Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Leavemywife posted:

I got promoted into a supervisor position at work, and got about a 40% increase in pay (not that I made a ton before, nor do I now), and it still seems like my wife and I don't have very much money. I get paid more, my check is bigger, so how the gently caress is it that it doesn't seem like we actually have more money?

Do you have an itemized written budget? That's my first world problem. I am not great at budgeting and should have more saved than I do.

Also extremely FWP is that I just want to know what my end of year bonus is so I know whether my boss stepped up or if I should just start job hunting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Leavemywife posted:

I got promoted into a supervisor position at work, and got about a 40% increase in pay (not that I made a ton before, nor do I now), and it still seems like my wife and I don't have very much money. I get paid more, my check is bigger, so how the gently caress is it that it doesn't seem like we actually have more money?

It’s painfully clear neither you nor your wife can be trusted with the finances. Invest in pork bellies immediately.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Leavemywife posted:

It's easy to spend money and not realize it. Sounds like it's time to make a budget.

You should have a budget. Everybody should have a budget.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It's easy to spend money and not realize it. Sounds like it's time to make a budget.

You should have a budget. Everybody should have a budget.

You Need a Budget

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I got to thinking about it after I posted, and just realized, I got promoted around Christmas. The extra money started going into that and we're making bigger credit card payments.

:downs:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My head is cold because I got a haircut/headshave, and it's cold outside. I made a joke about it to my partner while it was happening, which isn't as funny when it actually happens.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Unnecessary holiday stress from me getting all up in my own head!

I had dreams of being an artist, but stopped after middle school because I drew gnarly monsters in my notebooks and that got me labeled a devil worshipper. I am and was a huge wimp! I had dreams of going back to it, mostly hindered by me also being a depressed lump. Still, I made art for my dad for Christmas three years ago, and it went over well, so I made it for him and my two sisters next year. I also had more money then so I threw in some other stuff. However, I kind of stressed myself out doing it. Last year, I wasn’t feeling creative and just bought stuff.

That was the plan this year, and I got them stuff they asked for. The stuff on their lists coincidentally lined up: Same tub of lotion, one thing from a bookstore, etc.

But then, my sister brought up art again, mentioning a drawing of her and her boyfriend. So I thought if I’m going to do art, I better do it for everyone. So I’m stressing out, staying up late, realizing I don’t remember how two people sitting together is supposed to look due to being out of practice, finding few photo references on Facebook for the boyfriend because I don’t have Instagram to see my sister’s private account, and I still gotta plan and do two more.

I could plan an all nighter like two years ago, but I had a decent amount of stuff bought, but also I asked them for art ideas for each other. And then, after our big Christmas Eve dinner, Sister One and her boyfriend asked Sister Two to open a gift early, a tabletop game called Codenames, so we can play together, because Sister One has to leave Christmas afternoon.

We had an absolutely delightful time, played many rounds over a few hours, and that really hosed with any plans for the art :argh:

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 08:44 on Dec 25, 2019

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm playing a game on my computer that makes my computer fan flare up. Generally understandable since the CPU is on load, but I've been a bit :tinfoil: ever since my PC poo poo the bed once while I was out (with a clear hey-I-shut-down-cuz-I-almost-melted list of errors), so while I understand that it probably won't happen, it might and it sucks.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I woke up with a terrible chest cold today and had to stay home while my husband went to visit his family. I'm not upset about it, but drat I really wanted something nice for Christmas dinner and I guess they didn't send home any leftovers. :sigh:

I've been awake for maybe 6 hours and I'm ready for a nap. I haven't done anything all day, but gently caress I'm exhausted. Hopefully this clears up enough that I can go back to work on Friday.. because of course the one time I have a decent job and get days off for the holidays, I get deathly ill. Oh, and my right eye has been twitching and I don't know if it's related. Blrgh. :ohdearsass:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

MisterBibs posted:

I'm playing a game on my computer that makes my computer fan flare up. Generally understandable since the CPU is on load, but I've been a bit :tinfoil: ever since my PC poo poo the bed once while I was out (with a clear hey-I-shut-down-cuz-I-almost-melted list of errors), so while I understand that it probably won't happen, it might and it sucks.

