Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I’m three years older than Goredolf what the gently caress!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Kotomine Kirei my rear end. This is a shapeshifter or something, there's no goddamn way the real rear end Kotomine is in Chaldea in 2019 working for the church. Also that secretary is DEFINITELY either straight up an aspect of Tamamo or some kind of psuedo-Tamamo, that wonderful brand of malice halfheartedly disguised with cutesy friendliness with a hint of beastial nature is extremely Fate/Extra Tamamo.

Taciturn Tactician fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Dec 26, 2019

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Yeah Nasu, at least add some wrinkles or something. It's been what, almost twenty years??

Man, gently caress Mapo tofu guy

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I like the one dude Da Vinci just goes "Hm, actually, gently caress him, next" about

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

At least Gudako got paid...

:ohdear:

Even if I weren't spoiled to hell about what's coming, though, I like how "some rich rear end in a top hat and a bunch of Call of Duty mooks" are an actual threat after all we've been through. Even before getting to Koyanskaya and the priest.

OnimaruXLR posted:

I know it's just her nature to present a sunny face front after she became director, but Davinci seems to be a little too rosy minded about how this is all going to shake out. I mean she and Holmes clearly have their contingency plans grinding away in the background, but still... the tone of "IT'LL BE FINE!" strikes me as oddly non-genius of her.

She clearly is compartmentalizing information. Koyanskaya was willing to grind Guda to paste if they knew anything about Team A, even their names. The less other people know about the contingency plans, the better.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

dogsicle posted:

kadoc sounds like a sweet guy :shobon:

Eh, he leaves me a little cold.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Part 2 sounds exciting and I hope it has a lot of cute girls in it

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

dogsicle posted:

kadoc sounds like a sweet guy :shobon:

Ophelia wears an eyepatch, so clearly she’s the best character

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Kotomine Kirei my rear end. This is a shapeshifter or something, there's no goddamn way the real rear end Kotomine is in Chaldea in 2019 working for the church. Also that secretary is DEFINITELY either straight up an aspect of Tamamo or some kind of psuedo-Tamamo, that wonderful brand of malice halfheartedly disguised with cutesy friendliness with a hint of beastial nature is extremely Fate/Extra Tamamo.

Do we even know what happened in Fuyuki in FGO other than:
-Dead Dad and Solomon won and
-The greater grail went nutso and corrupted everyone except the above Servant and MagiCu?

Seems like that'd be a fun little one off story to tell at some point, but then again, I feel the same way about the dismantling of the Fuyuki HGW in the FSN timeline, so

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Turns out Singularity F stands for Singularity Final, and the last story of the game has us going back there.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Squiddycat posted:

Part 2 sounds exciting and I hope it has a lot of cute girls in it

hinako is the cutest

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain

Exia posted:

Ophelia wears an eyepatch, so clearly she’s the best character

:hmmyes:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I wanna punch Kirschtaria in the face.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I'm just plugging my ears and going LA LA LA LA LA LA at the thread 'cause I decided to clear out the last few things from last year (A stray interlude, the week's master missions, the bonus play in Salem) instead of doing the new prequel

but I wanna say that ReDrop illustration is amazing.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The story stuff is two 0-cost single section chapters, it takes like 20 minutes.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Asimo posted:

Which one is Guts Man though?

beryl gut is right there

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Terper posted:

The story stuff is two 0-cost single section chapters, it takes like 20 minutes.

Plus it gives 30 SQ

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

and a free 4* exp CE

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

And a horrible feeling of doom, dread, and foreboding!

:ohdear:

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
If you can't trust Kirei, who can you trust?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

dogsicle posted:

and a free 4* exp CE

Oh boy! More +50 Master XP!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the_steve posted:

Oh boy! More +50 Master XP!

or plus however much exp it gives to your CE bomb

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Obvious pseudonym Scandinavia Peperoncino , in a team that includes Kadoc Zemlupus, Beryl Gut and Daybit Sem Void.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Terper posted:

I don't want to go into the new year with stuff still on my 'todo' list!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Nasu it's ok to have your Western character's names be like...James, or John, or Jorge, or even Pierre. They don't have to literally all be nonsense word salad.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Gologle posted:

Nasu it's ok to have your Western character's names be like...James, or John, or Jorge, or even Pierre. They don't have to literally all be nonsense word salad.

Mike Truk

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Traveller posted:

Obvious pseudonym Scandinavia Peperoncino , in a team that includes Kadoc Zemlupus, Beryl Gut and Daybit Sem Void.

It's the only one fully made of existing words.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Honestly, that felt like a boss review. Nothing good comes of introducing characters in silhouette. I know it's a narrative device as we never knew/met these people before, but still.

And, yeah, Secretary Girl is a servant of some sort, pudgy guy is probably absolutely clueless, and Kotomine Kirei is gonna die, one way or another, dammit.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I get the distinct impression that it's supposed to be extremely obvious that said people in silhouettes will somehow be tied to future arcs and be their respective "bosses" (note - I don't know any of the upcoming plot so if any of that is true it's speculation, not spoilers).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Dec 27, 2019

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
There's approximately a 0% chance that Koyanskaya isn't one of the Tamamo Nine, given she literally has a fox earring.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

:toot:

Skilled and Fou'd. No grails or gold fou's and only NP1, but close enough for me. Almost Perfect Abby.

EDIT: Also, my Fate/Accounting spreadsheet.

Crasical fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Dec 27, 2019

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

OnimaruXLR posted:

-The greater grail went nutso and corrupted everyone except the above Servant and MagiCu?

Seems like that'd be a fun little one off story to tell at some point, but then again, I feel the same way about the dismantling of the Fuyuki HGW in the FSN timeline, so

That was singularity Fuyuki, where history had been changed, wasn't it?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I did 11 boxes this event

That is, I did 11 boxes, and all the CEs, and the all the gold fous and the challenge quest and the whole event story,

all yesterday

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Christmas well spent

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Taciturn Tactician posted:

That was singularity Fuyuki, where history had been changed, wasn't it?

OnimaruXLR posted:

There was only a single Fuyuki Holy Grail war in FGO's timeline. It was in 2004 and was won by Marisbilly Animusphere, and judging by Episode 0 for Babylonia, left much of the city in flames.

Also the Fuyuki Singularity encountered in the prologue was not necessarily a perfect recreation of the FGO-timeline Fuyuki Grail War in terms of what servants were there. Afterall, Marisbilly's servant was the Caster and it wasn't Druid Cu.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Mason Dixon posted:

Yeah, the introductions for the group felt more like boss previews, though I'm not sure why they'd be antagonists. I'm guessing something will go wrong during their awakening to brainwash or subjugate them, maybe deliberately due to the new evil-acting lady. I'm also very curious about the one Da Vinci was so eager to just skip over.

Scandinavia Peperocino is an extremely villainous name and I will not hear a word to the contrary.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

YggdrasilTM posted:

Beryl Gut :colbert:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

YggdrasilTM posted:

Beryl Gut is not a crazy name, though the romanization people were using of "Beryl Gat" back when these names were first being given to us was definitely much better. Daybit and Wodime's names hold a special place in my heart alongside Altria and whatever the gently caress Sola-Ui's full name is supposed to be for awful Type-Moon names that can go to hell.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nrvnqsr Chaos owns though and tbh I genuinely like the name Kadoc Zemlupus even if I thought it was awful word salad when I first heard it

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Dec 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I still have no idea how to say Nrvnqsr.

Honestly names that are hard to spell or pronounce should be against the rules.