Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Indica puts me out for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

some weed keeps me up at night and some weed doesn't. some weed makes me anxious and some weed doesn't. some weed i can smoke in the morning and at lunch and in the afternoon and evening on a work day and loving kill it at everything, and some weed would ruin my life if i tried to smoke it this way

all glory to blue dream, the perfect daytime weed

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

poverty goat posted:

some weed keeps me up at night and some weed doesn't. some weed makes me anxious and some weed doesn't. some weed i can smoke in the morning and at lunch and in the afternoon and evening on a work day and loving kill it at everything, and some weed would ruin my life if i tried to smoke it this way

Hear hear! Blue Dream fuckin' rules there is no question about it

bagmonkey fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Dec 28, 2019

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Also I'm real high, I had an edible for breakfast. I'm ready to go clean the gently caress outta my garage

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
picked up last night and smoked a bowl right away. way stronger than I expected it to be and after the first couple hours I went to bed and spent the next 6.5 hours in a psychedelic hell

im gonna go back to bed in a couple hours cause drat. also i ate too much so my stomach hurt

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Fano posted:

Smoking/any kind of suction increases the risk of dry sockets after a tooth extraction, which are incredibly painful (or so they say).

ive had dry socket and its true, its incredibly painful

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I ended up getting a CBD heavy tincture that I can use in the daytime and some candies. No real high from what I’ve used so far but definitely...:chillpill:

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747

poverty goat posted:

Some strains give me munchies, some strains burn my nose
some strains give me joviality that I never thought I'd know

Jascum
Sep 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
Y’all see that video about stores and buckle hybrid VOLCANO putting aluminum oxide in your weed? Please clean your hybrid hole.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
How are autos that are copies of regular strains? My homie says he has Blue Dream auto but I am not convinced it's the real deal. I also don't know why he likes being called my homie, but hey, he's a huge pothead.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
gonna smoke some weed

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

The Dregs posted:

How are autos that are copies of regular strains? My homie says he has Blue Dream auto but I am not convinced it's the real deal. I also don't know why he likes being called my homie, but hey, he's a huge pothead.

there is extra breeding involved to get the autoness into it so it couldn't be exactly the same but i'd guess some strains are closer than others

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

What's the point of autos? Was it too hard to switch the lights to 12:12?

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

poverty goat posted:

What's the point of autos? Was it too hard to switch the lights to 12:12?

Yeah basically. I can see them being great for someone who wants foolproof weed and doesn't care about the best strains. Just leave em on 24/7.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Just a heads up: The vape thread in TCC alerted people to the fact that some of Storz and Bickel's products are melting and producing aluminum oxide in the weed chambers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY-Sq3q_eug

So far it's just the Volcano Hybrid and Plenty, but it could translate to other products.

Entorwellian fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Dec 29, 2019

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

Harton posted:

It’s good because Adam Sandler isn’t in it. That’s easily one of the best movies that group has ever made. Way too many quotable lines.

I’m too stoned to drive to the devils house.

You can get past a dog, but nobody fucks with a lion.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Please don't grow autos

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
I grow autos. I grow in a normal room without a tent and don't need to worry about light leaks or weirdness at all, ever. I like being able to tell a plant's gender within a couple weeks of starting it without needing to do anything special, which is helpful when I'm growing my own seeds I've produced. For me photos would be more hassle with no extra benefit.

If you don't think autos can be good weed try some Mephisto seeds.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Modern lust for convenience and skipped steps ruins everything imo. sometimes a thing's worth doing right

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
autos evolved by themselves. no problem taking advantage of it

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

My first plant was an auto and it did not go well. Seems like there is more opportunities to gently caress it up and not be able to fix it. As it is now as long as it in veg you can do whatever you want to it and it will recover. Then you flip when your ready.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Also I thought all autos were feminized? My first auto went hermie and I have like 15-20 seeds leftover. If I were to plant them would they also be hermie/auto? Or could I get a decent photoperiod plant outta it?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
it's hard to find non-feminized autos, i had to breed my own (took a few generations but wasn't too hard). not sure why they're so hard to find, i guess most people buying autos aren't looking to breed anything. but screw having to pay every time you want to grow, now i have a big mason jar of seeds and i can still try growing other stuff if i want

and yeah it's not like they're easy mode or anything, they're less forgiving in a lot of ways. they're only going to be around for X number of days so if you waste any you can't make it back up

if you use seeds you got from a hermie plant then they are very likely to also go hermie. i would avoid those. but they would also be autos, not photoperiodic

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
sort of on a different topic, i had a successful pollen experiment recently. i had saved some pollen from a male plant sometime early last year (or maybe even before? hard to remember) in a bunch of small capsules with a dessicant, in my freezer. i put some of that on a plant a little while ago and successfully got some seeds. i was surprised because pollen generally doesn't stay viable for very long at all, even in the freezer. so if you'd like to get some seeds off of a plant but won't have a male handy at that particular moment, you might want to give this a shot

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

autos have a lot of buzz around them right now, people are saying they're good now. i've heard of someone irl having good results from them but never sampled the buds. personally if i'm gonna grow something i'd rather be able to clone it and hold it if it's good, otherwise i would try them out.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Mozi posted:

if you use seeds you got from a hermie plant then they are very likely to also go hermie. i would avoid those. but they would also be autos, not photoperiodic

Very good info, thanks. I’ve read that they would probably go hermie but also wouldn’t be autos for some reason. So much better to read an opinion of someone that actually grows them. I’ll probably just toss them, or scatter them outside in weird places to scare the locals.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
if there is some sort of mixed genetics going on (as in the parents were of different types) it's possible to get reg seeds from an auto parent but otherwise it would be sort of like a sativa turning into an indica just because it hermied

Mozi fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Dec 29, 2019

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Yeah that makes sense, the internet is so full of bullshit. I only trust goons, everyone else is stupid.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Pretty soon you snowflakes will have transgender weed too

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

have you ever gone in the weed thread and done your conservative gimmick... on WEED?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

That's not a gimmick, that's a busted head.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Lol why is this person reading the weed thread anyway? I’ll never understand the terminally angry, or I suppose conservatives.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

the main difference between weed and humans is it's always bad news to find a dick on your lady plants

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Harton posted:

Lol why is this person reading the weed thread anyway? I’ll never understand the terminally angry

Hell Yeah is active in this thread.

Sunday crew represent.

Mr. Dick just rolled a healthy joint of 33% alien O.G., it's too rainy and cold to go outside and play. Fortunately he's got Disco Elysium and a healthy joint of 33% alien O.G..

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Mr. Dick posted:

Hell Yeah is active in this thread.

Sunday crew represent.

Mr. Dick just rolled a healthy joint of 33% alien O.G., it's too rainy and cold to go outside and play. Fortunately he's got Disco Elysium and a healthy joint of 33% alien O.G..

Well played Mr Dick.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
Yeah but I actually like Hell Yeah compared to the random people who come in and just poo poo the place up.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Agrinja posted:

Yeah but I actually like Hell Yeah compared to the random people who come in and just poo poo the place up.

Yeah me too, the likable scamp!

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
sipping hot chocolate through a year-used Arizer stem and playing Uno with the kid. it’s good.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Mr. Dick has an amazing Sunday planned out it looks like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

mr poosay