Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Supersonic Shine posted:

When I think of Mirio having a job that doesn't require a Quirk, I think of firefighting, probably because he's swole as hell.

I am hoping against hope that he gets his powers back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

surely eri gets him his power back

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Well there's a complementary set of serum capsules that restore your quirk if it was removed by the quirk killer bullets.

It's just that Shigaraki has them now.

My theory is that Mirio might just flip if offered his quirk back. Mirio's response to Tamaki's suggestion Eri might restore his quirk some day looked weird to me. Also Nighteye's reaction to seeing his future was also weird.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

While it would be great for my good friend Mirio Togata to team up with the comic's best characters I don't think he and the league would mesh well.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I can't see that happening under any loving circumstances

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Arist posted:

I can't see that happening under any loving circumstances

can't be stated any more firmly

bacon flaps fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Dec 31, 2019

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Fabricated posted:

Well there's a complementary set of serum capsules that restore your quirk if it was removed by the quirk killer bullets.

It's just that Shigaraki has them now.

My theory is that Mirio might just flip if offered his quirk back. Mirio's response to Tamaki's suggestion Eri might restore his quirk some day looked weird to me. Also Nighteye's reaction to seeing his future was also weird.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The Mirio x Toga ship is about to set sail folks.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I dunno, Mirio is a glitchy bethesda game character so it's absolutely possible that he will suddenly become aggressive and murderous for no reason.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Fabricated posted:

Mirio's most memorable scene in the series so far is beating the everloving poo poo out of a terrible person in a way very reminiscent of All Might vs. Nomu.

Him suddenly flipping to being a villain would be incredibly jarring and inconsistent with his character as displayed.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

mirio's biggest moment was selflessly taking a bullet for a kid even though he knew he'd lose his quirk for it. then he fought a super villain alone and basically unarmed to keep her safe

that's a heel turn that would be legit baffling. there's a lot of groundwork to lay between then and now if it's supposed to be believable, because right now it doesn't make sense imo

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
Mirio performs a heel turn to get his quirk back, he then continues turning on his heel so as to roundhouse kick Twice in the face. PPPPPPPPPOOOOOWERRRRRRRRR!

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I took his weird expression as maybe not wanting his quirk back for some reason, rather than suddenly wanting to break bad.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Fabricated posted:

My theory is that Mirio might just flip if offered his quirk back.

You missed the entire point of his character and his biggest moment if you think this could or would happen.

"Even without a quirk I AM STILL LEMILLION"
"Hmmm yes he's definitely getting ready to betray everyone to get his quirk back."

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Yeah that is a dumb rear end take.

Anyway I saw something in the leaks about Aoyama getting a laser sword?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Raposa posted:

Mirio performs a heel turn to get his quirk back, he then continues turning on his heel so as to roundhouse kick Twice in the face. PPPPPPPPPOOOOOWERRRRRRRRR!

Power?

Of course! Mirio's natural goody-two-shoes tendencies would make him unable to convincingly infiltrate the league. He'll need an adviser on how villains think. And who could give better advice than the Nobel prize winning Prime Minister of Japan?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

mirio's biggest moment was selflessly taking a bullet for a kid even though he knew he'd lose his quirk for it. then he fought a super villain alone and basically unarmed to keep her safe

that's a heel turn that would be legit baffling. there's a lot of groundwork to lay between then and now if it's supposed to be believable, because right now it doesn't make sense imo

Which is why it'll all happen off screen just like the dragon fight during the Overhaul arc.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you didn't need to see that fight to know why it happened

Junpei posted:

Yeah that is a dumb rear end take.

Anyway I saw something in the leaks about Aoyama getting a laser sword?

he does. there are english translations out already, tho I'm straining the definition of the word a little here. the one I read was gibberish

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I can see Mirio flipping out if he got his Quirk back. Just hootin' and hollerin' his lungs out.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
The League of Evil offers Mirio his quirk back if he joins them, confident that no one could possibly turn this down. The Justice League orders Mirio to take the deal, eager to get a mole in the enemy's camp.

This leads to a wacky comedy arc because Mirio Togata is the world's worst mole and cannot pretend to be evil for poo poo. The League keeps trying to bring him over to the dark side, but when he can't make himself do any "fun" crimes they wind up trying to peer pressure him into things like "jaywalking" and "kissing a girl." He is unable to do those either.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Rand Brittain posted:

The League of Evil offers Mirio his quirk back if he joins them, confident that no one could possibly turn this down. The Justice League orders Mirio to take the deal, eager to get a mole in the enemy's camp.

This leads to a wacky comedy arc because Mirio Togata is the world's worst mole and cannot pretend to be evil for poo poo. The League keeps trying to bring him over to the dark side, but when he can't make himself do any "fun" crimes they wind up trying to peer pressure him into things like "jaywalking" and "kissing a girl." He is unable to do those either.

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Daww, lil Popstep is so cute :3:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

I can see Mirio flipping out if he got his Quirk back. Just hootin' and hollerin' his lungs out.

Mirio is going to Phantom Menace the poo poo out of the VA after he gets his quirk back

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mirio gets his quirk back and has to go back through the growing pains of training it to be useful again because that bullet totally reset his level back to 1.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Mirio inherits All For One

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I highly doubt mirio would heel turn but I would not be shocked by the villains using their ability to cure him as a way to gently caress with his head.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Deku will give Mirio One For All after he gets his original quirk back that happens to be even stronger that OfA and AfO.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It turns out Deku's ability is One for One, the ability to switch quirks with another person provided that both parties give consent to the transaction.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

In a shocking and somewhat confusing twist Mirio's Quirk will instead go to All Might.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Nighteye's prophecy about All Might finally comes true as All Might gains Mirio's quirk and rapidly sinks into the center of the earth, since he's never had to actually try to learn how to control a quirk before because he was a natural at OfA.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Kanos posted:

Nighteye's prophecy about All Might finally comes true as All Might gains Mirio's quirk and rapidly sinks into the center of the earth, since he's never had to actually try to learn how to control a quirk before because he was a natural at OfA.

as soon as passed out from lack of oxygen he'd springboard back to the surface

...hopefully in the direction he'd sank

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

It turns out Deku's ability is One for One, the ability to switch quirks with another person provided that both parties give consent to the transaction.

This but backwards. Deku's quirk, All for All, actually allows him to share his full power with allies. Using this, everybody in Class 1-A gets to have their moment in the final battle.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Oxxidation posted:

as soon as passed out from lack of oxygen he'd springboard back to the surface

...hopefully in the direction he'd sank

I AM
...SOMEWHERE

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
AU where Midoriya's parents are Kamui Woods and Mt. Lady, giving him a quirk that lets him transform into a giant tree. A Deku Tree if you will.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Scholtz posted:

This but backwards. Deku's quirk, All for All, actually allows him to share his full power with allies. Using this, everybody in Class 1-A gets to have their moment in the final battle.

Sounds like a movie plot, tbh.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kanos posted:

Ah, like that bad guy from Batman Beyond.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Scholtz posted:

Ah yes, I remember that part in Naruto

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Sounds like a movie plot, tbh.

Thats the final arc of Naruto

e;fb

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Except this time it makes a difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU