Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

shot: https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1210365584615059456

chaser:
https://twitter.com/Tiger_Nemesis/status/1210397946254106624

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

wesleywillis posted:

Its pretty standard even for confined space rescue, that if you're the look out and someone in there is in distress, you're not to go in there, in spite of your (probable) instinct to rush in and help. You'll probably end up dead too.

poo poo lagoons aren't confined spaces. There's just so much poison gas that it will kill you anyway.

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug

Instant classic

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Literally that's standard practice. Our safety is more important then the patients, because we could be the patient then and cost more people their lives if we lemming into a chemical spill. A video played to all emergency response is of a cop that went into an ammonia cloud gassing off a crashed truck that he didn't see the placard on. He went to rescue the driver who was passed out on the ground and within 1 minute was on the ground gasping and dead in 3.

That's why ems stages in an area till they know what's they are treating for chemical exposures. We can't save someone if we will end up needing saved getting to you

Just like how you never try and rescue someone that falls in the pig poo poo lagoons. You will die. They are already dead

In EMS I use the rule of thumb for industrial incidents.
Reach out your thumb towards the fire/chemicals. If it's larger than my thumb then we too close. Hold and wait for fire service.

The Real Amethyst fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Dec 29, 2019

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

The Real Amethyst posted:

In EMS I use the rule of thumb for industrial incidents.
Reach out your thumb towards the fire/chemicals. If it's larger than my thumb then we too close. Hold and wait for fire service.

No poo poo. My uncle was a volunteer fire-fighter for a number of years in a rural area, he said the same regarding propane tanks.

Then again, this is the same man that almost burnt his own house down by setting fire to the building across the road during a FD training exercise.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/p0FXBKd.mp4

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Approach from uphill and upwind. Use to binoculars to locate the first responding police officer (aka "the blue canary" ) by his cruiser.

1) Cop is down and car is not running- toxic environment that may affect apparatus
2) Cop is down, car is running- toxic environment
3) Cop is walking around - not immediately life threatening but probably still bad
4) Cop has lit road flares by wreck and has not exploded - fairly stable toxic environment

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Just another day in glorious Minnesota

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

[Frustrated hand gesture] What the gently caress is this rear end in a top hat doing?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

[Frustrated hand gesture] What the gently caress is this rear end in a top hat doing?

Minnesota Drift King 2019

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Can't wait for Seattle's first good road freeze. You ever seen an accordion bus play pinball off the sides of two rows of parked cars as it slides sideways down a 14% graded hill road? The city was built on seven great hills, like Rome...

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Shut up Meg posted:

Pig poo poo lagoon deaths depress me cause they always follow the same pattern:

Some poor sod slips over during Another Day At The Pig poo poo Factory and dies in poo poo.

Then some brave coworker willingly dives into poo poo to save him and also dies.

Then a third worker sees them both and still is brave enough to dive into what is clearly a very dangerous place and then also dies in poo poo.

It just seems so unfair to these brave and unselfish people that they work in poo poo and die in poo poo while stock brokers get to die in coke-fuelled porsche crashes.

Time to repost The Case Of The Rusty Assassin

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_zbcNrXXak

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

In North Carolina there's a cottage eco journalist industry of private pilots willing to fly reporters into the airspace of the copious hog farms in order to document the scope of their environmental infractions.

This is necessary because big ag has lobbied state government to criminalize any manner of reporting that reveals the severely harmful effects of factory hog farming (it's egregiously detrimental to the local ecosystems and quality of life of every living organism downwind from the pig poo poo lagoon fountains (yes fountains of pig poo poo))

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
people should eat less meat not only for the sheer carbon cost, but for the poo poo cost.

(also i was about to meantion the poo poo foutains)

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Is acres and acres of monoculture seed grasses belted with pesticides any less ruinous than lakes of pig poo poo really?

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

starkebn posted:

Is acres and acres of monoculture seed grasses belted with pesticides any less ruinous than lakes of pig poo poo really?
I mean, yeah?

Nobody ever had a mass casualty incident because of grass.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Nobody ever had a mass casualty incident because of grass.

https://www.farmprogress.com/grains/life-threatening-grain-bin-encounters

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Kesper North posted:

Can't wait for Seattle's first good road freeze. You ever seen an accordion bus play pinball off the sides of two rows of parked cars as it slides sideways down a 14% graded hill road? The city was built on seven great hills, like Rome...

