Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Anime memes can't even be meme of the day because it's only the same two weirdos posting that poo poo while everyone ignores them.

The Anime Liker has a new favorite as of 22:48 on Dec 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I don’t agree with their memes but I will defend to the death their right to post them

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

zoux posted:

I don’t agree with their memes but I will defend to the death their right to post them in the anime quarantine zone where that heinous horseshit belongs

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

There's also this odd genre of meme that quietly popped up and proliferated this year I think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tW1f17QeqU

:eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

One day they will come for your memes my friend

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Memento posted:

Call whatever meme you want meme of the decade, I'm nominating This Guy for memer of the decade.

Absolutely

zoux posted:

BUD WEIS ER and WASSUP were millenarian memes

They were memes for the end times?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Did I hear someone asking for more jojo memes? Cuz I think I heard someone asking for more jojo memes.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well I'm post- memillinarian so I believe we'll have 1000 years of Christ's blessed rule before the final battle between good memes and anime memes

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
btw I gave in and finally watched one of these UNUSUAL MEMES COMPILATION videos and they're actually pretty good compilations, though it's more of a mix of memes and regular funny clips. But I recommend them they're all pretty darn good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK_o4-FrRZs

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm sad America killed Vines just because they had black people in them. I don't think that's a good reason to kill Vines.

Vines were memes right? I say they were collectively the meme of the decade.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jerry Cotton posted:

I'm sad America killed Vines just because they had black people in them. I don't think that's a good reason to kill Vines.

Vines were memes right? I say they were collectively the meme of the decade.

That’s not why Vine died. It died because the owners did basically nothing to monetize the platform or improve on it so everyone moved to other platforms while it hemorrhaged money.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

chitoryu12 posted:

That’s not why Vine died. It died because the owners did basically nothing to monetize the platform or improve on it so everyone moved to other platforms while it hemorrhaged money.

How do you account for SA then

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I think Dare single-handedly bankrolled the last 2 years and if you're not expecting a surprise shutdown announcement daily then

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Heath posted:

I understand this forum is dead and/or gay.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Heath posted:

Goons are too lazy to find a new platform.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

It will suck when the forums die because there won't be another one made up entirety of people over 35 but younger than 50 who wasted their entire lives being too online.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah but now everyone in the western world wastes their entire life being entirely too much online

we were just ahead of the curve

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Memento posted:

Call whatever meme you want meme of the decade, I'm nominating This Guy for memer of the decade.

Its people like this dude that are keeping the fragile strings of hope for this world together.

He’s a hero we don’t deserve.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Zzulu posted:

Yeah but now everyone in the western world wastes their entire life being entirely too much online

we were just ahead of the curve

Right, but that means we're better at it. I have an aunt who I never met, big family conflict before I was born. I looked her up on Twitter today and found out she's a qanon nutcase. While in a way it owns that too online runs in the blood... Not like this. Not like this. Too online people outside of the forums are really weird.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Shameful that you've all forgotten about Bowsette.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

if we're talking about the whole decade -- there's only one meme.

| ||
|| |_

e: wait, loss was 2008...drat im old

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Lodin posted:

Shameful that you've all forgotten about Bowsette.

That was such a huge splash. It didn't last long but it burned oh, so brightly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckW7qBEHC8c

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Dungeon Ecology posted:

if we're talking about the whole decade -- there's only one meme.

| ||
|| |_

e: wait, loss was 2008...drat im old

Our descendants may say that Loss was the meme of the century.

obviously, assuming there are any humans left to make that judgement by then

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Memento posted:

That was such a huge splash. It didn't last long but it burned oh, so brightly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckW7qBEHC8c

My initial reaction to Bowsette was "aww thats kind of cute i guess" and then 30 seconds later followed up with "hey so do you ever think that maybe there really is a god, but they locked us in the car on a really hot day, went into the mall and just straight up lost track of time?"

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

There's still another year left in the decade. Plenty of time for a real winner to emerge.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Kheldarn posted:

There's still another year left in the decade. Plenty of time for a real winner to emerge.

Got bad news for ya...

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Paladinus posted:

Goons are too lazy to find a new platform.

I figured we'd probably migrate to the F Plus forums, because they're basically descended from Portal of Evil so they're about as old as us and as online as us.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

It says a loving lot about this place that I didn't even blink and figured you were being dead serious and just hadn't noticed it was 2019

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

My initial reaction to Bowsette was "aww thats kind of cute i guess" and then 30 seconds later followed up with "hey so do you ever think that maybe there really is a god, but they locked us in the car on a really hot day, went into the mall and just straight up lost track of time?"

Humanity: (paws at the window desperately in existential terror)

GOD: It's fine! Their favorite song is on. They love it.

Qadaffi Taffy
Oct 1, 2006

3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510
You fools, you complete morons. The meme of the decade is dickbutt. My God it's so obvious.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Qadaffi Taffy posted:

You fools, you complete morons. The meme of the decade is dickbutt. My God it's so obvious.

Ligma dickbutt

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

A Moose posted:

I figured we'd probably migrate to the F Plus forums, because they're basically descended from Portal of Evil so they're about as old as us and as online as us.

I'm going to move to youtube comment sections under old Let's Play videos.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

A Moose posted:

Nah, when SA goes offline, it'll be like the end of Cable Guy.

We sort of come out of our stupor, notice a book over to our left, and begin reading, with the smile of a child on our faces and newfound vigor for life in our souls.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I propose when lowtaxs spine finally twists into hangman's noose and strangles him, we all bury ourselves with him. Burn the ashes, salt the earth and no one will ever know the sins we've committed.

Well, except for all your base. We knocked it out a tha park with that one.

Hihohe has a new favorite as of 03:59 on Dec 27, 2019

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
No one can give this place up, there will be 30 off-site and they'll all die because they're not as big or general as SA was.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Nah, when SA goes offline, it'll be like the end of Cable Guy.

We sort of come out of our stupor, notice a book over to our left, and begin reading, with the smile of a child on our faces and newfound vigor for life in our souls.

I've taken 2-3 year breaks from this shithole and that definitely doesn't happen we were born snake catchers and we'll die snake catchers

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Boba Pearl posted:

No one can give this place up, there will be 30 off-site and they'll all die because they're not as big or general as SA was.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Paladinus posted:

The tiny fraction of goons who still use the forums at this point are too lazy to find a new platform.

ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
meme of the decade is probably "woah" because despite the meme dying out very quickly, nobody spells it "whoa" anymore