Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Kin posted:

So what's the typical deal with walderp?

I figured out his 'game' but do you have to keep doing the 'Walderp says' stuff even after you beat his final form?

Basically, i'm at a maxxed beard set and have only beaten the 2nd form but i'm wondering if i should just keep dumping energy into advanced training until i'm strong enough to insta kill him to farm his gear after beating his final form.

My stats are 6 million for power and 4 million for toughness which is apparently way too low for the next zone (Badly Drawn World) too.

You have to do his bullshit until you have the stats to auto-kill or one shot him, whichever comes first.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Cobalt60 posted:

Others have given solid advice, but I'd say you should stay AWAY from challenges until BV (do 1st of each), and ignore again until beastV2-3 for many more. You may be getting distracted from the core items worth focusing on, which is to build the foundation of your permanent stats. a

Truly, press adv. zones until you hit Mega, then do a long RB and get that mega set and get the next titan so you can start to actually make it into an idle game. Doing all that kinda gelled the core game mechanics for me. and it might be the same for you.

Challenges look appealing and beneficial early, but the "old heads" only do them when they can complete in 5mins, so take a bit of that wisdom.

the old heads can stuff it, the major reason they were doing them when they were 5 minutes was because you had to do 25 or 50 of the most basic types and the ROI was better

Now that it only takes 5 challenges to finish all of the most basic types where the boss target is static (basic, no augs, no equip, 100 levels) , it's probably best to do all of those at once if you can finish them in a half hour or under because you will build a solid base of buffs and adventure inventory management QOL

beardverse/uug is a decent spot to do them at, but you really should only hold off doing most of the challenges where the boss target moves up to (blind/no ngu/no tm) until beast v3 so you can deal with boss levels around 150+

Kin posted:

So what's the typical deal with walderp?

I figured out his 'game' but do you have to keep doing the 'Walderp says' stuff even after you beat his final form?

Basically, i'm at a maxxed beard set and have only beaten the 2nd form but i'm wondering if i should just keep dumping energy into advanced training until i'm strong enough to insta kill him to farm his gear after beating his final form.

My stats are 6 million for power and 4 million for toughness which is apparently way too low for the next zone (Badly Drawn World) too.

in order to auto kill him you need 3 manual clears of form 5, so just kind of keep on killing him regardless. Just know he does the simon says gimmick every 5 attacks, so lay into whatever he says, then start laying into him with ultimate attack downwards, and never use anything but regular attack after that until the next simon says gimmick

you really need his gear to hit bdw, and the bdw stuff will help in AKing him

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

A year (maybe two years now) ago the wisdom was under am hour for challenges. The five minute rule is completely about not burning out and it being horrible to do 25 of them at an hour each. Basically it was setting you up for a week plus of down time and early game has been sped up so much that taking that time away from progression is costly.

The challenge count decreases I image bring it closer to that hour mark again. Mostly do what you can stand getting done, don't burn out they get trivial and people often save them until the end of the difficulty so you aren't going to be held back all that much.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Devor posted:

Have you beaten Uug yet? That's a good next goal. Basic challenges for the adventure boost wouldn't be the worst thing if you're up for it.

I have not yet, so I should probably get that ring so I can actually work on it this weekend.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

in order to auto kill him you need 3 manual clears of form 5, so just kind of keep on killing him regardless. Just know he does the simon says gimmick every 5 attacks, so lay into whatever he says, then start laying into him with ultimate attack downwards, and never use anything but regular attack after that until the next simon says gimmick

you really need his gear to hit bdw, and the bdw stuff will help in AKing him

Does his gear have a guaranteed drop rate or something? How would manually killing his 5th form three times make him eligible for the auto otherwise?

The wiki mentions needing 13M power and 7M toughness to autokill, which is about double where i am just now with ~7500 levels toughness and power + as well as level 44 in adventure diggers.

I've not used any of my Yggdrasil seeds yet though. My fruit of adventure is at level 9, but i've been 100% focusing on using seeds to upgrade these so far rather than get the stat boosts.

Is the stat increase from fruit level 10 so much greater than that of 9?

I'm just trying to figure out if, where I am, it would be better to hoard my seeds to upgrade fruit of adventure to level 10 before using it to boost my stats to auto kill walderp, or if i should just start using them from level 9.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Kin posted:

I've not used any of my Yggdrasil seeds yet though. My fruit of adventure is at level 9, but i've been 100% focusing on using seeds to upgrade these so far rather than get the stat boosts.

