Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Jean Eric Burn posted:

Yeah a low effort way is just make everyone like/hate as many as possible, it makes it so a ton show up to every encounter and you can just make choices on the fly as to what you want.

It's not super efficient but you don't have to stress about it at all.

Trust is like the level 1 relationship and rivalry the level 2. Ultimately you want everyone to be rivals, but to get that option you first have to make trust relationships. So you basically just always take trust or rivalry options that are presented, never take ones that eliminate those relationships. Try to be strategic about interrogations, it's usually better to release someone than to interrogate since interrogation drops their rank and also imprisoned people can't show up in encounters (trust and rivalry can only come from multi-person encounters).

The one exception I can think of to taking the rivalry option is sometimes you get the option to strip all ranks from one person, give them to another, and the two become rivals. Don't take this if it's gonna derank someone with high value rewards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
It's also better to not kill Catarina if you get a fully set up board, especially the further on we get into the league and her drops go down in value.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vasudus posted:

Yeah, I might just get a 6L 85+ Astral from somewhere and plop a Crusader's Exalted Orb on it. It would be cheaper than getting the base myself.

The bleed explosions can also be replicated in the meantime with Haemophilia, and I can still go low-key Impale to stack up phys damage for my bleeds. I won't run the jewel, but I can hit 100% impale easily for 7 stack Impales and Master of Metal procs. 36-48 flat phys is pretty good.

And of course, the always-on fortify.

edit: 3ex for an ilevel 100 Astral, 2.5ex for a Crusader's Exalted Orb. 85+ 6L Crusader bases going for 8ex.

I might be wrong, but I thought impale didn't buff bleeds?

E: Right, champion gets flat phys from impale, never mind me

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
I uh, figured out that popcorn skeletons are pointless for single target unless you get a LOT of minion life from somewhere, and there really isn't any way to do that. Their default attack is just too strong. Like, more than twice the DPS without changing my skill tree.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Social Media posted:

if you mouse over the watchstone holder boxes on your atlas, you'll see how many watchstones need to be socketed to spawn the next elderslayer. you're probably at the point where you need to be putting 2 watchstones in a region to keep getting encounters

Ok and then i need to run maps in that region or maps in that region that match the new tier which of course they dont since i just doubled them up?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

McFrugal posted:

I uh, figured out that popcorn skeletons are pointless for single target unless you get a LOT of minion life from somewhere, and there really isn't any way to do that. Their default attack is just too strong. Like, more than twice the DPS without changing my skill tree.

yup, infernal legion + minion instability is viable for the acts and white/yellow maps but you wanna switch to letting them live when you get serious about optimizing

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Ok and then i need to run maps in that region or maps in that region that match the new tier which of course they dont since i just doubled them up?

Yes, the maps you run need to match the new tier shown on the Atlas. It's possible you may have some if you've been running higher tier maps in other regions that are connected to the region you want, since that will be in the drop rules.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

TheRat posted:

I might be wrong, but I thought impale didn't buff bleeds?

E: Right, champion gets flat phys from impale, never mind me

Yeah, the primary perk of Gladiator (Challenger Charges) is basically wasted on bleeds. Only need one stack to stick. The Master of Metal procs would up my phys by a fair amount which is a good consolation prize to getting the fortify. Replicate the explosions w/ a Crusader chest and Haemophilia for 8% explosions as opposed to the 10% from gladiator. My bow has bleed chance on there so I’m pretty much set.

poo poo, I think I just talked myself into doing it. Whatever, it’ll be good.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

whypick1 posted:

Yes, the maps you run need to match the new tier shown on the Atlas. It's possible you may have some if you've been running higher tier maps in other regions that are connected to the region you want, since that will be in the drop rules.

No, i dont have them i just opened the region up.
So i have to put 2 stones in there, then hope for neighbouring maps to drop high enough for the map region with 2 stones (while at the same time i have to de-stone one region which means white maps are back on the menu) and then run the 2-stone-region-maps until the rear end in a top hat shows up and i can slap him for a new stone, right?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I think it's going to be hard to make a bad build with Champion and a 3% explode chest.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Yolomon Wayne posted:

No, i dont have them i just opened the region up.
So i have to put 2 stones in there, then hope for neighbouring maps to drop high enough for the map region with 2 stones (while at the same time i have to de-stone one region which means white maps are back on the menu) and then run the 2-stone-region-maps until the rear end in a top hat shows up and i can slap him for a new stone, right?

all you need to do is put 2 stones in then run maps of the same tier or higher than the maps in that area, because you've already completed some of those maps when they were white maps and so they're eligible to drop anywhere. you can get high-tier maps from zana or trading to start the process and once you get rolling and have 2 or more regions at the same watchstone level sustaining is very easy.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'm level 91.5 and running T16 maps and I'm still on 5/6 trials RIP me

I didn't need the movespeed/block% from offerings anyway

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Are you SSF? If not just get the trial from 820.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vasudus posted:

Yeah, the primary perk of Gladiator (Challenger Charges) is basically wasted on bleeds. Only need one stack to stick. The Master of Metal procs would up my phys by a fair amount which is a good consolation prize to getting the fortify. Replicate the explosions w/ a Crusader chest and Haemophilia for 8% explosions as opposed to the 10% from gladiator. My bow has bleed chance on there so I’m pretty much set.

poo poo, I think I just talked myself into doing it. Whatever, it’ll be good.

The explode chest is more than enough because it triggers itself (which haemo on glad doesnt).

