Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Please just stop.

Edit: Directed at Postess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Yeah I'll unsub for a few months, ttyl

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Postess with the Mostest posted:

Yeah I'll unsub for a few months, ttyl

Bye!

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
Forever would be preferable to a few months, take it into consideration at least.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

Forever would be preferable to a few months, take it into consideration at least.

I feel like you, specifically, should not be throwing any kinds of stones regarding people leaving forever

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
Severe depression and constant suicidal thoughts are very different from being an outright hateful bigot.

One of those things can be treated chemically and the other would be gone by this point, after like a decade of posting on this site, if it was ever going to go away.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

Not in favour. If Postess leaves I might end up with the role of rural scapegoat. There's no way I can keep up with you urbane, woke city dwellers. Besides, my F250 isn't lifted, 4wd, and I don't even have trucknutz on it.

Have to admit, these have a certain appeal: https://cybertrucknuts.net/

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Hey now, I'm pretty sure the words "rural genocide" haven't been uttered since CI's parachute got banned

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I don't really understand what just happened, can anyone let me know?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]
Yes PWTM was being his usual transphobic poo poo and we told him to :getout:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Sep 9, 2022

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Okay the bad man is gone, lets get back to acknowledging that the world is ending.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Totally cool and healthy that the oil and gas industry is apparently basically a religion in this country.

Lamest doomsday cult ever.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
"The children must be sacrificed to appease the dread lord Deogorah, lest his endless wrath tear the world asunder." <- Cool, exciting.

"Profits have increased 3.4% this quarter, and we will be issuing a special dividend to shareholders." <- Lame, boring.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
We're sacrificing our children and generations unborn at the altar of Mammon, I don't know what else you want.

I guess we could make an actual graven image, an F-150 drenched in blood and tar atop a pile of skulls.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Dec 24, 2019

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos

vyelkin posted:

My mom was/is an ardent second-wave feminist and still considers herself a feminist but has a really hard time with third-wave feminism and is basically completely lost when it comes to fourth-wave issues and new research showing just how culturally-constructed gender divisions are. It's absolutely a generational thing where both groups understand themselves as feminists but are fighting different battles in different languages with less overlap than you might think given that both fit within the umbrella of feminism.

You mean to say boomer white feminist perspectives aren't all feminist perspectives, oh golly jeepers.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Defenistrator posted:

You mean to say boomer white feminist perspectives aren't all feminist perspectives, oh golly jeepers.

it's almost like there was some fight about this in feminism already, some black women getting together and starting a third wave or something

I can't remember what it is, though!

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

infernal machines posted:

We're sacrificing our children and generations unborn at the altar of Mammon, I don't know what else you want.

I guess we could make an actual graven image, an F-150 drenched in blood and tar atop a pile of skulls.

Please, everyone knows that child sacrifice is the domain of Moloch.

Also, I love The Modern Moloch and how it still applies today.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Today I had gently caress all to do at work so I was watching the office TV and getting depressed at the state of the country. I decided to start planning my getaway for this summer and looked at national parks. I don't know where I want to go yet but I just need to unplug and hide somewhere for a few days. If I stay in Ontario I want to go to Killarney Park, if I leave the province I'd like to see the Cabot Trail or somewhere else I could go hiking. Does anyone else get that wanderlust and do you have any suggestions on where to run off to?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Arcsquad12 posted:

Today I had gently caress all to do at work so I was watching the office TV and getting depressed at the state of the country. I decided to start planning my getaway for this summer and looked at national parks. I don't know where I want to go yet but I just need to unplug and hide somewhere for a few days. If I stay in Ontario I want to go to Killarney Park, if I leave the province I'd like to see the Cabot Trail or somewhere else I could go hiking. Does anyone else get that wanderlust and do you have any suggestions on where to run off to?

Today is typically the busiest day of the year in retail pharmacy and we are short staffed and I hate you so much right now for being bored at work while I work a 10 hour no lunch no break shift.

Also visit Gros Morne in Newfoundland. Its like visiting another planet.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Furnaceface posted:

Today is typically the busiest day of the year in retail pharmacy and we are short staffed and I hate you so much right now for being bored at work while I work a 10 hour no lunch no break shift.

Exactly the reason I got out of retail and associated jobs. I sympathize, I really do. That poo poo is terrible and you deserve and need a lot more than what they're giving you.

I'll put Gros Morne on the list.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Arcsquad12 posted:

Plenty of good hiking out on the west coast and in the Rockies. Neat to see and touch a glacier while you still can too.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Coxswain Balls posted:

Please, everyone knows that child sacrifice is the domain of Moloch.

Also, I love The Modern Moloch and how it still applies today.

Clicked expecting a firearm

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

Furnaceface posted:

I'll second Gros Morne. Newfoundland is a nice place to visit, the people were friendly, decent food, good beer.

Wapusk would be neat, I always thought going north into the wilderness for a week or so would be neat.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Furnaceface posted:

Pretty sure you can see the oil sands from space now, and its kind of terrifying.
Come now, all sorts of environmental disasters are visible from space! All sorts of strip mines like the one near Flin Flon, or that huge coal scar between Cologne and Aachen. The insane checkerboard of clearcut trees that makes up most of BC (see the Thompson Plateau NW of Kamloops for a great example). The giant red tailings pond near Stade, Germany. Whatever we're calling the bed of the Aral Sea.

Our species will gently caress anything up given the chance.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Also that whole ice cap thing.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Riding Mountain MB is great, never seen so much wildlife in the span of hours, all within a few feet of camp.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The Butcher posted:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

A crime against god and nature

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Woah woah I will not have you slander our Lord and Savior Tim Hortens.

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

The Butcher posted:

Just a few more years and this one might be out of sight forever.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/PierrePoilievre/status/1209269359451000832

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Apparently I got my mom to vote NDP last election. :D

She was like, "Well the Liberals told me they couldn't help me, and well Raenir said he was voting NDP so I voted NDP."

My mom's also a small business owner, it's actually funny because when I remarked that I'm happy she didn't prioritize taxbreaks on herself her answer was hilarious. "I don't need tax breaks I make my own. :black101:"

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Trudeau senior was actually a really good writer. I've got a book of his letters and stuff that's been kicking around forever.

This bit has always stuck with me:

quote:

What sets a canoeing expedition apart is that it purifies you more rapidly and inescapably than any other. Travel a thousand miles by train and you are a brute; pedal five hundred on a bicycle and you remain basically a bourgeois; paddle a hundred in a canoe and you are already a child of nature.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
I can never think of pierre elliot trudeau without thinking of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PphF-ucDXC8

If anything, Justin comes off outright humble in comparison.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
trudeau dressed as black jesus for christmas

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

RBC posted:

trudeau dressed as black jesus for christmas

Which Trudeau?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

There's a pretty good bit about Trudeau Sr in Canoe Country. Guy was loving reckless/fearless AF in a canoe.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Wow!! this loving sucks!!

https://twitter.com/PierrePoilievre/status/1209590067062280193

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Six minutes I'm not wasting thanks