You only use seeds to upgrade. Activating fruits doesn't consume seeds. Focus on the pomegranate first.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

You only use seeds to upgrade. Activating fruits doesn't consume seeds. Focus on the pomegranate first.

Sorry, i meant in the way of either using the fruit to boost the stat or harvesting them for the seeds.

I just tried the fruit of adventure and it didn't really make much of a difference to my stats. I'm guessing the Fruit of adventure is a bit like the iron pill in that it only boosts your base which is tiny in comparison to the additional adventure stats you get from equipment and diggers, etc?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Fruit levels have exponential bonus, a 3 or 4 hours harvest might not be much but a 7 or 8 hours is going to be a lot better. Add this to the Ygg Perks/Quirks, NGU and Special Equipments and they end up being one of the most rewarding mechanics in the game.

Moreover, not eating fruits is sort of a useless mechanic after you unlock the Pomegranate since you're forsaking some permanent upgrades. The Adv and Luck fruit don't seem like much but their effects add up over time and you're wasting nothing to get those, and the Fruit of Gold scales with your current TM GPS which means a good amount of levels for your Diggers after a good rebirth. The FoK also has two perks that make it a huge exp boost.

This may seem like its a while away but its also something you need to do almost 0 work to achieve since they're growing by themselves already and you only need to upgrade your Pom and do the 3rd Troll Challenge to unlock their full potential.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Ah, my pomegranate is level 10, but what i've been doing is harvesting the seeds from all of my fruits to put into getting the others up to level 10.

What i should be doing is just eating all of the fruits now and solely use the seeds gained from pomegranate to upgrade everything?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
The seed yield from the others fruits is pretty meaningless compared to a Level 10 Pom so yea, it's not making much of a difference, especially if you have the Crappy Perk and is using poop on it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Kin posted:

Does his gear have a guaranteed drop rate or something? How would manually killing his 5th form three times make him eligible for the auto otherwise?

The wiki mentions needing 13M power and 7M toughness to autokill, which is about double where i am just now with ~7500 levels toughness and power + as well as level 44 in adventure diggers.

1. His weapon has an auto guaranteed drop, the rest are conditional.

2. If you go to a titan zone, hover over the name, you'll get a tooltip with auto kill information and drop information. Walderp has a special condition where you have to manual kill him 3 times before auto kill activates.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Cool, that makes a bit more sense.

When it comes to throwing boosts into the infinity cube is it fairly pointless to try boosting it past tier 2 until you start getting way higher boost drops?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
The infinity cube is just an overflow for when you start auto filtering the smaller boosts so they don’t clog up your inventory. There is pretty much never a need to manually put boosts into the cube.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Make sure you buy the "filter boosts to infinity cube" upgrade from the AP shop once you reach that point. It's very inexpensive.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Filtering boosts out does not get the recycle, which basically doubles the boost, you should not filter boosts. You leave a lot of cube on the table.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Kin posted:

Cool, that makes a bit more sense.

When it comes to throwing boosts into the infinity cube is it fairly pointless to try boosting it past tier 2 until you start getting way higher boost drops?

What are you doing with your boosts after your equipment is maxed anyway?

Also, you should max your boosts if you haven’t done that.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

The Fool posted:

What are you doing with your boosts after your equipment is maxed anyway?

Also, you should max your boosts if you haven’t done that.

I've maxed all the boosts i can currently get (up to 100), but so far i've just been turning them off in the advanced item filter because they clog up my inventory and prevent me from getting the drops from titans when i go off and leave the game running.

If i completed more of the challenges i think the auto merge would combine things faster than they drop, but i've not been in a position to do those quickly until around about now anyway.

Is there something i missed about idling the game this way that would have been more efficient?

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

pixaal posted:

Filtering boosts out does not get the recycle, which basically doubles the boost, you should not filter boosts. You leave a lot of cube on the table.

This is true but in my experience until you get a larger inventory and much lower auto boost times you run into a lot of space issues if you don't filter out low tier boosts. Having those go into the cube means they aren't wasted.

For 10k it isn't a big purchase and can help early on.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

pixaal posted:

Yeah I've been filtering boosts up until a few weeks ago and since I started letting the boosts collect and then auto boost every 15 minutes my cube rank has been going up so much faster.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
no downside to filtering those ones tho

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I only quit filtering boosts by the time I hit the 500 types and by the end of Normal I already had hardcapped my cube so its a pretty small window where you'll want to deal with that and then forget about it again until you get a new good meaty set.

headfake
Aug 6, 2011

The reason to not filter is to get the recycle bonus (as pixaal said).

