Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGyaLB9j5WY

Strip Fighter 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
That one amusingly got sequels in the form of Super Strip Fighter IV and its revision Ultra Strip Fighter IV, famous among other things for using Abel's discarded little girl concept design for SF4.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the recovery on Bella's air fireball is absurd

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:

It's not in the video, but Amanda has a move where she pulls her top down and uses her breasts to spinning lariat. I think I used that to cheese my way through arcade mode.

Also thanks for all the Smash advice, I guess I should work on Terry and Ganandorf.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

One of the core Ganondorf setups is his sideb command grab, which launches the opponent into a tech situation right in front of you. You guess what they are going to do afterwards and follow up accordingly. Roll away you can regrab with more sideb, roll behind you can turnaround fsmash. No tech you can dtilt and this kills at red percents. Getup attack you can sh dair, tech behind you can catch with dsmash hit 2, tech away you can dash attack I think. The sideb setup is basically tech/notech and guess neutral, left or right roll. When you learn to read this you will become very frustrating to battle. Crush tgeir spirits.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

Endorph posted:

id like to propose a moratorium on the word horny

you heard her, folks. we're going back to "lewd."

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
does anyone here know how to play xmen vs street fighter

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zand posted:

I know how to lose to you

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Zand posted:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Possible hints of SF6 and a Capcom Mega-Bundle (including Darkstalkers, Rival Schools, Pocket Fighter, and Puzzle Fighter)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7-Wzkspbrk

Warning: MaximilianDood

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ugh rival schools, now i need to watch

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
He's probably just referencing the zilion old trademarks Capcom renewed recently.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

ugh rival schools, now i need to watch

There's no reason to watch a Max video

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

kirbysuperstar posted:

There's no reason to watch a Max video

saves me from reading eventhubs or other forums and i can skip ahead in the vid

if nothing else he serves the same purpose as vesperarcade, a newsreader and trailer announcement service for my youtube subscription page

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
That video is literally just him bullshitting about Eventhubs posts for twenty minutes, you're saving no time and you have to parse out whatever incorrect bullshit he adds on top of everything

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Probably the only relevant info from that video is the first part: The Winner of the Capcom Cup 2020 won't auto qualify for 2021, which is the same thing that happened in 2015 just before SF5 came out. (Also with the new console gen coming out it would be a really good time to announce SF6).

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't imagine how bad sf6 will be

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Capcoms next fg is dmc vs

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I can't imagine how bad sf6 will be

hands and feet 50% bigger

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I just can’t wait for all the “SFV was actually really good” posts the moment SF6 comes out

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
SF6: Literally just reskinned Marvel vs Capcom 2

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Gologle posted:

SF6: Literally just reskinned Marvel vs Capcom 2

YES

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.
Maybe we’ll get Capcom VS. SNK 3.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

It'll never happen but Arc System Works VS. Capcom has been a secret dream of mine.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Zinkraptor posted:

It'll never happen but Arc System Works VS. Capcom has been a secret dream of mine.

Only if Arc takes the lead in development.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
How about, instead of sequels and crossovers and IP games and reboots, someone makes something new

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Chaotic Flame posted:

Only if Arc takes the lead in development.

Absolutely not, this is a job for French Bread

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

How about, instead of sequels and crossovers and IP games and reboots, someone makes something new

Something like Fantasy Strike? Sign me up.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I want an airdasher starring Hanna Barbara characters.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Shaggy is a pet character controlling Scooby. He has a metered mechanic kinda like Johnny's coins but with Scooby snacks.

George Jetson has a bunch of gadgets and zones.

Grape Ape is pretty much a gorilla rushdown because this idea is getting tenuous

Dudley Do-Right is kind of a respectable shoto

Whatever

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

So, Guilty Gear Strive.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:

Spanish Manlove posted:

Shaggy is a pet character controlling Scooby. He has a metered mechanic kinda like Johnny's coins but with Scooby snacks.

George Jetson has a bunch of gadgets and zones.

Grape Ape is pretty much a gorilla rushdown because this idea is getting tenuous

Dudley Do-Right is kind of a respectable shoto

Whatever

Snagglepuss exits the stage on the left side.

Fighting game idea: You're fighting over who gets the last slice of pizza.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
give me something new, like Arc Sys vs Jojo's.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Out of curiosity, what is it that people don't like about SFV? I was skeptical of it at first but it's started to grow on me. That said, I have no real frame of reference for it, as I haven't dived very deeply into any of the games I've bought.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

Scooby would be the character and Shaggy the pet.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Lemon-Lime posted:

Scooby would be the character and Shaggy the pet.

I mean if we're using Scooby Snax to activate the pet then clearly it's Velma as the character with Shaggy and Scoob as the pets.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

FrostyPox posted:

Out of curiosity, what is it that people don't like about SFV? I was skeptical of it at first but it's started to grow on me. That said, I have no real frame of reference for it, as I haven't dived very deeply into any of the games I've bought.

Most people still remember the launch, which was a disaster. As the game is right now, i.e. CE, it's not bad.

If SF6 happens, it'll be because Sony wants another exclusive for PS5. For all its problems, SFV didn't sell badly (something like 4 million copies + DLC).

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

FrostyPox posted:

It's aggressively mediocre. Everything feels sluggish, buttons are stubby, most cool stuff is locked behind vtrigger.Then there's the loading times, bad netplay, lacking features, terrible ui etc.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Push jab and ryu wipes his nose on his forearm instead of attacking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
The "now it's not bad" bit is also part of the problem. It used to be disastrous, and now after a couple years of effort it's reached the level of not bad. A lot of other games get to "not bad" from the get go.

Wasn't just the launch, either. The netcode sync is still busted as far as I know, their original monetization plans went the way of the dodo and they had to come up with a different scheme and keep nerfing the ways of earning fight money in-game, and the urien update actually shipped with an intentionally planted rootkit with Capcom officially telling you to ignore the software and people telling you it was a security flaw at first until they finally got rid of it. Most devs know to not put trojans in their game without needing an actual release and user complaints to tell them so, and it is absolutely a standard to which Capcom should be held.

It's magnified by the fact Street Fighter used to be a flagship so its bad decisions have a long reach. Their busted netcode sync likely set back rollback acceptance by a couple years.