Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Nessus posted:

Use in what sense? I guess it would help it live on and grow an audience, but it's not like the cow town puppet show needs to have 7% year over year growth. Indeed I wouldn't be shocked if that's part of why Netflix didn't continue it, it wasn't growing new subscribers.

So a major streaming service would mostly provide discoverabilities and potentially access to film rights, except I kind of doubt the latter is likely to happen because MST3k picks fun of things.

There's also ease of access for the audience as an important factor, people are more likely to want to watch your stuff if it's accessible on the major streaming devices than just through their computer or something(literally the only reason I don't have a Shudder subscription is the fact that they still haven't gotten out a PS4 app for example)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Funky Valentine posted:

MST3K on Disney+ would be worth it if they did some of the various Disney Channel movies.

Halloween Town, let's loving do it.

They could do Song of the Sou-:commissar:.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

If they tried to continually crowdfund each new season, they’d definitely run into diminishing returns. Sure, they don’t need to raise six million bucks every time, but I really doubt that would be a sustainable path for more than another season or two.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Nessus posted:

Use in what sense? I guess it would help it live on and grow an audience, but it's not like the cow town puppet show needs to have 7% year over year growth. Indeed I wouldn't be shocked if that's part of why Netflix didn't continue it, it wasn't growing new subscribers.

So a major streaming service would mostly provide discoverabilities and potentially access to film rights, except I kind of doubt the latter is likely to happen because MST3k picks fun of things.

I'm sure that for some, you have the Weird Al effect - people would see getting mocked on MST3K as a badge of honor, rather than an insult. And in some cases, MST3K provides a life for these films that they might not have otherwise have.

I think Netflix hurt the show by insisting on making it binge friendly. That meant every episode went out at once - which made it impossible to keep up good word of mouth and to react to feedback (they probably could have addressed the pacing issues in the first season if they didn't have to have 14 episodes at the ready).

If they went to cable, I think their best bet would be something like Adult Swim. It's the one place I can think of where the show could gain an audience. You still have the whole 2 hours long thing.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Imagine if it went back to Comedy Central and things went full circle.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

It occurs to me that Girl in Gold Boots is a Christmas movie, so I’ll be watching that ASAP.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
merry christmas everyone! lets go to the haunted house

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Oh, Charles Manson's walkin' the streets
The Zodiac Killer's at large
Charles Bukowski is pukin' out the window
And Santa Claus is on his way :v:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Let us all have Christmas Dinner at EAT.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Santa flew 56 missions over North Korea.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Yeah, well Santa's pep talks don't pay the bills. How about a pay hike, big man! <:mad:>

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Hang out in leather bars...

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

I'll have to smash your kneecaps if you bastards touch my car. :ohdearsass:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Cemetry Gator posted:

If they went to cable, I think their best bet would be something like Adult Swim. It's the one place I can think of where the show could gain an audience. You still have the whole 2 hours long thing.
They'd also then have access to all of Warner Brothers and MGM's backlog of movies.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

They'd also then have access to all of Warner Brothers and MGM's backlog of movies.

I would make a DCEU joke, but I've never made it through the Rifftrax of Batman vs Superman. Not because the jokes were bad but the sheer gruelling length. Hell, even the riffers have to tag out during the film. (I got up to around when MJ and Bridget tap out, right before Wonder Woman shows up- THE MOVE STILL HAS AN HOUR LEFT AT THAT POINT!)

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Oh, Charles Manson's walkin' the streets
The Zodiac Killer's at large
Charles Bukowski is pukin' out the window
And Santa Claus is on his way :v:

I had this stuck in my head all day and am finally watching Girl after 2 Xmas parties with the in laws. God I wish some of these terrible songs were on Spotify

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Gaz-L posted:

I would make a DCEU joke, but I've never made it through the Rifftrax of Batman vs Superman. Not because the jokes were bad but the sheer gruelling length. Hell, even the riffers have to tag out during the film. (I got up to around when MJ and Bridget tap out, right before Wonder Woman shows up- THE MOVE STILL HAS AN HOUR LEFT AT THAT POINT!)

The first Rifftrax I ever watched was the Ben Affleck Daredevil movie. I tapped out on that one and didn't go back for almost a decade. It's real bad.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Another Bill posted:

The first Rifftrax I ever watched was the Ben Affleck Daredevil movie. I tapped out on that one and didn't go back for almost a decade. It's real bad.