I've been told here that the cap is a softcap, and you will get the extra bonuses back once you improve your equipment, so it's worth still boosting the cube.

After a while you get fast enough auto-boost and enough inventory size that you won't fill it up. Also a lot of times you aren't really waiting for any drops.

But if you're at the point where it will fill your inventory and make you miss important drops, then you have to manage that.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Yeah that's the point where i'm at.

15k AP is still a big amount to me for where i am to invest as i don't seem to be getting AP/PP all that fast.

Is there a point where it feels like you're getting loads of that or is the rate i'm getting now (about 7 PP a day offline whilst manually killing Walderp) about the same rate i should expect to see throughout the game?

Edit: Also just realised i unlocked MacGuffins. I've only got the one slot as i'm just starting with these so is there a particular one i should go for just now?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Kin posted:

15k AP is still a big amount to me for where i am to invest as i don't seem to be getting AP/PP all that fast.

Is there a point where it feels like you're getting loads of that or is the rate i'm getting now (about 7 PP a day offline whilst manually killing Walderp) about the same rate i should expect to see throughout the game?

All numbers go up, all value is relative to the amount of numbers. AP is a little slower but comes steady.

Shadowstar
May 19, 2003

~~~~~~~~~

Kin posted:

Edit: Also just realised i unlocked MacGuffins. I've only got the one slot as i'm just starting with these so is there a particular one i should go for just now?

I’m at end of evil and have plateaued for a while around 25k-30k AP per day, with the occasional big roll on the daily spin.

PP I’m getting 5 per kill right now.

IIRC the first useful macguffin you have access to is the gold one. Once you can get the adventure one and ones that boost energy/magic power/cap those are the main priorities along with the NGU ones. Don’t ever equip beard macguffins until you have all the slots.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Shadowstar posted:

IIRC the first useful macguffin you have access to is the gold one. Once you can get the adventure one and ones that boost energy/magic power/cap those are the main priorities along with the NGU ones. Don’t ever equip beard macguffins until you have all the slots.

Nah, looks like gold is the next area. I can only farm the Beardverse at the minute which gets me the drop rate one. I think the earlier stages get me energy and magic, but i'm guessing that drop rate supersedes those in terms of usefulness.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Drop Chance is the one Guff you'll care for in a long while, Energy Power and Magic Power coming after.

But you'll probably not care at all for now because Guffs loving suck.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Now i'm getting drops from Walderp, is there a big difference i'm missing between the S'rerednaW set and the Wanderer's set?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Keep the boots, you're building a Ygg loadout from this point on. Aside from that, use whichever you get the higher stats from.

Like GRB, I couldn't wait around to max his set so I just got enough to survive in BDW.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Energy and magic are reversed between them. Luckily, by the time I could autokill Walderp, I was strong enough for the Badly Drawn World, so I never needed to bother.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Twitch posted:

Energy and magic are reversed between them. Luckily, by the time I could autokill Walderp, I was strong enough for the Badly Drawn World, so I never needed to bother.

Holy poo poo I've been autokilling Walderp for two weeks without attempting the next area, I misread and thought you needed 250 million power for BDW, not 25 million.

I thought it was insane how no one mentioned this wall, but if not for this post I would have probably stalled out there forever, so thanks!

Big Mad Drongo fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Dec 26, 2019

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
If I beat Exile V4 do I need to beat Boss 300 in the same rebirth or do I just need to have done them both at some point in order to go to Sadistic?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

what could it mean :thunk:

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

That third letter is only on sixty three? That must be an error.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Do I need to actually boost my red heart to get its bonus or does having it at lvl 100 give me the full amount?

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Deki posted:

Do I need to actually boost my red heart to get its bonus or does having it at lvl 100 give me the full amount?

It gives the full amount, and equipping it won't increase it. I still boosted it for the drop chance bonus, personally.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

f a r t i d i o t

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
ok so even tho i am loathe to do it, i really probably should throw out all this equipment and worry about maxxing it later once I manage to snarf the mega set right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
I went back to playing WAMI while I'm waiting on stuff to be ready for evil in NGU. I understand it way more this second time around, partly because of the guy's post advocating for it here and being a lot more familiar with the genre as a whole.

There's a christmas event running in it now, which gives out some free early game stats if anybody else wants to check it out.