Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEmHRBjVTY4

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

And stream complete! Thanks for joining us as always everyone!

VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/527238261

1. Spike Inc 00:08:00
By: Mektarian S8T-H97-C0G

2. Disturbed Sky 00:17:30
By: AptAlbatross 0XF-P9D-GQG

3. Fire Ring Rainbows! 00:42:55
By: Sonic4president BM4-SRY-BWF

4. Boom Boom's Winter Fortress 01:12:40
By: Andogreenbay G5L-PX7-MGG

5. Cannon and Thwomp 01:29:15
By: Dict XD0-0BN-5WG

6. Chain Chomp Chasm 01:37:25
By: PenguinBTW DJ0-R9P-C0H

7. Snow Cat Climb 02:08:00
By: Babysbug S4M-FHD-BJF

8. Heatman's Castle Code: 02:17:00
By: Andrew_Rosen XSS-H35-GQG

9. Propeller Heights 02:27:40
By: Theyummycookie XX4-BSG-D7G

10. Chocolate Desert Island 02:32:35
By: VGSavvy TRV-GNY-0XF

11. Fly me to Boom-Boom 02:49:00
By: SwidSMM BK5-K79-G4G

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm gonna play through Super Mario Bros. 3: The Lost Levels, which is a cool set of levels I found via someone earlier in this thread. If you want me to play your levels, though, stop by and add them and I'll gladly get to them!

https://www.twitch.tv/cartridgeblowers

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I really want Chargin’ Chucks in this game.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

What's this? Another stage?

Falling Down Caverns
BRL-BHB-XSG

Based of off World 5-2 in Super Mario 3.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
For the first time in a long time, I decided to pick up Mario Maker and put an idea I’d had for awhile down to paper. Here it is!

Snake Block Gymnastics Festival
VWB-FJW-TGF

The level involves some elaborate wall jumping, but it’s very safe, so I hope it should be fun even for people who don’t like hard levels. The last time I tackled this theme the level came out ridiculously hard and no one but me ever beat it (despite like 60 attempts), so I made this one a lot easier.

Now I’ve got 40 pages of levels to catch up on.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

And I guess I'm just on a roll because here's another stage!

Simple Spike Balls
29P-6TT-WPF

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
https://twitter.com/SAMarioMaker/status/1211413890568990721

Twitter was being weird, sorry for the delay.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/demanrisu/status/1211684890728550401?s=21
Which one of you made this?:lol:

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Level list for tonight's stream at 6 pm PST/9 pm EST

https://www.twitch.tv/onemoretimegfsn

1. Snake Blocks Gymastics Festival
By: Nrook VWB-FJW-TGF

2. There's a Goomba in my Boot!
By: MarioMoon DX0-D5P-WSG

3. Don't Look Down
By: Ensign_Red_Shirt JJY-XSC-R3G

4. Metroidvania w/ waypoints
By: Dr. Manatee S2Q-YXR-1LF

5. Super Mario Run, Run, Run!!!
By: NoSmallNames VFP-2XG-JQG

6. Link & the Small Piranha Plant
By: Zeno714 L3N-C8S-JVG

7. New Year No Shroom Diet
By: RexyphilSMM 44N-7C7-62G

8. Pipeworks Oil Rig
By: Gotdatmoneyy B7X-TVN-KGF

9. Hot Potato
By: CaptainTiad101 JXK-PCX-TLF

10. A Pipe of a Different Color
By: Dwideshrude1 2YR-86N-89G

11. 50 seconds Mflaaky speedrun
By: MissGeCko VPM-910-KHG

12. Chase the Ball!
By: Bnell Q1V-K1J-KHG

13. Sherbert Land
By: TomaZz GHF-G12-X1H

14. The Spike Tops' Bewitched Dunes
By: Peekystar 2PW-NLD-8SF

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.

NofrikinfuN posted:

Currently playing tug of war with a japanese girl for the world record on your icicle level. (Also a very good one!)

