Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Waver off the GSSR! :toot:

And 300 quartz and 40 tickets later, NP3 Vlad, NP3 Rama, NP3 Tamacat, Herc, and Hokusai! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Managed to get NP2 Hokusai, and I still have about 400~ quartz left. Time to start saving for Skadi.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Got Drake finally! Got nothing else but gently caress it I’m happy.

Happy new year!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Are the Epic of Remnant chapters required for anything, or are they fully optional? I'm going to want to finish them regardless obviously, but I'm wondering if I need to hurry for any reason.

BisbyWorl posted:

Waver off the GSSR! :toot:

And 300 quartz and 40 tickets later, NP3 Vlad, NP3 Rama, NP3 Tamacat, Herc, and Hokusai! :toot:

Lucky, I really want to get Waver since that'll allow me to do a lot of the fast grinding teams (and was planning on aiming for him during this GSSR before realizing it was the one with only two groups instead of the class-based one). Wonder when the next Waver banner is.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jan 1, 2020

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Are the Epic of Remnant chapters required for anything, or are they fully optional? I'm going to want to finish them regardless obviously, but I'm wondering if I need to hurry for any reason.

no

they eventually give out sq for completing each one, but even those sq missions aren't time-limited. you will want to balance playing them with the Lostbelts though, as Halloween has an LB2 lock and Christmas has an LB1 lock this year.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the only other EoR time-related thing i can think of is, they'll stop hiding True Names of EoR servants that appear in event stories after New Years 2021. just as an example, the EoR servants that appeared in this past NA Halloween were all given aliases to get around that issue.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Dang, looks like no Waver banners until like March.

edit: Looking at this chart there fortunately aren't any other SSR's I'm remotely interested in until Achilles in April

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jan 1, 2020

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

GSSR got me WAVER

finally have one of the best support casters

also lancelot, but he's NP3 now and that's not a big jump tbh

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.
I would have been happy with any new limited Servant from the GSSR but I instead got Osakabehime and nothing else of use. Oh well.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
All y'all are going to loving hate my luckshitting again because this was my very first roll on the Hokusai banner:

I got Lancer Artoria from the GSSR too, who was one of the servants I really wanted.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Got NP2 Shuten off the GSSR, and between that and throwing quartz and tickets around at the banner, picked up NP4 Tamamo, NP3 for Herc and Siegfried, NP2 Stheno, and Chiyome. Would have been nice if the Tamamo had been someone new or at least someone who'd benefit more from the NP level, but it's some pretty solid luck for what I put in and I dodged the Scheherazade bullet on the GSSR so can't really complain.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Was hoping for either Abby or Kiara from the GSSR, and the gacha mercifully obliged with the latter~

As for Hokusai, all I had was 60 SQ and the tickets from Da Vinci's shop. No Hokusai, but I did get my first Chiyome. I'm not super invested in her character and as a servant she seems pretty weak, but at least she's new. :shobon:

From this point onward I'm stockpiling every quartz and ticket for Skadi and maybe Summer BB in case I have anything left.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Got Hokusai with 2 multirolls. The GSSR gave me Altera NP3 AND Altera NP4, so I don't know if I should be happy or not.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Man, even if I didn't need so many bones I would still have to go hard on the Da Vinci rerun.

Sheba and Tomoe are both at 70, Santa Altera at 60, and now I have Hokusai, Waver, Herc, Beowulf, and Inshun to level from 1.

I'll be opening boxes for a while.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
here is some backstory

after I managed to successfully secure Merlin by using Aimer's song I Beg You from the second Heaven's Feel movie as a catalyst, Muashi was my second most desired Servant. She fits into my pretty buster-oriented lineup perfectly, and I think she's cool, and I think the concept of Musashi in general is pretty cool. I read that comic Vagabond. But sadly, after untold hundreds of Saint Quartz, nothing.Then I found out today that the banner for New Years that has all the other Servants I wanted (except Tamamo) wouldn't include her and she'd be on a seperate solo rate up I felt my prospects were looking pretty grim...

until
i rolled
ON THE GSSR

Never give up on your dreams! Even if you have to give like, 40 bucks to a grossly profitable Japanese gacha game!

