Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Anyone know enough Japanese to tell me what “Suji” is, if “Poké” is pocket?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Roach Warehouse posted:

Anyone know enough Japanese to tell me what “Suji” is, if “Poké” is pocket?

Sujimon = muscle/tough mans

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

precision posted:

Sujimon = muscle/tough mans

yes
YES

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I hope that Sujimon is the counterpart to Mesuking and therefore features buff manly guys in weird animal themed underwear

I'm actually like 99% sure that's what it's gonna be

Like you're gonna collect Jojo's basically

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I want to collect Habus

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

The mini games definitely range in quality, but for sure do the substories. That’s where all the character in the series comes from

:ohno:

I'm not sure if saying that the substories are where all the character is a better or worse take than the usual thing about the comedy being the only draw for the series.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

how's the dub for Judgment? I bought it in the current PSN sale and and was not expecting english audio to even exist.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Oh Snapple! posted:

how's the dub for Judgment? I bought it in the current PSN sale and and was not expecting english audio to even exist.

I quite liked it, especially Kaito

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
So, I've finished Yakuza 0, and I have one question about the character of Goro Majima. If the answer begins with "Play Yakuza Kiwami" or another game in the series, then go ahead and say so. I don't want to spoil his story for myself, and haven't wiki-searched a character breakdown. Out of respect for the folks who may have not gotten there yet, I'ma spoiler tag it.

Is he bullshitting the girls of the Cabaret Club? When you do their customer service training, Majima tells them how he's going to protect them and how he'll always be there for them, but when you finish the game, he switches his outfit and it sounds like he becomes way more of a psycho and goes fully into being a Yakuza. How does that track with the kind and thoughtful person I was seeing in those training sequences? Is it because they're women, and he feels protective towards them, but as soon as he's done with the current situation, he's never going to see them again? Does he actually care about any of them, or is he just telling them what they need to hear? Do you play Cabaret club stuff in the next few games?

I bought Yakuza Kiwami and intend to begin playing it soon, but don't want to go from 0 to Kiwami back to back. Might finish Witcher 3 for the second time, might play Dragon Age: Origins for the first time.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

:ohno:

I'm not sure if saying that the substories are where all the character is a better or worse take than the usual thing about the comedy being the only draw for the series.

I mean it more in the sense that its where you see the contrast between how the characters are in the main story. the seriousness of the personalities just makes it funnier and the writing technique it takes to balance that is fairly impressive

I suppose that could have been clearer in making that point

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Judgment question - are there any ties at all to Yakuza 3-6? My wife and I have played through 0/K1/K2 and were going to get the HD collection but it's not on sale currently and Judgment is currently half off.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

Judgment question - are there any ties at all to Yakuza 3-6? My wife and I have played through 0/K1/K2 and were going to get the HD collection but it's not on sale currently and Judgment is currently half off.

The minor-est of ties. You're good if you are avoiding spoilers.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

kirbysuperstar posted:

I quite liked it, especially Kaito

Ok yeah, soon as I heard Crispin Freeman as Kaito I was immediately satisfied with making this choice :allears:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Gotta catch em all

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

derra posted:

The minor-est of ties. You're good if you are avoiding spoilers.

Yeah, that was basically my desire. I already know a few details of 3-6, but don't know too much about them. I just wanted to make sure Judgment didn't have some huge shocking spoilers for people who hadn't played those games.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Mordiceius posted:

There is one substory in Judgment that you'll enjoy a lot more if you've played 6, but other than that no

I think a mini boss from 6 inexplicably shows up in Judgment also

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

If people didn't use honorifics I'd have no complaints.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

rotinaj posted:

So, I've finished Yakuza 0, and I have one question about the character of Goro Majima. If the answer begins with "Play Yakuza Kiwami" or another game in the series, then go ahead and say so. I don't want to spoil his story for myself, and haven't wiki-searched a character breakdown. Out of respect for the folks who may have not gotten there yet, I'ma spoiler tag it.

Is he bullshitting the girls of the Cabaret Club? When you do their customer service training, Majima tells them how he's going to protect them and how he'll always be there for them, but when you finish the game, he switches his outfit and it sounds like he becomes way more of a psycho and goes fully into being a Yakuza. How does that track with the kind and thoughtful person I was seeing in those training sequences? Is it because they're women, and he feels protective towards them, but as soon as he's done with the current situation, he's never going to see them again? Does he actually care about any of them, or is he just telling them what they need to hear? Do you play Cabaret club stuff in the next few games?

I bought Yakuza Kiwami and intend to begin playing it soon, but don't want to go from 0 to Kiwami back to back. Might finish Witcher 3 for the second time, might play Dragon Age: Origins for the first time.
he is caring and thoughtful, just weirder in an unpredictable element kind of way forward. kiwami 2 has cabaret club and other answers through that. kiwami being a remake of the original is the only example in the series where he's an actual poo poo about these things but it's a remake of the original before they had fleshed out his character down to details much at all.

