Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Please stop. This isn't qcs :smith:

Like seriously I wanna read about weird things like knothole pisser and cat crawl guy not repeating arguments that will endleslly repeat in a circle and get the thread locked

I just don't want to let this bullshit slip past unanswered for. I'd love it if it stopped too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
It'd stop real fast if dipshits could just hold back the urge to continuously say "But have you considered that the trans poster deserves to have multiple threads dedicated to hating on them?"

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Anarchist Mae posted:

I just don't want to let this bullshit slip past unanswered for. I'd love it if it stopped too.

There's a report button, posting like that is literally done to troll and derail threads not to promote any discussion. I am all for getting rid of bigots and transphobes and deal with people in my job who make the worst in Yad look like pissants. I just wanna read about dumb poo poo goons did eons ago :smith:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
If you want to complain that these anxieties are taking over other threads a far more productive solution would be to reopen qcs, the forum for discussing this poo poo, rather than just lamenting that people are doing it here

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Not that any of us have that power but it’s not surprising that taking away the one forum that acts as a kind of release valve for just how unproductive just reporting poo poo posts can feel some times means that it’s bleeding into other aspects of the forums.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
(or I'm trying to stop a :hammer: from coming in here and talk about knothole pisser because by god that thread was hilarious)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
FYAD are literally everything they claim to mock.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
There is no such thing as ironic transphobia, homophobia, racism, or fascism. Anyone who just desperately needs to be allowed to use slurs in conversation is not someone that needs to be here on SA. It's that simple.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I just wanna say that seeing so many posters in this thread 100% backing us up means a lot.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Malachite_Dragon posted:

There is no such thing as ironic transphobia, homophobia, racism, or fascism. Anyone who just desperately needs to be allowed to use slurs in conversation is not someone that needs to be here on SA. It's that simple.

And yet they've still been given a place to do that by the powers that be. The new "rules" mean absolutely jack poo poo.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

UCS Hellmaker posted:

There's a report button, posting like that is literally done to troll and derail threads not to promote any discussion. I am all for getting rid of bigots and transphobes and deal with people in my job who make the worst in Yad look like pissants. I just wanna read about dumb poo poo goons did eons ago :smith:

I see from your post history that you're a nurse who likes a good onion so I have a bit of an interesting tale that I think hasn't been posted in this thread yet:
Back a little bit before I first joined there was a poster named Big Onion 69 who constantly made excuses for not meeting his goals in TFLC. I think Shine was the moderator there at the time? Anyway the onion boy got a decent amount of clemency because his excuses WERE ones that were legit hardship and apparently he pm'd the moderator some proof he wasn't just making it up. Excuses like his dad getting leukemia, his dad getting in a car crash, his dad dying, etc. Eventually he let the mask slip though and posted somewhere else in the forums something that had his name in it and Shine lost his poo poo over being bamboozled because the name on that photo didn't match the 'proof' he had sent shine before.

Instead of banning him outright Shine gave him a mod challenge to eat onion-based meals once day for 69 day straights, they had to be visibly mostly onion and he had to take photos of himself eating them. Big Onion 69 was actually a pretty good sport about this and seemed to be doing an earnest effort to complete the challenge for the first two weeks or so. Onion stew, grilled onions, onion burgers, just more onions than any human would voluntarily eat unless they were that kid's grandpa from Holes.

I don't know if onions are like mind-effectingly toxic or something, maybe it was just the mediocrity of his meal situation driving him a little bonkers, but Big Onion got loving weird pretty quickly in to the mod challenge. 2.5 weeks in to his challenge he was posting photos of multiple different meals each day and claiming he was eating onions three times a day, apparently chowing down on like 9-12 onions every single day. Some people there to gawk at the mod challenge started telling him to cut it out, that he was gonna burn himself out on the onions. It was honestly worrying to watch. I was just lurking the thread personally though, I'm not here to tell people to do less stupid poo poo.

4 weeks in Big Onion 69 started posting about feeling all hosed up and sickly, a couple days later he was posting that his doc told him he was anemic, he didn't tell the doctor about the onion diet but goons in his thread were telling him he needed to correct his diet because, y'know, he was loving up his body with his lovely joke diet. He just said "okay..." and but didn't really change his posting habits in the thread at all, as far as you could see from the thread he was still eating onions for every meal he ate. Shine actually threatened to ban him if he hurt himself for the mod challenge, to try and get him to stop being a loving weirdo :v: He said he'd fix his blood work, just give him some time.

His posts went from being disconcertingly full of onion-based meal photos to just being disconcertingly onion-based in general though, he started posting poo poo about onions all day, the most famous ones just being "hehe onion..." and iirc "i'm living la vida onion here, guys" I think he actually got probated for the all lowercase post for one of those lmao, though I don't remember Shine being so anal about that generally? I'm not really sure why SA even had a rule against lowercast posting back then. Dude started taking his meal photos in his basement and saying it was "pretty dank, good for the health of the onions". It was a pretty normal basement, just kinda creepy in that "lovely lighting" way.

He managed to break one of the two lights in his basement though so it just looked like a horror film after that, Big Onion taking photos of his meals where you couldn't see poo poo except a heavily shadowed plate of food with a light on behind some poo poo in the background. Like 7 weeks in he posted that he was using a flash light to set up a good "experimental onion station" but it was annoyingly dark, reactions to the news were... mixed, some goons egging him on, some asking what the gently caress an experimental onion station was. I'm not sure if there's a 'standard' onion station but I'm not gonna google that poo poo :shrug:

8 weeks in or so he posted a photo of his station, it looked like a bench with some basic tools and measuring paper laying around, and more disconcertingly: A medical centrifuge and some poo poo like an x-acto knife and isopropyl alcohol. First reply: ":stonk:" A day or two went by normally where he'd post photos of himself eating with his plate on the station, mostly in shadow. He was still eating the same poo poo and he probably didn't fix his blood content at all. After those posts though came the part where poo poo got really loving weird, Big Onion 69 posted that he was gonna "find out what separates the man from the onion" and started posting photos of himself juicing the onions with a press and then, for some loving reason, him drawing blood from his arm with a syringe. He got probated for three days, his probation reason was "GO SEE A DOCTOR AND/OR PSYCHIATRIST, BIG ONION."

The day his probation was up, he went right back to posting his meal photos. Onion kebabs and onion soup. Some dumb loving idiot asked him how his experimental onions were doing and he clarified the onions weren't experimental it was just the experimental onion station, for experiments ON onions. But he was making good progress, he was hypothesizing about something called ONA, a hidden form of onion DNA. Somebody made fun of him for that but he didn't reply. His next post was about a day later, he missed two of his meals in the day and he apologized, he was spending time on his ONA experiment and just didn't have time to take photos. An hour or so later he posted a photo of a syringe filled with some murky white fluid, next to his arm, captioned "okay okay psyching myself up. go onion or go home right?" Cue goons trying to convince him to abort whatever he was about to do, though the only one he listened to was somebody saying "get that air out of the syringe or you'll risk an embolism, you loving troglodyte", he replied with just "lol thanks, good thinking".

Hours go by, just feels like loving forever with the suspense. Goons are freaking out in the thread, going "no way he's gonna inject himself with loving onion juice", just calling bullshit on the whole thing. Next post from Big Onion 69 goes up though and sure enough: This dumb motherfucker has photos of himself poking the syringe in to the vein in his arm, he's mainlining whatever the gently caress 'ONA' is. His post says he's been sweating and throwing up since the injection and he thinks his body is rejecting the superior onion DNA. He's got a photo of himsellf where he's just loving DRENCHED in sweat, this dude's so loving shiny he looks like he's covered in baby oil, and his body's looking pale. He's still in his dark rear end basement so most of what you can see is just the small amount of light from across the room reflecting off his goddamn protective film of sweat. Whatever he's done to himself it's obvious he's hosed up big time and people lose their poo poo, Shine hasn't posted in a day or two so he's out of town or something and this guy's just updating people on how he feels, he thinks he might die, some FYAD dude comes in and posts that like Icarus he flew too close to the sky onion and it's molten layers have seared his wings.

Final post from Big Onion 69 before the thread gets locked and he gets banned: "stopp sweating.i'm onion now :)" Not sure what happened to him but I don't think anybody ever dug up like a news article about an idiot dying of onion injections so he's probably still alive? Didn't re-reg though, that's still the last entry in his rap sheet. Wild times for YLLS/TFLC that year, I think that might have also been the year with all the couch lifting poo poo.

Anyway I think this saga's been posted in this thread before, but it's annoyingly hard to find stuff in here and it didn't show up on google.

e: Oh sorry this was after I joined, not before. Probably 2012.

Count Uvula has a new favorite as of 14:40 on Dec 28, 2019

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Dell_Zincht posted:

And yet they've still been given a place to do that by the powers that be. The new "rules" mean absolutely jack poo poo.

I'm as hella disappointed as you are. The admins had a real chance to actually fix a real problem and now its been pissed away.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Big Onion is the root of our country's problem with alium addiction

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...

Count Uvula posted:

I see from your post history that you're a nurse who likes a good onion so I have a bit of an interesting tale that I think hasn't been posted in this thread yet
lest we forget

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Of all the things you could be made to eat a load of onions are actually something I would be ok with.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Araenna posted:

I just wanna say that seeing so many posters in this thread 100% backing us up means a lot.

I was told I would get a cookie for doing so but haven't gotten it yet?????

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
One time I had to live three days on meals made exclusively from onions and rabbit. It was okay. Not something I'm eager to repeat, though.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

LET ME REPEAT

Pastry of the Year posted:

Getting into slapfights with other posters in this thread about things going on in other subforums is going to be hammered from this point forward.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I loved that Big a Onion story. It’s that kind of thing that made me bookmark this thread, before all the people started bleating on about what the knobends in FYAD post.

Please can it go back to stories like Big Onion 69.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

monkeytennis posted:

I loved that Big a Onion story. It’s that kind of thing that made me bookmark this thread, before all the people started bleating on about what the knobends in FYAD post.

