Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
just got an Eiscue on WT so I'm breeding up a box to spread the wealth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Epic High Five posted:

pro-tip for people wanting to get all of the G-max mons, see if you library has copies of Lets Go to check out. I got my Pikachu by checking it out, creating a save file, then returning it

I wish I lived in a bourgie enough part of the world that still has working public libraries

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I can't say I've seen games at my library. Edutainment pc games maybe in the late 90s, but sure as hell never console games.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
My library gets a bunch of new games, I love it.

I just put Let's Go Eevee on hold!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

not all will but you may be surprised!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

EHF dropping wisdom on this thread.

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

I get wondertraded Sobbles and Scorbunnies without end and while I appreciate the sentiment I'm really just looking for one drat Grookey

I have a 2 6IV Males if you want, I think one is Adament and one is Jolly. I also have a Female with maybe 4IV’s. I’ll check back here later since I don’t have access to my Switch right now

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

The Gillman posted:

I have a 2 6IV Males if you want, I think one is Adament and one is Jolly. I also have a Female with maybe 4IV’s. I’ll check back here later since I don’t have access to my Switch right now

The adamant would be great. I'm doing moving stuff atm so the waits fine. I got an eiscue through wondertrade so some babies from thats probably the rarest thing I can give you back.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
There is little more relaxing than blowing through BT with my Polteageist listening to this. :c00lbert:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Is there a Sword/Shield thread or is this it?

Either way fun game. It's nice to be back since Diamond.

Wingull is my new best pal, but I hate Pelipper, he looks like a doofus. I figure Everstones keep the guy from evolving, but is there any mechanic that will allow them to not evolve and yet earn the potential benefits? Or am I just clippings the wings off of my Wingull?

Not a fan of Pelipper.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Is there a Sword/Shield thread or is this it?

Either way fun game. It's nice to be back since Diamond.

Wingull is my new best pal, but I hate Pelipper, he looks like a doofus. I figure Everstones keep the guy from evolving, but is there any mechanic that will allow them to not evolve and yet earn the potential benefits? Or am I just clippings the wings off of my Wingull?

Not a fan of Pelipper.

You could give an eviolite which would raise wingulls defenses but you'd have to cancel the evolution manually each level. That's it really

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Get a bunch of xp candy and shoot it up to level 100 in one go so you only have to press B once :v:

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I like how they just randomly made Pelipper a rain god in gen 7. No hidden ability junk or anything, Pelippers are now just rocking Drizzle. Epic mon.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

TheHan posted:

Oh! I didn't know Ditto had his own speed up items. I've been using Choice Scarf and then when it's time to change up moves you just dynamax to turn it off for a bit. My Ditto's got garbage HP IVs and no HP EV but still breaks Dragapults over its gooey lil knees.

Also:

https://twitter.com/pohe_poke/status/1209389921368035328?s=20

They gave the offensive dog better defensive typing than the defensive dog. It’s ridiculous and makes Zacian better in every way.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

except for the name

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
I just got wonder traded a Chinese 5IV Jolly Magikarp in a Beast Ball. China can have us.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

You could give an eviolite which would raise wingulls defenses but you'd have to cancel the evolution manually each level. That's it really

Hum ok. I may have to do that then.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Evil Fluffy posted:

They gave the offensive dog better defensive typing than the defensive dog. It’s ridiculous and makes Zacian better in every way.

I will forever say Zamazenta looks cooler than his sister.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

I just got wonder traded a Chinese 5IV Jolly Magikarp in a Beast Ball. China can have us.

If our want a 6iv ditto get in discord. Some goons were being very generous.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Okay I have a real dumb interface question in Shield. How do you actually sort Pokémon in the box? The X button has a "sort Pokemon" option but that just lets you manually arrange them but not sort them by level or type.

Also how do battle groups work? Can't seem to just swap my party, and it looks like they can only be in one group?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Tayter Swift posted:

Okay I have a real dumb interface question in Shield. How do you actually sort Pokémon in the box? The X button has a "sort Pokemon" option but that just lets you manually arrange them but not sort them by level or type.