Your levels are really fun to go fast in. Is that by design, or just a happy accident?

I guess I do it on purpose? It's how I play through everyone else's levels.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

And we're going live with viewer levels!

https://www.twitch.tv/onemoretimegfsn

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Gnome Enthusiast posted:

I guess I do it on purpose? It's how I play through everyone else's levels.

Well, I appreciate that quality, however it happens. Some levels have all the jumps timed just wrong and force you to do stop-go and it just drives me batty. Mario is best played running full speed. :mario:

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

And stream complete! Thanks again to everyone who showed up, it was a really good crowd.

Also, I suggest checking out Metroidvania w/ waypoints, it's a little confusing but it does a great job with the concept. 25Y-5JN-NVF

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/528681540

1. Snake Blocks Gymastics Festival 00:07:50
By: Nrook VWB-FJW-TGF

2. There's a Goomba in my Boot! 00:42:30
By: MarioMoon DX0-D5P-WSG

3. Don't Look Down 02:25:45
By: Ensign_Red_Shirt JJY-XSC-R3G

4. Metroidvania w/ waypoints 01:35:00
By: Dr. Manatee 25Y-5JN-NVF

5. Super Mario Run, Run, Run!!! 02:17:00
By: NoSmallNames VFP-2XG-JQG

6. Link & the Small Piranha Plant 02:30:00
By: Zeno714 L3N-C8S-JVG

7. New Year No Shroom Diet 02:36:00
By: RexyphilSMM 44N-7C7-62G

8. Pipeworks Oil Rig 02:42:20
By: Gotdatmoneyy B7X-TVN-KGF

9. Hot Potato 02:51:50
By: CaptainTiad101 JXK-PCX-TLF

10. A Pipe of a Different Color 02:48:00
By: Dwideshrude1 08K-J51-2YF

11. 50 seconds Mflaaky speedrun 03:02:30
By: MissGeCko VPM-910-KHG

12. Chase the Ball! 03:09:15
By: Bnell Q1V-K1J-KHG

13. Sherbert Land 03:19:30
By: TomaZz GHF-G12-X1H

14. The Spike Tops' Bewitched Dunes 03:22:30
By: Peekystar 2PW-NLD-8SF

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've always felt like Spike has been underutilized in real deal nintendo mario games so I have been overjoyed by the Spike renaissance in this update. so many cool levels lately

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

In Training posted:

I've always felt like Spike has been underutilized in real deal nintendo mario games so I have been overjoyed by the Spike renaissance in this update. so many cool levels lately

100% agreed. I always loved the little guy.

It does remind me, too bad you can't have the spike ball be levitated by piranha plants in this game like in SMB3

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

OneMoreTime posted:

100% agreed. I always loved the little guy.

It does remind me, too bad you can't have the spike ball be levitated by piranha plants in this game like in SMB3

It's a particularly weird omission considering it's part of Piranha Plant's moveset in smash Bros

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Frozen Fort / Fiery Fish
VTK-R77-3YF

Just another level, about Cheeps on fire and melting ice coin blocks.

tonberi
Oct 17, 2003

Rather Watch Them posted:

Frozen Fort / Fiery Fish
VTK-R77-3YF

Just another level, about Cheeps on fire and melting ice coin blocks.

This was an excellent combination of elements and a lot of fun, thanks!

G9Q-QNP-VPG - Box Tops Bonanza
Ride the tops of boxes up some vertical sections with a fiery friend. If you're fast enough upon retrying, you'll only have to deal with falling spikes in the second section. However, if you're too fast in the first section, you may have to wait a while...

Sublimer
Sep 20, 2007
get yo' game up

Just got this game for Christmas and have been playing the levels y'all have posted. Lots of cool stuff! Totopi, I thought your Sunken Time Trial level was a cool idea. One of the first ones I played.