Please can it go back to stories like Big Onion 69.

If it can't, then this thread might have outlived its usefulness in its current incarnation.

BIRD and I have allowed the definition of "saga" to include forums current events as long as they're discussed with the same sort of good nature that defines the rest of this subforum, since QCS is currently closed, but some people haven't been able to manage even that.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

fauna posted:

in closing, i'm a hot fat slut

hell, same,

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Has anyone posted lately about my favorite saga/travelling thread? Behold the humble Chickencheese.

It spawned out of Jazzahan's on #flightsim and landed in GWS. Just a pretty normal chicken philly to start... then the thread started moving. It wandered through half the forums, including stops in CC, TFR, Ask/Tell, the Dorkroom, AI, PI, Trad Games...

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Solice Kirsk posted:

There should be no mods for FYAD. Just a lawless wasteland, but once a month a random admin has to go through it and permaban one out of every ten posters. 2020 should be the year of decimation.

run the SA Hunger Games like the thread in GBS, but only with FYAD posters and whoever dies in the game.....dies in real life

Liquid Communism posted:

Has anyone posted lately about my favorite saga/travelling thread? Behold the humble Chickencheese.

this also became a thing in TFF for a good amount of time, with people trying to one-up each others chickencheeses on gameday

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

If it can't, then this thread might have outlived its usefulness in its current incarnation.

BIRD and I have allowed the definition of "saga" to include forums current events as long as they're discussed with the same sort of good nature that defines the rest of this subforum, since QCS is currently closed, but some people haven't been able to manage even that.

Was this really necessary?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

This is the first time I've heard the onion story and I love it

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Who What Now posted:

Was this really necessary?

Yes. Now contribute, lurk, or gently caress along now.

Liquid Communism posted:

It spawned out of Jazzahan's on #flightsim and landed in GWS. Just a pretty normal chicken philly to start... then the thread started moving. It wandered through half the forums, including stops in CC, TFR, Ask/Tell, the Dorkroom, AI, PI, Trad Games...

Chickencheese was just before my time but when I finally heard about it and read through the whole thing I was absolutely loving dying. I love traveling threads but they've got to happen more or less organically to seal in the magic.

Pastry of the Year has a new favorite as of 16:05 on Dec 28, 2019

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
okay, I have a question:

that hilarious picture of the guy routing toilet paper around is leg, up his crack, and over his head. makes me laugh like an idiot every time. what was the original context?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

okay, I have a question:

that hilarious picture of the guy routing toilet paper around is leg, up his crack, and over his head. makes me laugh like an idiot every time. what was the original context?

I mean, how else do you wipe?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

okay, I have a question:

I've seen that a million times but also don't know the original context; neither, for that matter, do I know the story behind the MS Paint drawing of the pissing, making GBS threads stick figure doing some Mission Impossible nonsense in a public restroom.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

I've seen that a million times but also don't know the original context; neither, for that matter, do I know the story behind the MS Paint drawing of the pissing, making GBS threads stick figure doing some Mission Impossible nonsense in a public restroom.

I think the latter was spawned from a thread on the BodyBuilding.com's forums' Misc subforum. A guy posting a story, with illustrations, about having a complete digestive system reboot whilst in the bathroom of a one night stand. The story culminated with the lady eventually walking into the bathroom to the scene of some kind of dirty protest.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Liquid Communism posted:

My favourite post from that thread.

signalnoise posted:

Goons With Silver Spoons

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Theophany posted:

I think the latter was spawned from a thread on the BodyBuilding.com's forums' Misc subforum. A guy posting a story, with illustrations, about having a complete digestive system reboot whilst in the bathroom of a one night stand. The story culminated with the lady eventually walking into the bathroom to the scene of some kind of dirty protest.

Was that the same forum where some guy had a horrifying homemade sex doll? That poo poo was hilarious and :stonk: at the same time.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Was that the same forum where some guy had a horrifying homemade sex doll? That poo poo was hilarious and :stonk: at the same time.

There is a classic argument from that forum about how many days there are in a week or something like that.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

AngryRobotsInc posted:

I liked that sex doll one because my joke about the balloons blocking the butthole was the thread title for either this or the AUG thread for like a month.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

he was on the floor, he just laid the panels out so badly that it broke the brains of everyone who looked at it

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jippa posted:

There is a classic argument from that forum about how many days there are in a week or something like that.

jon bois made a video on that thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eECjjLNAOd4

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

I love it.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
i would like to apologize to heath. im on a bit of a hair trigger, and it can be hard to distinguish between someone genuinely asking questions and someone acting in bad faith. having slept on it it's clear i was overreacting and heath wasn't sealioning or doing anything else wrong.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

The Saddest Rhino posted:

This is the first time I've heard the onion story and I love it

Same, that was hilarious. I don't for a second believe some guy OD'd on onion juice but I admire his dedication to the gimmick.

Guess the images will be lost to waffles tho :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sea lions are cool animals. A lot of people confuse sea lions with seals, but sea lions are the superior aqua-pup.