Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Do skellingtons benefit from dread banner or are minions not considered allies?
Thinking of trying to throw impale onto the bonemen, as others appearently have good results with that.

Minions are allies, so yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

whypick1 posted:

Minions are allies, so yes.

So which link shoul i replace?
Running skeletons - splash- phys dam - feeding -min dam - brutality

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Is there a point where getting elemental resist penetration becomes not worth due to diminishing value or does it always have value?

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Is this thing valuable at all? Three T1 suffixes, but I don't know melee builds at all so I dunno if they're good together.

Nope. Bleed and crit multi don't synergize at all and LGoH is kind of a dead stat on weapons.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

got a cute rat from the christmas box, 10/10 would open free loot box again

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
I got a hideout wall from the free box, which is useless since you kinda of need...probably a half dozen or dozen of them to actually make a wall

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

lurksion posted:

I got a hideout wall from the free box, which is useless since you kinda of need...probably a half dozen or dozen of them to actually make a wall

This is not the True Spirit of Groverhaus.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i got black wings

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Toshimo posted:

This is not the True Spirit of Groverhaus.

Maybe it's load bearing drywall.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Just got a double exalt drop off a metamorph, merry christmas to me :cool:

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Finally cooked up a batch of filled-bar Metamorphs in Tane's lab now that I've been doing red maps for a while and got the worst batch of loot from a session in his lab yet lol

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
at least eyes drop now.
i filter for "currency" in the stash tab and stack sthose

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I got the white character effect from the box

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Yolomon Wayne posted:

So which link shoul i replace?
Running skeletons - splash- phys dam - feeding -min dam - brutality

Either swap out splash because impale is most useful for single target, or put feeding frenzy on other minions

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
Hey guys, anyone got the weapon enchant "trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill"?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
So to spawn Awakener after the first time you have to beat all the exiles - is there a way to see which ones you have beaten and not beaten?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The first time you have the quests for the other exiles (The Conqueror / The Warlord / etc) so you can't spawn Sirus until then.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Captain Foo posted:

Either swap out splash because impale is most useful for single target, or put feeding frenzy on other minions

Feeding frenzy is pretty insane for skeleton clearing - they don't get the dash if feeding frenzy is on another minion. If you use skeletons for clear, I'd swap Minion Damage most likely, but PoB can say which one adds the least dps. If skeletons are purely single target and you use another minion for clear, then swap splash.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

People are catching on to what awakener's orbs can craft, wish I picked some up earlier.

Also these things are back

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Dec 26, 2019

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

drat I should have bought some for 1ex

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I can't wait to get back home today and run some maps...

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Made it to 96, and am on the first page of champions on poe.ninja. My gear feels fairly complete now as a cyclonemans.
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/FilthyMonkey/MonkeyLove?i=35&search=class%3DChampion
Actual damage is considerably higher than that, given that it isn't taking into account master of metal flat damage, which brings it to 2.76m, and impale damage, which brings the total to 7.71m. The 9% increased physical mod on the helmet either, which should bring it over 8m dps. The PoB fork is super useful for calculating numbers as an impale character.

Starting to burn out a bit though. At awakened level 7. All I want to do is practice on Sirius more, but spawning him takes a good deal of time. Is there any way to do it faster? Wish I could burn currency to do retries, as I think I can take him out next time.

Vaal Molten Shell is definitely MVP skill gem. Hitting it before a metamorph gives me a nice buffer to safely dispatch them. It isn't like metamorphs are staying up very long anyway.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Dec 26, 2019

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Vasudus posted:

The first time you have the quests for the other exiles (The Conqueror / The Warlord / etc) so you can't spawn Sirus until then.

Yeah but I have spawned him and don't have those quests any more. Can each only influence/spawn once between each Awakener fight?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Yeah. The game doesn't tell you so you have to keep track on your own (maybe don't roll an alt Midway through the process, d'oh)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Im very upset about eyes . This is kind of dumb.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Didn't they patch the eye thing at least?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yes the eyes are fine now

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What is the trick to getting them. I’m like 0 for the past 50 maps

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

euphronius posted:

What is the trick to getting them. I’m like 0 for the past 50 maps

i mean the only trick is doing multi-boss maps so you get more than one unique organ, then only choosing 1 during the metamorph creation to ensure that that's the one that drops from the metamorph. that's substantially more likely to give you the body part you want since you get to draw from the body part pool multiple times for about the same level of effort.

otherwise it's just luck

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What are people doing with the tons of body parts that will never be used

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

euphronius posted:

What are people doing with the tons of body parts that will never be used

5 for 1 prophecy.

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
They're going to add a vendor recipe to convert them or something.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

pork never goes bad posted:

Feeding frenzy is pretty insane for skeleton clearing - they don't get the dash if feeding frenzy is on another minion.

Oh oops

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

nogic posted:

They're going to add a vendor recipe to convert them or something.

Oh ok.
That will help.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Zana is evil. You can't just hand out cortex maps in ssf, she know's I can't turn it down :<

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5mNAvISnHE

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

TheRat posted:

Zana is evil. You can't just hand out cortex maps in ssf, she know's I can't turn it down :<

That didn't even look like it was supposed to be a oneshot attack, what gives?

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007
I tried an Elemental Hit Ballista build [PoE Forums] this league, but I'm honestly not feeling it. Many other comments in the thread (posted after I started the build) are also frustrated over the endgame potential of the build, so I think I'll bail now before I've invested too much time into it.

I'm glancing a bit at the Divine Ire skill, does anyone have any experience with it? I'm seeing both Totems and Self-cast variants of it, but most threads haven't updated for 3.9.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Did you capture what the mods on the cortex were?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

TheRat posted:

Just after your :rip: I had one drop for me and even though I'm SC I'm afraid to run it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

dyzzy posted:

Did you capture what the mods on the cortex were?

phys reduction, endurance charge, ignite