Update, after getting 3/4ths into the final section of the game, I've run into a glitch that I can't bypass. Ugh.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Also game-related, I’ve had some time off and have been playing Disco Elysium a lot and absolutely love it but I keep slouching into this weird shape while playing it and don’t notice until everything hurts. I think this maybe happens for games with a lot of text more?

Either way when I went to get a massage today my massage therapist was like “oh my god, your shoulders are even more jacked up than usual” :saddowns:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Everything hurts and I want to die. I've slept most of the last 24+ hours, and even doing laundry was exhausting enough that I had to take a nap after. I'm absolutely starving but I have very little appetite and it's hard to eat anything because I'm just so tired all the time. This morning was nothing but half-awake fever dreams about having to go to work and panicking because I thought it was tomorrow already. :sigh:

I'm supposed to work a double tomorrow but I'm almost definitely calling out. Maybe for the entire weekend. Attendance points be damned.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I'm on vacation until after the New year but I have too many events coming up between now and then. I will have fun and be glad I went to them, but dammit I just want to curl up under blankets and play video games and nap until 2020.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I want to take a vacation, I've got the time banked, but we're in blackout dates until the 20th or so.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I got Civilization 6 as a present and wanted to do a blind LP of it, played about two hours, and discovered OBS was recording the launcher window and not the game itself.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I'm tired, I'm always tired.

I sleep enough, but I'm still tired.

My job is fine, but I'm always tired.

I don't know if it's my food, or my exercise, or my medicine, or if it's my goddamned body.

I've been tired since I was 11. I played sports then, but I was still tired, but I was also supremely depressed, and wanted to die. I'm not as depressed now, I'm healing. I'm actually doing quite well.

But I'm tired.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

DicktheCat posted:

I don't know if it's my food, or my exercise, or my medicine, or if it's my goddamned body.

I've been tired since I was 11. I played sports then, but I was still tired, but I was also supremely depressed, and wanted to die. I'm not as depressed now, I'm healing. I'm actually doing quite well.

But I'm tired.

It could be worth getting a sleep study done. There are several disorders that can make it seem like you're getting enough sleep, but you're not actually getting enough truly restful sleep. Things like sleep apnea or narcolepsy.

It might not be something related to your sleeping, but it's best to rule it out, especially if it's been going on so long.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

AngryRobotsInc posted:

It could be worth getting a sleep study done. There are several disorders that can make it seem like you're getting enough sleep, but you're not actually getting enough truly restful sleep. Things like sleep apnea or narcolepsy.

It might not be something related to your sleeping, but it's best to rule it out, especially if it's been going on so long.

Sleep apnea can definitely do that. My BIL has an app that measures quality sleep, I forget what it is. You may want to look for something like that before doing a full sleep study.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

DicktheCat posted:

But I'm tired.

It’s also worth getting your thyroid checked. Fatigue was one of the main indicators for my Hashimoto’s Disease diagnosis, and since getting on replacement thyroid hormone I’ve got a lot less fatigue.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

All of the shops near me stopped carrying plain, flavorless greek yogurt. I'm going to have to start chugging kefir instead of yogurt if I can't find it anywhere.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Hooking up my new modem so I don't have to pay more than one month of the rental fee for Comcast's was harder than it needed to be. drat thing didn't want to connect for a while.

Uncle Lloyd
Sep 2, 2019
I can buy fresh bell peppers at literally any time of year, shipped from anywhere in the western hemisphere to my local supermarket in rural America, for incredibly low prices. So why the gently caress do I have remove the seeds myself like some kind of caveman? Why can't modern agriculture figure out how to grow seedless peppers?

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Uncle Lloyd posted:

I can buy fresh bell peppers at literally any time of year, shipped from anywhere in the western hemisphere to my local supermarket in rural America, for incredibly low prices. So why the gently caress do I have remove the seeds myself like some kind of caveman? Why can't modern agriculture figure out how to grow seedless peppers?

The Angello seedless pepper was in the news some years back, but then I never saw it in any grocery stores.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

My weed store ran out of edibles

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Dan Ryckert is leaving Giant Bomb and now I'm sad he won't be on the weekly podcasts. He says the new job has nothing to do with games and it's an office job.