I am very happy I can work from home so I can just go up to like my buildings roof and watch the chaos unfold.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

It's annoying that manure lagoons are still an issue when we have the means to make them relatively safe and produce Methane at the same time that can be used to provide power at best, or safely flared off at worst.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

starkebn posted:

yeah, because a lot of the products of monoculture and petroleum based farming are themselves necessary inputs to livestock

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

That sounds like something that would negatively affect quarterly profits.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

MikeCrotch posted:

I still remember the one where a guy got sprayed with liquid phosgene and went to the hospital to be told "yeah you are gonna die in like 2 days pal."

Yeah, I just went looking for this one. It is goddamn ridiculous how loving addictive the USCSB YouTube channel is. I moved on from that one to one about iron dust fires at the Hoeganaes Corp in Gallatin, TX. I’ll probably just be scrolling through these things the rest of the night.

One of the most horrifying ones to me involved a propane tank change-out at a gas station/restaurant in (I think) WVa, where propane filled the store for like half an hour before the place blew up. Been a while since I saw that one so my memory of it is fuzzy, but the breakdown in the safety chain is some absolute what-the-gently caress.

Edit: Yeah, I was right. Ghent, WV.

https://youtu.be/JzdnUZReoLM

Zamboni Rodeo fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Dec 29, 2019

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Jack2142 posted:

I am very happy I can work from home so I can just go up to like my buildings roof and watch the chaos unfold.

High five. I do enjoy the sledding on (main city arterial) Denny Way.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Mindless posted:

Instant classic

Yeah, as in 'classic Steve Jessup skit'. That is at least a decade old now.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

now with sound.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Brute Squad posted:

now with sound.

Minnesota.mp4

We don't allow chains. We don't allow studs,

On motor vehicles.

bicycles are not motor vehicles. bicycle tires can use studs. Lol, you only loose traction once you step off the bicycle. Ride on a hockey rink with no problems!

Until you try to put foot down

Too long:didn't OSHA: I can drive on sheer ice, but can't walk on it.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

:golfclap:

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

MisterOblivious posted:

Minnesota.mp4

On motor vehicles.

bicycles are not motor vehicles. bicycle tires can use studs. Lol, you only loose traction once you step off the bicycle. Ride on a hockey rink with no problems!

But seriously OSHA: I spent many months, during multiple years, healing from falls before I found out you can put carbide studs on bicycle tires. Holy poo poo they're expensive! But "not having cracked ribs for 6 months" is worth the money!

I don't know if y'all have ever cracked ribs but it's a whole helluva lot bigger injury than you think. There's literally *nothing* a doctor can do for you. It's not like the fluff books I read. It's just several months of pain. The only thing a doctor can do is *maybe* lower the pain, and probably make it last longer.

$120-200+ is cheap for a set for a set a bicycle tires in comparison.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

MisterOblivious posted:

But seriously OSHA: I spent many months, during multiple years, healing from falls before I found out you can put carbide studs on bicycle tires. Holy poo poo they're expensive! But "not having cracked ribs for 6 months" is worth the money!

I don't know if y'all have ever cracked ribs but it's a whole helluva lot bigger injury than you think. There's literally *nothing* a doctor can do for you. It's not like the fluff books I read. It's just several months of pain. The only thing a doctor can do is *maybe* lower the pain, and probably make it last longer.

$120-200+ is cheap for a set for a set a bicycle tires in comparison.

Why not just get a set of normal studded tires for like 30 bucks?

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

What's going on at the far back corner of the bus? Looking under the bus at the start it seems like there's something there, almost like it's being pushed by a reversing van, but there's nothing that size behind it at the end.
E: You can see the edge of a van behind the bus right at the start. Maybe a short, high trailer?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's pulling a trailer.

If you look closely you can see that the trailer it's pulling is a single axle, only one set of wheels dragging along behind.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Dec 29, 2019

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

MisterOblivious fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Dec 29, 2019

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Broken/bruised ribs are a special kind of hell. It isn’t the worst pain but it’s there every time you lie down to sleep, cough, laugh, breathe or use any of your abdomen muscles (pretty much every movement).

The OSHA part is that you have to be doped up on painkillers because going for extended periods without coughing or only drawing shallow breaths leads to fluid buildup in the lungs and pneumonia.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

MisterOblivious posted:

There are no such things. Period.

No? Ok. There's a lot of it in stores here in Sweden and seemingly everywhere online. If you have super special tire dimensions perhaps it's expensive, idk.

OSHA content?: someone butchered an elk right by my running path. I now know that an elk stomach smells like human puke.

Potrzebie fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Dec 29, 2019

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/wI1ISM5.mp4

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

MisterOblivious posted:

Minnesota.mp4

On motor vehicles.

https://youtu.be/z6vGQ0K3wm4

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

starkebn posted:

Yeah goddamn. Is this a serious post?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Unfortunately, we need to get far away from methane release of any sort.