Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Firepro actually does a murder? drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Golden Bee posted:

I just burst out laughing, remembering a WWE 2K 11 story called “the Goldust mysteries.” It had Dustin as a detective, Vance archer as his sidekick who would only talk about how intense it was, and a transliterated Drew McIntyre accent.
It also had, about 40 minutes into the storyline, a cutaway to king and JR. they were never featured again, not that I remember, but had this exchange.
KING: hey JR, what do you think about all these gold dust mysteries?
JR: Frankly king, I don’t care if he lives or dies!

It then returned to the story.

lmfao

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

I just picked up Fire Pro on the PS4 (It's 75% off on the PSN Store, about $15 right now). Going to get on the FPW.Net site tonight to download some CAWs. Are there any particular users I should look out for that make good quality CAWs? Looking to maybe build out a good Monday Night Wars roster so would be on the lookout for WCW and WWF CAWs especially.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

For all its jankiness, create a story was fun. If only we could get 2k14 on Steam.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

For all its jankiness, create a story was fun. If only we could get 2k14 on Steam.

It's got its advantages in the sense that you can pick between a lot of animations, it's all in-engine and there's practically no barrier of entry save for actually purchasing the game. But I have to tell you, ever since I started using Renpy for the story scenes of my fed I'm not exactly looking back with fondness on the time I used WWE '13's and WWE 2k14's story creator.

It's really good to get into some quick creative fun, though.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Golden Bee posted:

KING: hey JR, what do you think about all these gold dust mysteries?
JR: Frankly king, I don’t care if he lives or dies!

It then returned to the story.

Lol I remember that, it was great

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/TheSDHotel/status/1207746179213221890?s=20

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I mean what were people expecting given every other development misfire?

What a mess.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Big news in the Fire Pro Mod world this week. Custom Weapons are now a Thing. People are already going wild with it. Tables, ladders, toasters, dildos, mailboxes, and more. And that's just after like 4 days of this feature existing.

Also the Takuan NJPW Collectable Fire Sale is still ongoing. I've still got a few 3star cards, and I'm up to like 7 1-star Jay Briscoes from trades I've made with other people.

And for the 4 people that watch, W.A.V.E. Pro Wrestling begins at 8:00PM Est featuring Good And Entertaining E-Wrestling! Come check it out it's fun!
https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It actually looks more 2D than Fire Pros belt creator

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
Just gonna put out there that the latest patch has killed the pc game again, cant close the game without rebooting my computer, that will be hot patched soon but the new DLC they only give you 6 characters, like there is a roman reigns tower in the dlc where you play as roman...and you cant unlock him

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

very pleased that so many people bought the game.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

also all wrestlers do the undertaker situp after 2 counts now

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
newLegacyinc continued with their 2k20 CPU Universe Mode & had a falls-count-anywhere match with Liv Morgan vs Zelina Vega.

It went over 85 minutes, required 2 match restarts & didn't have a finish

This game suuuuuuuuuucks

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I don't know, sounds like it's managed to capture Vince McMahon's booking style perfectly.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

dsriggs posted:

newLegacyinc continued with their 2k20 CPU Universe Mode & had a falls-count-anywhere match with Liv Morgan vs Zelina Vega.

This game suuuuuuuuuucks

watching this now, and I do think that the Flair/Christian submission match has been usurped

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

dsriggs posted:

This game suuuuuuuuuucks

Watching the stream comments as people slowly go insane it’s amazing.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
In case people missed it, we have a roadmap for the remaining Fire Pro DLC now: https://www.spike-chunsoft.com/news/fire-pro-wrestling-world-2020-roadmap/

"End of an Era" sure sounds like this is it.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Create your own moves is wild, I imagine it will be pretty limited but I'm already thinking about moves I can fix (Steiner screwdriver and orange crush)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I need to play more firepro. Have they improved the custom wrestler import stuff? I remember it being a huge pain in the rear end on PS4.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

unimportantguy posted:

In case people missed it, we have a roadmap for the remaining Fire Pro DLC now: https://www.spike-chunsoft.com/news/fire-pro-wrestling-world-2020-roadmap/

tbh the fact that this game existed at all is nothing short of a loving miracle. I'm beyond grateful that Fire Pro returned at all and with so much quality to the game. I wish even more could have been added but for such a small team they really went to the limits and dedicated so much time to such a niche game series.

