Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kesper North posted:

Aw, jeeze. My surprise is way less cool than I thought. Oh well, that's good.

You're still a good friend for sharing the joy of monkey prime for christmas :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Sesquiculus posted:

Have people already reached the top of this Nightwave Intermission? I was trying to use my holiday time to catch up, but stopped receiving recovered missions at rank 19. Does that seem about right or have I run into a bug? Tried relogging a couple of times and nothing changed.

You might not have access to all of the possible Nightwave missions. Have you completed the star chart?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Kesper North posted:

you still did a good thing, don't sell yourself short

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Inzombiac posted:

Wow, finally got Old Mate with the labor union. Time to go turn in some tags and... aaaaAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
So I've been using a Soma Prime as my primary weapon for many years, and after looking at this tier list you guys posted, I've realized it was great back in the day, but it isn't so great anymore. I took the top weapons I own and excluded things I do not like, like alt-fire weapons and sniper rifles. I generally like to look in one direction and watch everything die. So I've narrowed it down to three weapons: Acceltra, Amprex, and Ignis Wraith. Which would you guys recommend? I mostly play Mesa so I rarely use my primary anyway. I mainly just want something to work on and throw some forma in for this Nightwave mission.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Ignis Wraith is THE weapon for clearing massive packs of enemies. It's so effective that I've stopped using it just to give myself a challenge.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
For anyone who is railjacking in the veiland seeing derelicts, to get the reward from the cache in them, you need to not have completed the map before opening it. The cache reward is revealed as a 4th bonus reward on the complete mission screen. Now if youve missed a bunch of rewards because of this, dont worry. The rewards suck. 34% chance to get a spectra vandal part and rest is fresnels and dirac.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Arsonide posted:

Acceltra, Amprex, and Ignis Wraith. Which would you guys recommend? I mostly play Mesa so I rarely use my primary anyway. I mainly just want something to work on and throw some forma in for this Nightwave mission.

Acceltra is unambiguously my favorite of that group but it is fundamentally an automatic grenade launcher, something like an AGS-30 or a Mk-19. It's definitely a different feel.

Amprex might be best for what you're thinking about, since if you're mostly using Peacemakers to clear long sightlines, Amprex is a superlative piece of gear for tight corridors where it winds up chaining to enemies you weren't even aware of.

Ignis Wraith is the sort of weapon I don't feel the need to sell people on.

I would recommend not overlooking the Kohm. Even if you can't pull off the slash trick that people love and just use it for straight damage, it mulches everything well into sortie 3 effortlessly and feels like a better Soma.

Iretep posted:

For anyone who is railjacking in the veiland seeing derelicts, to get the reward from the cache in them, you need to not have completed the map before opening it. The cache reward is revealed as a 4th bonus reward on the complete mission screen. Now if youve missed a bunch of rewards because of this, dont worry. The rewards suck. 34% chance to get a spectra vandal part and rest is fresnels and dirac.

Gross.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Iretep posted:

That's DE as all hell, I have no words.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Kesper North posted:

You did what heroes do :)

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

Tulip posted:

Acceltra is unambiguously my favorite of that group but it is fundamentally an automatic grenade launcher, something like an AGS-30 or a Mk-19. It's definitely a different feel.

Amprex might be best for what you're thinking about, since if you're mostly using Peacemakers to clear long sightlines, Amprex is a superlative piece of gear for tight corridors where it winds up chaining to enemies you weren't even aware of.

Ignis Wraith is the sort of weapon I don't feel the need to sell people on.

I would recommend not overlooking the Kohm. Even if you can't pull off the slash trick that people love and just use it for straight damage, it mulches everything well into sortie 3 effortlessly and feels like a better Soma.

Gross.

I've had an Ignis Wraith and an Amprex for a long time. I briefly skipped by the Acceltra while grinding mastery and I had a good time with it. So I decided shortly before you posted to start pimping it out with the best build I could find on Overframe. It...isn't disappointing so far. It definitely has a high "fun" factor compared to the other two weapons, namely because the Ignis and Amprex unceremoniously destroy anything in their cone of fire, whereas the Acceltra launches corpses all over the loving place. Also it's a launcher that is hard to hurt yourself with, which is just...magical.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Arsonide posted:

So I've been using a Soma Prime as my primary weapon for many years, and after looking at this tier list you guys posted, I've realized it was great back in the day, but it isn't so great anymore. I took the top weapons I own and excluded things I do not like, like alt-fire weapons and sniper rifles. I generally like to look in one direction and watch everything die. So I've narrowed it down to three weapons: Acceltra, Amprex, and Ignis Wraith. Which would you guys recommend? I mostly play Mesa so I rarely use my primary anyway. I mainly just want something to work on and throw some forma in for this Nightwave mission.

