Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

sweet geek swag posted:

Usually the paper bag test is used by racists to determine if someone is too black. Negromancer was using it to make sure they were black enough. I just wanted to make sure the absurdity wasn't lost on people.

Paper bag tests are extra absurd because there are olive-skinned Europeans that are darker than an average paper bag. I get that it's a convenient tool when paper bags are easy to get but it's...uh...not an accurate one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Ive heard coupons is the most drama-filled subforum and I honestly have no idea if its a joke or not because I could see it

Affiliate links and referral codes bring out the worst in some men.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I guess its just because I spend the most time there, but I always think of AI as the most drama free sub.

Then I remember that places like Take a Hike exist, even though they only have like 3 people there.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

angerbeet posted:

Coupons and Deals has always been the best forum it's not up for debate.

wanna know what's up with dr eldarion, that guys been there forever right?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Homeless Friend posted:

wanna know what's up with dr eldarion, that guys been there forever right?
He's so good at deals posting some of the infrequent users think he's an advanced deals-searching bot.

He also used to run a SlickDeals type of site (DealMeIn.Net?) but posting poo poo here is apparently more chill.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

who was it that put everybody on ignore so much that the forums almost crashed

i think they only posted in coupons

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
I think they literally had every poster but like one or two on ignore.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
im going to choose to believe it was a gesture of profound spiritual wisdom

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Paper bag tests are extra absurd because there are olive-skinned Europeans that are darker than an average paper bag. I get that it's a convenient tool when paper bags are easy to get but it's...uh...not an accurate one.

It's not a test using a literal paper bag

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
We have a coupon forum??

:wth:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Who What Now posted:

It's not a test using a literal paper bag

Sometimes it literally is

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Probably an app now?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

WhatsBlck

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I'm investing in the seed round for that!

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

The Negraph

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Solice Kirsk posted:

Lincoln's Wax had a really long run and so has Hieronymous Alloy.

He couldn't change the grave/backtick to an apostrophe because Radium; it broke a bunch of stuff.

I think he was the longest running mod when he stepped down. He modded TFR since its inception. IIRC something like 12 years.

You can email Cyrano4747 at the Google mail if you don't have a report button, like me. Glad to see some solid people were picked for this new position.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Oh god yeah Dr elderan has to be the longest serving. He's been around for longer then I have it feels. I still love when he posts just burns in bfc. Moneyball threatened to coupons someone and the deal guru popped in with

"I don't want his dumbass gently caress you"

I think the period where fishmech was chained still haunts him. Nothing beats the guy who found the ignore limit because people kept bothering his coupon threads.

I thought it wasn't so much that there was a limit as it was ignoring too many people crashed the forums.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Yeah that was the joke :v: he literally broke the forum because he had over 10k posters on ignore. And once it hit the magical limit when one of said posters tried to post it crashed.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

FuturePastNow posted:

Follow-up: I consulted a panel of Star Trek Online drama researchers, and they have informed me that ShadowDragon is a racist on Reddit nowadays (spoilered because it's unsettlingly racist):

That post was originally here, and he deleted it quickly as he was obviously logged into the wrong account.

He also likes posting awful Star Trek Online fanfic (and ruminations on the breast sizes of his MMO characters), but that's leading us outside of the SA portion of his saga.

Keru posted:

No loving way, hahaha.

The best part about his probation in the Battletech thread is that it wasn't from people reporting him, it was because he'd made a ton of reports about people 'voting wrong' or whatever.

On top of all this, ShadowDragon also went on to mod Stellaris and had another slight resurgence there when he not only made some weird “realism” mod that just happened to have a bunch of ethnic cleansing mechanics in it, it turned out he stole said mechanics wholesale from some other gross mod and the resulting steam workshop slapfight kept the normally terrible Stellaris thread laughing for a week. The dude is just several kinds of very entertaining failure.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Psycho Landlord posted:

On top of all this, ShadowDragon also went on to mod Stellaris and had another slight resurgence there when he not only made some weird “realism” mod that just happened to have a bunch of ethnic cleansing mechanics in it, it turned out he stole said mechanics wholesale from some other gross mod and the resulting steam workshop slapfight kept the normally terrible Stellaris thread laughing for a week. The dude is just several kinds of very entertaining failure.

Link to the start of that in the Stellaris thread?

Bad Wolf
Apr 7, 2007
Without evil there could be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometime !

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Except. Except! They didn't get the new improved autoapprovals, they still only autoapprove sixers (provided the new code is working right :)). Jeffrey has been busy.

I'm amazed that changing some code didn't result in every avatar turning into Goatse or something considering the legendary horribleness of the forum's code.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
we are all

HAMPRINCES of the Universe

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
LAMBLORD, here

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

DUCKDUKE checking in

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I'm only an occasional HAMPRINCE someday I hope to be a constant one

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
...so like...cumshitter.

whose cum? :stonk:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
His own, duh. loving moron.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

boofing my own love juice to own the goons

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Achmed Jones posted:

DUCKDUKE checking in

Dibs on EELEARL

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
BEEFBARON reporting

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
SWANSHEIK reporting in

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

...so like...cumshitter.

whose cum? :stonk:
Cumshitter has a seriously impressive amount of CUM* that he handles, and as he is a consummate professional the identities of the individuals he draws from are kept strictly confidential. It's just one of the many advantages of his trademark Business Hole philosophy.

*(Capital Under Management)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Put me down for MEATMARQUESS

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Putting out CAMELCALIPH and TURKEYTYRANT for anyone who wants them

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

bloom posted:

BEEFBARON reporting

BURGERKING eying you suspiciously

vvv You too, buddy

Captain Hygiene has a new favorite as of 18:08 on Dec 30, 2019

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete
BURGERMEISTER reporting for duty

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

im RIBQUEEN

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Im

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
MEATMONARCH has arrived

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus