Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Thank you for the suggestions!! I've come up with 2 tweaked list that I hope can form the basis of a solid army building up to 2k or 3k(whatever) that won't completely break the bank

++ Zone Mortalis - Attacker (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [1,000pts] ++

+ Elites +

Contemptor-Cortus Class Dreadnought Talon [155pts]
. Cortus Dreadnought
. . Dreadnought Chainfist: Twin-linked Bolter
. . Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon: Heavy Flamer

+ HQ +

Praetor, Legion [165pts]: Artificer Armour, Combi-weapon, Cyber-familiar, Digital Lasers, On Foot, Paragon Blade
. Chainsword or Combat Blade: Chainswords/Combat Blades

Praevian [105pts]: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Combi-weapon, On Foot
. Consul
. . Praevian

+ Troops +

Gorgon Terminator Squad , Compulsory [235pts]: 2x Chainfist, 4x Gorgon Terminator, Heavy Flamer, Power Fist

Veteran Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [205pts]: 8x Bolt Pistol, 7x Bolter, 9x Chainswords/Combat Blades, Combi-weapon: Plasma gun, Flamer, 9x Veteran Space Marines, Legion
. Veteran Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Power Fist

+ Heavy Support +

Castellax Class Battle-Automata Maniple [135pts]: Support Unit
. Castellax class Battle-automata: Darkfire Cannon, 2x Flamer, Stock Chargers

+ Allegiance +

Legion and Allegiance: X: Iron Hands, Loyalist

Rite of War: Pride of the Legion

+ Use Playtest Rules +

Use Playtest Rules: Playtest Rules On

++ Total: [1,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

OR:

++ Zone Mortalis - Attacker (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [995pts] ++

+ Elites +

Contemptor-Cortus Class Dreadnought Talon [155pts]
. Cortus Dreadnought
. . Dreadnought Chainfist: Twin-linked Bolter
. . Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon: Heavy Flamer

+ HQ +

Praetor, Legion [165pts]: Artificer Armour, Combi-weapon, Cyber-familiar, Digital Lasers, On Foot, Paragon Blade

+ Troops +

Gorgon Terminator Squad , Compulsory [235pts]: 2x Chainfist, 4x Gorgon Terminator, Heavy Flamer, Power Fist

Veteran Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [215pts]: 8x Bolt Pistol, 6x Bolter, 9x Chainswords/Combat Blades, 3x Combi-weapon: Plasma gun, 9x Veteran Space Marines, Legion

Veteran Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [225pts]: 8x Bolt Pistol, 5x Bolter, 9x Chainswords/Combat Blades, 3x Combi-weapon: Plasma gun, Flamer, 9x Veteran Space Marines, Legion

+ Allegiance +

Legion and Allegiance: X: Iron Hands, Loyalist

Rite of War: Pride of the Legion

+ Use Playtest Rules +

Use Playtest Rules: Playtest Rules On

++ Total: [995pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Goal to go higher is add some more combi weapons, add another Vet Squad. Toss in some Vanquishers + Javelin Attack Speeders with Multi Meltas + maybe a Achilles Alpha Land Raider for more tanky goodness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009
That second list is mean as hell but you are pretty low on bodies be careful getting outplayed on objectives or rough door placement making it hard for your contemptor to support your elite vets.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
I think praetors are generally overdoing it in ZM so you could save some points by just going with a delegatus.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

tallkidwithglasses posted:

I suspected this but I wasn’t sure how it went with pride of the legion or the delegatus RoW.

We need our resident Space Viking player to chime in

gilljoy
May 3, 2009
FAQ says you can use non GS as troops when using a rite of war

"..Note that when making use of a Rite of War which stipulates that another unit can be taken as a compulsory Troops choice, a Space Wolves detachment may instead take that unit to fulfil
its compulsory Troops choices in order to meet the requirements of that Rite of War."

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

gilljoy posted:

FAQ says you can use non GS as troops when using a rite of war

"..Note that when making use of a Rite of War which stipulates that another unit can be taken as a compulsory Troops choice, a Space Wolves detachment may instead take that unit to fulfil
its compulsory Troops choices in order to meet the requirements of that Rite of War."