I encourage you to try the Fulmin. I didn't think it would be for me, but I love that gun so much I'm sick of it now.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Arsonide posted:

I've had an Ignis Wraith and an Amprex for a long time. I briefly skipped by the Acceltra while grinding mastery and I had a good time with it. So I decided shortly before you posted to start pimping it out with the best build I could find on Overframe. It...isn't disappointing so far. It definitely has a high "fun" factor compared to the other two weapons, namely because the Ignis and Amprex unceremoniously destroy anything in their cone of fire, whereas the Acceltra launches corpses all over the loving place. Also it's a launcher that is hard to hurt yourself with, which is just...magical.

Acceltra rules, try it with Mirage.

The secondary for it, Akarius, is also amazing, but in a very different way.

Kesper North posted:

I encourage you to try the Fulmin. I didn't think it would be for me, but I love that gun so much I'm sick of it now.

Another good suggestion. Fulmin is a true monster of a gun.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'll Nth the Acceltra as both a fun and good gun that everyone should continue to use.

That said, Amprex was still my go-to when hellgrinding liches. The click to kills ratio was very good, saved much wear and tear on my index finger, and made for a relaxing stroll through the tiles.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I recommend the Synapse with a bit of punch-through on it because I am a honest head-shooting kind of Tenno :colbert:

It does get an additional +20% on its headshots and comes with Corrosive naturally, so you can raise some very high numbers if you shoot heads.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Arsonide posted:

For a very different feel, maybe give the Corinth a try. It's a shotgun that already looks like it's a prime, it's got by far the most satisfying 'gently caress-you, God-slamming-a-car-door' shotgun blast sound, is a stupid good crit weapon (the laser-sight mod gels particularly well with it), and pairs well with Mesa for high single-Target damage while her peacemakers deal with everything else. Add a little punchthrough and it'll wipe corridors, too.

Also the airburst grenade alt-fire is pretty good if you're into that kind of thing.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

McKilligan posted:

Also the airburst grenade alt-fire is pretty good if you're into that kind of thing.

I use it as an airburst-first weapon that has an option to clear a path of the people in front of me, I'm very satisfied with it but ultimately end up on Penta like 2/3 of the time anyway.

It's also got a great reload-feel. Rad as hell.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

McKilligan posted:

When you get used to the range on the airburst, it's quite a good bit snappier than the Astilla. Mind you, it does have a very specific range and does require getting used to, but it is worth it!

I should also note that the reload time on the Corinth can be divided by the maximum amount of shells in the clip, like a Strun, so you can reload very quickly if you're using Chilling Reload.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

Iretep posted:

When I tested, I got the reward no matter when I completed the mission objectives. There's no pop up, but a fourth reward still showed up above loot drops on the post mission screen after extracting. But like you said the rewards were trash and indistinguishable from what you'd get breaking open a random crate.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
there should be a 1000x credit booster so I can run the index for an hour and never need to run it ever again

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
My favorite part about being engineer on veil missions is that the mobs live long enough to see melee animations, also rip and tear :black101:

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Malloc Voidstar posted:

there should be a 1000x credit booster so I can run the index for an hour and never need to run it ever again

Agree except I would just use it to run the index 1/1000th as long

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

gnoma posted:

When I tested, I got the reward no matter when I completed the mission objectives. There's no pop up, but a fourth reward still showed up above loot drops on the post mission screen after extracting. But like you said the rewards were trash and indistinguishable from what you'd get breaking open a random crate.

Im mostly skeptical it works without doing it before mission ends because i did a lot of derelicts and never got spectra vandal parts without doing it properly.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Btw Iretep sorry for bailing on that railjack mission something came up in real life.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
I tested thoroughly a few days ago and it's easy enough to count the rewards on the mission screen. First three will always be like 750x or 1000x resource drops plus the relic or whatever main drop was. Then loot drops will start with oddball numbers like 787x carbides. The cache drop will be a fourth reward drop from the cache table, above the loot.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
The past few pages of this thread are where I learned that some people see Rivens as a bad thing? loving weirdos.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Chocobo posted:

The past few pages of this thread are where I learned that some people see Rivens as a bad thing? loving weirdos.

rivens are bad

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
rivens aren't actually necessary unless you want to drag one of the few remaining garbage weapons kicking and screaming into usability. mid-range weapons which aren't especially popular or overpowered form the vast majority of the overall wf arsenal, and for those rivens are simply a fun option.

also, meta weapons which do not in any way need a riven inspire a constant cycle of despair when their dispos inevitably tank. so, that's fun.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Victory Position posted:

When you get used to the range on the airburst, it's quite a good bit snappier than the Astilla. Mind you, it does have a very specific range and does require getting used to, but it is worth it!

I should also note that the reload time on the Corinth can be divided by the maximum amount of shells in the clip, like a Strun, so you can reload very quickly if you're using Chilling Reload.

