Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

ShootaBoy posted:

Nerdcubed did one, which I'm trying to loving link, but I can't for some reason. It keeps doing some weird thing to the link.

edit: Ok, there we loving go. For some reason I can't just put a link to the whole playlist, but its easy enough to find on his channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHzQ0R818lo

This was decent. Anyone have others? I'm curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Requesting Splinter Cell: Blacklist, ideally multiple runs through the level to show the different playstyles it ranks you on

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I'm putting in a request for CrossCode.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Can anyone recommend post commentary LPs of more open ended games? Something like this LP of Rimworld , where you get to have the retrospective sort of commentary style, and possibly even the occasional bit of narrative, like noticing a particular bit of drama going on, or having fun making up a little story about what a character is thinking as they spray gunfire wildly into a herd of animals.

Doesn't need to be Rimworld or similar styles of games, this is just the example I'm using to try and get across what I mean. Also this LP is really good and you should watch it sometime.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ShootaBoy posted:

Can anyone recommend post commentary LPs of more open ended games? Something like this LP of Rimworld , where you get to have the retrospective sort of commentary style, and possibly even the occasional bit of narrative, like noticing a particular bit of drama going on, or having fun making up a little story about what a character is thinking as they spray gunfire wildly into a herd of animals.

Doesn't need to be Rimworld or similar styles of games, this is just the example I'm using to try and get across what I mean. Also this LP is really good and you should watch it sometime.

Have you read boat murdered https://lparchive.org/Dwarf-Fortress-Boatmurdered, or Bronzestabbed http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3492084 or Gemclod http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3349669 or Headshoots https://lparchive.org/Dwarf-Fortress-Headshoots or Syrupleaf https://lparchive.org/Dwarf-Fortress-Syrupleaf/

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Requesting Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri, either fresh or a link to someone good.

You are the only person I’ve ever seen mention this game in the wild and sometimes I feel like I imagined it for how much I adored it.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
Does anyone know of a good Lost Odyssey LP? Video or screenshot is fine.

It's just one of those games I've always been interested in but have never built up the want to play for more than the first few hours.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Someone was doing one a while back but I forget who.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Are there any LPs of note of the early Assassin's Creed games? I've managed to bypass the franchise entirely but I kinda wanna know what this Ezio guy's deal is.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

YggiDee posted:

Are there any LPs of note of the early Assassin's Creed games? I've managed to bypass the franchise entirely but I kinda wanna know what this Ezio guy's deal is.

Geop did a really nice job on the first and the second ones.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Is there a Darksiders 3 lp that's good and informative and not-blind? I've been struggling on all three counts.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

EthanSteele posted:

Is there a Darksiders 3 lp that's good and informative and not-blind? I've been struggling on all three counts.
Maybe Jeff and David: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOuVgcDCRe4 They did some fun, informative LP's of the first two Darksiders and it seems they've continued that with 3 (and the recently released Genesis). Bit slow normally with an update schedule, but they are entertaining without being overbearing and very thorough I feel.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Don't know why I didn't think of checking them. It's blind, but it'll do, thanks!

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
Maybe an LP of like, Battletech would be fun. Or one of the old Impressions city Builders.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Fivemarks posted:

Maybe an LP of like, Battletech would be fun. Or one of the old Impressions city Builders.

I love the Impressions city builder games and played every one from Caesar 2 through Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom absolutely to death, but I'm not really sure how you would LP those.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

Youtuber GhazPlays has completed a bunch of the Impressions city builders, and apart from his tendency to get stuck with indecision every now and then, they're quite good.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Has anyone done Six Ages yet? I really liked some of the KODP screenshot LPs here.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Linear Zoetrope posted:

Has anyone done Six Ages yet? I really liked some of the KODP screenshot LPs here.

Infinitum has one going here, though at the moment its sort of on hold for a bit because of both holidays and also Australia being more than a bit on fire.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I'd like to see a video LP of Control, maybe à la the Prey LP by TheLastRoboKy and Coolguye. supergreatfriend did a demo play that whetted my appetite and left me wanting more.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
We've got The 7th Guest and The 11th Hour...does anyone have plans to do The 13th Doll?

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

The Netflix series has me wanting to go back and watch LPs of the first two The Witcher games (which I never played). I found this Witcher 2 LP by VivaVizer in the master list but there didn't appear to be any completed LPs of the first game.

Any recommendations for "cinematic" style LPs that focus more on the plot and lore than on the gameplay?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lawen posted:

The Netflix series has me wanting to go back and watch LPs of the first two The Witcher games (which I never played). I found this Witcher 2 LP by VivaVizer in the master list but there didn't appear to be any completed LPs of the first game.

