Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
permabanning barnacle jim, what have the forums come too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
2019?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

ahahahahahhahhhahahha

hahhahahhha

hahaha

ha.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
He measured his face and it turns out it was long

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

anyone in this thread asking who barnacle jim is should be banned what the gently caress

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Alaois posted:

anyone in this thread asking who barnacle jim is should be banned what the gently caress

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Everyone crazy about a long faced man

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
i mean, looking at the post? and the rap sheet? I can get it.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

what if we know & dont care

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

purple death ray posted:

This is normal

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

purple death ray posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=M1DcD8e55YY

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Barnacle Jim walks into a bar.
A horse loses it's job.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

RIP Arthur Korn.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Lowtax is posting in the Trans Thread, and all I can think is, "This ain't it chief."

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Boba Pearl posted:

Lowtax is posting in the Trans Thread, and all I can think is, "This ain't it chief."

Oh god, dude. Oh god. Oh no. Oh god. Oh no.

Please, Taxman, just let it breathe.
(link? I don't know where the new trans thread is situated, and the old one used to be my place.)

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

I wonder if Mr. Korn and Michael Beveridge ever settled things and put the welfare of the Yorba Linda Water District first

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

FYAD 2.0 is going about as well as GBS 2.0 I see

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
well im sure its a productive chat for everyone involved that will end with amicable understanding between parties

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I got a feeling TGRS is gonna get shut down in a couple weeks...

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Joined *"checks notes*" 27 December 2019.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

DicktheCat posted:

(link? I don't know where the new trans thread is situated, and the old one used to be my place.)

It's in C-Spam, I think, which is not a good place for it. Or any thread where you don't want something filled with accelerationist dickheads who just want to shout about how the world is ending.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It's in C-Spam, I think, which is not a good place for it. Or any thread where you don't want something filled with accelerationist dickheads who just want to shout about how the world is ending.

no its in TGRS

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Anyone who expected this to play out in any other manner is a goddamned fool.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

*panicked little nervous giggle*

Oh god.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

That's mainly the climate change thread which is also now I believe the forums biggest source of federal agency visits

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017

Solice Kirsk posted:

I got a feeling TGRS is gonna get shut down in a couple weeks...

It really feels that way right now

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Welp, looks like leftist discourse on the site is going to get suppressed again so things can remain "apolitical", ie, unchallenging to cishet white dudes.

EDIT: But look on the bright side, the poor, oppressed people who get a kick out of misgendering people can finally speak freely again. I mean, it's not like they ever couldn't, but it's the principle of the thing.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Edit: naw I dont want to be mean actually

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Tardcore posted:

Why you didnt get permad with turtilicious is a god drat mystery too me

Because they didn't threaten to bomb anything?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Screaming Idiot posted:

Welp, looks like leftist discourse on the site is going to get suppressed again so things can remain "apolitical", ie, unchallenging to cishet white dudes.

EDIT: But look on the bright side, the poor, oppressed people who get a kick out of misgendering people can finally speak freely again. I mean, it's not like they ever couldn't, but it's the principle of the thing.

Post, username.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
I reaaaallly want to hear the thought process behind closing QCS for this long, because instead of one smallish forum boiling over its like three major ones.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Tardcore posted:

no its in TGRS

You're right, I was thinking of the mental health thread, which is maybe even worse as something being in that cesspit. It's like putting an AA meeting in a bar at 8pm on a friday.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's just proxy wars, ala vietnam, afghanistan, etc

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

You're right, I was thinking of the mental health thread, which is maybe even worse as something being in that cesspit. It's like putting an AA meeting in a bar at 8pm on a friday.

You gotta wonder if the chicken comes before the egg here

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

DicktheCat posted:

Oh god, dude. Oh god. Oh no. Oh god. Oh no.

Please, Taxman, just let it breathe.

Lowtax posted:

You honestly believe this? Two decades of always standing up for and trying to create a safe space for trans people, and now suddenly we don't care about your concerns? Tons of people got banned, the rules were made clear that similar actions, just like in the past, will NOT be tolerated and will result in a ban like we always have. FYAD was moved to a new forum, but the admin team doesn't care about your concerns.

It's a compromise. Neither group of people are 100% happy, that's why it's called a compromise. If you believe the admins don't care about your community, look back and see how we've dealt with things in the past for so long. This has not been a long recurring event or an issue that has been ignored for a long time. It's amazing how one event can entirely erase all the goodwill we've created over nearly two decades.

If the rules are broken again, people will get banned, just like last time. There's no need or valid reason to totally erase an entire forum because of a fairly isolated event.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

it's just proxy wars, ala vietnam, afghanistan, etc

shitposters sans frontiers

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Lol Lowtax is going to kill this site even more all to cover a tiny minority of the community comprised of middle-aged manchildren mad they can't say slurs anymore, isn't he?

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Accordion Man posted:

Lol Lowtax is going to kill this site even more all to cover a tiny minority of the community comprised of middle-aged manchildren mad they can't say slurs anymore, isn't he?

Seems that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nah. I'm sure upwards of dozens of posters may move on though.