Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I assume this is a dumb question, but if you were doing that sort of thing on a regular basis for any appreciable amount of time, why wouldn't you buy some light chainmail gloves? Sooner or later your concentration is going to slip, and so will your fingers.

I use a pretty big scary bandsaw most everyday and would be much more scared to run it with gloves of any sort vs. bare hands. I know where all my fingers are at all times, but I don't know where all the parts of the glove are, and with the big teeth on the blades I run, I think the result would be catching the glove and pulling my hand further into the blade Maybe chainmail would save my hand, but even a woodworking blade is more than capable of cutting thin steel. As far as 'big industrial saws' go, bandsaws are definitely one of the safest as there is no real risk of kickback 98% of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Shut up Meg posted:

Remember when this guy was the bad guy?

That aged worse than the scenes where the middle-aged Ghostbuster professors were trying to hit on their freshmen students

Ivan Reitman made the EPA the real villain of Ghostbusters on purpose and he’s on the record saying that he did it to inspire new generations of libertarians.

Bear that in mind as you reflect on the (actually really excellent) 2016 remake.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Icon Of Sin posted:

It’s been a while since we checked in with Swift, let's see how things are going!

(Found on Imgur)

Oh.

Could be worse one of the line haul drivers at my job nearly caught his trailers on fire coming in, considering this happened two days - https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/la-stringer-fedex-truck-filled-with-gifts-catches-fire/2280038/

Doing better than UPS at least. :shrug:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

GotLag posted:

What he's cutting out is the deer

Also Jesus Christ no wonder that gif is taking so long to load it's 150 MB

Link gifv versions instead for the love of god
https://i.imgur.com/c27NprK.gifv

His ring looks too tight. Thats the osha.

drat the finished product looks dope!

Re chainmail gloves: I feel like a tooth would catch a ring and then pull one's hand in further.
Is there such a thing as the flesh detector, or whatever they have for table saws that stops the blade for band saws?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Chainmail gloves are great if you're a rookie at shucking oysters.

Buying oysters in a landlocked state breastaurant should be an osha violation of its' own though.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
Yeah they get kind of a bullish taste once they've made the trip up to the Rockies.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I shucked them in Tennessee when I cooked in a titstaurant. They were... not the freshest.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Chainmail gloves are great if you're a rookie at shucking oysters.

Buying oysters in a landlocked state breastaurant should be an osha violation of its' own though.

Do they even sell oysters at hooters?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't know if they do... anymore.

But yes, while I worked there, they did. That's been some years now.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/a0MboEY.gifv

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

wesleywillis posted:

His ring looks too tight. Thats the osha.

drat the finished product looks dope!

Re chainmail gloves: I feel like a tooth would catch a ring and then pull one's hand in further.
Is there such a thing as the flesh detector, or whatever they have for table saws that stops the blade for band saws?

sawstop uses change in electrical resistance to detect human flesh as opposed to wood. for meat processing band saws it would have to be pretty sophisticated to distinguish between meat and meat

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

Basketweaving class would have got me this?

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I use a pretty big scary bandsaw most everyday and would be much more scared to run it with gloves of any sort vs. bare hands. I know where all my fingers are at all times, but I don't know where all the parts of the glove are

This is pretty much why I don’t bother with gloves on the rare occasion that I need to run a press brake (our primary operator who runs it on a daily basis does, tho). The press brake doesn’t give a gently caress whether I’m wearing gloves or not, my hand is gonna be pudding either way if things go to poo poo.

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Yea it's been explained to me that I should avoid gloves with shop tools unless I'm told to use them on it. Exceptions for handling sharp metal edges of course. But generally I only use gloves when moving things. Not working on them.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH

Is there a name for this "item"? I feel it should have a name?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

electrobezoar

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Broadbandyfloss?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Supradog posted:

It's a cat and it's hairball.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I shucked them in Tennessee when I cooked in a titstaurant. They were... not the freshest.

Fun fact: oysters and lobster were super cheap food for the coastal poor until cheap ice and refrigeration let them be transported across the country. When an Arizona mining town saloon could put out oysters on ice, they became a rich person’s luxury good.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Supradog posted:

FUBAugeR

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

grillster posted:

Basketweaving class would have got me this?

A basket made of optical fiber

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
Cablebezoar?

schmug
May 20, 2007

Jenny Agutter posted:

sawstop uses change in electrical resistance to detect human flesh as opposed to wood. for meat processing band saws it would have to be pretty sophisticated to distinguish between meat and meat

There is actually a company that makes something similar for band saws. Not sure how it works. Maybe they run a current thru it and when it senses resistance(the rubber glove) it stops? Dunno, but it's pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrZghWdutFs

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

the other saw stopping thing uses capacitance, but since these are already used to cut meat there would necessarily need to be another mechanism to discern which meat is which, most likely having an electrode contacting your skin

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

zedprime posted:

The internet is pretty great as a whole. But there's all these pictures of really exotic truck fuckling. Truck fuckling at really impressive angles. Truck fuckling with really unobtainably good looking trucks. Even violent truck fuckling. It's really starting to ruin my truck fuckling experiences in real life because of the shifted expectations.

From a few pages back.

As someone who has ritualistically caught up on this thread during the holidays.

