Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He was always fun doing color for Chikara and IWA-MS, too

One time Arik Cannon countered a running move with a stiff punch, and Kingston lost his poo poo in hilarious fashion. I know they don't really need him but Kingston as PnP's manager in AEW would rule.

Yeah, King was good fun with Punk and Prazak for that legendary Joe Necro match at Viking Hall. Always loved when he'd get to do commentary with Bryce or Ultramantis Black for Chikara too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

you knew the match was good when you could see Eddie bouncing in his chair like a christmas morning child.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

coconono posted:

you knew the match was good when you could see Eddie bouncing in his chair like a christmas morning child.

This. Eddie has a foul mouthed, almost child-like joy of good pro-wrestling. Would love to hear him do more commentary (especially if he's hanging up the boots soon).

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

blast0rama posted:

This. Eddie has a foul mouthed, almost child-like joy of good pro-wrestling. Would love to hear him do more commentary (especially if he's hanging up the boots soon).

The cutest thing on his recent guest commentary on Beyond was him enthusing at the IWTV live graphic that looks like the old MTV logo. he was just happy that someone did something fun!

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Deathlove posted:

Finally catching up on Beyond and Eddie Kingston is a blessing on commentary. Like, I don't know that I need him for two hours or whatever, but just a few matches here and there for flavor.

He was perfect for the Starr v Orange Cassidy match, especially when OC started doing real moves and Kingston was straight up baffled by it.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/MLW/status/1207837881202565120

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

forkboy84 posted:

Yeah, King was good fun with Punk and Prazak for that legendary Joe Necro match at Viking Hall. Always loved when he'd get to do commentary with Bryce or Ultramantis Black for Chikara too.

Listening to B&V and so many others opine that Evil Uno isn't cutting it as the Dark Order's mouthpiece made me wish AEW signs Ultramantis BLACK. Go full campy evil!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

https://youtu.be/vLPgHTAaxWs

It's a pro-click.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Wazzu posted:

Listening to B&V and so many others opine that Evil Uno isn't cutting it as the Dark Order's mouthpiece made me wish AEW signs Ultramantis BLACK. Go full campy evil!
Added bonus: UMB is a legitimate librarian irl

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

2019 BOLA has been added to the PWG Winter Sale

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

who loves Indie Sleaze?? I doooooooooo

https://twitter.com/KyleNotGuile/status/1210227282880675840

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Who is Rude Boy Riley

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sportsgenius86 posted:

Who is Rude Boy Riley

a disgraced pedophile indie wrestler.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/defyNW/status/1210260801975508993?s=19

It's been a while since a DEFY show hasn't had someone associated with AEW on it.

e: https://twitter.com/defyNW/status/1210363704463642624

TTBF fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Dec 27, 2019

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Watching Beyond, and man, if you told me RSP had almost a head on Chris Dickinson before this match started, I'd have called you a liar.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Deathlove posted:

Watching Beyond, and man, if you told me RSP had almost a head on Chris Dickinson before this match started, I'd have called you a liar.

And they just legit broke the ring with a superplex

Edit: JAKA is back!

Troxartas fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Dec 27, 2019

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

jaka!!

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
*bravely* I figured the third man would be JAKA be side of the entire Pazuzu angle but it was still a nice surprise 😊

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jaka is back? Nice.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They should do Jungle Boy vs. Chico Alvarez at Defy

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Flying V was good as always, Ophidian vs War Horse is an HM honestly, Logan Easton Laroux is the king of jawing with fans, and the very concept of a hoss tag team like Arik Royal and O’Shay Edwards fills me with childlike glee.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I'm sure some of you remember Bill Alfonso from ECW, but he's managing Matthew Justice at AIW now and put a man through a table Friday night
https://twitter.com/Stacysilvers/status/1211102978008109056

Same show had this array of people in the ring
https://twitter.com/ColtCabana/status/1210765652723556355

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The AIW and AAW shows this weekend were good and were on Fite.TV

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

fatu the world title challenger did a no-call no-show at aaw even though i think they've been building him up to win the title all year. i'm gonna assume it's dirty play from mlw since they've had heat ever since they started running in chicago

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

The most minor Indie pet peeve possible: I hate how long it takes for shows other than Beyond to go from streaming on IWTV to available on demand. I live in the UK. I usually can't stay up to watch wrestling in the middle of the night on weekdays, which means it's sometimes a week or more before I can watch a show after it aired.

And yes, I realise that not long ago it was untold months before I could get a third generation dvd. It's still annoying.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Super No Vacancy posted:

fatu the world title challenger did a no-call no-show at aaw even though i think they've been building him up to win the title all year. i'm gonna assume it's dirty play from mlw since they've had heat ever since they started running in chicago

Yeah looking at those results was some weird stuff. KrisStat beating Havok was also surprising??