Anyway, I finally made my first level:

2TT-0H1-YTF

It's difficult. I guess you'd call it a "Precision" type level, but it's not kaizo and the timer is no issue. I know it's not a good level, but would love to get some feedback and hear how it's trash and I should just quit. My thought is I maybe made the difficulty a bit on the cheap side.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Sublimer posted:

Just got this game for Christmas and have been playing the levels y'all have posted. Lots of cool stuff! Totopi, I thought your Sunken Time Trial level was a cool idea. One of the first ones I played.

Anyway, I finally made my first level:

2TT-0H1-YTF

It's difficult. I guess you'd call it a "Precision" type level, but it's not kaizo and the timer is no issue. I know it's not a good level, but would love to get some feedback and hear how it's trash and I should just quit. My thought is I maybe made the difficulty a bit on the cheap side.

I skipped the coin hunt and just went to the flag to check out the level which was tough enough. I’m sure somebody will enjoy making those spike jumps but I’m not that person so the level isn’t really for me. Nobody enjoys off screen thwomps though, especially at the end of a grueling level. It’s such a hack move that even Nintendo tells you not to do it if you go through the in-game training.

Sublimer
Sep 20, 2007
get yo' game up

You’re right. I thought the openings in the bricks would telegraph them enough but it’s easy for me to say that since I made the level. Maybe I will lower them so they’re on screen. Putting them at the end is probably too trolly, which is why I put the coin surrounded by spikes right at the very beginning. The spike corridors are the toughest part but I think they’re too tedious. Appreciate you playing it though my dude.

tonberi
Oct 17, 2003

Sublimer posted:

2TT-0H1-YTF Carefully Collect Coins (HARD)

It's difficult. I guess you'd call it a "Precision" type level...

Well, yes, it is a difficult precision level. Spike hitboxes are joyful, so this was an exciting experience. I hate the first jump, but it was nice at helping me get a 'feel' for when to let go of jumping for certain heights, which I'm sure will be useful in another stage later on. I don't like that one of the spinies respawns in the first spike corridor, and that if you kick one of the beetles above the second spike corridor it kinda breaks the area, but as to the thwomp, if you're collecting the coins you'll see it fall before it would surprise you, so I don't really see a problem with that. Overall it's difficult but short enough that it's not too frustrating, and I'm rather surprised I managed to beat it tonight!

Edit: Not sure what you can do to improve it, and I think it's mostly subjective what I dislike, I still wanted to clear your stage so it is not such garbage :v: Most of the anger came from early on, once I was able to get the first coin and the first spike corridor, the rest of the stage came pretty quickly, and I liked how the last area was tight but pretty safe.

Thanks for the compliments on my course, I'm glad you enjoyed!

tonberi fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jan 2, 2020

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I haven't played this game enough. Come and send me your greatest creations. Stream will be starting soon:
https://www.twitch.tv/pizza_skeleton

lol 10 bux
Dec 22, 2004
i <3 (o)(o)s
I tried putting together a level geared towards Multiplayer. Problem is I can't see how it plays out in multiplayer by myself. It's a simple platforming stage with separate paths for each player and some traps for you to screw with the other players.

If you put the Multiplayer Versus tag on a level does that influence at all getting into the rotation for Versus levels?

Multiplayer Versus Race
NG1-MN2-W3G

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

lol 10 bux posted:

If you put the Multiplayer Versus tag on a level does that influence at all getting into the rotation for Versus levels?

Not from what I've seen. Difficulty and reception are the main things that seem to affect getting VS plays. Only normal and easy courses will show up. If you've gotten at least one clear and that was enough to get you into that difficulty classification you usually will get a vs play within a day. From there it just depends on how the level is rated. If the first batch of players receives it poorly that may be the only time it ever comes up.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yeah, it seems like the key to multiplayer rotation is to be a hit the first time you come up in multi. There are ways to improve your chances but you have to be a bit lucky too.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Level list for tonight's stream at 6:30 PM PST/9:30 PM EST. Slight delay as I have to handle a few things in the late afternoon.

