Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I think there's also a bit of shared solidarity in that, on some level, they're the only two that'll understand even a bit of each others experiences as someone from Earth-without-Australia thrown into the deep end of Throne politics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

it also seems like there's a very good chance that she has not actually thought "what happens after i rescue zaid" through at all

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I figure this is basically the scenario most people are assuming yes

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1209539698386972672?s=19

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Bara Christmas, to one and all

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Concur with Operant, go see Knives Out.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

FINE Zoss I will make my own damned coffee!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
I hope everyone’s been good or else Zoss won’t cut creation into your room tonight to shove a fragment of the true name of god into your soggy mortal cranium

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Powerful Dad Energy

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Powerful Daddy Energy

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Its gonna be a laff when it comes time for Alison to hand over the key of kings to Zaid. Sure that'll happen.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'm starting to wonder if she even can transfer the key to another mortal or if the attempt could cause explosions.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I still stand by my assumption that the key itself just contains the secret name of God "I".

And hence it doesn't give you any extra power, just helps you be your best self. Give it away all you want, Zoss didn't need it to be the first badass in throne and Allison won't need it to be the second.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Final panel plot twist: the secret name of God is Marmaduke and this all happens in the Marmaduke extended universe

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Final panel plot twist: the secret name of God is Marmaduke and this all happens in the Marmaduke extended universe

You just need to spell it backwards.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Kwyndig posted:

I'm starting to wonder if she even can transfer the key to another mortal or if the attempt could cause explosions.

I mean shes gotta be able too, Zoss did. The point I think is that she won't. Its the reason why Maya's student is part of the pursuers... Alison won't flee the sword and become a noodle vendor.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
I did not know I needed a picture of Zoss in all his intensity kicking back and drinking coffee until I saw it, it seems Royalty also includes the ability to say “gently caress it, I’m off the clock” and commit to that.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

royalty is acting as you wish

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I think there's also a bit of shared solidarity in that, on some level, they're the only two that'll understand even a bit of each others experiences as someone from Earth-without-Australia thrown into the deep end of Throne politics

...earth without Australia?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Tree Bucket posted:

...earth without Australia?
It's canonical that Allison's Earth is almost exactly like ours, but Australia doesn't exist.

How this works is never explained.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Is it canonical?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

MadDogMike posted:

I did not know I needed a picture of Zoss in all his intensity kicking back and drinking coffee until I saw it, it seems Royalty also includes the ability to say “gently caress it, I’m off the clock” and commit to that.

Royalty is not checking your work emails or setting an Out Of Office.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

pseudorandom name posted:

Is it canonical?

It may have been a joke on Abbadon's part but at the very least Allison's Earth isn't our Earth, just very similar.

https://killsixbilliondemons.tumblr.com/post/138745829990/i-assume-the-fossil-record-and-evolutionary posted:

Each world in the Wheel is like a story being told by the gods. Some stories have giant, expansive universes, like ours. Some are just a single world, with no limits or boundaries. Some are worlds are flat and held up on the back of a turtle, or moebius strips. Some are an ocean that has no bottom.

Theoretically, the only life that exists in creation comes directly from the Flame Immortal. Man exists as directly from God’s image, so in a sense, creationism is real in the KSBD universe. But who knows what God or Gods created our Earth? Maybe the story they’re telling is subtle and different.

I’ve mentioned this in the monthly patreon hangouts, but Allison isn’t actually from our Earth, canonically. She is from an Earth almost exactly like ours, except Australia doesn’t exist.

(I’m only half serious about the last one)

YaketySass fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Dec 25, 2019

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Allison comes from an Earth where the comic "Kill Six Billion Demons" does not exist.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Who What Now posted:

Allison comes from an Earth where the comic "Kill Six Billion Demons" does not exist.

It exists, but the protagonist is Allison from Strong Female Protagonist.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
And Strong Female Protagonist there is a good comic, because it's Allison is from It Hurts!!

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Please, i made this thread so i could escape strong female protagonist

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Haven't heard about that one since it went on a :airquote: "hiatus" :airquote:.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Who What Now posted:

In the universe Allison comes from, Kill Six Billion Demons does not exist. That's the premise of this entire comic, after all. But most of the other things we know and love (such as Mad Max) do, albeit modified by the lack of Kill Six Billion Demons:

• Kill Witch Kill is a serious documentary about the Salem trials

Man I can't come up with ideas for the rest of the list.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
How many layers deep does that thing go? I checked it a few years ago and it stopped at The Sound Of Music. Is he just adding a new alternate universe every month?

e: Thirty different versions, ending with It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

YggiDee posted:

How many layers deep does that thing go? I checked it a few years ago and it stopped at The Sound Of Music. Is he just adding a new alternate universe every month?

e: Thirty different versions, ending with It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

I think they add a layer every 50 main comics.

That means they have reached the 1.5k benchmark, holy poo poo.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."

https://twitter.com/bluecosmonaut/status/1209540456855592960

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i love my new inscrutably smouldering santa

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

ksbd santa busts down your wall and kills your parents. You swear vengeance and 10 years later you face him down and ask him why.

"I have you the greatest gift of all child, a life with purpose"

you thank him

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Zoss was indeed introduced breaking into someone's home and delivering a gift.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Naughty children get a lifetime of Zoss' ghost glowering at them and calling them a peasant

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

K6BD: I saw mommy kissing The Conquering King

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

SardonicTyrant posted:

K6BD: I saw mommy kissing Santa Zoss

Fixed that for you, peasant.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Mostly shitposty idea for why Zoss gave Allison the key: He could feel the Destiny coming off of Zaid, looked at him, looked at the shape of the wheel, and he said

"You know what'd be reaIly funny?"

Alternatively, he just picked the closest person he could find with Yisun in their name.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Dec 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

It's hard to see whose forehead you're shoving the key into when you've been decapitated.

True Royalty shoves the key in anyway.