Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vashro posted:

They have been reformulated to be less neon green/red now. Tastes the same but less ectojizz appearance

Well who asked for that? t:mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

My problem with most hot sauces is I'm not big on vinegar. Scorching hot, yes please, just tone it down on the acid.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

rodbeard posted:

He was the official pudding supplier for the Nazi army.

Once the puddings go up who cares where they come down?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ShyInsignificantJellyfish-mobile.mp4

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

delivered to your table by John Goodman in his Delbert McClintock costume

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Garlic nots.
()

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

This showed up in my youtube subscriptions today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIEhFPm2UrY

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Are mozza sticks a sandwich?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Ziv Zulander posted:

What the gently caress!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Ziv Zulander posted:

I'm reasonably sure it's a Binging with Babish parody. Babish is allergic to bananas and he's one of those people for whom cilantro/coriander tastes like soap.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Bobby Digital posted:

Meet my dad’s “grape salad”, for which I just spent an hour chopping grapes.

Cream cheese, sour cream, brown sugar, grapes, and sometimes walnuts.

This is violence.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

RoboRodent posted:

This is violence.
It's just a little too wet, that's all. Have a sip.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/8jcSGUT.mp4

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Just looking at that gave me constipation

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

I’m at work and when I saw them fill the cheese cube I thought I myself “how are they gonna cook that? It’ll just melt” and then when they froze I said out loud, at my desk “oh no they’re gonna deep fry it” so then I had to show it to everyone around me.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I would not make myself but if offered...

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

That's a lot of cheese, but otherwise I see nothing wrong with this.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
yeah I'd eat that, the only problem is you'd have to eat it fast before the cheese starts cooling/re-solidifying. The first few bites would probably be great though.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

There would be no edible temperature between the fires of Hell and a waxy sock

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
So it's just seasoned with tomato sauce? Looks bland af

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Just toss a couple packets of sazon in there.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

GlassLotus
Mar 16, 2014

I once got a fortune cookie that said "Ask your mom". I've also gotten several blank fortune cookies... I guess that explains why I'm broke.
I just found this thread, and I love it so much.

Also, I want to add this beauty:

Last year when I was still in college, I had a final at like 7 or 8 AM in December and it was cold and I didn't like getting up early. My fiance wanted to make me cocoa before I left but I was running late. I thought he just wouldn't make it, but nope, he decided to make it (cocoa powder, milk, cinnamon, clove, brown sugar, etc.) in a pot and set it on the lowest setting on the stove "to keep it warm". And then he fell asleep. I should add that this man went to culinary school.

I came home 2 hours later to this, saw the stove on, found him asleep, and woke him up enough to ask what the heck was in the pot. it had the consistency of like... clumps of fat really. I didn't dare taste it.

cadaver.
Oct 31, 2009

This looks like something my Romanian friend would concoct :( she also made "pasta bake" that's just fusili baked in ketchup then covered in cheese slices Just Like Grandma Makes lmao

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Iron Crowned posted:

That's a lot of cheese, but otherwise I see nothing wrong with this.

There's something oddly pleasing/fascinating about the precise cubic form there. I think I would try one, if they were about 1/3 the size that they seem to be (because that is indeed a lot of cheese).

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

DigitalRaven posted:

Once the puddings go up who cares where they come down?

Emptyquote for Tom Lehrer reference :patriot:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sir this is violence.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

TofuDiva posted:

I finally retrieved my copy of the top one from storage, but there doesn't seem to be a pineapple torte of any kind :(

There's a pineapple chiffon cake, a linzer torte, a Lithuanian strawberry torte, and something called a "stack cake" that is sort of like a torte, but it is made with applesauce. Is it possible that she substituted pineapple into one of these?

I'd be happy to post scans any of them if you want them.

Ahh thank you for checking!! She ended up ordering a used copy herself, but based on details she's gotten wrong about the Heritage cookbook I'm starting to suspect she misremembers which cookbook her pineapple thing was in...

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

Ahh thank you for checking!! She ended up ordering a used copy herself, but based on details she's gotten wrong about the Heritage cookbook I'm starting to suspect she misremembers which cookbook her pineapple thing was in...

Sorry it took so long for me to get to it - my storage unit is kind of far away (long story). It was fun going through my cookbooks though, and I brought an armload back home. I was browsing them last night and I don't know if it is helpful, but I did find a pineapple torten in one from 1936:

This is the book:

And here is the pineapple torten:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:randno:

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Molded hot dog water is pretty obvious, but I begin to think that most of the Awful Molded Food Objects that get made are simply dreamed up just for the shock and awe.

To prove/disprove, I pulled a bunch of my old, big, general purpose cookbooks out of storage and looked through each of them. I have one from every decade from the 1930's through the 2000's, and none of them has more than a few gelatin-based salads, and a couple of gelatin-with-fruit desserts. And these are books with 800-5000 recipes each.

Maybe the Just Slightly Odd ones are from magazine spreads or booklets sponsored by Jello? I only know that they're not in vintage cookbooks. :iiam:

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

People can die from swallowing a toothpick.
Sherwood Anderson died that way, though, so ir's not all bad.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Has anyone posted this yet?

https://i.imgur.com/xnlqEi8.mp4

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Beef sausage? Feh

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Scarodactyl posted:

People can die from swallowing a toothpick.
Sherwood Anderson died that way, though, so ir's not all bad.

I mean, it shows them pulling out the toothpicks post freezing...

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Yeah that eggnog looks gross.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

gschmidl posted:

Yeah that eggnog looks gross.

dog nog.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

GlassLotus posted:

I just found this thread, and I love it so much.

Also, I want to add this beauty:

That's a grim looking chili-

quote:

My fiance wanted to make me cocoa

:stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nuevo posted:

I mean, it shows them pulling out the toothpicks post freezing...

Did I get aaaaaaaaall of them??