Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

bob dobbs is dead posted:

They put an insane amount of engineering effort with like real engineers and poo poo to make it not fall out of your ear

If you have even close to normal ears, they will probably not fall out

I do not have close to normal ears I have big horrible monster ears :smith:

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
depends greatly on the person, they won't fall out of my ears even if I shake my head around a lot but they fit poorly in my partner's ears

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

bob dobbs is dead posted:

They put an insane amount of engineering effort with like real engineers and poo poo to make it not fall out of your ear

If you have even close to normal ears, they will probably not fall out

I think one of my ears is deformed because all types of earbuds consistently fall out of my right ear but stay fine in my left. It's fine if I'm not moving but if I try to wear them when working out I need to switch to traditional headphones.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
I for real think the Airpods design is great, not specifically airpods but having the earpiece with no cord connected, even if it means shorter battery time. I bought a pair of fake airpods when I was in China and they lasted me around 5 months before they broke. I work construction so having a wire dangle is a major annoyance, I accidentally yank them out of either my ears or the phone whenever I'm using corded even if it's under my shirt, there's still a little bit hanging out that i eventually get caught in. Ordered two pairs of cheap "noise cancelling" from Aliexpress with the purpose of using them during work, hoping one of the pairs work well enough to order another couple and just use them as semi-disposable. But even the fake ones I got in China were great without the noise cancelling cause the PPE fit snuggly on top of them with no sound leaking in because of the wire.

Apple is garbage for charging so much for them though.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Overengineered garbage

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Zzulu posted:

Overengineered garbage

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

A lot of elves outing themselves itt

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

my head is too big and filled with brains to use wireless headphones

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
:shrug: have to keep the commie propaganda playing in my ear somehow so why not fund the rise of China by buying overengineered garbage that works well enough rather than from some western company that barely works better and are also made in China.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I got some $30 knockoff airpods and they were fun for a few days, I can definitely see the appeal. But they die after a few hours and never at the same time so one ear starts to beep at you but the other is fine for another half hour.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
The last capitalist we hang shall be the one who sold us the airpods

e: hold on I didn't think this through. does anyone have some rope

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I've had a pair for six months and never had a problem where I lost one so this sounds like a made up problem?

Looks at an item the size of a bean: "This is impossible to lose"

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009

Len posted:

Are they engineered better than the ear pods they pack in with phones? Because those are uncomfortable as hell and don't stay in my ears well

If they weren’t uncomfortable, who would be willing to pay $200 for ones that aren’t.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

tgacon posted:

If they weren’t uncomfortable, who would be willing to pay $200 for ones that aren’t.

The same people that bought an iPhone that didn't work when you held it or an iPad that came out of the box bent because they're too thin and not made to support themselves?

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
Lol stop defending apple products. Especially ones that make you look like someone splooged on your ears.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

Looks at an item the size of a bean: "This is impossible to lose"

You could flick it anywhere.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Byzantine posted:

You could flick it anywhere.

not goons, our fingat too fat

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I use an over the neck Bluetooth set at home for better battery life, but when I'm out and about I use a set of true wireless ones so I have full mobility and don't have to sorry about them falling out (since they don't have any wires hanging off them to pull them out). Also if I'm being honest it's partly because I think the over-neck style Bluetooth ones look dorky.

You obviously have to be a bit more careful no to lose them, but when they're not in me ears they're in the carry case/battery pack thing, which is about the size of a cigarette box so each enough to keep track of

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Grimdude posted:

Lol stop defending apple products. Especially ones that make you look like someone splooged on your ears.

Lmao what in the world

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

hahahahaha

there's nothing wrong with jizz ears friends

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
A pair of Haylou GT2 is $16 shipped on eBay, and has enough build quality, sound quality and battery for 99% of wireless earbud users out there.

They are only about 20% lead paint and carcinogens, but at least you're helping some child laborer support their family.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
remember when everyone on the planet bought those lovely beats by dre headphones all at the same time

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Disney Plus on Apple Airpods on my Peloton. Checking out some Beatles music

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Are Beats “over”?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

lancemantis posted:

Are Beats “over”?

CANCELLED

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lancemantis posted:

Are Beats “over”?

apple is marketing them not nearly as much as theyre marketing the wireless earbuds so yeah

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Shear Modulus posted:

apple is marketing them not nearly as much as theyre marketing the wireless earbuds so yeah

I’m getting blasted with wireless beats ads so they’re still marketing them, just only in a form that’s in direct competition with their own product which seems crazy

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I’m getting blasted with wireless beats ads so they’re still marketing them, just only in a form that’s in direct competition with their own product which seems crazy

The air pod vs beats market won't have that much overlap. Sure they're both wireless but cans vs buds is a pretty decent distinction still.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Inceltown posted:

The air pod vs beats market won't have that much overlap. Sure they're both wireless but cans vs buds is a pretty decent distinction still.

no like they are beats that are also airpods, sorry for not being clear. I haven't seen an ad for normal beats in a while, just these beatpods (I think that is the actual name)

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

there's the beats "airpods" which are intended to be more overtly for exercise

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Guess it's like how there is really only one detergent company but a million detergent brands. Need to get those people who refuse to airpod but still secretly want them somehow.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

AirPods are good and there’s no reason to say they aren’t unless you’re salty about Apple. they’re insanely over engineered from the battery life, to the shape, to the built-in noise cancellation. the part that makes no sense is spending $200 on a device that goes to those lengths just to replace all the functionality of a wired version that comes for free with your iPhone

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

poisonpill posted:

AirPods are good and there’s no reason to say they aren’t unless you’re salty about Apple. they’re insanely over engineered from the battery life, to the shape, to the built-in noise cancellation. the part that makes no sense is spending $200 on a device that goes to those lengths just to replace all the functionality of a wired version that comes for free with your iPhone

Pssssst FYI the phrase "over-engineered" isn't a complement.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

ive had two of the wired iphone headphones break and have the microphone and the volume control buttons stop working in like a month of using them

HorseLord
Aug 26, 2014

poisonpill posted:

AirPods are good and there’s no reason to say they aren’t unless you’re salty about Apple.

poisonpill posted:

the part that makes no sense is spending $200 on a device that goes to those lengths just to replace all the functionality of a wired version that comes for free with your iPhone

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

poisonpill posted:

the part that makes no sense is spending $200 on a device that goes to those lengths just to replace all the functionality of a wired version that comes for free with your iPhone
please work out

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

lol nicely done

ok yes they’re bad

e: the russians used a skullcandy

poisonpill has issued a correction as of 02:54 on Dec 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Every tech major is structured basically as a suzerainty with departments struggling against each other and against external competitors

All except Microsoft at the height of Gates and Apple at the height of Jobs, after getting back in. And to a lesser extent Oracle at the height of Ellison. Those were terrifying absolute monarchies.

"Apres moi, le deluge" applied really hard to Apple