Oh cool! Grey slayers are likely still a better choice for your compulsory troops the majority of the time.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, grey slayers are probably one of the best troops choices in the game. Being forced to take them is not really a problem and I kinda wish that FAQ had gone the other way to give Space Wolves an actual downside.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Safety Factor posted:

Yeah, grey slayers are probably one of the best troops choices in the game. Being forced to take them is not really a problem and I kinda wish that FAQ had gone the other way to give Space Wolves an actual downside.

What, Awoo-pattern bolters and that Praetor sculpt aren't enough of a downside?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
What's wrong with the bolters?

gilljoy
May 3, 2009

TTerrible posted:

They're upside down. The sight is underneath the bolter...

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Underslung laser.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

TTerrible posted:

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

:confused:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Phobos pattern is a bit different. Like, the whole front of the gun isn't usually upside down:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I wouldn't say the woofgun's underslung sight is worse than phobos' brass ejection port that isn't aligned with the barrel.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Idgi

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Looks like an angled fore grip to me

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
It's clearly a Magpul AFG style thing?

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Hixson posted:

Looks like an angled fore grip to me

TTerrible posted:

It's clearly a Magpul AFG style thing?

Yeah but if that’s the case it’s backwards. That’s not how grips work.

Sharks Dont Sleep fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Dec 30, 2019

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

That’s because he said Angled Fore Grip and not Grip Stop.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I'm still not seeing the problem.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

Oh yeah let’s use a 20th century example to dictate the 31st millennium :rolleyes:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Knowing space wolves they'll steadfastly pretend they're subverting the savage warrior trope and actually it's highly sophisticated anti-infiltration techniques, seeing which alpha legion ding bat they can convince to hold their bolter upside down.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

You people seem to be reaching really heard here to be mad at an incredibly inconsequential detail on a bolter you’ll never buy

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Hixson posted:

You people seem to be reaching really heard here to be mad at an incredibly inconsequential detail on a bolter you’ll never buy

That's a lot of words to say you don't care.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
I think the bolters look cool, personally

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

ijyt posted:

Oh yeah let’s use a 20th century example to dictate the 31st millennium :rolleyes:

I suppose it wouldnt be an issue given the hand situations in 30k.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I don't really hate the aesthetic but I think it's hilarious that they doubled down on it.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
Bunch of couch commando slackasses in here who don’t spend 3 hours per model with a needle stippling the foregrips of your legion bolters to match MagPul patterning.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

koreban posted:

Bunch of couch commando slackasses in here who don’t spend 3 hours per model with a needle stippling the foregrips of your legion bolters to match MagPul patterning.

I feel like BULBASAUR might actually have done this.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
I painted a big tank.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Why Sicaran no have wheels

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Booley posted:

I painted a big tank.

Looks solid! Does the point drop make it any more useful?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
That's a nice crisp paint job on the most ugly sicaran variant.

Safety Factor posted:

Totally agree. IMO they're a great legion that isn't super flexible... which felt pretty on point in how it was before the FAQ.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Ghazk posted:

Why Sicaran no have wheels

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
Word Bearers Recon company up and running, got 3 squads of these guys now. Hilarious fun in ZM with melta bombs and scout/infiltrate.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Nice work man. Are you running them WYSIWYG?

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

BULBASAUR posted:

Nice work man. Are you running them WYSIWYG?

Yup, and running the whole army as the recon ROW. Core is three recon squads with shotguns and melts bombs infiltrating into cover and then suicide charging the nearest target while outrider squads scout upfield and go for turn two charges. Dick bikes also zoom Up and characters on bikes buffing with biomancy + apothecaries help mitigate first turn casualties that happen to not get saved by shrouding for the whole army on first turn. It’s a target saturation and I might chuck in some deep strike stuff or outflanking vets.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

Cataphractii delegatus and terror squad. 2020 is off to a traitorous start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Dead game

SpaceViking posted:

Cataphractii delegatus and terror squad. 2020 is off to a traitorous start.

Good start to the year. Hopefully NL will get some content in a Thramas article soon.