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lamuella posted:

The most minor Indie pet peeve possible: I hate how long it takes for shows other than Beyond to go from streaming on IWTV to available on demand. I live in the UK. I usually can't stay up to watch wrestling in the middle of the night on weekdays, which means it's sometimes a week or more before I can watch a show after it aired.

And yes, I realise that not long ago it was untold months before I could get a third generation dvd. It's still annoying.

They could go faster but Beyond's promoter says they've sometimes delayed stuff for monetization purposes. Which I'm cool with, that food truck can't cover everything.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/ICWNEWYORK/status/1211778593656909833?s=20

Low Ki vs Takeda is a match I didn't know I wanted until I saw this poster

Vellius
Sep 22, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

https://twitter.com/ICWNEWYORK/status/1211778593656909833?s=20

Low Ki vs Takeda is a match I didn't know I wanted until I saw this poster

i need all of this RIGHT NOW, good lord. deppen/kingston, low-ki/takeda, and gage/blanchard all sound wild af. i'm less acquainted with kross outside of bloodsport, but him/dirty dickstrings with this gimmick oughtta fuckin' rip too, considering.

i've already blown a trial, but this just reinforces that i should see about subbing in the new year, because there's just way too much good poo poo.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Low Ki is going over brother.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I am almost exactly curious enough to see how loving awful SHLAK-Necro is going to be to watch it live, but since it's in the middle of Two Nights of WrestleKingdom, I'll probably FFWD past it when I watch it on demand.

Because that match is going to be the dirt loving worst.

Vellius
Sep 22, 2007

Deathlove posted:

I am almost exactly curious enough to see how loving awful SHLAK-Necro is going to be to watch it live, but since it's in the middle of Two Nights of WrestleKingdom, I'll probably FFWD past it when I watch it on demand.

Because that match is going to be the dirt loving worst.

ngl, i've come around on shlak since finding out that he is (probably??) not a nazi. he feels like he would have been right at home in necro's generation of deathmatch guys, and i have a soft spot for that era. also, him trying to do technical poo poo is kind of charming to me.

over the hill, post-red hat necro is a harder sell, though, unfortunately.......

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

My fave Shlak moment was when Effy punched him in the face with a spiked jacket.

I can't really say he's my fave deathmatch wrestler but he's got a fun name to chant. I chant it when I'm pooping. it helps.

Remember when Necro said he'd give up the deathmatch stuff in a few years all knowing like on Colt's podcast? We should have realized he was big ol dummy then.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
https://twitter.com/indiewrestling/status/1212065943666475010

quote:

BREAKING: Smart Mark Video and IWTV announce merger

December 31st, 2019

Today, we're excited to announce that IWTV and Smart Mark Video have come to terms on a new agreement that will expand our partnership into 2020 and beyond.

This new agreement will build upon our existing relationship with Smark Mark Video, which has allowed us to bring thousands of hours of independent wrestling content to IWTV subscribers. Now the two companies are merging into a united force, in an effort to better service the independent wrestling community and the promotions we partner with.

What does this mean?

Smart Mark Video will head our video production efforts to help improve on the quality of our live streamed events
Speaking of live streams, new live streams will be announced soon featuring new partner promotions
In addition to heading IWTV live even production, Smark Mark Video will continue to partner with FITE for live streams, including featured IWTV partner promotion events
New promotions will also become a regular part of our weekly Throwback Thursday release schedule
All IWTV partner promotions will now have access to additional distribution options through Smart Mark Video including DVD, Blu-Ray, VOD and MP4
Equipment upgrades and further development of our apps will ensure the best possible viewing experience for fans
A multi-casting feature will be added soon, allowing multiple events to stream live on IWTV at the same time

More information will be revealed tonight during Beyond Wrestling's New Year's Eve special "Heavy Lies the Crown" streaming live at 8PM EST / 5PM PST.

This seems good?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

So IWTV just merged with Smart Mark Video https://independentwrestling.tv/news/smart-mark-video-iwtv-announce-merger

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Seems good to me! I did think that Beyond/GCW doubleheader show last week was a harbinger of things to come, but didn't expect this so quickly.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

GCW catalog on IWTV would be loving fantastic

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sportsgenius86 posted:

GCW catalog on IWTV would be loving fantastic

I'd resub in a heartbeat if I got GCW shows. Everyone has been a secret banger.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

if this ends up with loads of new promotions becoming part of IWTV and better video quality: great

If this ends up with current IWTV promotions moving their premium content away from IWTV: less great.

(sorry, I tend to get paranoid about such things)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

I'd resub in a heartbeat if I got GCW shows. Everyone has been a secret banger.

I really want to watch a GCW show even though I can’t handle bad death match stuff.