Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Eimi posted:

He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the Moons of Nibia, and round the Antares Maelstrom, and round Perdition's flames before I give him up!

A vaguely whale-like alien named Mobu Dokk, digitally inserted into the background of a scene in The Empire Strikes Back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

No Mods No Masters posted:

Or the same planet going by its alternate name, Pepsiku

I think it's a Crystal planet, IIRC

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Clegg Lars could die in the Obi-Wan Show doing the sickest thing he's ever done in his entire life after getting dragged along on a damnfool idealistic crusade.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

teagone posted:

Lmao, yeah. I'm super annoyed at the goon who suggested Maz's character should've just been Ahsoka the White instead. Lot more you can do there. That not being a thing makes me angry, more so because we could've had Lupita Nyong'o play a live-action Ahsoka.

i think that was me, and i apologize for nothing :twisted:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Brother Entropy posted:

i think that was me, and i apologize for nothing :twisted:

:argh: this headcanon torments me

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1211772197137600513

eternal lmao @ this article

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

teagone posted:

:argh: this headcanon torments me

someday i'll watch more than a handful of episodes of clone wars/rebels and I'll more properly understand your anguish

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

quote:

"As the process evolved, a few scenes we’d written with Rose and Leia turned out to not meet the standard of photorealism that we’d hoped for. Those scenes, unfortunately, fell out of the film."

The stuff they left in looked janky as hell so I'm very interested in seeing all of these supposed Leia/Rose scenes they were forced to cut. Not holding my breath about them showing up on any special editions though.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
imagine having Gwendoline Christie in the most action figurable costume ever and then doing everything to make her not be cool or memorable

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Lilikoi posted:

“One of the reasons that Rose has a few less scenes than we would like her to have has to do with the difficulty of using Carrie Fisher’s footage in the way we wanted to,” Terrio explained. “We wanted Rose to be the anchor at the rebel base who was with Leia. We thought we couldn’t leave Leia at the base without any of the principals who we love, so Leia and Rose were working together.”

lol this rear end in a top hat

Terrio was also one of the geniuses who helped write Batman v Superman and Justice League, he's the drizzling shits as far as writing ability.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Here in CD that post banishes you to the shadow realm. RIP to you.

With that said, it's a shame chris terrio's name was blemished being involved with this movie, but clearly even the world's greatest geniuses can't save disney wars

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

https://twitter.com/jennyenicholson/status/1211785086682615808?s=21

:suicide: this loving shitshow

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I just read the interview and... lol.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Jiro posted:

Terrio was also one of the geniuses who helped write Batman v Superman and Justice League, he's the drizzling shits as far as writing ability.

hmm he wrote a really good movie and he wrote a really bad movie

it's almost like how the director uses a script ends up being pretty important to how the end product turns up

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

The people who really killed Rise of Skywalker were the editors.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
The leaks indicate this film was being changed every few months so putting the blame on any one writer is dumb. At this point, I'd be willing to believe that the leaks were a deliberate way to get feedback before actually releasing the film. Matt Smith is playing a rejuvenated Palpatine? People hate it? poo poo, get Ian back.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
The movie was killed by:
Whoever said they had to have Leia in the movie
Whoever didn't force them to stick to one Mcguffin for the plot
Whoever read "Emperor Palpatine then uses Force Lightning to fry every single rebel ship all at once" and didn't punch JJ Abrams in the face and force him to rewrite it

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

JJ under pressure from corporate oversight. But mostly JJ? Is at fault.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Horizon Burning posted:

The leaks indicate this film was being changed every few months so putting the blame on any one writer is dumb. At this point, I'd be willing to believe that the leaks were a deliberate way to get feedback before actually releasing the film. Matt Smith is playing a rejuvenated Palpatine? People hate it? poo poo, get Ian back.

