Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Well someone is butthurt.

https://twitter.com/TheAmirVera/status/1208913438430449665

FYI Eddie Murphy just hosted SNL, giving the show its best rating in weeks, and made jokes at the expense of Bill Cosby. It was not a random potshot though, since decades ago Cosby said that Murphy was a bad influence to black people.

Is a spokesperson paid salary or hourly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I mean, to my knowledge, Eddie Murphy isn't one of the worst serial rapists in American History, but do go on about how he is the bad influence

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

That's exactly the kind of statement I'd expect from a guy that made an entire career out of being "one of the good ones." Cosby thinks every black person other than him is too black.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
That was also the entire point of the Hannibal Buress bit that ended up causing the uproar, it was about how Bill Cosby likes to talk down to other black men but guess what, he's a loving rapist and it's a big open secret.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Baron von Eevl posted:

That was also the entire point of the Hannibal Buress bit that ended up causing the uproar, it was about how Bill Cosby likes to talk down to other black men but guess what, he's a loving rapist and it's a big open secret.

I mean... is it a secret these days? The man is in prison for drugging and sexually assaulting someone. Hard to call that a “secret,” open or otherwise.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

ZombieLenin posted:

I mean... is it a secret these days? The man is in prison for drugging and sexually assaulting someone. Hard to call that a “secret,” open or otherwise.

I think he meant it was an open secret before all the accusations started coming out. There was a real "Ha ha yeah, Cosby is great! Just don't leave your wife or daughter alone around him." vibe in Hollywood for years from what I understand.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I think he meant it was an open secret before all the accusations started coming out. There was a real "Ha ha yeah, Cosby is great! Just don't leave your wife or daughter alone around him." vibe in Hollywood for years from what I understand.

:smith:

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.
Cosby literally had a routine on one of his albums about drugging and taking advantage of women. Seriously. Not a joke.
Look up the 'Spanish Fly' routine from his ironically prophetically named album It's True! It's True!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Kinda makes you think that even in the fictional Cosby Show universe, he was married to super-mom Clair Huxtable, but would never miss a chance to go into extreme detail about how he still wanted to lay hands on former flame Eunice Chantilly.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I'm still stuck on that wording. "The first Black"

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Merry Christmas!

https://nypost.com/2019/12/24/f-k-off-new-yorkers-react-to-being-named-rudest-city-in-america/

Cartoon Man has a new favorite as of 14:08 on Dec 24, 2019

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Well, I am definitely NOT visiting New York now!

jokes on them, I'm too poor to ever even think about going to New York

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I spend a lot of time in New York. They’re “rude” because life is really fast-paced and stressful with how expensive living there is, and the city is full of tourists who treat it as a theme park instead of a place people live. Like packs of Midwestern families with backpacks and paper maps stopping in the middle of the street or inside subway entrances to try and find tourist traps that they don’t realize are miles away.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/DailyMirror/status/1209399549569175552

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Sir Lemming posted:

I'm still stuck on that wording. "The first Black"

Older Black people in the US seem more comfortable with that wording than anyone else except super racist white people. My guess is that Cosby’s publicist is someone of his own generation.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

AlbieQuirky posted:

Older Black people in the US seem more comfortable with that wording than anyone else except super racist white people. My guess is that Cosby’s publicist is someone of his own generation.

I'd say 40s at most?

But as Eddie said, money don't crack.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
To add to the Cosby derail, we should all watch "House of Cosbys"
Ep. 1 - 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbrwRcwtO_k

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

They didn't say if he left alive or dead in the headline so going by the picture I'm guessing the latter

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Looks like the resurrected emperor Palpatine.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Kind of a flip way to announce a wake.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Someone’s trying to pull a “weekend at Bernie’s” with the royal family.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

This is not the zombie apocalypse l was expecting.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gotta keep them kicking. The royal family is a big tourism draw, according to the royal family.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

jojoinnit posted:

I'd say 40s at most?

But as Eddie said, money don't crack.

He’s a boomer at heart, I guess? :shrug:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
A late boomer, you might say

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
You just gotta hold that "FYGM" attitude in your heart to be a boomer.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/bbcnews/status/1209781237444939776?s=21

Gosh, what a terribly unfortunate mistake to make.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

I mean, the state of medical care for incarcerated people is a serious problem, but also this dude won’t be missed.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

AlbieQuirky posted:

I mean, the state of medical care for incarcerated people is a serious problem, but also this dude won’t be missed.

Especially by the people he might have implicated in paedophile rings.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/ashcowburn/status/1210183355544813569?s=21

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Especially by the people he might have implicated in paedophile rings.

You would be surprised by how many non-famous people die in prison because of lovely medical care. I mean, maybe it was a setup, but it happens so often without anybody trying.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

If you know a better hangover cure, I'd like to hear it.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
It's Boxing Day not Foxing Day you buffoon!

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
what the gently caress actually is boxing day

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

razorrozar posted:

Put these gloves on and I’ll show you.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

razorrozar posted:

It's the day you get drunk and watch the first day of the boxing day test match.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

razorrozar posted:

A stat holiday, filled with shopping deals. That's all that matters.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

razorrozar posted:

you put all the poo poo you took out of a box and pretended to like on 12/25 back into a box and return it to a store to trade for something you will dislike less

in this way it resembles the sport "boxing" because getting hit on the hands is less bad than getting hit on the face and if you're in time you can return it

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

razorrozar posted:

It's where you kill guests who have overstayed their welcome, cut them up, and put them in leakproof boxes for disposal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_Day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

razorrozar posted:

It's the 26th of December.