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Made of beef and beef byproduct
Lipstick Apathy

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Create your own moves is wild, I imagine it will be pretty limited but I'm already thinking about moves I can fix (Steiner screwdriver and orange crush)

The moves people have been modding into the game are done using an incomplete version of the move creation tool and a script that shoves them in as best as possible, so, I'm not sure how limited it'll be tbh. I imagine that an official tool will drastically lower the amount of RAM the game uses up to do that, at least...

I did some poking around before it was blocked off from easier access, and it allows for the creation of basically any move shown in the game, though some will require a good bit more work to account for multiple angles and versions done near the corner/out of the ring.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
https://twitter.com/KungFu_Grip/status/1209242173792755713

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It makes a lot more sense if the AI was just programmed around Jeff Hardy

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Custom moves I never bothered with- I don't really know enough about that side of wrestling to know what's missing- but part creation has potential.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I played Fire Pro World again. I've only got the base PS4 version but jeez its so fun. I created a dude that loves to stab you and then punch you to death.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

unimportantguy posted:

"New Scenario Mode (Scenario by: Goichi Suda)

Wrestler Morio Sumisu’s life ended in tragedy at the height of his career. Now his son has set out on the same path of glory, but can he find a way to the top without following in his father’s haunted footsteps?"

uhhh what the gently caress

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Suda also wrote the story mode for Super Fire Pro Special, which ended with the aforementioned suicide. It's a sequel!

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Taintrunner posted:

"New Scenario Mode (Scenario by: Goichi Suda)

Wrestler Morio Sumisu’s life ended in tragedy at the height of his career. Now his son has set out on the same path of glory, but can he find a way to the top without following in his father’s haunted footsteps?"

uhhh what the gently caress

Oh yeah he did the infamous story mode for one of the past FP games. https://www.giantbomb.com/super-fire-pro-wrestling-special/3030-38888/

This wacky rear end game posted:

Before the final battle against reigning world champion Dick Slender, based off real-life wrestler Ric Flair, the player character's girlfriend leaves him. To make matters worse, during the match Slender murders the player character's tag-team partner in the ring, and also confesses to killing his trainer before the fight.

After winning the bout, the player character realizes that he was using wrestling as a means to fight off depression. With nobody left, and no higher to climb, three days later he commits suicide in his home

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

e: its even more hosed up than I remembered. Ric Flair is a mass murderer

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

coconono posted:

I played Fire Pro World again. I've only got the base PS4 version but jeez its so fun. I created a dude that loves to stab you and then punch you to death.

Iizuka is already in the game, though?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gaz-L posted:

Iizuka is already in the game, though?

yeah well I called my dude Jacked Assman because he's super ripped and wears a thong.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Tonight at 8:05 EST! It's W.A.V.E. Pro-Wrestling's Christmas Kumite! A No-Rope No-DQ tournament featuring 17 combatants from around the world and parts unknown! Come and See!

https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

are you ready for DLC for WWE 2K20 entitled BIG DOG EATS MY rear end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efh4rb9SVRE

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

hunnert car pileup posted:

I’d say more “morbidly resigned to it” than ready

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

hunnert car pileup posted:

Only now at the end did 2K understand that people wanted ridiculous poo poo in their wrestling games so we get moves that are crazy and impactful looking instead of slow as gently caress, and a straight-up Fist of the North Star pressure point strike.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Holy poo poo, the Wrestling with Pixels kickstarter book from 2013 is actually going to print thanks to the HG101 crew. Got a 98% done, 250 page PDF of it in my inbox this morning.

I had no idea there were so many wrestling computer games.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
What’s it all about?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Just a comprehensive book taking a look at every wrestling video game ever made, up to WWE 2k18, including unreleased games, games featuring wrestlers, interviews with some developers, etc. Every game gets at least half a page, but most have several page write-ups. Just an astounding number of games I never knew existed for obscure overseas computer platforms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
How many pages for MDickie games?