One of the YouTube channels I follow started a 'worst superhero flicks ever' series and he's only done one so far, and Daredevil was first up. Even as somebody who had to listen to it daily because it was on the comic store's TV, it's just really bad. It doesn't help that it came out after the first Raimi Spider-Man which made some of Daredevil's stuff seem pedestrian, but... have I mentioned it's bad?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I really liked that movie for a while and then I saw literally any other Daredevil media (the Bendis comic book run I think) and next time I tried I found it borderline unwatchable. So basically I like it because I like the concept of Daredevil.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

man that german hamlet production was loving DIRE

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Powered Descent posted:

I'll have to smash your kneecaps if you bastards touch my car. :ohdearsass:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZyJCV_dyug

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

HopperUK posted:

I really liked that movie for a while and then I saw literally any other Daredevil media (the Bendis comic book run I think) and next time I tried I found it borderline unwatchable. So basically I like it because I like the concept of Daredevil.

I don't hate it, and the Director's Cut is significantly better (they tried to cut it into a date movie for the theatrical version because it was being put out on Valentine's) but it's still not great.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

https://twitter.com/newsfedora/status/1209673027086176256?s=21

Kind of reminds me of how the Ink Spots’ “I Don’t Want to Set the World on Fire” 78 from the 1940s goes for a lot just because of Fallout.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Ballz posted:

https://twitter.com/newsfedora/status/1209673027086176256?s=21

Kind of reminds me of how the Ink Spots’ “I Don’t Want to Set the World on Fire” 78 from the 1940s goes for a lot just because of Fallout.

I found a cheap reissue for about $8 on ebay.

Dude loves to cry:

Side 1
1. "Every Day I Have to Cry" (Arthur Alexander)
2. "I Don't Want to Cry"
3. "My Heart Cries for You"
4. "I Cried All the Way Home"
5. "Cry Me a River" (Arthur Hamilton)
6. "I Wake Up Crying"

Side 2
1. "Cry"
2. "She Cried"
3. "Don't Cry"
4. "Cry of the Wild Goose"
5. "Cry Myself to Sleep"
6. "Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying" (Joe Greene)

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Has he mentioned that he cried? Is it wrong not to always feel glad?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Cry Wilderness?

No, just cry.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Hogama posted:

Has he mentioned that he cried? Is it wrong not to always feel glad?

I wrote this during a very sad time in my life. Breakfast, actually.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

The 7th Guest posted:

man that german hamlet production was loving DIRE

It's like a test, just how much can you gently caress up Shakespeare short of doing actual rewrites?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Maxwell Lord posted:

It's like a test, just how much can you gently caress up Shakespeare short of doing actual rewrites?

Baz Luhrman would like a word. Even Pete Postlethwaite couldn't save that one.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Remember how people would keep asking if MST would ever do anime? Well, they can now be half happy as RiffTrax is doing Attack of the Super Monsters which is half anime! The other half is bad stop motion.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Dawgstar posted:

Remember how people would keep asking if MST would ever do anime? Well, they can now be half happy as RiffTrax is doing Attack of the Super Monsters which is half anime! The other half is bad stop motion.

Imagine if they did Genocyber...

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
They could do Twinkle Nora Rock Me, but that's (mercifully) pretty short.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Ninja Scroll would be entertaining for Rifftrax, and probably remind everyone that that's actually a drat fun movie.

e: Really, they could probably do just about anything from that mid-80s to early 90s OVA boom, but some of that stuff would have to get cut down so badly the riff would be five minutes long unless they started allowing NSFW material, and a lot of it is just scraping the absolute bottom of the barrel. Ninja Scroll is actually pretty well-made, would only require them to censor a couple bits, and is completely bugfuck ridiculous.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Dec 28, 2019

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/Superfan44t/status/1211501899947614209

Joel is having a lot of fun with that kid.

ja2ke
Feb 19, 2004

Gets kind of mean the farther it goes.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
You could almost read Joel as bitter except anyone who follows Rifftrax knows there's no bad blood between the groups at all.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mokinokaro posted:

You could almost read Joel as bitter except anyone who follows Rifftrax knows there's no bad blood between the groups at all.

Yeah. The guy was internet-splaining to Joel about something he's actually been on.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Dawgstar posted:

One of the YouTube channels I follow started a 'worst superhero flicks ever' series and he's only done one so far, and Daredevil was first up.

I too want a follow up, but he needed enough time to rant about Padme's assassination attempt.

"HE SENDS A GUY WHO SENDS A GUY WHO SENDS A SHAPESHIFTER WHO SENDS A DROID WHO SENDS BUGS TO KILL PADME!!"

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
I hope it gets picked up by Disney, so they can be in the next Kingdom Hearts game.

In the foreground, making fun of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gavok posted:

"HE SENDS A GUY WHO SENDS A GUY WHO SENDS A SHAPESHIFTER WHO SENDS A DROID WHO SENDS BUGS TO KILL PADME!!"

I also liked Marcus yelling at Padme's blank reaction to Anakin admitting to murder "George, it's your JOB to tell her how to react! HELP HER HELP YOU!"