I figured that Smith was cast as "the Oracle" who was supposed to tell Kylo Ren where Palpatine was before he was cut out of the script.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

pospysyl posted:

I figured that Smith was cast as "the Oracle" who was supposed to tell Kylo Ren where Palpatine was before he was cut out of the script.

Nope. That was said to be a little spider-like practical alien. A sketch was provided by the leaker but the model itself was glimpsed in a behind the scenes video. Matt Smith was said to be playing a young Palpatine.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
He was going to play Skynet again.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
palpatine being a time lord would be a better explanation of why he's still around

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
wait there's a scene where matt smith doctor gets really old and blasts a huge fleet out of the sky with his force lightning regeneration powers

I think I just made a horrible discovery about the original plans for this film

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Lunatic Sledge posted:

wait there's a scene where matt smith doctor gets really old and blasts a huge fleet out of the sky with his force lightning regeneration powers

I think I just made a horrible discovery about the original plans for this film

Didn't people really hate that scene?

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

pospysyl posted:

Didn't people really hate that scene?

probably, they bullshitted up some "he's drawing power from all the time lords" explanation for how one man could shoot down legions of alien ships with an energy never previously shown in canon to have that kind of output, drastically altering the scale of poo poo for like one scene after they'd seemingly written themselves into a corner

now, this may sound familiar, but

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
jj abrams is the worst director of all time and i'm sure it didn't help to have the morons running disney riding herd on him, but let's face it he already had more than enough rope to hang himself with

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Lunatic Sledge posted:

the alternative is developing new characters and we don't wanna do that, it's scary

Everyone got cold feet after Dash Rendar.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I liked the rumors before The Force Awakens came out that Luke was going to be the villain, Ben was a Vader fanboy hunting for ancient Sith relics to complete his toy collection, and the staff that Rey had was one such relic that had belonged to Darth Plagueis. Good times.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Venuz Patrol posted:

jj abrams is the worst director of all time and i'm sure it didn't help to have the morons running disney riding herd on him, but let's face it he already had more than enough rope to hang himself with

I know hes been involved with a lot but has any of it actually been good?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Uncle Wemus posted:

No

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I like the pilot episode of Lost.

[edit]

vvvv that made me chuckle

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Hello, my name is Dash Rendar, and this is my ship, the Fillenium Malcoln.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Just reminding everyone again that Dash Rendar is in the Disney canon.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

ruddiger posted:

Hello, my name is Dash Rendar, and this is my ship, the Fillenium Malcoln.

Lol, this reminds me of the couple-name that Jon Stewart gave to William H. Macy and Felicity Huffman: Filliam H. Muffman.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Uncle Wemus posted:

MI:3 was entertaining and had the best villain of any of those movies.

Edit: They're already walking back that Terrio interview, lmao.

https://twitter.com/bdgrabinski/status/1211802131289669632

Mat Cauthon fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Dec 31, 2019

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Lunatic Sledge posted:

probably, they bullshitted up some "he's drawing power from all the time lords" explanation for how one man could shoot down legions of alien ships with an energy never previously shown in canon to have that kind of output, drastically altering the scale of poo poo for like one scene after they'd seemingly written themselves into a corner

now, this may sound familiar, but

This is a very creative, if entirely incorrect, description of what happened in that episode

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
We live in JJ Abrams' fever dream in 2013 while he's deciding whether or not to take the Star Wars gig.

Lilikoi
Oct 11, 2012

Uncle Wemus posted:

I don't know how movie works tbh so I have no idea if he's deeply involved with casting or if he just has a casting agent he trusts, but I always thought he was really good at that. I feel like most of his stuff is at least 30% better than it should be because I enjoy everyone in the cast so much.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

teagone posted:

JJ under pressure from corporate oversight. But mostly JJ? Is at fault.

Anybody say JJ Binks yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

feedmyleg posted:

We live in JJ Abrams' fever dream in 2013 while he's deciding whether or not to take the Star Wars gig.

Man, I wish he would get over this thing he has with Trump. Casting him as president is totally ruining my immersion