Literal Nazi Furry fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Dec 26, 2019

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon info dumps continue with Bleach Japan, who are (probably) the villains of the game.

They're an organization based around cleaning up "the grey zones" in Japan, targeting areas with high amounts of illegal activity like brothels. Apparently they're wearing their Persona 5 influence on their sleeve because their leader is a young politician who's poised to become prime minister and he destroyed the Omi Alliance. Now I really wanna know how he pulled that one off.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Secret yakuza im guessing

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Can't wait to see kiryu fight aizen- oh....

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Gameplay digest trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79sDRvm8yk8

Yoooo that Majima summon!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
rubber organized crime task force

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
oh my loving god. sotenbori too!? sotenbori is my fav location, was not expecting it to be back and it looks like majima, daigo, saejima and maybe even kiryu are summons? plus all those loving mini games and arcade machines from every game and just how in the gently caress is this a real game we'll be playing next year.

also lmao at all the class options. :allears:

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I still waiting for when someone is decapitated on-screen, and somehow turns up alive at some point.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Carlosologist posted:

The mini games definitely range in quality, but for sure do the substories. That’s where all the character in the series comes from

Ya I have done all the substories I came across. They definitely have good writing despite being fetch quests.

Is there a way to know where the shakedown guys are? In Sotenbori there is one always at the bridge but in Kamurocho they are hard to find. I gotten good enough where I can reliably beat them but have trouble finding them.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Policenaut posted:

Yakuza: Like a Dragon info dumps continue with Bleach Japan, who are (probably) the villains of the game.

They're an organization based around cleaning up "the grey zones" in Japan, targeting areas with high amounts of illegal activity like brothels. Apparently they're wearing their Persona 5 influence on their sleeve because their leader is a young politician who's poised to become prime minister and he destroyed the Omi Alliance. Now I really wanna know how he pulled that one off.

He gave the organization to his dad, as you know that Ryo is Masato and we know that he is also resprting to murder and less than savory poo poo as we seen in the trailer with the out in the open shooting.

Masato in youth always had the look of a tough Yauza even though he couldnt do anything without his wheelchair and had to resort to medication to walk. When he killed the guy and Jo agreed to take the fall to get rid of Ichiban, Masumi tried to have Ichiban take the fall to protect him from what was to come. Of course Ichiban grew up in the shittiest part of town and know how much it would hurt the people who raise him like family and isnt going to let Bleach Japan or his oath brother ruin the lives of those he cared for in the name of cleaning up crime

I mean I dont fault Masumi for doing what he did seeing his dad was murdered at a dinner table after hard day's work and he took him somewhere nice.

gyrobot fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Dec 26, 2019

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Edit should have refreshed, better posts in the meantime

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Policenaut posted:

Gameplay digest trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79sDRvm8yk8

Yoooo that Majima summon!

Oh good, everyone else gets to change classes too!

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Judgment was on sale for $30, and I had it in the shopping basket on best buy online. I refreshed today to buy it and it's back to $60.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

does anyone think that boss fights will be in regular Dragon Engine combat? I can't imagine they'll let that aspect go away completely but I also wouldn't be surprised if it's just out

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Finishing up chapter 1 of Judgment and drat Kaito, that's a running dropkick Kiryu would be proud of :allears:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

redreader posted:

Judgment was on sale for $30, and I had it in the shopping basket on best buy online. I refreshed today to buy it and it's back to $60.

How do you feel about digital downloads?

https://twitter.com/playstation/status/1210332468747878401?s=21

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

rotinaj posted:

the saddest thing about majima is that he had to abandon someone he loves because he didn't want them getting embroiled in the yakuza life, and he knows he can't help but be in it because frankly he loves it

so, like, that's probably why he didn't keep in touch

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Judgment spoilers: I wasn't expecting a lecture on how Alzheimers disease works.

This game is great, I'm totally enthralled in the story. But not so enthralled I don't miss the chance to beat up a 78 year old virgin with a massive dick.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Spalec posted:

Judgment spoilers: I wasn't expecting a lecture on how Alzheimers disease works.

This game is great, I'm totally enthralled in the story. But not so enthralled I don't miss the chance to beat up a 78 year old virgin with a massive dick.

Those two things being so well done in such direly different ways is why I loved Judgment so much.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

does anyone think that boss fights will be in regular Dragon Engine combat? I can't imagine they'll let that aspect go away completely but I also wouldn't be surprised if it's just out

When you get really drunk or high you hallucinate the regular beat-em-up system.

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think anyone has asked the most important question yet: do you manage a cabaret club?!?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

RareAcumen posted:

When you get really drunk or high you hallucinate the regular beat-em-up system.

when you use the Kiryu or Majima summons the game temporarily turns into the old beat em up system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's done through the mechanic of Kabaret Kart