Also how do battle groups work? Can't seem to just swap my party, and it looks like they can only be in one group?

You can only sort them manually, there is no auto-sort of any kind

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Man I've been trying to get a gmax sandaconda for at least a few days. I can't catch this fucker

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

When the promos and leaks were coming out I thought the curry thing was silly but now I'm genuinely more invested in becoming a curry master than this whole "best pokemon trainer in Galar thing"

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Epic High Five posted:

Okay I've got a fish with FISH BUTTON and choice scarf, am I going overboard by making a baton pass ninjask to give him speed and extra attack?

I don't ever see myself doing PVP I just wanna hit masterball. If doubles is separate I figure I'll train up a Peliper for fish button boost

Eidt - also what's so great about Whimsicott that I see it all the time in doubles now
If you can baton pass, you should baton pass, because baton pass is always good as hell

also, whimsicott is cute + has access to Prankster and tailwind, why NOT use one?

Framboise posted:

My library gets a bunch of new games, I love it.

I just put Let's Go Eevee on hold!
eternally mad that I moved from a place with a cool as hell giant library to one with a tiny rear end podunk library

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Blaziken386 posted:

If you can baton pass, you should baton pass, because baton pass is always good as hell

If you're just doing BT do not baton pass. It takes too much time already to get through the tower to get BP adding in pointless turns for set up and Passing is just gonna make it longer. Just push the fish button, swap to Dragopult if they die, maybe throw in a wall that can toxic to finish off anything left/swap to to get rid of your Choice Scarf Choice.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Just got sword and caught a chewtle. I think I beat the game.

Edit: what the hell is the sparkling pokemon in the overworld?

Edit2: I guess it is brilliant and better than my first rookiedee.

Edit3: everyone gets exp all the time. Yes. Yes. Now I can level all the pokemon and not want to kill myself.

vvvvv
I have no idea what that means

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Dec 30, 2019

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

Just got sword and caught a chewtle. I think I beat the game.

Edit: what the hell is the sparkling pokemon in the overworld?

they give you extra watts if you catch them

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

indigi posted:

they give you extra watts if you catch them

they also usually have an egg move

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Man I've been trying to get a gmax sandaconda for at least a few days. I can't catch this fucker

I think I have some spares if you want one.

Jithendra
May 23, 2009
If anyone in the U.S. is looking to order something from the Pokemon Center website, I have one free shipping code available that I guess I'll just post here, since I haven't had any more takers elsewhere. They gave me a bunch of codes as an apology for messing up an order last year, way more than I can use myself.

This code can ONLY be used on the U.S. site and expires at 12:01 A.M. Eastern Time on December 31, 2019 so grab it while you can! If you do, please post here to let me know that you used it. Also keep in mind that if your order is over $50 you wouldn't need this since you'd already get free shipping on it.

The code is:
CCFSVX3EA7ZGI9C

Happy New Year, goons!

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Managed to hit Master Ball in ranked singles just before the season ended, pretty happy with that

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Which one of you is sending out Sobbles named Brexit on wonder trade?

Because I laughed.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://twitter.com/ametoya/status/1211469280224526336?s=20

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Sea Lily posted:

they also usually have an egg move

They also have at least one Best IV! And you get the watts for beating ‘em too.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Flopsy posted:

I think I have some spares if you want one.

I finally got one. Posting made it happen within a few minutes. Just gotta complain to get the luck

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
What is the best way to get a grookey or scorbunny?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mr Hootington posted:

Ask here or in the discord.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Mr Hootington posted:

You could always roll the dice with surprise trades. I got all three starters that way. They’re pretty common thanks to the breeders rejecting anything not perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Breeding this gen has been a breeze. Kind of surprised how quickly I am building my roster. Honestly the hardest thing is earning BP to fuel some of my bullshit experiments.

Also, walling the orb items behind RNG was pretty loving dumb.