Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

SettingSun posted:

Lucky them. I’m not one of the people who got an early shipment so I’m looking at a Jan-Feb delivery timeframe.

the people getting it now are Americans who just backed for the new expansion only. the rest of the world and anyone who got add ons are delayed, according to the kickstarter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
The only Lacerda game I've managed to play is Lisboa and I loved it & can't wait to try his other stuff.

Wonder how it compares to On Mars.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The Eyes Have It posted:

The only Lacerda game I've managed to play is Lisboa and I loved it & can't wait to try his other stuff.

Same. It's very beautiful.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

That fuckin tablecloth

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
My eyes!

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

silvergoose posted:

That fuckin tablecloth

It's beautiful but I can't imagine playing a mostly blue board game on it.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Buck Wildman posted:

the people getting it now are Americans who just backed for the new expansion only. the rest of the world and anyone who got add ons are delayed, according to the kickstarter

Hmm, I backed only the new expansion and haven’t gotten a shipping notice. Friend backed it and the new map mats, both SE US.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I’m uh mid-northeast coast and it came in last Friday from a weird distributor that had some dude’s proper name instead of like a company so who knows how that rollout is working.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

The Eyes Have It posted:

The person who taught me On Mars said that in terms of feel, On Mars is quite close to Lisboa. So probably you’ll like them both.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Buck Wildman posted:

This is the Underworld expansion for Root, correct? My copy came in yesterday, and I only got the expansion.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

American here, I ordered the Root expansion and the replacement boards, and I haven't gotten a shipping notice yet.

Also, my CSI order has apparently been on a truck coming from a neighboring state since Thursday, with an original delivery date of last Friday, which is now a delivery date of 'Pending'. Looks like my order of Bus + Dune + Porta Nigra + Heart of Crown expansion has gone missing. Cool. I'll give it until the day after Christmas to bother the people at CSI about it.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

What is HEART OF CROWN EXPANSION? Sounds anime

Got Quest for El Dorado and promo cards for Christmas! I can fit Blue Lagoon, Modern Art, Battle Line, and Lost Cities Rivals in this box with it.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

al-azad posted:

Put yourself in the path of the birds, along the river, lizard gardens, or just areas where players move a lot. Once you get a stronghold out it kind of becomes a rollercoaster as it's easy to poo poo out sympathy at that point and people are hesitant to fight WA warriors without overwhelming opposition. Once I had a single dude defend a stronghold from 4 separate attacks, it was glorious.

I guess I meant what if opponents key in on your sympathy tokens so early and aggressively that you can’t manage to revolt and put down a base? I guess you can always try to revolt in an empty forgotten clearing and forego the bonus of removing tokens.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Bottom Liner posted:

Got Quest for El Dorado and promo cards for Christmas! I can fit Blue Lagoon, Modern Art, Battle Line, and Lost Cities Rivals in this box with it.

It is an ANIME PRINCESS GAME that is definitely for my daughters, and not me, a grown man.

It's pretty fun!

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

What are you doing with those empty boxes, you dumping them space hoggers?

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Breaking out a classic Euro

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

drat, that's way cooler looking than the one I had as a kid.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Quixotic1 posted:

What are you doing with those empty boxes, you dumping them space hoggers?

Sometimes I do. I have Ra and Through the Desert in one box but I kept TTD’s because it’s a really old printing. I kept Battle Lines because the art is nice and it’s a good size for taking 2-3 card only games too. A lot of my gaming is out of the house and I travel with games a lot so I’m always combing for ease of transport more than storage space savings.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

This is awesome!

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Jewmanji posted:

I guess I meant what if opponents key in on your sympathy tokens so early and aggressively that you can’t manage to revolt and put down a base? I guess you can always try to revolt in an empty forgotten clearing and forego the bonus of removing tokens.

Every token lost is a card earned. Ideally you want people to come to you so they pay twice.

The balance is trickier with the expansion races because they have a crap ton of warriors that can enact martial law, but generally speaking the Lizards and Moles never want to give up their cards because their whole game revolves around cycling through them, Otters benefit more from selling their cards, and Vagabond scores more points aiding than giving away to squash sympathy. Cat usually has decent crafting ability so they're 50/50 on paying outrage so that leaves the Eyrie as the WA's natural enemy. Corvids are the strongest against WA because majority of their warriors are placed rather than moved, but Corvids remove their warriors as part of their scoring mechanism. Ironically corvid and WA have a lot of synergy going because the corvid plot "raid" is their fastest way to get new warriors on the board and if they place it in the same clearings as sympathy then it'll pop off when a stronghold appears, and naturally moving to attack the plot will trigger outrage.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Bottom Liner posted:

I can fit Blue Lagoon, Modern Art, Battle Line, and Lost Cities Rivals in this box with it.

Oink Modern Art is cheating when boasting about space saving :mad:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Agent Rush posted:

This is the Underworld expansion for Root, correct? My copy came in yesterday, and I only got the expansion.

yep, I also got the upgrade kit and bot boards so rip me

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

I remember that game. My grammie had it, or a slightly later version.

In hindsight, turns out it sucks.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Magnetic North posted:

I remember that game. My grammie had it, or a slightly later version.

In hindsight, turns out it sucks.

Nah, you just don't understand the meta

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Bottom Liner posted:

Azul vs. Estates: both can fit in one box. Which box do you keep? :getin:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Trick question. You keep Tiny Towns but put it in the Millennium Blades Expansion box :getout:

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

Got Imhotep as a gift and turns out it fits in the Chex box, along with Evolution Climate in there, too!

It's my big box of better alternatives to what my family wants to play.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
You could fit a game store in the Chex box.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

If the other Queen winsome games had boards that actually fit in their boxes (it’s really bizarre that they don’t), you could fit Chex, German railways, Kansas pacific, and Irish gauge inside the Chex box. I do like that capstone actually decided to make appropriate boxes for both Irish gauge, bus, and climbers. Of course the rest of their lineup has the typical giant box phenomenon.

Bottom Liner posted:

Trick question. You keep Tiny Towns but put it in the Millennium Blades Expansion box :getout:
But that already has codenames and codenames duet.

I now realize what I must do to satisfy the dissonance of tiny towns: I must place it inside LMABR. Now that’s a tiny town

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Played Monickers with some family (SUSD version). I wasn't sure what to expect from it, but we really had quite a lot of fun with it, more than expected.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Any must-have 2 player game recommendations? Monopoly Deal is great but shuffling can be a bitch, too often you will draw similar cards one after the other. Gaia Project is fun but without more than 2 players, the galaxy can feel empty and it can be like running into a stone wall when it comes to upgrading to trading stations as you just don't have enough neighbours to lower the cost. Scythe seems like fun but with two players, you run into the issue of the map feeling sparse and empty and the threat of conflict not being much cause for concern.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

All of our favorite 2p games. Most of these are very affordable too.

Patchwork

Battle Line/Air Land & Sea

Targi

7 Wonders Duel

Blue Lagoon (2-4)

Dominion (best at 2)

Race for the Galaxy (also best at 2)

Battlecon

The Fox in the Forest

Jaipur

Lost Cities Rivals

Onitama

Tash Kalar

Valley of the Kings

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

All good choices. I'm going to add Raptor, Santorini, and Sonar/Sonar Family, the two or four player version of Captain Sonar.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Watergate is turning into my favorite lite crunchy 2p.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

How does it compare to 13 Days?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Napoleon’s Triumph and Go are the absolute must-haves of 2P games.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Santorini is a top notch two player game.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

My wife loves playing Tiny Towns with me. Played with the cards variant there's zero interaction, which is a plus for some.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Chill la Chill posted:

Napoleon’s Triumph and Go are the absolute must-haves of 2P games.

Shogi too, if you have even a passing enjoyment of chess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I have not played 13 days so I couldn’t say.

Also my family has been playing a poo poo load of Modern Art and I think I’m just going to use this in groups of 5 since it’s easy to grasp and keeps everyone engaged the whole time.