Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Appoda posted:

It's actually a smart thing for him to still be lovely about. Many of his experiences has made Tohru grow and change his attitude, but I don't think there's anything that's challenged his views on women or intergender value and respect.

Hopefully that's the case and it's not an expression of the author's distastes. :v:

I honestly wouldn't worry about this being the author's taste too much, considering the ugly woman being shown in a relationship with someone who seems to love her is a pretty vicious dunk on Tohru's stupid thoughts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Mr. Steak posted:

tbh i have no clue why a goku silhouette was included there, but it might have something to do with the fact that the japanese understanding of "neet" doesnt perfectly match the word's english etymology. on the site i mentioned once or twice w articles about neets, the concept of "training" wasnt even mentioned in the definition

Goku is also a fighting "otaku" who hates working or otherwise making money, and he's barely functional as an adult member of society, so that's my understanding of why he was shown there. And a bit more literally, the training in NEET isn't physical training but job training, so...

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

My NEET showing growth, love it

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(donate, if you want to)

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

What's he trying to buy? Gum? A harmonica?

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

I love the scribble hair

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Love that NEET is continuing his habit of getting lost in thought while the world continues to move around him.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Mr. Lobe posted:

Love that NEET is continuing his habit of getting lost in thought while the world continues to move around him.

Agreed, his hemming and hawing is top tier.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

It makes it really stick out in other comics now when someone stops to think for a couple of pages and the world just stops and waits for them.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

All the fly ladies want that NEET meat, probably

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Bad Boy Ex-Cons :shlick:

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

He should shave his head so he looks cool and badass like Oda

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

lofi posted:

Bad Boy Ex-Cons :shlick:

In my experience a lot of women become way more interested when they find out you've served time. You just have to keep what you did a secret and you seem mysterious.
Go for it NEET, make them think you're Lupin III!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
There I was in the kitchen when I decided to embark on my most daring heist yet: stealing my parents' will to live.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Welp, NEET over I guess

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
If only there was some sort of holiday around this time of year that might be more important than the internet. :thunk:

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

NEETmas?
Happy NEET Year?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

HanNEETka?

BoxNEET Day?

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

There is nothing OP could be doing that is more important than translating NEET comics.

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

The Japanese prison system works. It managed to make a NEET that self-self defensed his parents into a thoughtful and less judgemental person. I rest my case.

NEET

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

So Tohru was wrong and the pushy guy was also wrong, manga guy is really a man of nuanced opinions.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

woah, tohru is actually talking about his problems....

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
lol no don't backslide

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Is this dialectics?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

The two of them are most excellent but the old guy needs to murder Tohru for his past transgressions

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

Grevling posted:

Is this dialectics?

Thesis: having a job
Antithesis: being a NEET
Synthesis: getting paid to drink with a weird old mangaka

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
Today we're all shitlords

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

CHARIZARD used SMOKESCREEN
It doesn't affect GEORDI THE BLASTOISE!
I'm curious what the Japanese word for "shitlord" is and whether or not that's a literal translation, because lol.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Miles McCloud posted:

I'm curious what the Japanese word for "shitlord" is and whether or not that's a literal translation, because lol.

it would be funny if it was kuso-sama but I rather doubt it

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Miles McCloud posted:

it was kuso yarou, which unfortunately doesn't have roots in humble language like onore/temee/kisama so shitlord isnt a "literal" definition but that would have been hilarious.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://www.ko-fi.com/neetneetneetneetneet

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

old guy is really growing on me

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

wanna read that manga

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Manga man's been reading the boomer thread.