Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

BadLlama posted:

Can you platoon any of the missions to complete faster? -_-

Have you met Turmoilx!? He is my insane friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Fat Jesus posted:

I thought Circon was from Norway

Tk'ing Jingles all those years ago remains my finest effort in this stupid game for dumb idiots

Nope, but we've had some goons from there (AlleviatedRisk) as well as Sweden (srb.) The Baltic CCs are: Foch (Latvia,) Skill (Lithuania,) Dez (Estonia.)

Fat Jesus posted:

whats the name of that streamer dude that went out for a smoke and died

Were you thinking of PoShYbRiD? He OD'd. :(

BadLlama posted:

Can you platoon any of the missions to complete faster? -_-

You can platoon, but you still need to accomplish the objectives yourself. I, for example, just realized that I'm on an Excalibur mission that requires me to "stun 2 enemies with one shot" for the secondary, which of course requires artillery, but only of the "Coalition" tanks, which include: France, Sweden, Czech, Poland, and of course only France has arty, and it has the worst arty for doing AoE objectives....

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
One of the things about the game these days is that you can't shoot cupolas or otherwise be accurate and know weak spots well to gain a solid advantage anymore. In the past being knowledgeable about the various weak points and shooting cupolas when people were peaking over hills and crests was always advantageous but it seems like the real answer now is just shoot gold any time you have a questionable shot angle and can't shoot lower glacias or side.

I played for two or three days but then all the game's faults just came rushing back at me again and I haven't logged back in aside from getting santa. It did blow me away at how easy the grind for new tanks is now, but I guess that just forces you to want to get the boosters because silver is still the limiting factor stopping you from advancing down the trees.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I tried out the tier 9 430-2, which is now a ~snyper~, and effectively just a big 416. It's far more sluggish than I'd expected; I don't know how it used to perform, but it's not really usable as a medium tank, and has a hard time getting into positions to snipe. Also, the gun is bloopy as gently caress and only pens when it feels like despite having >240 pen.

I started playing the BC 155 58 to do some arty missions, and it's pretty fun; I haven't played arty in awhile after eliting them all, but this one feels comfortable. It does seem like the most vulnerable SPG though to CB, because that 10 seconds between shots almost forces you to stay put instead of relocating, otherwise you have to re-aim and further gimp your DPM.

Also, now my barracks is full because of all those tier 9s I elited & sold but haven't bought the 10s yet.

Washout posted:

One of the things about the game these days is that you can't shoot cupolas or otherwise be accurate and know weak spots well to gain a solid advantage anymore. In the past being knowledgeable about the various weak points and shooting cupolas when people were peaking over hills and crests was always advantageous but it seems like the real answer now is just shoot gold any time you have a questionable shot angle and can't shoot lower glacias or side.

I played for two or three days but then all the game's faults just came rushing back at me again and I haven't logged back in aside from getting santa. It did blow me away at how easy the grind for new tanks is now, but I guess that just forces you to want to get the boosters because silver is still the limiting factor stopping you from advancing down the trees.

I've found that credits are not the issue, unless perhaps you're blowing a ton on premium consumables and ammo, and buying every tank (and especially equipment) at full price instead of waiting for a sale. As mentioned recently, I'm at the point where I'm grinding all tier 9s (literally all of them,) and I have enough credits to buy all the remaining tier 9 & 10s that I need, except I'm just going to wait for a sale on them (with the "full barracks" caveat as above.)

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

BadLlama posted:

rofl if anything wging gonna give you a medal for spamming gold and tanking the credit economy

literally tanking the economy by absorbing damage :eyepop:

Atomizer posted:

I tried out the tier 9 430-2, which is now a ~snyper~, and effectively just a big 416.

Big 416? So it's loving awesome?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Atomizer posted:

I tried out the tier 9 430-2, which is now a ~snyper~, and effectively just a big 416. It's far more sluggish than I'd expected; I don't know how it used to perform, but it's not really usable as a medium tank, and has a hard time getting into positions to snipe. Also, the gun is bloopy as gently caress and only pens when it feels like despite having >240 pen.

I started playing the BC 155 58 to do some arty missions, and it's pretty fun; I haven't played arty in awhile after eliting them all, but this one feels comfortable. It does seem like the most vulnerable SPG though to CB, because that 10 seconds between shots almost forces you to stay put instead of relocating, otherwise you have to re-aim and further gimp your DPM.

Also, now my barracks is full because of all those tier 9s I elited & sold but haven't bought the 10s yet.

I've found that credits are not the issue, unless perhaps you're blowing a ton on premium consumables and ammo, and buying every tank (and especially equipment) at full price instead of waiting for a sale. As mentioned recently, I'm at the point where I'm grinding all tier 9s (literally all of them,) and I have enough credits to buy all the remaining tier 9 & 10s that I need, except I'm just going to wait for a sale on them (with the "full barracks" caveat as above.)

Honest opinion here. The STG is better than the 430-2 and most likely the k-91 as well. This is because of several factors though.
1) The stg packs a 122mm gun compared to the 100mm gun all the way up the line.
2) 122mm usually has horrible accuracy per russian standards. However, the 122mm on the stg has a .3 accuracy. That is german levels. The stg is a sniper with a big boom on it.
3) The stg can also fully rotate its turret. The tank literally has all the features of the tree snipe tanks except better because of the 122mm alpha and the fully rotate-able turret.