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Insurrectionist posted:

My personal 'best' is lvl95 before I got the final trial xD

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Insurrectionist posted:

It’s like 1000+ ES every .7 seconds

It’s pretty good

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Insurrectionist posted:

just lol at the idea of not picking that one up first so you can zoom thru the acts

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I'll only be able to play this next year, what are the good melee starting builds that people figured out? Or can I start as a Bow Champion with some skill no problem?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

My build doesn't gain much from the last ascendancy so I haven't bothered with the lab yet. Well that and I failed it the one time I could be bothered to try.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Dec 24, 2019

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

quote:

Asenath's Chant is a very fun item now.

I was looking at that earlier and trying to figure out what to combine it with on my CA Trickster that I'm still leveling. It's basically a Maloney's Mechanism for 2c for this specific build, so there has to be something good to use it for. Something like Soulrend->Curse on Hit->Despair->???? seems like it'd work. What'd you end up putting in it?

e: Bane would work nicely if this build had multiple curses too.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

TheRat posted:

My personal 'best' is lvl95 before I got the final trial xD

The highest I've ever taken a character is 92. :negative:

That said my worst for both an exalted drop and all the trials is 91.

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
This is the first time I've had no idea what to price an item at. The only other amulet/talisman that has anywhere near the same stats also has life and added phys damage, and is listed for 12ex. There isn't another one I can find with double crit multi and resists/ES

Bagpuss_UK fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Dec 25, 2019

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

How would I price a pure offensive jewel like this?

Searching at trade is a bit cumbersome, as at least I didn't notice how to make broader "pseudo" stat strings like "30+ crit multi from wherever" etc, and exact same set of mods results at one hit.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You have to search for melee builds that use axes and care about crit. Which ... idk. Disfavor cyclone ?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

lol, anyone wanna buy a headhunter? had one drop in a DNT unique map t15 last night and they go for loving insane price

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

tithin posted:

lol, anyone wanna buy a headhunter? had one drop in a DNT unique map t15 last night and they go for loving insane price

You can't fool me OP death and taxes doesn't drop any items, my lootfilter always tells me so

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I'm guessing the HH came from an Incubator, because there shouldn't be any way for it drop in that map otherwise.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
any summoners ever taken 2 clayshapers for 4 carrion golems?
im thinking this could qork out nicely, although you miss out on +2 to all minions from not having wands...

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

whypick1 posted:

I'm guessing the HH came from an Incubator, because there shouldn't be any way for it drop in that map otherwise.

It's a trick. No one willingly does DNT.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I did it as a summoner

had to unsummon all my poo poo to get the dumbass to follow me, it was otherwise painless, even at t15.

whypick1 posted:

I don't remember if I had an incubator on or not tbh

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I had DNT drop in DNT today.

It's trying to trap me forever inside a chain of DNTs.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I was browsing poe.nina and came across eirikeiken's character. It looks like it is going to involve a ridiculous amount of storm calls.
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/c9q9md/eirikeiken?i=1&search=skill%3DVaal-Storm-Call

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Filthy Monkey posted:

I was browsing poe.nina and came across eirikeiken's character. It looks like it is going to involve a ridiculous amount of storm calls.
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/c9q9md/eirikeiken?i=1&search=skill%3DVaal-Storm-Call

But why?

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Bagpuss_UK posted:

This is the first time I've had no idea what to price an item at. The only other amulet/talisman that has anywhere near the same stats also has life and added phys damage, and is listed for 12ex. There isn't another one I can find with double crit multi and resists/ES

Someone more knowledgeable can help but to be honest with anointing passives, talismans are kind of lovely except while you're leveling or something. In most cases an anointed passive will do more for your build and you can't anoint talismans. That said I didn't take that close a look at it so maybe it's worth something.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
That absolutely isn't worth 12ex or anywhere near it. It's not *bad* but the fact that it's a talisman locks you in to whatever you've got. The really expensive and good talismans you see are typically made beforehand and transformed via Rigwald in Research.

edit: Does anybody have experience using one of the new exalts? I'm seeing a shortcut to getting a 6L Crusader Astral Plate by getting an Astral for 3ex and an orb for 3ex but I don't know if it permanently gives it Crusader influence. I want to say that of course it does but it's too expensive to gently caress around with for science.

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Dec 25, 2019

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Clocks posted:

Someone more knowledgeable can help but to be honest with anointing passives, talismans are kind of lovely except while you're leveling or something. In most cases an anointed passive will do more for your build and you can't anoint talismans. That said I didn't take that close a look at it so maybe it's worth something.

Basically this. As well, this has two open suffixes that you cant do anything about, and one of the affixes (crit chance) is pretty worthless. You can probably get something for this, but it's ultimately not worth much because it is totally non-viable for mid-late end game.

Grey Face
Mar 31, 2017
Not really feeling this cyclone guardian summoner, what are some good "classic" builds for this league? I've only ever seriously played (as in endgame) this character and a necro in blight so not much will be stale to me.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Grey Face posted:

Not really feeling this cyclone guardian summoner, what are some good "classic" builds for this league? I've only ever seriously played (as in endgame) this character and a necro in blight so not much will be stale to me.

How much currency do you have?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Anybody got a particular Necro build they're into and they'd like to link? I know there are a ton out there, but the one I was using sort of fell apart while the author was updating it and I'd like to have a good framework to shoot for, now that I've got some levels and some currency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8H3TdWH2L8

Whelp Animate Guardian is good.