Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Hey thread, am I a dick for rolling my eyes and laughing at Nyx Lotus?
The most cynical snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Nyx Lotus seems sweet, idk

It's a busted commander card, that's for sure.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

sit on my Facebook posted:

Nyx Lotus seems sweet, idk

It's a busted commander card, that's for sure.

Meh. It isn't that busted. It's a 4CMC mana rock that ETBs tapped and can very much become worse than Hedron after a board wipe.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

This seems quite good, but also a great release valve for the format because it's an anti-escape card that escape decks want. Also another card that's good against Catte!

Overall I'm starting to think the statement 'throne of eldraine is the peak of the new increased standard power level' wasn't correc-[is turned into a 3/3 elk]

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
Goddamn this set

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
"Escape Velocity" is definitely well up there on the pun scale.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I didn't know I wanted the flavor of 'escape from the Greek underworld by running up a column really fast', but it turns out I did.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

That's a lot more work than Crystal Slipper, but also probably a lot more synergy.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

JerryLee posted:

I didn't know I wanted the flavor of 'escape from the Greek underworld by running up a column really fast', but it turns out I did.

It worked in Asura's Wrath!

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Can we get a Secrets of the Dead reprint? Would be ++ flavorful!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

LifeLynx posted:

That's a lot more work than Crystal Slipper, but also probably a lot more synergy.

Also a much cooler card. Escape Velocity is bad rear end, Crystal Slipper is one of the most boring and unthematic of the fairy tale cards in Eldraine.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Gonna draw 3 for 3 and then sac that poo poo to Doom Fortold.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

Also a much cooler card. Escape Velocity is bad rear end, Crystal Slipper is one of the most boring and unthematic of the fairy tale cards in Eldraine.

Crystal Slipper should've done something else and fallen off at the end of each turn.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Yeah, the entire point of the glass slipper is that when it's wearer started to move quickly it fell off.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

I want to like this but 1UU is weird. Heavy blue decks are usually not interested in tapping out and nightpack ambusher is better and faster.

is this like "fixed" rancor? Seems good but I love giving things haste so I'm biased.

Magic Underwear fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Dec 31, 2019

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Aphemia the Cacophony {1}{B}Legendary Enchantment Creature -- Harpy

FlyingAt the beginning of your end step, you may exile an enchantment card from your graveyard. If you do, create a 2/2 black Zombie creature token.

P/T: 2/1

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The Kraken looks pretty nice for Izzet Draw.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Kurtofan posted:

Aphemia the Cacophony {1}{B}Legendary Enchantment Creature -- Harpy

FlyingAt the beginning of your end step, you may exile an enchantment card from your graveyard. If you do, create a 2/2 black Zombie creature token.

P/T: 2/1

That is very powerful if you can reliably enable it. That's a pretty tall order but hell you never know what kind of enablers they'll print.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
i keep going over and over underworld breach and i just cant fathom how the gently caress this card got printed.

its like the time they tried to "fix" necropotence by letting you have the cards right away but increasing the mana by 3.

except they let you recur the cards over and over and reduced the cost by 1

what the gently caress

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Well I mean Breach probably won't break Standard. Plus maybe it just won't quite be good enough to break all the eternal formats?

oh also it probably won't break Cube unlike Oko.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Man, I like that they're printing good hate cards in the actual set now, that's a relief.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Commune with the stars

enchantement aura

enchant creature or enchantment

the enchanted permanent is an enchantment and loses all other card types (it still has it's abilities, but it's no longer a creature).

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
The "or enchantment" part looks weird, I know its so the target remains valid after the effect takes place but its unfortunate.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
so, uh, how does that work with opalescence?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

A big flaming stink posted:

so, uh, how does that work with opalescence?

Not really confusingly. Opalescence turns all other non aura enchantments into creatures. If you enchant one of them, it just turns back into an enchantment since this comes down with a later timestamp. If you then play another opalescence the target turns back into a creature

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Isn’t that Enchantmentize from the Mystery Booster playtest cards?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

Commune with the stars

enchantement aura

enchant creature or enchantment

the enchanted permanent is an enchantment and loses all other card types (it still has it's abilities, but it's no longer a creature).

The keeping abilities part is pretty cool, put this on a crypt rats and you can kill everything turn after turn after turn!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

whydirt posted:

Isn’t that Enchantmentize from the Mystery Booster playtest cards?

poo poo you're right, I thought this was already leaked in that early leak.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Hellsau posted:

poo poo you're right, I thought this was already leaked in that early leak.

This gives me hope for Slivdrazi Monstrosity to be printed for real one day ...

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I’m wondering what kind of fuckery they found that made them want to cost mediocre Blue removal 3U.

Though the thought of turning various Gideon walkers into Enchantments with loyalty abilities is pretty funny.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Dec 31, 2019

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
it's a cool way of tapping a creature down permanently for 3U like capture sphere

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
It is basically a Pacifism with a couple of niche upsides (other auras will fall off, creature-only bounce doesn't work)

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

I’m wondering what kind of fuckery they found that made them want to cost mediocre Blue removal 3U.

Though the thought of turning various Gideon walkers into Enchantments with loyalty abilities is pretty funny.
Does that mean you still get to use their loyalty abilities but your opponent can't attack them?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

For 5UB if they don't have a sac outlet you can drop this and Inevitable End and make a one sided Abyss. :v:

Wait poo poo End would fall off.

There's gotta be a way to break this.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
people are missing that it's likely phrased that way so it works on the devotion gods

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

At the very least it will be a staple of badmtgcombos for years to come.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

flatluigi posted:

people are missing that it's likely phrased that way so it works on the devotion gods

It's phrased that way so it works at all

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Does that mean you still get to use their loyalty abilities but your opponent can't attack them?

I'm pretty sure once it stops being a planeswalker, its abilities can't be used since you have to add or subtract loyalty and enchantments have no rules regarding loyalty counters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Barry Shitpeas posted:

It's phrased that way so it works at all

yes, but the card is built with the implication to target the gods