I found it, I'm good.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Supradog posted:

Bundled land line fiber internet deal :homebrew:

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

chitoryu12 posted:

Fun fact: oysters and lobster were super cheap food for the coastal poor until cheap ice and refrigeration let them be transported across the country. When an Arizona mining town saloon could put out oysters on ice, they became a rich person’s luxury good.

When my grandma was a kid if they had lobster sandwiches for lunch at school they'd basically go hide to eat because children are cruel and if they caught someone eating a lobster sandwich they were picked on something fierce. You had to be dirt poor for that.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

Mistle posted:

Bundled land line fiber internet deal :homebrew:

Timmy this is what money looks like when you pull it back up out of the ground

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Supradog posted:

Tosheroonternet

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

That Dang Lizard posted:

Also to heed the bushfire alert messages and evacuate ASAP if need be, because you don't want to get caught in something like this (fire becomes visible at ~1:50, poo poo gets scary at about 2:07):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIHIsSJ2Txk

Mild OSHA: we had a fire drill this week (unannounced, so treated as a real fire). At the end of year company briefing today the chief fire warden gave a short presentation on how that went, and one of the problems which was discussed: a unnamed staff member figured out it was a drill and refused to leave the building when ordered by fire wardens. We had to be reminded that yes, fire drills are mandatory.

Omg wow

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

GotLag posted:

Broadbandyfloss?

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Tosheroonternet

These are both very good.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I used to work in a small-midsize public arena/convention center and our best ever time for getting people out when someone set the alarm off was a little over 20 minutes, and that was for only like 200 people.

The public is insanely dumb and stubborn.

Rent-A-Cop fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Dec 25, 2019

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

grillster posted:

Yeah they get kind of a bullish taste once they've made the trip up to the Rockies.

I want to let you know I really appreciate this. Sincerely.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Rent-A-Cop posted:

I used to work in a small-midsize public arena/convention center and or best ever time for getting people out was like 20 minutes.

People are insanely dumb and stubborn.
Watch the PBS documentary on the fire in Paradise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3OX1PR2SCM

The woman who couldn't convince her mother she was in danger and needed to evacuate, so left without her :cry:

Super OSHA: the poor 911 operators who had to listen to people burning to death over and over and over :smith:

If i ever have to evacuate, i can cut a fence and drive straight west to the river cross country. If i ever have to evacuate north, east, or south, i'm hosed

Powershift fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Dec 25, 2019

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Powershift posted:

Watch the PBS documentary on the fire in Paradise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3OX1PR2SCM

The woman who couldn't convince her mother she was in danger and needed to evacuate, so left without her :cry:

Super OSHA: the poor 911 operators who had to listen to people burning to death over and over and over :smith:

If i ever have to evacuate, i can cut a fence and drive straight west to the river cross country. If i ever have to evacuate north, east, or south, i'm hosed

I remember a YouTube video where the guy pans over a skeleton sitting in a car and says it was his neighbor who refused to leave without putting her makeup on first

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

One of the only firms at the Word Trade Center to take evacuations seriously was Morgan Stanley, thanks mostly to head of security Rick Rescorla and his security staff. Rescorla drilled everyone on evacuations and on 9/11, after the first plane hit Tower 2, disregarded a stay in place order and evacuated Morgan Stanley from tower 1 and WTC 5.

When the second plane hit, Morgan Stanley was mostly already evacuated from the building, and only suffered 10 casualties, Rick Rescorla and most of his security staff among them.

If you think you should evacuate, and you safely can, loving go.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Azhais posted:

https://www.mnaxe.com/

One of these just opened up by my house, didn't seem like there were any regulatory delays. Insurance just don't care!

I assume you're referring to the one in the theater. I went to the to see a movie a few weeks ago and saw that it was there It seems crazy how there is only a non-enforceable waiver and you can get hammered and go nuts with an axe.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Better than getting axed and going nuts with a hammer. Probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Smiling Jack posted:

One of the only firms at the Word Trade Center to take evacuations seriously was Morgan Stanley, thanks mostly to head of security Rick Rescorla and his security staff. Rescorla drilled everyone on evacuations and on 9/11, after the first plane hit Tower 2, disregarded a stay in place order and evacuated Morgan Stanley from tower 1 and WTC 5.

When the second plane hit, Morgan Stanley was mostly already evacuated from the building, and only suffered 10 casualties, Rick Rescorla and most of his security staff among them.

If you think you should evacuate, and you safely can, loving go.

Those people didn't die. They were relocated to the government camps to be, ummm shall we say, "re-educated". The Children were divided up into two groups. One was given a full dose of vaccines to induce autism in them, while the others were sold to the globalist elite pizza-pedophile rings. Adults were given mind control injections and are currently on loan to the Russian military for training in Siberia for the purposes of being turned in to special agents for the illuminati, when they finally decide to reveal themselves and take over the world. There'll be nothing we can do to stop it because these mind controlled so called "victims" of 9/11 will be super soldiers trained in the most deadly forms of hand to hand combat and backed by the weaponry of the illuminati, and other secret government super weapons like the HAARP facility that can set off Earthquakes and Tsunamis.

In other words, George Bush Jr is still loving us, long after he left office.
Visit my website at https://www.informationbattles.com to learn more.