I generally enjoy all the shotguns in this game (except the boar) and I will also champion the Corinth. In my opinion, it's even more satisfying than the Hek. In addition to Chilling Reload, I'd also recommend adding some punch through so you can handle crowds a little better.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

I Am Just a Box posted:

I'm still mad at the thermal fractures, because they were happening when I hit Old Mate, and when I made the rounds hearing each character's new dialogue at Old Mate, Eudico just told me about thermia again, and talking to her counted anyway so she never gave me her Old Mate talk.

Also because thermal fractures are a bad event that gates some Amalgam Mods I would actually like to try, even if they are suboptimal.

If you talk to the guy near where you enter to watch the opening cinematic of Fortuna again, it seems to reset the dialog counter with all the npcs. Try that?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
IgnisW, Acceltra, and Fulmin I can get behind but I'm never going to get what people see in Amprex. At five forma it feels like I'm slowly tickling enemies to death.

Chocobo posted:

It's a discussion that's been had in the thread quite a few times. It generally only comes up when there's been another massive dispo shift.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Mailer posted:

IgnisW, Acceltra, and Fulmin I can get behind but I'm never going to get what people see in Amprex. At five forma it feels like I'm slowly tickling enemies to death.
IIRC, because of how Amprex processes its damage, building crit + Hunter Munitions can lead to insane murder-shreds while also getting orange and red crits for random spikes of comedy death.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I always think rivens are bad I just lack enough posting energy to keep it going.

Anyway Amprex has been good for forever, even before hunmun, but it's very very very much a crit weapon.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Kesper North posted:

I didn't know how much I needed the Fulmin until I built it. A catchmoon/plasmor short range primary fire that can take out corridors plus a long range tight and accurate beam secondary fire in one nice little package with an arcane built in for ammo recharge? How is this an MR 8 weapon?

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

IIRC, because of how Amprex processes its damage, building crit + Hunter Munitions can lead to insane murder-shreds while also getting orange and red crits for random spikes of comedy death.

This, plus seeing red numbers popping from around corners is very satisfying.

Tulip posted:

The secondary for it, Akarius, is also amazing, but in a very different way.

What's a good Akarius build? I MRed it but wasn't that impressed, though no potatoes were invested. Still need to grind out the Acceltra.

Solumin posted:

I generally enjoy all the shotguns in this game (except the boar) and I will also champion the Corinth. In my opinion, it's even more satisfying than the Hek. In addition to Chilling Reload, I'd also recommend adding some punch through so you can handle crowds a little better.

The Strun Wraith is another killer shotgun when decked out. What's the sound of 30 corrosive procs proccing? I dunno, there's no one left to hear it.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

The Akarius is a big ol status cannon. Build it like the Pox. A gas build messes up Corpus pretty quick, corrosive and radiation have their obvious uses, either way you can pair it with a status melee and prime a small group of mans in a single shot.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

v1ld posted:

What's a good Akarius build? I MRed it but wasn't that impressed, though no potatoes were invested. Still need to grind out the Acceltra.

I use the build from cephalonb because it was ranked weirdly high and built for Raw. It is exactly what I need in a sidearm. It doesn't have the room-clearing power of an Acceltra but if you need a thing/hallway dead you can point in its vague direction and click the mouse once. Deletes L100 Grineer effortlessly. Reload sucks, but I'm not using it as a primary so meh. You absolutely need that sexilus mod.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I have a million hours in this game and only just found out I can hold right click and melee to do this cool slash forward, at least with the Orthos Prime, haven't tried anything else yet

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

CODChimera posted:

I have a million hours in this game and only just found out I can hold right click and melee to do this cool slash forward, at least with the Orthos Prime, haven't tried anything else yet

In fairness that is a new thing.

Mailer posted:

I use the build from cephalonb because it was ranked weirdly high and built for Raw. It is exactly what I need in a sidearm. It doesn't have the room-clearing power of an Acceltra but if you need a thing/hallway dead you can point in its vague direction and click the mouse once. Deletes L100 Grineer effortlessly. Reload sucks, but I'm not using it as a primary so meh. You absolutely need that sexilus mod.

Reload speed is increased based on how fast you were moving when you started reloading.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
So if you get intrinsics from repairing stuff, why am i bothering with extra shield/armour on my ship - shouldn't i be actively getting wrecked to increase the amount of free xp bubbles that pop up for my engineer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

xiw posted:

So if you get intrinsics from repairing stuff, why am i bothering with extra shield/armour on my ship - shouldn't i be actively getting wrecked to increase the amount of free xp bubbles that pop up for my engineer?

If you like burning through your resouces as you scramble to build more Revolite to patch your rickety rear end up, sure go for it. Though I am sure someone will eventually work out the point of diminishing returns for grind purposes.