Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Tom Watson, buried up to the neck by whooping Corbyn cultists. He faces his end with stoic dignity.

Edit: It has been 402 hours since Twatson last had any food. He's been sucking the dew off a discarded condom every morning, but he's becoming too weak even for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I ate a very good pie in a pub in Norfolk today ama

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Jose posted:

I ate a very good pie in a pub in Norfolk today ama

what kind of pie

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Game, red wine and juniper. The game was pheasant, pigeon, rabbit and venison

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Jose posted:

Game, red wine and juniper. The game was pheasant, pigeon, rabbit and venison

Wow my mouth just filled right up with saliva

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

loving Ian Duncan Smith has been knighted. The absolute loving state of that.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Sounds a lot better than draughts, hot wheels, and ludo men pie.

e: ^^ Traditional way was to kill a bunch of serfs. Generally someone else's like Sir Bob Geldof did, but modern times require modern methods.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

People get knighted for services to the monarchy, or to some other powerful oval office. At best, they get knighted because some powerful oval office wants to benefit from their popularity.

All knighthoods are bastards. AKAB.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Reminder that IDS lied about having a degree in his official biography not once but twice (and with different degrees each time), the second time several years after getting caught the first time, all the while being the Tory leader.

But it's Corbyn who's the shifty undeducated oik according to the media, ofc.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Private Speech posted:

undeducated oik

Degree in necromancy?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Unkempt posted:

Degree in necromancy?

Hey now, lichcraft is a very useful tool to get closer to the lived experience of the Tory voting public :v:

Sadly it was accounting and, uhh, something in Italy I believe.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Braggart posted:

People get knighted for services to the monarchy, or to some other powerful oval office. At best, they get knighted because some powerful oval office wants to benefit from their popularity.

All knighthoods are bastards. AKAB.

The sole, singular counterpoint I have is Sir Terry Pratchett, who after being knighted collected meteorites from his garden, and enlisted the help of a smith to forge them into a sword "because a knight really ought to have his own sword"

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
We've had a Tory government for 9 years who else gets to be honoured for their service in government really?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Guavanaut posted:

Sounds a lot better than draughts, hot wheels, and ludo men pie.

e: ^^ Traditional way was to kill a bunch of serfs. Generally someone else's like Sir Bob Geldof did, but modern times require modern methods.

wait what

that took a sharp turn

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

mehall posted:

collected meteorites from his garden

was his house built on a convergence of leylines or something to attract not just one but multiple meteorites to land in the garden

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

kecske posted:

was his house built on a convergence of leylines or something to attract not just one but multiple meteorites to land in the garden

It was a lot of bog iron and a bit of meteorite. I think it is on display on the Pratchett exhibit at Salisbury but it’s been a while since I’ve gone

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

mehall posted:

The sole, singular counterpoint I have is Sir Terry Pratchett, who after being knighted collected meteorites from his garden, and enlisted the help of a smith to forge them into a sword "because a knight really ought to have his own sword"

Terry Pratchett is the reason I said all knighthoods are bastards rather than all knights :D

And I'd put him under "some powerful oval office wanted to benefit from his popularity" ;)

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!
When Scotland goes independent, Ireland reunifies and the people in Wales decide escaping the EU is more important than escaping the UK, I propose we change the name of the country to Wangland.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Braggart posted:

Terry Pratchett is the reason I said all knighthoods are bastards rather than all knights :D

And I'd put him under "some powerful oval office wanted to benefit from his popularity" ;)
McKellan & Stewart aren't bad either, but I fully expect them to get milkshake ducked.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
They should Knight the cats that live in number 10.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/davidgraeber/status/1210322505229094912?s=21
Says it all really

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Nigel Farage still has no title, though, which must secretly annoy him and all his dumb as hell fan club.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Braggart posted:

Douglas Adams being overlooked was a loving travesty.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/REWearmouth/status/1210573681073803267

Lavery4Leader

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

:pray:

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Jollity Farm posted:

Nigel Farage still has no title, though, which must secretly annoy him and all his dumb as hell fan club.

He's going to bow before the queen to receive his title and she's going to show up with the ritual claymore of the King of Scots and swing with both hands.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Hahaha, gently caress if it’s Ian ‘legitimate concerns of the working class’ Lavery who takes photos with his son blacked up at parties, he may as well get Lisa Nandy as his deputy and push for the English Labour Party. Given how involved he was in planning this election I could only expect good things.