Mu Zeta has a new favorite as of 13:34 on Jan 3, 2020

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Mu Zeta posted:

Dan Ryckert is leaving Giant Bomb and now I'm sad he won't be on the weekly podcasts. He says the new job has nothing to do with games and it's an office job.

Should have been Ben.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Hard agree but that would be a first world celebration and not appropriate for this thread

It sounds like Dan's job is at WWE producing a podcast or something. There's an interview with Kofi Kingston where he says he's working with Dan Ryckert.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I wanted to get a pizza delivered and show that fake documentary set in a world where the South won the Civil War to my partner (I haven't seen it in ages, plus I wanted to get her reaction to the "These real-life items are based on being Very Racist and weren't invented for the movie" part of the ending), and both parts failed in FWPy ways:

- CSA: The Confederate States Of America isn't on Netflix, anymore

- We decided to cheap out and get some Pizza Hut delivered, and evidently the one near us decided to finally change their recipe to the lovely quality that everyone thinks of when they think of Pizza Hut. Was bound to happen; we had years of being :smug: that, hey, at least our Pizza Hut is cheap and good, and now it's over.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 03:13 on Jan 4, 2020

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
My hair looks better when I don't brush it (when it's not brushed it's super wavy and curly, when brushed it just goes bushy and I look like a spaniel) but I don't like how it feels when my hair isn't brushed :saddowns:

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Butt Detective posted:

My hair looks better when I don't brush it (when it's not brushed it's super wavy and curly, when brushed it just goes bushy and I look like a spaniel) but I don't like how it feels when my hair isn't brushed :saddowns:

Try using a wide tooth comb. You’ll get the feeling of brushing your hair, but it’s not as bushy as a brush.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My friend has been out of a job (got outsourced but she did get a severance package) for about a year. She's been applying like mad but never gets past the interview. But she wasn't worried much because her husband has a job.

He got fired yesterday because they were 'looking to go another direction.' The dude is a manchild, would take random days off and call out sick a lot because he didn't feel like going in to work, and it came to bite them in the rear end.

Maybe it is me, because I don't live where she does (Regina, Canada) but the budget she showed me seems insanely high. $1000 a month for groceries? Even counting the baby's diapers and formula that seems insane! Of course I have no idea what prices are up north, maybe a thing of good formula is like $100 or something. Car and mortgage and insurance and gas all checks out, but I'm wondering how sheltered I am that a grand a month for two adults and a baby seems high.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

$1kCAD/mo is roughly double what I spend on groceries for two adults and a cat and a dog. That doesn't seem entirely insane what with diapers being super expensive.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Today is my day off so of course my internet has been out since the middle of the night

Also I got a freenas server set up out of spare parts but I'm struggling to get permissions to work to get subsonic working and trying to get this poo poo figured out by phone is a pain in the rear end.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I get to work from home tomorrow, but that's because our dog is getting surgery and dental work done. My wife is gonna be a basket case all day long. I'm stressed and worried too, but not nearly to the degree she is.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

DizzyBum posted:

I get to work from home tomorrow, but that's because our dog is getting surgery and dental work done. My wife is gonna be a basket case all day long. I'm stressed and worried too, but not nearly to the degree she is.

Hopefully all goes well with the pupper! My dog has had a couple rounds of teeth cleaning under anesthesia and they’ve all went well.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I accidentally bought shampoo instead of conditioner today because I'm a dumbass and the bottles look exactly the same. :sigh:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The stress of buying a house has made me sick all week.
It wouldn't be a huge deal but we're really busy at work and I don't really have a backup.

So I'm exhausted, stressed about the house and constantly thinking about the work that needs to be done.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
HR has been taking their slow rear end time processing the job posting I'm hoping to get. The posting came down in early november and the interviews happened last week :negative: Just tell me if I got it already

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
I'm sitting on the beach and there are a couple of chairs from our hotel that have been empty of people for hours, but they left their shoes and book there, so I'm not sure if it's ok to steal their table.

Edit: My goon husband said it was ok to steal it so I did.

Emily Spinach has a new favorite as of 20:02 on Jan 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I rushed out of the office because I had to catch a train to go to a book signing and I didn't have time to go to the loo and I have to pee really really really bad