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just as a general note thanks for the advice about getting through Camelot. I am going to be spending some time getting my servants nice and strong before attempting it again.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Oh hey noticed the new years batch of summon tickets in the shop and got Hokusai off ticket 5 :toot:

I have no idea if she's even good but for some reason that didn't stop me from rolling.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Hokusai's pretty good, for an AoE servant who's basically dealing neutral damage to all classes. She's a bit overhyped because there's a bunch of Hokusai Soloing CQ videos floating around, but her kit's definitely good.

Also her animations are incredibly good.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Now that's an exciting way to end a prelude, bring on LB!

GSSR: I thought I was rolling on the Calvary banner, but apparently I was rolling on the Oni banner, because it gave me NP2 Ibaraki and NP2 Shuten as back-to-back draws. I do like Shuten but, for all the status effects her NP inflicts, you'd think that NP2 and beyond would affect more than just the poison one, but no....

NY Banner: I thought I was rolling on the NY banner, but apparently I was rolling on the Hokusai trial quest banner, because 20 tickets and 60 SQ gave me NP2 Suzuka Gozen and Hokusai!

Also, I just noticed I'm getting very low on a few items, most notably down to 10 feathers.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Worst damage I've seen was 1000 quartz, 200 tickets, and an additional thousand bucks down the drain for np1 hokusai

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Tae posted:

Worst damage I've seen was 1000 quartz, 200 tickets, and an additional thousand bucks down the drain for np1 hokusai

Fuckin' oof

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Makes my ~800 quartz for NP1 Hokusai pretty sane. Did get four new servants along the way
-Parvati
-Circe
-Nightingale
-Beowulf

Then x3 rare prisms and another Waver. :arghfist:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Was aiming for Musashi, Karna, Sherlock or Proto Arthur on the GSSR, got NP2 Squirtoria which is honestly probably the best dupe possible.

Then I got THIS

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Still mad I got spooked less than 5 days from each other by my least favorite servant and a servant in a class I need by far the least

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I shall be Your Friend

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

I got a new Musashi on the GSSR, so I'm happy.

And I just spent 60 quartz and got Hokusai. So I'm doubly happy.

510rems
Mar 26, 2010
I ended up getting Hokusai after using up all my free quartz but before using up my all my paid quartz so I decided to roll the guaranteed gacha even though I wasn't planning on it. Unfortunately, I don't know what my guaranteed 5 star was:

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
15 tickets, got all the seasonal CEs but no Servants of note. I'll toss the daily tickets as they come, but I expect rubbish for the rubbish bin.

Sorry, Hokusai, I ain't gonna beg.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Took a crack at Waver knowing I would not get Waver, got Waver, so that worked out. Celebratory Hokusai 10 roll nailed Octodad as well. Everything's great!

Except for the part where I have no bronze mats. Good thing there's a Dust lotto coming I guess.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Was really hoping for a 2nd Musashi or Squirtoria, or a 3rd Jalter, or a 1st Normal Jeanne.

Ended up getting Dantes. I have no strong opinion on that. On the one hand, I didn't have him before, but on the other hand, I don't see myself ever actually needing/using him.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

the_steve posted:

Ended up getting Dantes. I have no strong opinion on that. On the one hand, I didn't have him before, but on the other hand, I don't see myself ever actually needing/using him.
You will. Oh, you will.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Nakar posted:

You will. Oh, you will.

Will I though? :thunk:
I've already got Jalter, and she seems to do a fine job of splatting enemy Rulers for me already.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Got really lucky with my GSSR, wanted nurse for a long time and I'll never say no to more np levels on Shuten.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

the_steve posted:

I've already got Jalter, and she seems to do a fine job of splatting enemy Rulers for me already.

Let me tell you about Skadi

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Terper posted:

Let me tell you about Skadi

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting about her.
Hopefully that'll let me slip under the desire sensor when the time to roll comes.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

the_steve posted:

In JP Dantes has been the nost powerful AoE Servant for the last 16 months.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i'm going to grail my zerkerlot to 100 and then you'll see how strong he is over dantes

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
12 tickets got me Hokusai and another8 got me the 5* New Years CE so I guess I do have a Skadi Fund after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

240 quartz

49 tickets

Got an NP3 Nito and an NP2 Tomoe Gozen, and some new CEs. No gold trails or rainbow sparks to speak of.

Ugh I feel disgusted. My streak of bad luck when it comes to new types (No non-welfare alter-ego, moon cancer or foreigner) continues.