But yeah, I didn't like the new 430-2 at all. I could make it work enough to finish it, but the k-91 is the last tank in the list of t10s I need to buy.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

JuffoWup posted:

But yeah, I didn't like the new 430-2 at all. I could make it work enough to finish it, but the k-91 is the last tank in the list of t10s I need to buy.

I gave up on it, I don't care about the K-91 to suffer through that hunk of poo poo.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Atomizer posted:

I tried out the tier 9 430-2 I don't know how it used to perform,

WGing gutting the 430-2 and turning it into the pile poo poo still pisses me off to this day. The 430-2 went from an interesting grease man to another garabage chai sniping medium tank,

I do have the K-91 and as far as sniping turds go it is very good, 1,700 shell velocity is just crazy as well as 276 standard pen.

Also while double barrel tanks are fun and good I am thinking the E-75 TS is really the gem in the boxes this year.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Dec 27, 2019

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Katamari Democracy posted:

Captain Blaargh

Mesadoran

Spunkrocket (Cannon Fodder)

MariusLecter

Redeye Flight

Your presents have been delivered! I wish you guys luck in getting what you want!

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I've been set on fire by arty splashing next to me within 10 games of each other. Arty being able to damage anything other than tracks is loving stupid as poo poo.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
You know, I can come to love this tank.

Though it made me feel a bit like a bully, watching people fire their peashooters and desperately trying to flee my machine gun fire.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Am I missing something here because E 75 TS players are playing this tank super close range and owning. I do not get it.

Bet you if I do it I will die immediately. :smith:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I am just playing mine like an E50 brought down to T8 and it does great.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Your presents have been delivered! I wish you guys luck in getting what you want!

Thanks again for all the extra gold!

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hmm, well, I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who isn't feeling the current 430-2, and also that they definitely drastically changed its playstyle (I hadn't played it until now.)

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Thank ya dude

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
KD is a loonie, but he's our loonie.

Thanks dude!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Cannon_Fodder posted:

KD is a loonie, but he's our loonie.

Thanks dude!

KD wishes to be as loonerific as Turmoilx, who played like 1500 games over a couple weeks to win a computer component.

I wonder if he'll ever actually receive it..

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
KD, I really cannot believe this happened with your boxes...

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Nice DP machine

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

Nice DP machine

First game every tank was penning my turret lol. Only did 1k damage.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

First game every tank was penning my turret lol. Only did 1k damage.

bowl turrets fuckin' suck in #snapshotmeta

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

bowl turrets fuckin' suck in #snapshotmeta

Also bot teammates don't help.

2 losses in a row :smith:

Edit: Incoming 3 losses lol. Holy poo poo teams are a whole new level of bad tonight.

Edit 2: Finally a great game. This double barrel mechanic is really fun.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Dec 28, 2019

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

BadLlama posted:

Nice DP machine

Hey that was my nickname in high school! :imunfunny:

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Word of advice, face fighting in the 703 II is a really bad idea. The armor right between the gun barrels is thin as heck, so if you get face to face with one you can just repeatedly blast them right between the eyes.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Atomizer posted:

Hey that was my nickname in high school! :imunfunny:

Was is difficult to court 2 people at once?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Mesadoram posted:

KD, I really cannot believe this happened with your boxes...

There it is! I was wondering when it was gonna pop up!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I finished researching the entire USA tech line. Nearly a decade ago I had a goal of owning every tank, I think I'll settle for owning every US tank. Assuming the game continues to exist by the time I get around to it.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Was is difficult to court 2 people at once?

:boom:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

There it is! I was wondering when it was gonna pop up!

Yup, I love it and have poo poo luck in it.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

This felt way too good. The T95/FV4201 can eat it.

Oh man moments like this feel too surreal.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

rofl circon owns

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Redeye Flight posted:

Word of advice, face fighting in the 703 II is a really bad idea. The armor right between the gun barrels is thin as heck, so if you get face to face with one you can just repeatedly blast them right between the eyes.

yeah I heard that but I'm not sure about it, I shot one there and didn't pen, maybe my aim was off and I got penned twice in mine thru the turret next to the guns and I've been shooting other DP's that exact spot and have yet to pen one there so I'm all wtf atm. I want to get another goon of two to go into some training map where we can shoot hot loads over each others faces

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Hellsau posted:

KD wishes to be as loonerific as Turmoilx, who played like 1500 games over a couple weeks to win a computer component.

I wonder if he'll ever actually receive it..

i also wonder, i've already given up hope

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Fat Jesus posted:

yeah I heard that but I'm not sure about it, I shot one there and didn't pen, maybe my aim was off and I got penned twice in mine thru the turret next to the guns and I've been shooting other DP's that exact spot and have yet to pen one there so I'm all wtf atm. I want to get another goon of two to go into some training map where we can shoot hot loads over each others faces

+/-25% RNG on penetration is the loving worst design mistake Wargaming made.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

BadLlama posted:

pretty sure the gay bois in pansy have tk'd truvoodoo's platoon mates while he was streaming.

Please do not post like this, thank you.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Anyone seen my team?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BadLlama posted:

Anyone seen my team?

lol wtf happened, mass disconnect?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I wish that was the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Double barrel tank info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0U2aFRf_Mg

Edit: So I had 80K XP saved up in the KV-3. It's gone now because I used it up as free XP.

gently caress my life.

Edit:

Instead of double posting. KV-3 is a great tank when you shoot only gold.

Replay: http://wotreplays.eu/site/5156240#abbey-mesadoram-kv-3
Youtube: When I am not a lazy gently caress

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Dec 28, 2019