Pesmerga fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Dec 28, 2019

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Apparently this year's Honours list was written up when May was still PM, which could be why Farage got nothing. Wouldn't be surprised if he got something next year.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Bobby Deluxe posted:

McKellan & Stewart aren't bad either, but I fully expect them to get milkshake ducked.
The former attended the Bryan Singer parties where underage boys were being passed around, I'm pretty sure. They are also old, white, famous British men, the only question is really how depraved their crimes.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Pesmerga posted:

Hahaha, gently caress if it’s Ian ‘legitimate concerns of the working class’ Lavery who takes photos with his son blacked up at parties, he may as well get Lisa Nandy as his deputy and push for the English Labour Party. Given how involved he was in planning this election I could only expect good things.

Hey if the lesson Labour wants to take from this election is to be more like the Tories, nobody quite knows how to take money from the poorest and redistribute it to the ruling elite like Lavery does.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The Express are pretending to be terrified of Keir Starmer and Yvette Pooper Power Partnership lol.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

wait what

that took a sharp turn
He arranged a massive benefit concert in Wembley Stadium to raise money for war criminals who used it to poison people's fields. Tony Blair shed a tear of joy.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I'm really excited for this contest. It's going to be so revealing. I just need to know, is the dream alive?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Seeing Ian Donkey Smith trending had me excited that he'd died but no, its just talk about him being Knighted because of course he is.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Guavanaut posted:

He arranged a massive benefit concert in Wembley Stadium to raise money for war criminals who used it to poison people's fields. Tony Blair shed a tear of joy.

that seems a little unfair, the money was raised for famine relief. the funds being misappropriated isn't on Bob, surely.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Yeah, at least he saw the famine on the news and tried to do something about it, rather than switch channels and watch the footie instead.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

thatbastardken posted:

that seems a little unfair, the money was raised for famine relief. the funds being misappropriated isn't on Bob, surely.

In fairness nobody had tested before what happens when you throw £100m into a poverty stricken warzone without asking any questions. Live Aid probably didn't actually make things worse (the war would have continued regardless). Lots of the spending was probably ineffectual because it was spent on the basis that the problem was a natural famine rather than a human-caused one, which was entirely foreseeable.

Bob did make Maggie waive VAT on the single as a charitable purpose, setting a precedent that in the long run has probably done the most good to come out of the whole thing?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Alchenar posted:

In fairness nobody had tested before what happens when you throw £100m into a poverty stricken warzone without asking any questions.
That seems like something that you might be able to guess. At least the Brits who showed up in Biafra with a tommy gun picked a side rather than doing the most liberal thing possible and just throwing money ~neutrally~ at an atrocity.

Alchenar posted:

Live Aid probably didn't actually make things worse (the war would have continued regardless). Lots of the spending was probably ineffectual because it was spent on the basis that the problem was a natural famine rather than a human-caused one, which was entirely foreseeable.
MSF estimates 50,000 to 100,000 deaths directly resulted from the poisonings and forced resettlements he directly funded. Maybe all those people would have still died if he'd done nothing, but it is at the very least a cautionary tale about the idea of situationally neutral altruism vs. direct action or knowing what the hell is going on before throwing money at it.

Alchenar posted:

Bob did make Maggie waive VAT on the single as a charitable purpose, setting a precedent that in the long run has probably done the most good to come out of the whole thing?
I think the worst thing to come from the whole thing was the pseudo-vindication of this nihilistic gen-x attitude that "see, doing things makes things worse, better not do anything" when in reality it was an excellent proof of where "He sure gets me singing those songs, And I'll send all the money you ask for, But don't ask me to come on along" gets you.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Arise, Sir Duncan...

No, my name is Iain.

Arise, Sir Iain of Duncan...

No, Iain Duncan Smith.

Arise, Sir Iain of Duncan Smithy...

Eh, it'll do. As long as I get a sword to threaten poors with.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Jollity Farm posted:

Farage will get one snuck in next year for ‘services to brexit’ or whatever word is judged appropriate to replace it. Once the direct correlation between him standing aside his candidates and getting a prize from Johnson has faded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Braggart posted:

Arise, Sir Duncan...

No, my name is Iain.

Arise, Sir Iain of Duncan...

No, Iain Duncan Smith.

Arise, Sir Iain of Duncan Smithy...

Eh, it'll do. As long as I get a sword to threaten poors with.

His full name is actually George Iain Duncan Smith lol