Any recommendations for "cinematic" style LPs that focus more on the plot and lore than on the gameplay?

There hasn't been any SA-based LPs of Witcher 1, to my knowledge. At least not completed ones. There's been a scattered few attempts at The Witcher 3, but it's kind of been written off by the community here as "un-LP-able" based off of just how loving huge the game is in terms of content both with and without DLC.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

nine-gear crow posted:

There hasn't been any SA-based LPs of Witcher 1, to my knowledge. At least not completed ones. There's been a scattered few attempts at The Witcher 3, but it's kind of been written off by the community here as "un-LP-able" based off of just how loving huge the game is in terms of content both with and without DLC.

To anyone reading this and thinking "yeah I can be the one" please god LP something small first so you understand what you're getting into.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
CirclMastr has a blind playthrough of The Witcher ongoing at the moment: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3890773

I could take a stab at an informative, and maybe more concise, LP at some point in the future but I have my plate full at the moment. Also, I don't really want to step on CirclMastr's toes as his LP is still very active right now. I've only just finished the fourth book so my knowledge of the lore is only half complete at this moment in time. I'll see where things are at in a few months but I'll definitely give it some serious consideration. If anyone else wants to take up the reigns though, feel free.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

To anyone reading this and thinking "yeah I can be the one" please god LP something small first so you understand what you're getting into.

Really bummed the SuperNattyBros flamed out on their Witcher 3 LP with their first and only post ever on SA. They even had bicep facecam to show off how swole they were while playing the game.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Truly, a moment lost in time, like tears in rain.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
How have we gotten to Luigi's Mansion 3 without any LPs of Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Because 3DS video capture is prohibitively expensive and 3DS emulation is still very immature.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

Because 3DS video capture is prohibitively expensive and 3DS emulation is still very immature.

Yeah, Citra has come a long way in a relatively short time, but it's still got a lot of kinks to work out and optimization to be done, because a lot of games still play like garbage on even really powerful systems.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Anyone got recs for a good Darkwood LP?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Been meaning to find an E.Y.E LP for a while now and I keep forgetting to check in here. Any recommendations, in-site or otherwise?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

A Sometimes Food posted:

Anyone got recs for a good Darkwood LP?

I am also still waiting for a good (preferably subtitled) Darkwood LP.

Edmond Dantes posted:

Been meaning to find an E.Y.E LP for a while now and I keep forgetting to check in here. Any recommendations, in-site or otherwise?

https://lparchive.org/EYE-Divine-Cybermancy/

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

The IRS gave me a refund. I spent it on this SA account. What was I thinking?!
I'd like someone to take another shot at a Nomad LP. JossiRossi did one about nine years ago, but it was abandoned halfway(-ish) through, and I haven't found ANY LPs of the game on Youtube.

Flac
Sep 6, 2010

supposedly it frees you from anxiety and nihilism

Hirayuki posted:

I'd like to see a video LP of Control, maybe à la the Prey LP by TheLastRoboKy and Coolguye. supergreatfriend did a demo play that whetted my appetite and left me wanting more.

Seconding this, I am never gonna play the game but the lore and presentation looks really interesting, and I'd like to see a decently informative LP showcasing it.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Has anyone done a decent LP of the new Battletech? Especially if they're showing off any of the DLC stuff.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

Lawen posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3798543&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

this is for the dlc, blood and wine. it's pretty good.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Jon Joe posted:

I am also still waiting for a good (preferably subtitled) Darkwood LP.

Yeah I've bounced off it a few times but I know it would be LP gold if someone did it without... like... all the facecams and clowning for camera that's omnipresent in youtuber horror lps. I guess I could try Cohhcarnage but he irritates me for some reason.

Wish the Best Friends did more than a two ep Shitstorm for it.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

S.J. posted:

Has anyone done a decent LP of the new Battletech? Especially if they're showing off any of the DLC stuff.

A Raving Loon did streams of campaign mode a few months back and is doing streams of the DLC stuff now. All their stuff is archived on YouTube.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Re: The Witcher 1, I started and gave up on the game several times because of janky controls and The Swamp so ended up watching this LP several years ago: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLib-fhfCM7h46a1Xm96b9tgWuso_F8Z7U

It was a blind playthrough so not lore heavy or anything but the guy is a decent LPer. He's also done the second and third games but I haven't watched them. I think there's definitely room for someone to do a lore-heavy LP of the game, or even just an experienced person to do a good non-blind playthrough, because as far as I can tell neither of those exist.

CirclMastr is doing a fantastic job though so really I just recommend you watch his.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
Been hankering for a good podcast, anyone got a good D&D game I could put on?