1. Frozen Fort/Fiery Fish
By: Rather Watch Them VTK-R77-3YF

2. Box Tops Bonanza
By: Tonberi G9Q-QNP-VPG

3. Sublimer's Level
By: Sublimer 2TT-0H1-YTF

4. Multiplayer Versus Race
By: Lol 10 Bux NG1-MN2-W3G

REDDIT LEVELS:

5. It's Rainin' Goombas!
By: Alrossiter 6KX-8WQ-7TF

6. Tide Pool Palace
By: PhoenoFox DBK-CDB-FHF

7. Momentum
By: paceyourpace DX4-S0J-HNF

8. Lonk Story Short
By: Special Pants 27J-L2L-8SG

9. Link's Mountain Journey
By: Atlasfire1 46C-JL3-CSF

10. Gotta Light?
By: LP5-HD2-YPG

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

And we're live! https://www.twitch.tv/onemoretimegfsn

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I made a Mario tonight. Am I doing this right?

(There's also the Zelda stuff I mentioned in twitch chat tonight)

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Looking nice, Rod!

Also stream complete! Thanks again to everyone who joined us tonight.

VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/531147273

Levels played:

1. Frozen Fort/Fiery Fish 00:08:30
By: Rather Watch Them VTK-R77-3YF

2. Box Tops Bonanza 01:00:30
By: Tonberi G9Q-QNP-VPG

3. Sublimer's Level 01:12:15
By: Sublimer 2TT-0H1-YTF

4. Multiplayer Versus Race 01:36:35
By: Lol 10 Bux NG1-MN2-W3G

REDDIT LEVELS:

5. It's Rainin' Goombas! 01:49:45
By: Alrossiter 6KX-8WQ-7TF

6. Tide Pool Palace 01:59:45
By: PhoenoFox DBK-CDB-FHF

7. Momentum 02:06:45
By: paceyourpace DX4-S0J-HNF

8. Lonk Story Short 02:20:00**
By: Special Pants 27J-L2L-8SG

9. Link's Mountain Journey 02:25:30
By: Atlasfire1 46C-JL3-CSF

10. Gotta Light? 03:03:20
By: Bleakeeuphoria LP5-HD2-YPG

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.
The Tower of Positive Thinking - LWN-TGQ-SQG - I've combined everyone's favorite things into a single stage, enjoy.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

The level cap was raised to 100 tonight for anyone prolific enough to need it. I'm still working my way toward the original cap.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

J-Spot posted:

The level cap was raised to 100 tonight for anyone prolific enough to need it. I'm still working my way toward the original cap.

Is this apparently the last update for that feature? I remember them saying last time, almost ominously, "this will happen only once more". :ohdear:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Sounds like the Switch is finally getting an official stylus, thanks perhaps to Brain Training? It’s sold stand alone too.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

DalaranJ posted:

Sounds like the Switch is finally getting an official stylus, thanks perhaps to Brain Training? It’s sold stand alone too.

I wonder if it'll be the same stylus that Nintendo quasi-released for the Japanese version of SMM2. If so, it wasn't exactly of the highest quality.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

OneMoreTime posted:

I wonder if it'll be the same stylus that Nintendo quasi-released for the Japanese version of SMM2. If so, it wasn't exactly of the highest quality.

The one with Brain Age is apparently pretty good. I’m just waiting to see if the game gets a NA release before importing it.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

More levels for the pile. It's gonna take some balls to finish these ones.

Ice Ball Run
ID# QF4-MMP-9XF
https://twitter.com/SamFaustus/status/1213199166609821696?s=20

Spikeball Special
ID# G7K-JJV-8TG
https://twitter.com/SamFaustus/status/1214646750780116992?s=20

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

New Ninji level all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi