in the world could it be bad for you? I feel it’s honestly mostly anti- Han sentiment.

They keep trying to point out that it can cause diarrhea but whiteys purposefully eat food that causes diarrhea ALL THE TIME - hello, sugar free harbo gummies, anything with olestra etc. If anything this would make gutter oil both Green and a health supplement to regular frying , which lmao white people need air fryers for . Does anyone else have anything I can show them to prove A. Gutter oil is overstated and B. even if gutter oil is used it’s actually good for you/ the environment. If so PM your weibo handle.

source your quotes

a cat youtube
Jun 25, 2013

hobbesmaster posted:

source your quotes

what?

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

the thread demands screenshots and will not be refused

cyka blyat
Sep 12, 2018

1999. What appeared to be a harmless meteorite crashing in the Nevada desert has turned out to be Darc Seed, an evil alien creature with horrible powers. By shooting strange magnetic rays, Darc Seed had turned the helpless nation into zombies and had brought the Statue of Liberty to life to do his dirty work. These rays had also given him control over many deadly weapons, but none were more powerful than the legendary samurai sword, Shura. When the great head of the samurai, Namakubi, heard that the sword had fallen into evil hands, he set off immediately for the United States. For only he possessed the strength and knowledge needed to recapture the magical sword and free the U.S. from the evil clutches of Darc Seed.

Chinese food is delicious, Taiwan is fantastic and so is Hong Kong. Greater China is like a goblin camp with all the pushing shouting and spitting.

You cant argue it is cultural when the other Chinese culture places arent literal hellworlds

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
I hate hell, and how old people spit on the ground in there. Really makes me appreciate the weight of my sins

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Yeah, your not getting away with “those are the good ones” defense.

cyka blyat
Sep 12, 2018

1999. What appeared to be a harmless meteorite crashing in the Nevada desert has turned out to be Darc Seed, an evil alien creature with horrible powers. By shooting strange magnetic rays, Darc Seed had turned the helpless nation into zombies and had brought the Statue of Liberty to life to do his dirty work. These rays had also given him control over many deadly weapons, but none were more powerful than the legendary samurai sword, Shura. When the great head of the samurai, Namakubi, heard that the sword had fallen into evil hands, he set off immediately for the United States. For only he possessed the strength and knowledge needed to recapture the magical sword and free the U.S. from the evil clutches of Darc Seed.

Mainland would be way better if Taiwan took over.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

cyka blyat posted:

Mainland would be way better if Taiwan took over.

Nah, Taiwan has all the same issues with corruption that the mainland does. It's only due to heavy duty propaganda that people in the US think Taiwan is some kind of paradise like Switzerland. In reality, tons of Taiwan residents live abroad, 1 million of which live and work in the mainland.

cyka blyat
Sep 12, 2018

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

Nah, Taiwan has all the same issues with corruption that the mainland does. It's only due to heavy duty propaganda that people in the US think Taiwan is some kind of paradise like Switzerland. In reality, tons of Taiwan residents live abroad, 1 million of which live and work in the mainland.

Having been to both, I disagree on the both-sideism. Taiwanese government and society is a hell of a lot better than mainland.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

cyka blyat posted:

Having been to both, I disagree on the both-sideism. Taiwanese government and society is a hell of a lot better than mainland.

Taiwan is a tiny island of 23 million, meanwhile the mainland encompasses everything from tundra to subtropical climates. Nice generalizing going on.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
can we keep the unhinged regionalism to the gbs thread

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

Considering that the GDP capita in PPP terms of many mainland cities are on parity with some Western citiies at this point, it is probably time to start questioning many stereotypes.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 18:52 on Dec 23, 2019

cyka blyat
Sep 12, 2018

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

Taiwan is a tiny island of 23 million, meanwhile the mainland encompasses everything from tundra to subtropical climates. Nice generalizing going on.

drat tundra keeping us from not commiting genocide and not being able to make lines!

cyka blyat
Sep 12, 2018

Ardennes posted:

Considering that the GDP capita in PPP terms of many mainland cities are on parity with Taipei at this point, it is probably time to start questioning many stereotypes.

The large cities, especially Shanghai and Hangzhou, are decent and nice.

a cat youtube
Jun 25, 2013
Queuing doesn’t make any viable sense it it comes getting your hands on Gutter Oil fried food . It goes fast so if you can get to the front before others it’s ideal. There’s a limited supply - Gutters are bottomless. And Secondly it doesn’t make any sense to queue for the toilet afterwards. Those that finished their gutter fried food should automatically get to the front of any toilet line for how quick the diarrhea hits over even children and other people waiting in line at public restrooms.

Honestly it’s pretty orientalist (well REALLY orientalist) to assume it’s just mad dash chaos and that the billions of Chinese haven’t figured out a system that makes sense for them.

Edit : apologies, I thought the previous few posts were over what I said

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

cyka blyat posted:

how would simply being to both allow you to have an informed opinion on corruption its not like gutter oil you cant eyeball it by walking around in public places

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

https://www.abacusnews.com/games/hong-kong-protesters-and-mainland-gamers-clash-grand-theft-auto-v-online/article/3042959

quote:

On Hong Kong online forum LIHKG, gamers are encouraging each other to buy the set of clothing that they’ve dubbed the “Glory to Hong Kong” suit and join a “crew” named Stand With Hong Kong. The crew has been going on violent outings in the game, trashing subway stations and throwing Molotov cocktails at police vehicles.
Gamers in mainland China were quick to respond. They started showing up in the game dressed as riot police and driving trucks with water cannons. Social media discussions suggest that the two sides wound up getting into an epic fight involving railguns. It appears that mainland gamers ultimately wound up overwhelming Hong Kong gamers by sheer number of players.

Begun, the Gamer War has.